Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
Stacied68
Mouseketeer

Dinner Shows

Which Dinner show is the best? I have not been to any of them. We are going March 2011. It will be my husband and myself and our two teenage daughters.

Thanks
Stacie
Stacied68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
addiln
DIS Veteran

we went to the spirt of aloha and did not really like it at all. i heard that the hddr is really good and will be going there next year
addiln is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
DISNEY1975
DIS Veteran

Ive been to all 3 and likes all of them.

SoA - Great food, nice entertainment. The "hula girls" do a little show..it was OK, but when the guys come out and dance, then the fire show at the end, it is fantastic! My teen boys did not complain (thats all youll get from them..complaining or nothing!)

MBBQ - I loved this place, and so did my boys when they were younger. I wouldnt suggest it for teenagers unless they like country music and line dancing. Young kids like it, I liked it because we sat at a table with other families and I got to converse with people other then my family for the first time in many days..it was nice. I also got a kick out of watching some people "try" to learn the dances! House band was really good too. My teen boys would have shot me if we went there on our last trip..but they did LOVE it 10 years ago!

HDDR - Show was super tacky. I love comedy, but this was (IMO) borderline stupid! My husband loved it, so it really all depends on your sense of humor. My teens didnt complain here either, but I think they liked the food more than the show. I am not a fan of food with bones, so I didnt eat too much when I was there (I also dont like strawberries, so dessert was out of me too!)

With all that said..I am going with DD6 and DH this next trip and we booked all 3 shows! The parks are closing early (MK due to all the MNSSHPs) most nights we are there, so I thought some nightly entertainment would be nice. I am guessing her favorite will be the BBQ. She loves to dance!

Polynesian - 1975 / Contemporary - 1977 / Grosvenor - 1978 / Vistana - 1980 / Polynesian - 1982 / Hilton WDW - 1984 / Buena Vista Palace - 1985 / Contemporary - 1987 / Intl Dr - 1989 / Yacht Club - 1991 / Polynesian - 1993 / Boardwalk - 1995 / Wilderness Lodge - 1998 / Carribean - 1999 / Intl Dr - 2001 / Yacht Club - 2003 / Boardwalk - 2005 / Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006 / Contemporary - 2008 / Polynesian - 2010 / Port Orleans FQ - 2011
DISNEY1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:18 AM   #4
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

HDDR is the only one worth it for us. Good food and silly fun.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:28 AM   #5
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

I've done SoA and HDDR.

SoA is awful IMO. The food is alright I guess but the show is pretty boring with the exception of a couple of brief moments. Not really worth the time or the money.

HDDR is great. The food is good and the show is very entertaining. When it comes to the show, there are people who "don't get it" and usually come out of HDDR disappointed. If you understand going into it that it is supposed to be overacted and cheeky, you'll have a great time.
OhThePain is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: