Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #121
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Wow you get on the road early! Very impressive. Your dad's post nap comments had me Sounds like something my dad would do.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #122
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Lilian does a lot better than my girls on car trips. It takes 3 hours to get to Disney and they are restless after an hour and a half.
Yay for hardly any traffic.
Love me some Cracker Barrel.
Lilian did amazingly well! We knew she typically travels well, but we were really impressed with how well she did. Cracker Barrel is normally a win-win with my family. There is enough on the menu for all of us to get something that sounds good.
September 2010 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #123
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Yay, another update! Lillian is just too cute and has the prettiest smile. I like the pic of her and your dad sleeping in the back seat. I understand what you mean about your dad and going on and on about the same thing...my mother is the same way at times and you just havfe to tune them out after awhile.

You did great with Atlanta; we always left around 3 a.m. from Atlanta just to miss the traffic.

I sent you a PM...I started my TR if you want to join.
Thanks Kathy. Oh I tune my Dad out as needed. We were thrilled with our luck through Atlanta. I got it and replied back.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #124
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
fun update! love the acorn's...we think, as parents, we are going to keep them busy and surprise us with their own curiosity. My mom does like your dad and harp on the same topic over and over...mmmmm....Cracker Barrel, haven't had that in a while may be time for a visit soon... Ashton and Dayne have always enjoyed their breakfast anytime of the day....
She loves collecting things! We love stopping at Cracker Barrel. My Dad situation was hardly the worse thing that has ever happened but we just got annoyed because he could not let it go enough to enjoy his vacation.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #125
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwilliams9 View Post
Woo Hoo! 2 updates today! Sounds like the drive down was uneventful and fun all at the same time!

I love the picture of Lilian sleeping is hilarious! It's funny how kids can sleep anyway and anywhere! I would have a wicked neck ache if I had slept like that!

Can't wait for more!
No kidding--I could not imagine sleeping like that. She only slept for about 45 minutes, but it would still have given a horrible ache.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #126
Rozz
DIS Veteran

I am thoroughly enjoying your trip report! I am subscribing so I can keep up with the latest entries.

Can you adopt me? I'm older than you, but what the heck! Treat bags! I want the treat bags!

About the rest stop and the acorn collection, my kids did the same thing! Acorns, rocks, fall leaves; they would often leave the goody bag and high tech entertainment stuff to check out nature. You'd think they never played outside in their life!

Keep it coming!

Caribbean Beach Wilderness Lodge WDW Swan WDW Dolphin Regal Sun Carribean Beach POP Century
Old 10-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #127
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
Hi Steph. I cant believe I never subbed to the report. I missed all the updates so far except the first. I am here now. I loved the report so far. I am feeling the suspense as you are getting so close to disney. I cant wait to hear more. by the way I was at your dad and his comments. Too funny.
Hey Lindsay! I have not gotten very far on my TR yet so you're fine!! I have so much going on right now that this it is going to be slow paced right now.

My Dad is good for some laughs some of the time.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #128
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

You are so brave. I could not do the amount of driving you are. My kids have always been pretty good with car rides but I just cant imagine we would all come out alive after we had all been in the car for a couple of days.

Seriously though, I am very impressed with the treat bags. How awesome of a mom are you!

Can't wait to continue reading along!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #129
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

I'm here and will try to get caught up on your TR. Just taking it easy today but can't wait to read all about it!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #130
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I now have a craving for some Cracker Barrel. Thanks, Steph!

My sister sounds a lot like your dad. She has some issues with our SIL and she tends to go on and on about it. It gets really old and I wish she would just shut up about it sometimes so I completely understand where you're coming from!

I like all the pictures you took of the different skylines. I'm used to two skylines: NYC and Philly since I live close to both. I have no idea what some other cities look like lol.

Almost to Disney!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #131
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Joining in! We went with four adults and six kids in 2007-- never again! I can't wait to read the adventures with your family! Hope the drama wasn't too bad!

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report
Old 10-03-2010, 01:48 PM   #132
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Great update Stephanie! I like hearing about the drive to Florida when people take road trips, we hope to do that someday! Lilian is doing awesome on the ride!! Love the pics of her and your dad sleeping!! It seems like you timed the drive just perfectly!! I am glad there weren't any traffic issues for you guys!! Looking forward to more!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #133
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum View Post
I'm tired already reading about your long road trips days & getting up so early
I'm not sure how to comment on this response. Getting to Disney is part of our trip, so I've included it.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #134
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Hi Stephanie! Great report so far. Sorry you had drama...I had it too this trip.

I love your pictures. Lilian looks so excited each time she reaches into her treat bags. Very cute!

I got Lilian's card today. So cute!

Looking forward to reading more..
Thanks Sophia. I'm glad the card made it to you.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #135
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookersmom View Post
I've been lurking and thought I'd say hello. So... hello! My family drives everywhere because my husband is autistic and does poorly in airports. I think we've hit half the Cracker Barrels between home (Denver area) and Orlando. Hee.
to my TR. I'm glad to have you say hello. We love Cracker Barrel when we travel and look for them during road trips. We have driven to Colorado, North Carolina three times and countless trips to Illinois and Indiana. I'm glad you have figured out a way to travel that works well for you and your family.
September 2010 PTR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: