Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
alyssa810
It's much more fun on the boat
Must have creme brulee
 
alyssa810's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Stoughton, MA & OKW
Posts: 2,908

Premiere Pass Vent

Last night we arrived, all excited to purchase our 2 premiere passes. We got our gift cards all in line outside at the ticket booth, got our vouchers, and were told we needed to go to the pass processing center. We get into the park and head on over. After a wait in the line, we finally had our turn, had our IDs and vouchers ready. The CM taing care of us didn't seem completely sure of what she needed to do, but we were Ok with it. We had a pictures taken and got our passes, and our WDW Passholder info (oddly, she didn't give us the one for DL). It was getting late so we headed out for the night (we were still on east coast time, and it was after 8). This morning, we went to enter the park, and the passes weren't working. The CM at the gate said we needed to go back to the AP processing place and get it taken care of. Keeping in mind that we got over to the GC in time to drop off our bags and take advantage of the morning magic hours, we decided we'd hit a ride first and then head over. We got to the processing place and the same woman who took care of us last night "took care" of us again. Basically, we got the "your passes are fine on the computer here so something must have been wrong at the gate" and that was that. We had also eaten lunch and the passes weren't showing as valid on the computer at the restaurant. We explained this to the CM, and the lead that had come over and again, they basically just said everything's fine, don't worry about it, at stores and restaurants, just tell them to do a "lead override" and you'll be fine. Doesn't that seem like a PITA to have to do over and over again? IMO, heck yeah! Since we had already spent a good chunk of time trying to get the passes in the first place, we decided we'd just continue to try our luck. We decided we'd see if we could get fast passes with the tickets and guess what? WE COULDN'T!
So, my irate DH and I headed back to the processing center AGAIN, also wasting vacation time to try to get things straightened out. The final resolution: there are glitches in the "computers" so they can't do anything about it but they're working on it. Because of that, DH decided we would just get regular APs so we wouldn't have deal with constantly calling over CMs for fastpasses, leads for discounts, and aggravation at the gate. It was ridiculous- we just spent $1400 on tickets that don't work!! We're both extremely disappointed the lack of Disney customer service that we're used to -and I hate to compare them but - at WDW. It seems like this would have never happened in WDW.
If you're "systems" or "computers" aren't able to handle these newer passes, then they shouldn't be rolled out yet. I'm really disappointed too because in his anger DH forget to get the DVC discount AND if we just end up getting regular APs at WDW we won't go to the water parks. We figured out for us that getting the premiere passes were a better value, and this totally screwed us.
And it's crazy hot here too!
__________________
annual trips since 1997! some highlights: 1st trip Feb 1985**1st onsite WL 11/2002: ENGAGED @ MK**Honeymoon @ DLP- NB 4/2004**DVC members and our OKW love affair begins 12/2004**29th b-day@DLH 8/2005**Joel's 1st trip 12/2007 CBR**back to DLP-SL 6/2010**GCV 9/2011 Happy 4th B-day Joel!***ASMu & BCV 9/2012***OKW1/2013***GCH & GCV 2/2014***OKW 8/2014 40+ trips and counting!!

8 Parks in 9 Months (part II)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439987
8 Parks in 9 Months (part III)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post37117909
alyssa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran
 
Karlzmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,385

Its not just the premier passes that cause problems. We have yet to have a trip to DL where all 3 passes work all the time. Last trip we went to CA 1st, no problem...crossed to DL and BAM! DH has to stand outside waiting for some lead to stroll over, take his pass and stroll back to "fix" whatever went invalid in the 200 feet from CA... while we are waiting on the inside...my bestfriend had the same problem, got an overide..then went and stood in line for a WOC fastpass, only to discover that her pass wouldn't read as "she wasn't in the park"....enter an 1+ wait for it to get "fixed"...then BAM! problem at DL....such a waste of time! Not even offered a fast pass for the trouble.
__________________
= ME, 42= DH, 68 = DS, 8
POLY 2006 & 2008 YACHT CLUB 2008 & 2009
BWI 2011 OKW 2011WL 2011
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
alyssa810
It's much more fun on the boat
Must have creme brulee
 
alyssa810's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Stoughton, MA & OKW
Posts: 2,908

That's what I couldn't get- we're buying THE MOST EXPENSIVE passes they offer, and not only don't they work, they were like "sorry, can't do anything for you" not that I was looking for something except for passes that worked!
__________________
annual trips since 1997! some highlights: 1st trip Feb 1985**1st onsite WL 11/2002: ENGAGED @ MK**Honeymoon @ DLP- NB 4/2004**DVC members and our OKW love affair begins 12/2004**29th b-day@DLH 8/2005**Joel's 1st trip 12/2007 CBR**back to DLP-SL 6/2010**GCV 9/2011 Happy 4th B-day Joel!***ASMu & BCV 9/2012***OKW1/2013***GCH & GCV 2/2014***OKW 8/2014 40+ trips and counting!!

8 Parks in 9 Months (part II)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439987
8 Parks in 9 Months (part III)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post37117909
alyssa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 44,377

This sort of thing happened with my Deluxe pass.

After having a near tantrum and feeling the same things that you're feeling, i realized...they ARE telling you what you can do. They can do an override. YOu can go to City Hall and get a FP ticket. That should be in quotes, a "fast pass ticket", which is a ticket that you use for the day in that park to get FPs. I balked at "wasting" my time doing that, and paid the price for it. It would have been utter simplicity to just do it.

The other fix is to just "hop" to the other park. That's what we were going to do later anyway, so that's the fix I chose...and it worked. Every time my Deluxe pass didn't get fully into the system (I would see my picture up on the screen, I got the happy whistle when it was scanned, but it just didn't "take") for one park, it was fine at the next.

I'm sure if you've peeked at the disney websites, you know that technology, when it comes to computer systems, isn't their forte. So they have little fixes...they want us to have the same email address for all Disney-based accounts, and they want us to get a "fast pass ticket" or an override, or just hop to the other park, to get us fully scanned in when it mysteriously doesn't take. Those are their fixed, their workarounds. And when my AP didn't "take" that day, I also knew that they were going to have to either type in my AP number OR just hit the "DVC" button or sometimes the "cast member" button on the register at the food places, to get my proper discount...
__________________

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
Michael-DVC
DVC Home: Saratoga Springs & Kidani Village
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 144

I would suggest you ask the Cast Member to issue each of you new passes and have them return the current ones. I would ask the Cast Member at the processing center to have someone walk to the entrance with your passes and have them check the validitity of the passes. You will continue to have these issues with these passes including at World unless they are replaced.
Michael-DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:14 PM   #6
blyday
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 48

Reading this has me concerned about our upcoming trip. We are planning on purchasing the Premier passes this November. Here is my question, would I be better off getting the Premium pass and then upgrading to the Premier when we arrive at WDW next May or should we just go ahead and get the Premier this trip and chance that it will work correctly?? I know that we can upgrade the DLR pass when we get to WDW and it will have the same expiration date as the Premium......just wondering what you all think would be the best way to go.

I know from experience that having a ticket that doesn't scan is a pain as I had that happen during our last trip where it wouldn't scan. Oh and just FYI......if you have tickets that don't work......you can get one of those "Tickets for FPs" at any of the FP machines......just ask the CM!!!
blyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #7
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran
 
mrsxsparrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Magic Kingdom's backyard
Posts: 877

Quote:
Originally Posted by blyday View Post
Reading this has me concerned about our upcoming trip. We are planning on purchasing the Premier passes this November. Here is my question, would I be better off getting the Premium pass and then upgrading to the Premier when we arrive at WDW next May or should we just go ahead and get the Premier this trip and chance that it will work correctly?? I know that we can upgrade the DLR pass when we get to WDW and it will have the same expiration date as the Premium......just wondering what you all think would be the best way to go.

I know from experience that having a ticket that doesn't scan is a pain as I had that happen during our last trip where it wouldn't scan. Oh and just FYI......if you have tickets that don't work......you can get one of those "Tickets for FPs" at any of the FP machines......just ask the CM!!!
My whole family got Premier passes at DL (well, DCA) and have never had a problem. There are four of us and two of our friends also have passes, with no problems.

While I am aware the the OP had an issue that would have been a terrible experience, I just wanted to put it out there that this is NOT the norm.

Also, OP, if you had issues with it scanning at the gate, that could very well be why you also had issues getting a fastpass and the discount while eating. If the pass hasn't been used for admission that day, it won't come up in the system as valid when you try to use it inside the parks. I'm not saying that the problem you had was excusable by ANY means, and I do think you should've at least gotten one of those cards that allows you to get a fastpass.

I understand why this would have been a headache, and I would have been just as upset But we tend to see horror stories on the boards, not "Hey guess what, I got my premier pass and everything worked fine." But again... the six of us all got Premier passes (at different times, with different CMs) and have had no problems (but many uses!).
__________________
Completed: DL Half 9/09, 9/10, 9/11, WDW Half 1/11; Training for: Dumbo Double Dare 8/14, Wine and Dine 11/14, Superheros 5k & Avengers Half 11/14, Dopey 1/15, Castaway Cay Challenge 1/15
mrsxsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:33 PM   #8
Master Mason


Can't stand tomatoes in the larval stage
 
Master Mason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 8,504

Quote:
Originally Posted by blyday View Post
Reading this has me concerned about our upcoming trip.
I don't get this, there are how many people that have various different AP's. Not even Disney can be perfect, with that many people someone is bound to have an issue.

Just go, have a good time, and don't worry about things that are most likely never going to happen.
__________________
Gregg Chris Belle Daisy
EGO iustus volo futurus vir meus canis reputo EGO sum
Engaged in front of the Castle at DL on 4/28/10 and Honeymooned at DL in October
Master Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #9
blyday
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mason View Post
I don't get this, there are how many people that have various different AP's. Not even Disney can be perfect, with that many people someone is bound to have an issue.

Just go, have a good time, and don't worry about things that are most likely never going to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsxsparrow View Post
My whole family got Premier passes at DL (well, DCA) and have never had a problem. There are four of us and two of our friends also have passes, with no problems.

While I am aware the the OP had an issue that would have been a terrible experience, I just wanted to put it out there that this is NOT the norm.

Also, OP, if you had issues with it scanning at the gate, that could very well be why you also had issues getting a fastpass and the discount while eating. If the pass hasn't been used for admission that day, it won't come up in the system as valid when you try to use it inside the parks. I'm not saying that the problem you had was excusable by ANY means, and I do think you should've at least gotten one of those cards that allows you to get a fastpass.

I understand why this would have been a headache, and I would have been just as upset But we tend to see horror stories on the boards, not "Hey guess what, I got my premier pass and everything worked fine." But again... the six of us all got Premier passes (at different times, with different CMs) and have had no problems (but many uses!).
Thank you go both of you!!! At first I was just thinking this was one of those things but since the only other responders were ones saying that they had problems too.....I was just getting worried about it. OK.....I'll keep our plans to just get them when we are there in November!!!!
blyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:50 AM   #10
alyssa810
It's much more fun on the boat
Must have creme brulee
 
alyssa810's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Stoughton, MA & OKW
Posts: 2,908

Thanks for the additional info; for now we're just going stick with the APs. We're going to WDW in November, so we might see if we can upgrade there...I wonder if folks who bought at WDW had any problems using at DL.

I'm usually not one to post negative rants like this; we were just so frustrated with how it was handled. I do have plenty of positive things to say about how our trip is going, and I'm sure I'll have more as today is only our second full day. Right off the bat I'll mention that there's construction going on outside our room, and we can't hear a thing! We had an awesome view of WOC from our room last night! Our food has been great! And the sun is shining!
__________________
annual trips since 1997! some highlights: 1st trip Feb 1985**1st onsite WL 11/2002: ENGAGED @ MK**Honeymoon @ DLP- NB 4/2004**DVC members and our OKW love affair begins 12/2004**29th b-day@DLH 8/2005**Joel's 1st trip 12/2007 CBR**back to DLP-SL 6/2010**GCV 9/2011 Happy 4th B-day Joel!***ASMu & BCV 9/2012***OKW1/2013***GCH & GCV 2/2014***OKW 8/2014 40+ trips and counting!!

8 Parks in 9 Months (part II)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439987
8 Parks in 9 Months (part III)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post37117909
alyssa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
JH87
DIS Veteran
 
JH87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Cali
Posts: 1,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mason View Post
I don't get this, there are how many people that have various different AP's. Not even Disney can be perfect, with that many people someone is bound to have an issue.

Just go, have a good time, and don't worry about things that are most likely never going to happen.
__________________



JH87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #12
Malela9
Mouseketeer
 
Malela9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 203

First , let me say how sorry I am about your problems with the Premier Pass.
But, sadly I ( my family of 5 all have them too!) have had nothing but problems with this "Premier Pass."
We took our passes to WDW and the CM's didn't know how to give us a discount with them.
My 16 year old daughter was harassed at the parking structure because the pass has no picture and she had no i.d.(The lead infered that she had stolen the pass.) She doesn't want her pass renewed because they have given us such a hassel at the structure. (More than one time too!)
I have decided that it is not worth it to have this pass. I have had a Premium for years with no problem. I am tired of being hasseled and my kids being hasseled . I hope Disney gets their act together soon with this pass or no one is going to buy one.
Good luck!
__________________
Marla-Disneyland Addict
DH: DD 20: DS: 14 DD: 10

Malela9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #13
pycees312
DIS Veteran
 
pycees312's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Jose
Posts: 777

Good ole premier pass strikes again. There is a thread on the Disneyland board specifically about the premier pass and there are complaints in there.
Basically those who were given the passes as part of the automatic upgrade had no problems and most of those who bought in Disneyworld do not have issues. From what I can tell those having issues are those who purchased at Disneyland( i am aware some people are not having problems) I purchased when it first came out in March and still have issues..When they changed the Disneyland AP site last month now I can't log in at all. The best thing to do is for them to give you a pass for the duration of your trip.... sorry to hear this is STILL happening.
pycees312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran
 
mrsxsparrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Magic Kingdom's backyard
Posts: 877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malela9 View Post
First , let me say how sorry I am about your problems with the Premier Pass.
But, sadly I ( my family of 5 all have them too!) have had nothing but problems with this "Premier Pass."
We took our passes to WDW and the CM's didn't know how to give us a discount with them.
My 16 year old daughter was harassed at the parking structure because the pass has no picture and she had no i.d.(The lead infered that she had stolen the pass.) She doesn't want her pass renewed because they have given us such a hassel at the structure. (More than one time too!)
I have decided that it is not worth it to have this pass. I have had a Premium for years with no problem. I am tired of being hasseled and my kids being hasseled . I hope Disney gets their act together soon with this pass or no one is going to buy one.
Good luck!

I'm sorry, am I reading this wrong? Your 16 year old daughter tried to use the pass to get parking but didn't have ID... which I understand would create a problem. No offense but if a sixteen year old tried to use a pass without a picture and had no ID I'd be suspicious too. Then the same thing happened again? As in after she had a problem she again tried to use it for parking without ID? If not, what other "hassles" have you encountered?
__________________
Completed: DL Half 9/09, 9/10, 9/11, WDW Half 1/11; Training for: Dumbo Double Dare 8/14, Wine and Dine 11/14, Superheros 5k & Avengers Half 11/14, Dopey 1/15, Castaway Cay Challenge 1/15
mrsxsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:15 AM   #15
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa810 View Post
This morning, we went to enter the park, and the passes weren't working. The CM at the gate said we needed to go back to the AP processing place and get it taken care of. Keeping in mind that we got over to the GC in time to drop off our bags and take advantage of the morning magic hours, we decided we'd hit a ride first and then head over. We got to the processing place and the same woman who took care of us last night "took care" of us again.



And it's crazy hot here too!
Are you aware a AP will not let you into MM? I'm not sure how it works with your GCH room key in conjunction with your pass, or if you mentions this at the gate. But just using an AP, won't get you into DL for MM.


Yeah it was hot. I was dripping went I stood at the Greetings AP proccessing center this morning.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.