Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #151
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711 View Post
She's adorable!

I remember when my family used to drive to Disney and I thought we had a long drive. I could never do that.

Subbed!
Kim to my TR. Where did you drive from growing up?
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #152
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum View Post
Oh I'm sorry After re-reading that it didn't come out the way I intended. Let me try again!

I am thoroughly enjoying reading about your trip. It is a long drive for you & your ability to get up & moving is commendable We don't have as far to drive as you but only 1 state down it is still a loooong way down to Orlando. So reading about your driving it recalls to my memory how tiring (yet rewarding) that drive can be, that's what I meant & I do apologize my first post came off otherwise

Your dad's comments about how you should almost be to such & such a city had me laughing out loud ANd the goody bags for your daughter was a great way to break up the trip for her. I am looking forward to hearing more
Sorry for needing the clarification, I just could not really grasp what you where getting at in the previous post. It could be just me at the time I was reading it.

Hope you will be willing to stick around for the long haul.
September 2010 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #153
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Yay, you made it!!!!

I think if Joe wanted to stop 15 minutes before we hit Disney I would have pitched him in the back seat and told him to hold on so that I could drive like the wind and get us there first. I probably would have told him that he could go to the CS place at the resort while I checked in. Yup, I would have been thinking of only myself by that time.
Thanks Sophia for making me laugh. I'm glad I am not the only one who admits that they wanted to get to Disney NOW.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #154
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

yay you finally made it. I was seriously cracking up picturing your MIL freaking out about the snakes. I was laughing even harder because I would probably be the same way. I live in the city where we never see snakes. So that would have been a culture shock for me.

Dont feel bad about being a B**** I threw a temper tantrum or two on our trip too. Everyone gets over it.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #155
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Sorry for needing the clarification, I just could not really grasp what you where getting at in the previous post. It could be just me at the time I was reading it.

Hope you will be willing to stick around for the long haul.
Thank-you and thanks for letting me clarify I'm glad to have it cleared up, I just learned the love of reading trip reports & I am looking forward to reading more!

My cousin always liked the road trip part of our family trips I like family time too but that long in a car is more family time than necessary in my book I just want to get there!

Last time we drove (1,000 miles for us) we tried getting book "cassettes" from the library thinking a good mystery would keep it interesting but we found it made us drowsy instead

You did good going along with the family wanting to stop for food & I'm sure it was cheaper than Pepper's Market but that would've been a test of patience for me too

POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836
Old 10-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #156
lexmas
DIS Veteran

All caught up! That sounds like a LONG drive, but it sounds like you handled it well. I would probably have been the one freaking out about snakes, but I know nothing about snakes! I read here on the dis that people have found them in their hotel rooms and I tried to convince DH not to stay on the ground floor (it didn't work. DH is in no way afraid of snakes.)

I completely understand not wanting to stop so close to Disney. Really, it's great that you let them stop and eat. I am not sure I would have been so kind!

I almost cried when I saw pictures of the hotel. SO wonderful to be there! I can't imagine what it felt like driving through the gates!!!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
Old 10-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #157
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Yay, you're there! CSR looks absolutely beautiful. I love the colors!

I would've reacted the same way you did if we were that close to Disney and someone wanted to stop. No worries!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 10-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #158
Daisy_74
Earning My Ears

I'm late but I'm in
Old 10-03-2010, 10:46 PM   #159
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

YAY, you made it!

I have to agree with many others that I would have had the exact same response to stopping 15min before WDW to eat.

DMIL was funny about the snakes, while snakes freak me out a little I'm very laid back and would have laughed thinking she was kidding.

Can't wait to hear about CSR, we stayed there once around 12yrs ago.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #160
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Whooo hooo, you made it! I had to LOL about the snakes. *** for the need for food 15 min before Disney, I'm with Sophia, I would have tossed him in the back with an uncrustable and said, "take outta tide you over till we get there" You get big kudos from me!! Great pics of the sign and CSR
Old 10-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #161
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
yay you finally made it. I was seriously cracking up picturing your MIL freaking out about the snakes. I was laughing even harder because I would probably be the same way. I live in the city where we never see snakes. So that would have been a culture shock for me.

Dont feel bad about being a B**** I threw a temper tantrum or two on our trip too. Everyone gets over it.
Thanks Lindsay! Glad I could make you laugh.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #162
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum View Post
You did good going along with the family wanting to stop for food & I'm sure it was cheaper than Pepper's Market but that would've been a test of patience for me too
I was not too fond of stopping but it worked out fine.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #163
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmas View Post
All caught up! That sounds like a LONG drive, but it sounds like you handled it well. I would probably have been the one freaking out about snakes, but I know nothing about snakes! I read here on the dis that people have found them in their hotel rooms and I tried to convince DH not to stay on the ground floor (it didn't work. DH is in no way afraid of snakes.)

I completely understand not wanting to stop so close to Disney. Really, it's great that you let them stop and eat. I am not sure I would have been so kind!

I almost cried when I saw pictures of the hotel. SO wonderful to be there! I can't imagine what it felt like driving through the gates!!!
It was a long drive, but doable. I am not saying I really have any real desire to do it again on our upcoming trip though.

I got goosebumps when we finally arrived!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-04-2010, 10:37 AM   #164
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Yay, you're there! CSR looks absolutely beautiful. I love the colors!

I would've reacted the same way you did if we were that close to Disney and someone wanted to stop. No worries!
It was a great resort Jenny. Thanks for being kind about my drama moment.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #165
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy_74 View Post
I'm late but I'm in
to my TR! You are not late, so don't worry about it. It will be slow moving TR because I have so much going on at the moment that I do not have as much time to DIS as I would like.
September 2010 PTR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: