Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #136
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Love the treat bag idea. Glad Ms L finally got some zzzz's It sounds like you handled the drama well. Tell ur Hubby not to worry about Oct- everyone will have their own thing going and bedisdes we are fun and crazy. And he if he wants he can tell us to get lost cause we aren't family
Thanks Mary. The treat bags were something for Lilian to look forward to on the drive. I had DH read your comment and he just laughed. Mission accomplished I think in reassuring him.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #137
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Wow you get on the road early! Very impressive. Your dad's post nap comments had me Sounds like something my dad would do.

We did manage to get going early Jenny. It made the day easier overall but early bedtimes were in order. It probably was much more funny to us because he said it exactly the same way each time. Just so sure of himself and the look on his face when we told him we already driven through the areas.
September 2010 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #138
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
I am thoroughly enjoying your trip report! I am subscribing so I can keep up with the latest entries.

Can you adopt me? I'm older than you, but what the heck! Treat bags! I want the treat bags!

About the rest stop and the acorn collection, my kids did the same thing! Acorns, rocks, fall leaves; they would often leave the goody bag and high tech entertainment stuff to check out nature. You'd think they never played outside in their life!

Keep it coming!
(in case I have not already said it) to my TR. I am glad that you are enjoying my TR. The first part I know is a little mundane but it is apart of our trip. The treat bags were fun to put together, I started right after we decided on going so about two years of collecting things for them.

Lily loves playing outside and collecting small things so I'm not surprised she wanted to spend her time playing in the dirt and collecting acorns.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #139
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
You are so brave. I could not do the amount of driving you are. My kids have always been pretty good with car rides but I just cant imagine we would all come out alive after we had all been in the car for a couple of days.

Seriously though, I am very impressed with the treat bags. How awesome of a mom are you!

Can't wait to continue reading along!
Thanks! Lilian is a great car traveler or we would never have attempted it. Thanks--the treat bags were lots of fun to do.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #140
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
I'm here and will try to get caught up on your TR. Just taking it easy today but can't wait to read all about it!
Hope to my TR! I hope you had a wonderful and amazing adventure at Disney!! I'm looking forward to reading about your trip too.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #141
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I now have a craving for some Cracker Barrel. Thanks, Steph!

My sister sounds a lot like your dad. She has some issues with our SIL and she tends to go on and on about it. It gets really old and I wish she would just shut up about it sometimes so I completely understand where you're coming from!

I like all the pictures you took of the different skylines. I'm used to two skylines: NYC and Philly since I live close to both. I have no idea what some other cities look like lol.

Almost to Disney!
Just doing my job supporting the economy Jenny! Now go get some Cracker Barrel. I'm glad you can relate to my feelings about my Dad. It just gets frustrating.

I liked taking pictures of the skylines too, just something different than normal for me. I always seem to take some pictures when we are on long car trips.
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #142
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Joining in! We went with four adults and six kids in 2007-- never again! I can't wait to read the adventures with your family! Hope the drama wasn't too bad!
to my TR! Glad to have you here. That's a lot of people too!! You would not think it would be difficult traveling with so many people but if your trip is like mine, NEVER AGAIN!
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #143
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
Great update Stephanie! I like hearing about the drive to Florida when people take road trips, we hope to do that someday! Lilian is doing awesome on the ride!! Love the pics of her and your dad sleeping!! It seems like you timed the drive just perfectly!! I am glad there weren't any traffic issues for you guys!! Looking forward to more!!!
Thanks Beth!
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #145
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La

She's adorable!

I remember when my family used to drive to Disney and I thought we had a long drive. I could never do that.

Subbed!
Old 10-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #146
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
I'm not sure how to comment on this response. Getting to Disney is part of our trip, so I've included it.
Oh I'm sorry After re-reading that it didn't come out the way I intended. Let me try again!

I am thoroughly enjoying reading about your trip. It is a long drive for you & your ability to get up & moving is commendable We don't have as far to drive as you but only 1 state down it is still a loooong way down to Orlando. So reading about your driving it recalls to my memory how tiring (yet rewarding) that drive can be, that's what I meant & I do apologize my first post came off otherwise

Your dad's comments about how you should almost be to such & such a city had me laughing out loud ANd the goody bags for your daughter was a great way to break up the trip for her. I am looking forward to hearing more

POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836

Last edited by TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum; 10-03-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #147
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Traveling to Disney: Day Three

I left you when we went to bed at Valdosta, GA. I decided to wake up early, to shower and study a bit this morning. I woke up at 5:30 (hey, it was sleeping in compared to the last two mornings ) and I was up into the shower at 5:45. I woke up Allyn about 6:15 so he could get cleaned up. After he was finished we got Lilian up to get cleaned up about 7:00. Here she is first thing this morning:

After a bit of tickling, Lilian was excited to go.

We went ahead and took out what we brought in the night before to the van before we ate (to me it would save us time). We were out to the hotel breakfast at 7:30 but I was just too excited to eat much at all. Lilian was bouncing off the walls too this morning. DH managed to eat just fine. With breakfast finished, we went to the gas station to fill up. Cost: $48

We were off on our journey to Orlando finally at 8:15. We had to make a potty stop at the Gainesville rest area, which was about 10:30. I have to say that on our way, we past the exits that lead to the University of Florida’s stadium—the traffic was backed up for miles.

Minor Drama Moment 1

Those of you would live in the South are probably use to the idea of snakes. We have snakes in Michigan, but not like you all do. They are not my favorite thing but I just know where not to walk. There is a sign posted watch for poisonous snakes. DMIL freaked! OMG, I was not sure if I should laugh or not. She would go nuts if Lilian got within an inch of the grassy area. Poor Lilian could not understand why she could not run around like she had at the other rest areas. Mind you, the areas she wanted to go were in full fledge sun, no rocks or anything else for a snake to hide under. We just shook our head and hurried along there.

We continued onto Orlando, it was not long before we started seeing the signs for Disney World.

Drama Incident 2

DH started to get shaky and wanted to stop for lunch. At this point, I could taste Disney and did not want to stop. I admit I was only thinking of myself at this point and just wanted to be at Disney. I finally gave in but I was so grumpy stopping within 15 minutes of Disney. Not my finest moment I admit and I finally shook myself out of it this funk—why was I acting like such a B-I-T-C-H?! My family needed to eat, Disney was not going anywhere. See I told you I was going to be honest—I could have easily not admitted my drama moment. We pulled off in Winter Gardens at a McDonald’s. We had:

DH: Nuggets, fries and tea
Lily: Nuggets, apples and chocolate milk
Me: Grilled Chicken Ranch Snack Wrap, a few fries from DH and tea
Total cost: $15

After filling our tummies, we were off again. It was not long before we saw this lovely sign:

And a close up of part of it:

It did not take long before we saw these next signs:

After turning into Coronado Springs Resort, we were stopped at the gate house and were told to proceed forward to El Centro.

After driving up, we saw the short term parking area so we pulled off. We were finally here!!

This part of the journey’s breakdown
Total miles today from Valdosta, GA to Coronado Springs Resort: 209 miles
Total Miles Traveled: 1326 miles
Total Money Spent on Food: $15
Total Money Spent on Gas: $48

Up Next: Checking In at Coronado Springs Resort
September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 10-04-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #148
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Yay, you made it!!!!

I think if Joe wanted to stop 15 minutes before we hit Disney I would have pitched him in the back seat and told him to hold on so that I could drive like the wind and get us there first. I probably would have told him that he could go to the CS place at the resort while I checked in. Yup, I would have been thinking of only myself by that time.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 10-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #149
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
More! More!

I love that picture of her on the bench not wanting to get back in the van! I can't wait for more!
So do I Karen! It is so completely who she is at the moment. Sometimes sweet angel, other times stubborn as heck!
September 2010 PTR

Old 10-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #150
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I can't believe your MIL was worried about Lillian finding a snake. It's not like you weren't there watching her.

Hooray...you have arrived at CSR. And, I have to tell you, if Mark said to me he was hungry and he wanted to stop 15 minutes from Disney, I would have bopped him one and told him he could wait 20 minutes and get a muffin while I checked us in. So you were entitled to "that moment."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: