Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
travelloverontario
Mouseketeer

14 nights at POP, 10 day WP&M, QSDP (I need a vacation!!)

Just back from POP...although I love the hotel, 14 night is a long time to spend there. We took a day to venture over to POR where we stayed last time...and the wave of relaxation and calmness overtook me. I would do POP again for a few days, but would prefer to go back to my POR. POP room was refurbished, building 6 ground floor. It was always kept clean, it was quiet at night, except for those few parents who don't bother to tell their kids to keep quiet when walking by after 11pm. No bed bugs.

We were there for 14 nights with a 10 day Water Park and more ticket. Although we just took our time around the parks and never stressed out over anything, we still found 14 days of parking too much. There still was that part of me that said...hey, we have all these days, we have to use them...or...there's still such and such of ride/show we l didn't do...we should do it. Even on non main park days, we'd do water parks/DD/DQ. Again...the days weren't overly busy, but having 14 of them in a row didn't leave us a whole lot of down time. Even the kids were asking for a 'nothing' day. Next time I think I'd do a 2-4 day pass only, and spend extra time exploring resorts, chillin', and maybe some of the free options (campfires, etc).

We had the free Quick service dining. I would have NO problem doing this again. We never got tired of the food because there are so may choices. I did my research ahead of time to find the most recommended, best shared, healthy choices, etc. We had 112 counter services and 112 snack credits...and there was no way we could have used them all. We would get 2-3 meals per sitting, and sometimes only 1. We ended up with about 20 extra CS and about 40 snacks to use up before we left. The snacks were easy...a trip to Goofy's and to Epcot, The CS were harder...the POP let us use them for 3 dessert items per CS credit. Since bringing fresh stuff home is difficult, we chose jelly beans, Mickey heads, caramel popcorn, cookies, etc....anything that they could type in as a dessert. That added up to be 60 desserts that we brought home. My 2 teenage sons (who did not come) were in heaven!!! Would do the same dining plan again for sure!!!

Crowds were great...I went with the advice most seen here...I avoided the EMH parks...and it worked great. Friends who were with us decided to go to some EMH parks, and they noticed it much busier than days that we avoided them. The only time we hit one was when MK was open until 1AM, and we had already been there once before, so we didn't even go until after 6pm.

As for ride line ups,,,most were walk ons, some said 20 minutes, but ended up being only 10. The longest lines were Splash Mountain mid day, Toy Story Mania, and Peter Pan. We used fast passes or just came back at a later time, and lines were shorter.

Weather was awesome!!! We usually go at the end of October, and had read all about the heat and humidity, so was a little worried. No need...the first few days were humid and hot, but planning our stops alleviated any discomfort. We'd do some outside stuff, then an inside show, more outside stuff, then an a/c restaurant, etc We only had one time that we really felt uncomfortable, and that was at LMA stunt show at DHS, but we had spent too much outside just before, so we could have avoided it if we had planned that part better. A couple of bus rides were also very hot... body heat and no a/c. Some bus rides were very cold...enough that we had to put our sweaters on. Go figure!!!

Transportation was all Disney (although we rented a car for 1 day to shop). Wait times were fine, the only really long wait was after Illuminations at Epcot, when everyone was leaving at the same time. I have no complaints over the buses...would use them...and Magical Express again!!

Love bugs...for the first week they were bad, at the bus stop especially, but even at the parks. They didn't seem so bad during the second week...either we had gotten used to them or they had thinned out. These are flying bugs that cling together...mating style...and land everywhere...including your body. Apparently they don't bite, but they are very annoying. We were told they come for about 3 weeks each spring and fall.

Overall...loved it, but would not do 14 nights at the POP again...just too loud, both in decoration and in sound.

If you have any questions...ask away!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: