Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #241
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

WOW what amazing night shots!!! So awesome!!! I love the picture of POR!! My favorite resort! I love it there!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 10-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #242
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Love the photos and I am too tired to compete with the previous clever comments.
Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Disneyland pre-trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #243
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

I put my youngest in a dress yesterday that we bought at the Polynesian on our first trip with my oldest. It's a cute little Hawaiian dress with Mickey and Minnie on it and it has signs all over it that say Disney's Polynesian Resort.

Awww, how I miss the days of cute resort specifics.

And yes, I am the princess of hand-me-downs. I saved all of my oldest's nice clothes in the hopes that someday we would have another child and the hopes that said child would be a girl. It took 7 years, but we did it!

Old 10-12-2010, 08:57 AM   #244
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Great! $80 for the ticket and he enjoys bouncing.
If I'm not mistaken, I said that exact sentence, word for word, to my wife at that point in the trip. I might have repeated it later, too.

Quote:
So you only got 53,000 on the rest of the ride?
Man. I almost got through the entire TR without anyone noticing that. I can't put anything past you guys.

Quote:
Welcome to the club. You've been home for a few weeks now. The withdrawal shakes should subside soon. However, by Thanksgiving it's all you will be able to think about.
I need to find some of these home-made Dole Whip recipes online and give them a try. Anyone have a particular favorite?

Quote:
Delaware: So Close to Where You'd Rather Be.
Hey! That's my line!

Quote:
(Note:I'm not really stealing your quote if I post it back to your TR. I think. I'll have to consult with my legal team.)
I checked with my legal team, and they said it's funnier when you say it. My legal team is a bunch of jerks.

Quote:
Those are pretty sweet. I wonder if bonus points will be given to anyone that assisted him with the keystroke combination to achieve them.
True confession time. I asked FreezinRafiki specifically how to make the © and ® symbols just so I could use them in my TR. And I already mentioned the Photoshopping work he did for me. Before he starts claiming to have co-written this TR, I'd better award a bonus point for all this help!

+1

Quote:
If you're getting rid of it, I call dibs.
Julie says the bikini cow ornament stays. I believe the direct quote was, "You don't mess with the cow."

I was trying to bait her into registering and commenting on the TR here. Maybe I'll have to try harder, since I thought that comment would do it.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #245
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara98629 View Post
Bible!!! Many verses but, Is 54:4 is one of my favorites
Oh boy. You guys are going to new lengths in the never-ending quest for points here. I'm not sure how to score this one. I'm always impressed by people who know their Scriptures, but it's also not a movie quote and seems outside the rules of the game. Then again, there are no rules, per se.

Perhaps I'm overthinking this just a tad. How about a bonus point with an asterisk!

+1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
She must be my long-lost twin......

Ok, you had me with this shot......but then OH MY WORD!!!!......THIS!!....

DED. My home resort....Where I would live if they let me. GOR.GEOUS.
My wife is wonderful (Hi honey! in case you're reading this), so as her long-lost twin you must be fairly wonderful yourself. Just don't give me any crap about not taking out the trash. I'll take care of it when I get home.

for the kind words about the pictures!

DED...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I just wanted to jump in and say that I am very jealous of the quality of your pics, those are AWESOME We just have a basic digital camera and I was pretty disappointed in our vacation pics this time around

I am too slow to get any quotes (not that I would have besides the Toy Story ones )

We've tried for years to get good night-time shots! And like I said, Julie has a very good eye. I'm proud of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious
... In this case, my wife fell in love with an ornament featuring the 3-eyed Green Alien Guy (GAG) from Toy Story. She has an unhealthy love for this creature, dating back to the first Toy Story movie. A single mention of "the Claw" will send her into hysterics. In fact, I think when she saw the ornament, she said, "Ooooooooo...."

She must be my long-lost twin......

We have to be triplets.

The claw is our master. the claw decides who will stay and who will go

You saved our lives, we are eternally greatful

Great pics!

My wife apparently has lots of clones running around. Sort of like the green alien guys. Begun the Clone War has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I'm a big fan of "Cruel Parenting"- I have 5 of the most wonderful, exceptional children (some grown) alive- Yes, after appyiing many methods ranging from bribery to attitude adjustments made on their pink little rear ends, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Your photos rock. Mine stink compared to yours, and after a while, I just plain gave up on night shots.

Resort specific merch. Those days are gone, my friend. Sad.
That's a great summary of parenting. Whatever it takes! I'm always proud when someone compliments our kids. They're sweet, wonderful children who consistently have their meltdowns in private.

I did see some resort-specific merchandise, but only in the deluxe resorts. Nothing doing for us moderate people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
WOW what amazing night shots!!! So awesome!!! I love the picture of POR!! My favorite resort! I love it there!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Love the photos and I am too tired to compete with the previous clever comments.

You must be referring to the other readers. They're much more clever than I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiz View Post
I put my youngest in a dress yesterday that we bought at the Polynesian on our first trip with my oldest. It's a cute little Hawaiian dress with Mickey and Minnie on it and it has signs all over it that say Disney's Polynesian Resort.

Awww, how I miss the days of cute resort specifics.

And yes, I am the princess of hand-me-downs. I saved all of my oldest's nice clothes in the hopes that someday we would have another child and the hopes that said child would be a girl. It took 7 years, but we did it!

I still love my Wilderness Lodge t-shirt. And nice job with the hand-me-downs and genetic engineering!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #246
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

My wife is wonderful (Hi honey! in case you're reading this), so as her long-lost twin you must be fairly wonderful yourself. Just don't give me any crap about not taking out the trash. I'll take care of it when I get home.

for the kind words about the pictures!

DED...?

As in "OMG that was so great it nearly killed me!!"

I dunno what it actually stands for, if anything, but I did pick it up somewhere here on the Boards.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #247
Rental01
DIS Dad’s Club Member #366

I have the same camera (Xsi/450D). Are you using the remote shutter release? It helps a lot with long exposures. Here are a couple shots using a tripod and the remote shutter release:

This one was taken in near pitch black with a 45 second exposure. (The logo shows it was taken when I was still deciding on a name and building a portfolio)

Expect many, MANY more when I do my TR after our trip in Nov.
Home School Dis Dad's Alliance

Old 10-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #248
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
True confession time. I asked FreezinRafiki specifically how to make the © and ® symbols just so I could use them in my TR. And I already mentioned the Photoshopping work he did for me. Before he starts claiming to have co-written this TR, I'd better award a bonus point for all this help!

+1
Co-written? Give me a few days to get back into the swing of things and I'll be claiming that I was on the trip.

Quote:
Julie says the bikini cow ornament stays. I believe the direct quote was, "You don't mess with the cow."
Drat. Well, at least I have a Key Lime Pie of Awesomeness with my name on it. So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Quote:
I was trying to bait her into registering and commenting on the TR here. Maybe I'll have to try harder, since I thought that comment would do it.
I don't recall the exact quote that I put in my TR to get my wife to join and start commenting. I'm pretty sure it was one of the times I was wrong about something. It's getting hard to tell them all apart, however - they just seem to blend all into each other.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #249
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
As in "OMG that was so great it nearly killed me!!"

I dunno what it actually stands for, if anything, but I did pick it up somewhere here on the Boards.
Huh. You learn something new everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rental01 View Post
I have the same camera (Xsi/450D). Are you using the remote shutter release? It helps a lot with long exposures. Here are a couple shots using a tripod and the remote shutter release:

This one was taken in near pitch black with a 45 second exposure. (The logo shows it was taken when I was still deciding on a name and building a portfolio)

Expect many, MANY more when I do my TR after our trip in Nov.
Great shots Ian! We did not use the remote shutter release--just did it manually with the tripod holding it steady. I think for these shots we actually used the automatic settings for exposure, f-stop, etc. We're still learning how to play with the thing.

I will look forward to seeing your shots in November!

Quote:
Co-written? Give me a few days to get back into the swing of things and I'll be claiming that I was on the trip.

Drat. Well, at least I have a Key Lime Pie of Awesomeness with my name on it. So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

I don't recall the exact quote that I put in my TR to get my wife to join and start commenting. I'm pretty sure it was one of the times I was wrong about something. It's getting hard to tell them all apart, however - they just seem to blend all into each other.
Now I know for a fact that you weren't there. If you were, we'd have given you Scotty to keep occupied while we went on all of the rides!

I can't believe you were ever wrong in your TR. After all, it is your TR. Well, in any case, you can console yourself with some Key Lime Pie of Awesomeness ®. Oh, and are you trying to get points or give them out?
Old 10-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #250
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Current Standings After 7 Entries

Trennr 8
glennbo123 6
FreezinRafiki 5
MissLiz 3
Middlepat 2
That's Nice 2
Belle_princess 2
Melk 1
LegoMan3 1
Mom3sonstt 1
Afwdwfan 1
jedijill 1
sara98629 1*
Old 10-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #251
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Now I know for a fact that you weren't there.
Oh, You know that now. I'm talking about a few days from now, after I have masterfully infiltrated your mind, modified your memories, and photoshopped your pictures.

Quote:
I can't believe you were ever wrong in your TR. After all, it is your TR. Well, in any case, you can console yourself with some Key Lime Pie of Awesomeness ®. Oh, and are you trying to get points or give them out?
It's not just my TR. I've been told that I'm wrong all the time - TRs, regular Disboards posts, Facebook, real life...
Old 10-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #252
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Current Standings After 7 Entries

Trennr 8
glennbo123 6
FreezinRafiki 5
MissLiz 3
Middlepat 2
That's Nice 2
Belle_princess 2
Melk 1
LegoMan3 1
Mom3sonstt 1
Afwdwfan 1
jedijill 1
sara98629 1*
Hey, Look at that!! Still a big, fat, honkin' ZERO! I suck at this as much as I hate bananas.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #253
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Hey, Look at that!! Still a big, fat, honkin' ZERO! I suck at this as much as I hate bananas.
Not at all. You just suck at this as much as I suck at your "guess the letter" game.

Anyway, I see 2 unclaimed movie quotes in the various replies. I didn't bring all of them up, either.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #255
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Since you said there were still some unclaimed quotes out there and that you didn't bring all of them up - I am going to latch on to this one.

It seems like it is a Bill Murray-ism from Caddyshack

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: