Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #226
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Drat, I'm too late happening upon your update to claim the obvious quotes that jumped out at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I had bought a Canon Rebel XSi (our first digital SLR) for my wife for her birthday, as she had always had an interest in photography and wanted to jump into a more sophisticated camera than our point-and-shoot. Up to this point in the day, we'd felt that the pictures we had taken were fairly ho-hum. We'd bought a travel tripod just before our trip, and I think the nighttime pictures on this night were where we finally hit our stride with the camera. We took a few on Main St. as darkness fell:
I agree! Very nice pictures indeed!

I have the same camera.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #227
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

That is something up with which I will not put. -Churchill

Cannot (find/think of) a movie.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2010, 12:29 PM   #228
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

This update was actually fairly light on quotes, especially considering I gave away the Toy Story one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle_princess View Post
"surprise, surprise. . ." The Andy Griffith Show?

"be sure when your day is over, you go home alive. Here endeth the lesson." Untouchables

BTW, your photographs are beautiful! Maybe, I should bring a tripod the next time! Those are fantastic!
+1 for The Untouchables. I never watched Andy Griffith.

for the compliments! My wife really has a good eye for the pictures, I think. I have to arm-wrestle to have any time with the camera ("her baby", as she calls it).

We decided to get the tripod after years of blurry hand-held night-time shots. I think it was about $14 at Walmart, and it folds up to about a foot in length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update!

Your wife and you sound just like DH and me. I find what I want and usually buy it and then tell him it is my Christmas gift (I usually end up wrapping it too).

Heay, whatever works. And if Cruel Parenting 101 works, then more power to you.

And LOVE the camera work--great job.

I think my wife basically had to resort to handing me Christmas presents for me to get for her when she realized my screen name actually did describe me pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiz View Post
Great update!

It is Monday and my brain is not working, so I haven't even attempted to find any lines.

We always tell our kids that we aren't buying souvenirs until the last day. That way, we can use the "if you don't do this, you don't get that" line the entire trip.

I can't go by any of the Christmas ornaments. I'm a sucker for Christmas and I want all of them!

I need to get a tripod for my camera. I kept trying to take night pictures by holding the camera on a railing, rock, etc and it didn't work well....at all. I have to cross my eyes to make the pictures come out even the least bit clear.
You took the same class we did!

I tried the camera-on-a-railing trick for some night-time shots at DTD, and they came out blurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Drat, I'm too late happening upon your update to claim the obvious quotes that jumped out at me.

I agree! Very nice pictures indeed!

I have the same camera.

You have excellent taste in cameras. And I think there were only 2 points up for grabs in this update, and one wasn't a movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
That is something up with which I will not put. -Churchill

Cannot (find/think of) a movie.
+1

I figured I'd give credit for anyone being able to give the source of that quote.

Fear not, everyone: once we get to Epcot (a couple more updates), I'm thinking of putting in a one-time contest for some extra bonus points. Stay tuned.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #229
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
We'd bought a travel tripod just before our trip, and I think the nighttime pictures on this night were where we finally hit our stride with the camera.
I'm glad you pointed this out, Glenn. Could I have written a worse sentence? That comes straight from the Department of Redundancy Department.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #230
PennyLane1084
DIS Veteran

Beautiful Picture of the castle! That stinks that the characters are no longer at LTT. I loved their colonist outfits.
2013-DISNEYMOON! - Coronado Springs
DH - Steve Me - Kristin
Old 10-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #231
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

great pics captain!!! this december trip will be the first non liberty tree in a would say about 10 years. we are going to do tonys town squ. for a few trips. when dd was small, being dvc members, before the disney visa days,we would get a 10 per. discount over at the market place. we told her eveytime she "liked" something to remember it and the day before we leave to come home, we go over to dtd and we can get things over there. see how the budget goes. it worked, even to this day she will ask, hey dad, are we going to dtd the day before we leave again? when dd was small we would hall the camcorder, camera around also. and in the early 90s the camcaorders didnt fit in your pocket. now we just carry a small camera.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 10-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #232
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think my wife basically had to resort to handing me Christmas presents for me to get for her when she realized my screen name actually did describe me pretty well.

Smart woman!

I answered you about the t-shirt Mark was wearing on my thread.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #233
MDMagicMom
Pixie Dust all around

I am loving your hilarious trip report. My husband calls my kids yutes (is that how it's spelled?) He loves My Cousin Vinny so much he actually designed a class that he teaches around the movie. Sounds crazy but it is a course for paralegals so it actually works and then he gets to watch the movie with his class!

Can't wait to hear more!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #234
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane1084 View Post
Beautiful Picture of the castle! That stinks that the characters are no longer at LTT. I loved their colonist outfits.

Yeah, we enjoyed it as a character dinner, too. I guess they removed them due to budget cutbacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
great pics captain!!! this december trip will be the first non liberty tree in a would say about 10 years. we are going to do tonys town squ. for a few trips. when dd was small, being dvc members, before the disney visa days,we would get a 10 per. discount over at the market place. we told her eveytime she "liked" something to remember it and the day before we leave to come home, we go over to dtd and we can get things over there. see how the budget goes. it worked, even to this day she will ask, hey dad, are we going to dtd the day before we leave again? when dd was small we would hall the camcorder, camera around also. and in the early 90s the camcaorders didnt fit in your pocket. now we just carry a small camera.

We did Tony's on this trip as well. When we tell our kids to "remember" something they saw in a store for later, it's usually parental code for "NO!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMagicMom View Post
I am loving your hilarious trip report. My husband calls my kids yutes (is that how it's spelled?) He loves My Cousin Vinny so much he actually designed a class that he teaches around the movie. Sounds crazy but it is a course for paralegals so it actually works and then he gets to watch the movie with his class!

Can't wait to hear more!

Is he still taking student registrations? That sounds like my kinda class!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #235
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Sigh. Crud. Peanut Butter.

Quote:
This was only a single-shot rifle, but Dave somehow managed to make it sound like an automatic weapon as he pumped a runaway train full of lead:
Somewhere, DisneyFed is smiling and nodding.

Quote:
But we finally found something he liked--bouncing on the barrel bridge. (insert sigh of relief here)
Great! $80 for the ticket and he enjoys bouncing.

Quote:
From there, we jumped right onto Buzz Lightyear, where I beat everyone out with my high score of 153,000. (Hat tip to carrollchristoph, who told me about the 100,000 point target on the robot's wrist in the first room)
So you only got 53,000 on the rest of the ride?

Quote:
Oh, Sweet Nectar of Life. How have I gone so long without this? Best. Use. Of. A. Snack. Credit. Ever.
Welcome to the club. You've been home for a few weeks now. The withdrawal shakes should subside soon. However, by Thanksgiving it's all you will be able to think about.

Quote:
(cut us some slack, we're from Delaware. Not much happens here)
Delaware: So Close to Where You'd Rather Be.

(Note:I'm not really stealing your quote if I post it back to your TR. I think. I'll have to consult with my legal team.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I love the copyright!
Those are pretty sweet. I wonder if bonus points will be given to anyone that assisted him with the keystroke combination to achieve them.

Quote:
So we got it, of course. Maybe it can replace the dumb cow-in-a-bikini ornament she had to get a couple of years ago. You think I'm making this up, don't you?
If you're getting rid of it, I call dibs.

Great pictures in this update! I go back to "work" tomorrow, so hopefully I can stay on top of these updates and get some more points.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:12 PM   #236
sara98629
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Fear not
Bible!!! Many verses but, Is 54:4 is one of my favorites
DS Evan, almost 15

Old 10-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #237
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Quote:
... In this case, my wife fell in love with an ornament featuring the 3-eyed Green Alien Guy (GAG) from Toy Story. She has an unhealthy love for this creature, dating back to the first Toy Story movie. A single mention of "the Claw" will send her into hysterics. In fact, I think when she saw the ornament, she said, "Ooooooooo...."
She must be my long-lost twin......

Quote:

Ok, you had me with this shot......but then OH MY WORD!!!!......THIS!!....

Quote:

DED. My home resort....Where I would live if they let me. GOR.GEOUS.

Quote:
We wandered through Fulton's General Store and--surprise, surprise, found that it had exactly the same stuff as the Emporium. Count me among those who are disappointed in Disney moving away from resort-specific merchandise.
Ditto.

Another great installment! Keep 'em coming!

Old 10-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #238
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to jump in and say that I am very jealous of the quality of your pics, those are AWESOME We just have a basic digital camera and I was pretty disappointed in our vacation pics this time around

I am too slow to get any quotes (not that I would have besides the Toy Story ones )
Old 10-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #239
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious
... In this case, my wife fell in love with an ornament featuring the 3-eyed Green Alien Guy (GAG) from Toy Story. She has an unhealthy love for this creature, dating back to the first Toy Story movie. A single mention of "the Claw" will send her into hysterics. In fact, I think when she saw the ornament, she said, "Ooooooooo...."

She must be my long-lost twin......

We have to be triplets.

The claw is our master. the claw decides who will stay and who will go

You saved our lives, we are eternally greatful

Great pics!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #240
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I'm a big fan of "Cruel Parenting"- I have 5 of the most wonderful, exceptional children (some grown) alive- Yes, after appyiing many methods ranging from bribery to attitude adjustments made on their pink little rear ends, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Your photos rock. Mine stink compared to yours, and after a while, I just plain gave up on night shots.

Resort specific merch. Those days are gone, my friend. Sad.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: