Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #91
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Whoa! Stephanie
I decided after seeing your FB post to try and find your PTR to see if you started and you are already on page 6....going back to catch up!
Connie
You haven't missed much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
All caught up! wonderful start... you have me thinking you had the stress of family triple fold that I had so sorry to hear you cancelled your cruise but it will come and how exciting to be going in the fall! how much fun will that be!?! and sounds like moving will be a hard option for two little girls and two dissers; but, just think of all the road trips you guys will have to look forward to!

take you time posting I'm in for the long haul (and who knows maybe I won't fall so far behind like I did on all the other threads I was following)...

Connie
I'm not going to lie--it was stressful! We had a feeling it would be going into the trip.

We are fine about the cruise--it would be nice but not necessary at this point. We will go on one eventually. The fall trip will be so much fun!! I hope it works out. Financially it is fine but it will depend on my doctoral program.

Moving will definitely be hard on the whole family. We are approaching it as if I get into one program, that is where we go. If I get accepted into multiple programs, than it becomes a family decision where we weigh all of our options.

I know what you mean--I am so far behind on other threads. I hope to get caught up this weekend, but I don't know if that will be possible since I am so far behind on so many threads.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #92
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update. You guys did really good on your first travel day. I love the pictures of Lily opening her surprise gifts.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #93
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
I was wondering about the cruise. I am sorry you had to cancel It is hard to be an adult sometimes...I think you reasoning is great and I wonder if there are any good Doctoral programs in Az? Yay for the potential DVC buy in the future. Maybe you could look into renting points for Oct? My Hubby has agreed to the fall trip so I am putting up my ticker-HURRAY. All our little and bigger girls are going to have a blast together-and chase Nikki's boys all over I also started my Sep TR-link is in my siggy if you get a chance to check it out.
Really it is fine--it was a little shocking I brought it up but when I really starting adding the cost of everything that could happen next year, it was a bit shocking. There is a program at University of Arizona.

Yay!! I am glad your DH has agreed to the trip. Mine is apprehensive to say the least--not about the money or timing--more of the amount of people we are looking at seeing. I reassured it would not be a trip like this last one though. We would all have our own separate plans too.

Thanks for the pointing out the new TR. I hope to catch up on it this weekend, I did subscribe to it though.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #94
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Hi! Can't wait to hear all about your trip and see lots of pics! I love the picture in front of the castle.......sweaty and all...... it's nice!
Hiya Pam! to my TR. I am glad to have you here. Thanks! I like the picture too despite being all sweaty and gross.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #95
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Ah, the hard decisions. Wouldn't it be nice to always be able to say yes to trips? Good for you for knowing what is best for you...even if it is hard.

I too am almost 100% sure I am turning down a trip. Now, that may change as we get closer to the date, but...for now I am just saying no. Dh is going to Florida in March. I would love to say yes, but having just been there and the fact dd is getting married in May...I think it is for the best that I say no. It is hard though. There is a part of me that screams "go, have fun" but then there is the part that is hitting me on the head saying "be responsible, you know what you have on your plate, take care of that first." I think that until the part of my using violence to make a point stops with the violence...I won't be going on any trips anytime soon. (well, at least any big trips)
I wish, and I almost did say yes, but then I started thinking a little too much. Seriously, it is fine. We will be looking forward to our October trip.

Hopefully you will make it back sooner than you think!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #96
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
I'm so glad you've started your TR!

I had a feeling when I read your trip title, that the "Never Again" part was a reference to never traveling with such a large group again (or so many family members...?)

Love the picture of the three of y'all in front of the castle at the end of your first day!
Michelle to my TR! (I don't think I have welcomed you yet.)

I have not revealed the never again, other than it does not apply to Disney and we would be open to driving again at some point.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #97
featherface
Mouseketeer

just finished your PT while ago and cant wait to hear all about it.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #98
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Hi Steph! I'm sorry you had to cancel the cruise and the trip to Disney but I am super excited that you will be joining us in October. Like Mary said it sucks to be an adult sometimes. You are doing the right thing. Last year was super tough for us but right around the corner was some amazing times. The girls will be so happy to play with Emily, Lilian, Eva, Avery, and Cayley again. Less than a year to go!!!

I'm happy to hear that you are considering DVC down the road. If you have the same experience that we have had, you won't be disappointed.
Hey Leanne. Your head would be spinning if you went through everything were discussing and pricing out. The cruise was first, but then we decided to switch it to a trip to Disney instead, we were debating between 4 nights or 7 nights between three resorts. Right when we had made a tentative decision, I threw the curb ball.

October trip, we have had it booked now for quite awhile, shortly after they extended the free dining out. I think it will be so much fun! DH is a little apprehensive because of this last trip going down with other people. I am trying to reassure him this upcoming trip would be nothing like our last trip. I can only imagine how the girls would love to be a Disney together. Lilian wanted Emily and Ms. Wendy to come so much with this last trip I can just picture how hyper they all would be together.

We really think the DVC would be worth it for our family. I know it is not for everyone, but it seems like it would be a good fit for us.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #99
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Its so hard being a grown up, isn't it?! But at least you have a fall trip to look forward too, right? I don't mind waiting, as long as I know I have something coming up!
Sometimes Rebecca! We are fine with the decision so it will all work how it is suppose to in the long run. We are firm believers in that. We do have a trip to look forward to--this time next year we will be at Disney!! It is really cool because we will be there for the 40th anniversary of MK's opening.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #100
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

I'm in.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #101
Disneywedding2010
DIS Veteran

I'm subbing

Your daughter is beautiful
Old 10-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #102
Overexcited
DIS Veteran

I am joining in!
2010 POP plus multiple childhood trips

2013 CBR
2015 ???? Where to stay next?
Old 10-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #103
kmrein
Mouseketeer

Hi, I'm looking forward to reading more - I appreciate an honest TR.

Your daughter is such a cutie, by the way!

1989-first trip (off-site); 1997/2011-Port Orleans FQ
2004/05/07/08/10-Fort Wilderness Campground
2010-Polynesian Resort

2012-Disneyland (Grand Californian/Paradise Pier)

"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme..."
Old 10-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #104
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update. You guys did really good on your first travel day. I love the pictures of Lily opening her surprise gifts.
Thanks Kathy
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #105
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherface View Post
just finished your PT while ago and cant wait to hear all about it.
to my TR! I am glad to have you here. It was very kind of you to read my PTR!! I know it got to be quite long.
September 2010 PTR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: