Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #31
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff968 View Post
Ahh Dick, that explains the mapping software but spicy did make this post earlier and we all thought she was wrong and that was the information the OPer was looking for.
Sure, and I think that I had the first posts on this thread with both the correct distance and to questioning her accuracy. But she was clearly relying on the information that she got from Google Maps that we know now to have been incorrect.
I'm pretty sure that there were enough of us in agreement on the distance that the OP was confident that it would be too far to walk with a baby in a stroller.

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #32
MESMommy83
Mouseketeer

I'm BACK!!!

Hey all!!!! Im back!!! Sorry to cause any hype about the walking..haha...

First.. MGV was AWESOME!!! It was beautiful and the people were just GREAT!!!! We were in the MAIN building...our room was on the 2nd floor..rooms 205/206 (3 BR villa) ...our view was of the water/paddle boats and the light house and fountain. The lighthouse was LITERALLY right outside our living room window..haha.

We werent around enough to take advantage of the activities bc we were so busy with going to the parks, etc... but loved the pools and the food that we tried while there. oh.. and I used my own hairdryer..haha

We didnt walk to sea world.. but I can see where someone would say it IS doable. If we walked it.. we definitely would have driven to the front of the property to that front lot and parked our car and walked from there...it didnt look like a bad walk at all.. but we figured since we were getting into Sea World for free (Military) then it was no biggie and plus, we wanted to save our legs.

I did see the I trolley pick up.. literally right out in front of the property (the Vacation club building, I believe)....

We also had the Complimentary photo session and picture. Our pics turned out great!! Eric did ours!!!

I LOVED the indoor gym for our daughter.

I enjoyed talking with you guys and loved your help and input.

We truly had a great time on this trip.. it was our last "HOORAH" /family trip before my husband begins all his training for his deployment (his next set of training actually begins this weekend for 3 weeks).. so, we got this trip just in time. Im just sad its ok.. going to miss the DIS boards... but will definitely still lurk and chat.. but at the same time with make me sad since I wont be planning a trip to Disney for a while.
Register to remove