Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #46
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I just found your TR, but I am loving it so far. I am so jealous of Kenzie's hair! It is so beautiful, and both of your children are absolutely adorable.

Drew's stroller issues remind me of my older brother. My mom said that when we went to WDW for the first time, he had similar issues, and was very upset that I got to sit in the stroller, and he had to walk. I was 4 and he was 10! He used every available opportunity to get himself into the stroller!

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #47
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

Awww...look readers! I feel so bad for completely abandoning this pj, but life got in the way for a while. 2 days after my last post, this horrible kid (17 yrs old) down the road killed our beloved Chili dog. She was only 10 months old, and was our baby and our joy. My husband got her for me as a valentine's day present since I really wanted another baby and we are not able to have one. (That may be TMI) - but just to give a frame of reference for the devastation we felt over her loss.

After that, we had school, work, kids, etc., etc., and had to deal with all of the issues relating with this. It has been a nightmare. It's really upsetting to go into all of the details, but this "kid" has murdered 6 dogs in our area, along with several cats, and one $5,000 cow. He is the son of a cop - so he's been getting away with all kinds of stuff. We pressed charges and put a ton of pressure on the cops to do something about this. He was finally arrested for the murder of the cow. Thank goodness. There was a while before then that we felt like prisoners in our own house due to his harassment.

It just seemed like this was the final straw in everything that has happened to us this year. (Really long story) Needless to say, the depression coupled with our crazy schedule has kept me off of the boards. I just couldn't face all of the happy people on here for a while. Seems silly, but it's true.

A positive that happened while I was absent from here is that my hubby gave me the most wonderful birthday trip to Disney I could ever ask for. It was fantabulous - complete with dinner ressies at Le Cellier. (mmmmm....) I may just have to sneak in some pics from that trip on this tr, or write another one.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #48
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I just found your TR, but I am loving it so far. I am so jealous of Kenzie's hair! It is so beautiful, and both of your children are absolutely adorable.

Drew's stroller issues remind me of my older brother. My mom said that when we went to WDW for the first time, he had similar issues, and was very upset that I got to sit in the stroller, and he had to walk. I was 4 and he was 10! He used every available opportunity to get himself into the stroller!
Thanks for reading! I am totally jealous over my dd's hair too! (Stomps foot) I have never had good hair - ever. And we get stopped EVERY WHERE for people to talk about her hair.

Ya, the stroller thing was such and issue that when we came home, my DH gave that one away and bought a sit and stand double stroller just for Disney! Glad to know it's not just us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Your daughter is SO adorable with her pink MM ears! How cute is that!! Don't you just love those memories
Some of my favorite memories are from Disney. We're such nuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I love the haunted mansion pictures. Too bad about the sensor light, but you got some great shots.

Yes! Free ice cream.

The pictures of the past trip were so cute. I love the one with the pink ears. Your daughter has almost no hair. Just a cute, happy face with Mickey ears. Awwwww.
Ya - anything free at Disney is TOTALLY AWESOME! I love looking at our past memories. It's part of my love for that place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg@eastlink.ca View Post
love disney pixiedust moments! they are the best! in april b tripped over allan's feet as we were getting ready to leave the hat shop and head to adventure land for my dole whip- yum! he scraped his knee and starts freaking out of course. as im tending him this wonderful cm comes out of no where- saying brb dont go anywhere! comes out with not one, but 2 sprinkle covered marshmallow treats from the store for my kids! it was so wonderful! he stopped and we continued on for our last nite.

and you're lucky! the kids wont go on hm anymore! i don't think we even tried in april. but after time number two last october lorelei came out saying it was creepy and that was that.
Awww...I love Disney magic. That's so cool that a CM did that. And for some reason, my kids LOVE the HM. We go on it every time. Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey View Post
I am enjoying your trip report - your photos are great!
We spent one night at Pop last year, and also had a hard time finding it.
LOL! And thanks!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #49
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

A very long wait...

So for my 3 readers (lol) this has been a long time coming. Hope you are still around.

A long wait for this installment is not the only wait b/c we were off to the BBB! Needless to say, I think we used up all of our pixie dust that morning. This is the turning point for our entire trip. Yup, the point were everything started to go wrong and just unravel.

When I 1st made Kenzie's appt., I was offered a morning option. Not knowing much about this place, I opted for the afternoon option. My thinking was I would much rather keep my Ohana's ressie, and I knew it would be hot and we would need a break. I figure an hour or so in the AC in the middle of the day would be great. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was I wrong.

Apparently, the longer the day goes on, the more backed up they get on appts there. So I go to check us in and there are so many people crammed in there, you can't even walk in the door! Forget about a seat. I even had to wait in a line to see if I could check in. After about 15 mins, I get to the lady to check us in and she says that they are backed up and I can't even sign in for another 45 minutes!!!!

So now what? I go out and tell Dan who starts to get ticked off. He wants me to just cancel the whole thing, and yet the entire trip was centered around this since this is what Kenzie wanted for her birthday. We had also signed Drew up for what was then called the Cool Dudes package too. I thought it would be fun.

Dan asks me if I want to eat, but guess what? That Dole Whip had made my blood sugar high. That means I'm going to get sick if I eat anything else. I hadn't even had half of that thing. We decide to literally wander aimlessly through some shops for a bit. I wanted to ride the carousel, but the line was ridiculously long for that too, and I didn't want to miss signing in. We also had just little enough time to really do anything or go anywhere else. So back we go to wait outside of the castle to get in. Dan was really getting grumpy b/c not only did he work all weekend (he picks up insane amounts of weight and boxes at work) and not get a day off, he comes to Disney and has to carry around a 55 lb child all day long.

By this point though, it's hot (and nap time - again what was I thinking when I scheduled this?) and we are all getting cranky. We decide to just squeeze ourselves into the waiting area of the BBB and try to cool off and wait there. We took up so much room though! I had a backpack with all of our stuff, Kenzie's clothes, her Tiana dress, and more. I finally convince the woman to sign us in an HOUR after our appt time. UGH!

Here are some pics inside the place:

Old 01-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #50
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

By this point, Drew starts having another one of his meltdowns. And this isn't just a little one, this is turning into one of those BIG horrible ones. The kind that make me feel like I am a horrible parent, and the kind that make other parents stare at us like what is wrong with you people and why are you not taking care of your child. The most frustrating part about it when he gets like that is there isn't much you can do for him other than let him go at it. Sometimes diversion or change of situation works, but this was a big one and he wasn't going for it.

For some reason, after months and months of saying he wanted nothing more than to go to Disney, he decides he's tired and wants nothing more than to go home. WHAT?? He's so bad that he refuses to let anyone touch him and wants nothing to do with the BBB. We ask him if he wants to keep his appt and he yells no. So off I go to cancel this.

Finally, after another half hour or so of waiting, they call Kenzie back to change. She was really excited about this since I hadn't let her wear this dress at all. I wish I could have kept it a surprise, but the whole sizing issue just didn't make it happen.

Here we are changing. I've read that this is usually pretty magical in itself and that they hang the dress up for you, etc. etc. Well, we were just shoved in a room and there was nothing magical about it. I had to throw her gown on the floor and sit on the floor to help her get ready. A hanger would have been nice.

She is very, very excited to wear her dress though. Even if it is still too big!

So then we go back out to wait and wait and wait. Yup. At least another 30 mins. 30 mins of meltdown Drew is just too much.

Can you feel the love in this pic?

By this point Dan decides he's had enough and he has to get Drew out of there. I told him to either go back to the hotel and just meet me for dinner, or to go take Drew to ride some rides. After much arguing about logistics of both plans, he decides to try to stay in the MK and take Drew on Buzz - his favorite ride. That leaves me with Kenzie all by myself. Remember her meltdown over Daddy leaving to get us food? YUP! For some reason she wanted nothing to do with me and wanted everything to do with Daddy.

After more waiting and more waiting - it's like almost 2 1/2 hrs from our original appt time, Kenzie falls asleep!

I really love this picture of my sleeping princess in her castle
Old 01-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #51
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

I can't even imagine how awful it must have been losing your poor dog in a such a horrible fashion...it's terrible when people in positions of authority or family of those in positions of authority take advantage of their position in such a way...thankfully something was finally done.

And yikes 2 and a half hours past your appointment time....I can't even imagine being crammed in that tiny waiting area for that amount of time, hopefully the rest of her appointment was magical to make up for the rest of it.

Can't wait to hear more
Old 01-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #52
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Poor Kenzie was so tired, that when it finally was her turn, not only did we have to wake her up, her Daddy wasn't there. She got really upset and boo-hooed and refused to go!!!! Things just seemed to keep going worse and worse.

Well, one of the fairy godmother's had been watching this go on and she tries to come over and help get Kenzie up. When that didn't work, she told me to let her go back to sleep for a few mins and then try again. So that means they call the girl after us and we are back to waiting.

However, the same FGIT was very sweet and came back with some makeup - How did she know Kenzie is OBSESSED with make up?? That woke her up! She was VERY good with Kenzie and was able to get her in a good mood and into a chair. Finally = 3 hrs later.

Here she is taking Kenzie back.

I thought she was going to be her FGIT, but not so. We ended up with another woman, who was nice, but just didn't click with me or Kenzie. Also, I've read how they use globs of gel to hold up hair and it lasts for days upon days right? Have you seen Kenzie's crazy hair??? It take A LOT of product to tame that head. Needless to say, she did not use enough at all.

Here are our pics of the adventure:

Ah - yes! The pink hair. Kenzie's fav. color is pink. So out of all the choices of hair, what does she get? Pink of course! LOL! I knew it was coming
Old 01-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #53
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

The FGIT who did Kenzie's makeup was the really nice one, and she did a fabulous job of it. It looked super cute!

Kenzie is happy here, but not fully awake, and not her animated normal self. She did tell the ladies though that her favorite princesses were the Chimpunks - Alvin, Simon, and Theodore!! Really?

Then they gave her this shield to protect her face and she kept squishing it hard up against her face. Silly girl. You'll see her nose totally flat in a couple of pics.

It took forever for this lady to tease her hair. The girl in the chair next to us did 2 hairstyles like this in the same time it took us to do this one. And then she didn't even really spray it. We're from the south and we do pageants. Do you know what that means? We live by hairspray!! I use instant freeze styling mouse and instant freeze hairspray EVERY DAY! I asked her to put more in and she did, but it still wasn't enough.

We agreed to buy Kenzie the tiara and wand for her bday, so here she is with it on - making progress towards the final product:

I literally took 100 pics of this process, but they all look the same after a while, so I'll spare you.

I also have my PhotoPass CD with some nice pics on it FINALLY - and sadly I haven't even had time to import them on my computer.

The crown was yet another issue. I hate to complain so much, but geez! It was put on crooked and then not pinned on very well. It was too big for her head, and they just kind of left it flopping around.

Here she is getting pixie dusted:

Almost ready!

The really nice FGIT painted Kenzie's nails for free since it was her birthday. I didn't want to pay to include it b/c she bites her nails and will chew it all off in a couple of hours. But it was free (another bit of good pixie dust!)

She also made DD a birthday sash with a very special birthday button for it! I need to take a pic of it upclose, but she blinged that thing out like there was no tomorrow. She put a bunch of crystals on it in the shape of Mickey heads. I love you FGIT!

When they took off Kenzie's coverup, she thought she was done and kept asking for Daddy to come. I called him a while back and told him that he should come see her - that it was totally adorable, and he said he was on his way, but he missed it! She tried twice after that to climb out of the chair to go get him That's why it just pains me to look at the next couple of pictures - most kids get SOOOO excited when they get turned around for the big reveal. But not Kenzie. When they spun her around she almost cried b/c Daddy wasn't there. It just breaks my heart.

I do have a pic of her jumping up out of the chair and being excited that she is a princess - I just don't know where it is at the moment. So it wasn't all bad!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:22 AM   #54
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

We get up to go pay and DAN STILL isn't there. Well, crap. He has all the cash. I end up putting it on our debit card, which I really didn't want to do. Disney money was separate. Plus, with the wand and the tiara, it was like double the amount that we planned to spend. Oh WELL - that's what you get Dan for buying Drew a toy on KENZIE's birthday and not getting her one. Not that I'm bitter about it or anything.

It pained me to pay that FGIT a tip b/c the really nice one came out and put rubber band on Kenzie's skirt to help keep her from stepping on it (again very nice and thoughtful) and then she just disappeared before I could pay. So the ummmm other one got the money. I hope she shared, but I don't think she did. We walk out of the place, and Kenzie's crown falls off. UGGH! I just paid like $20 for that thing. Ok, fix crown. Realize there is not enough hairspray in the teased part of her hair and it is already falling down. I didn't even want to bother to go back in there. DAN still wasn't back, so we take some pics - (I have some cute ones that are missing from photo bucket hmmm) and then go over to get her professional pics done.

MY OVERALL OPINION of the BBB is eeehh - ok. I think if the circumstances were different, it would be great. We will probably do it again when she is older. In the meantime, I am going to save the $80 and go back to doing it myself. I am glad we had the experience. It was totally adorable. I just know that we will do it 1st thing in the morning next time!

We go to get her pics taken and no one is in there. Both photographers are having a field day talking to her. One of them is from Tallahassee where he studied music of all things. Yup! Go NOLES! That was where I went to school and studied music. So we talk for a while and wait on Dan and Drew. Anyone seeing a trend here??

They want to do all sorts of pics with her, and being my daughter, you would think she would be used to this! Seriously! I can't tell you how many times I am photographing in our studio and I have to tell her to get out of the way b/c she interrupts my sessions. But guess what? Daddy wasn't there, so she didn't want to do it.

She is really weird about being scared of guys now. She didn't want to have anything to do with them b/c they were guys. So we go out of the store to go rescue Dan and Drew who have gotten lost in fantasy land - totally bypassing us. Only the two boys can get lost in Disney. Really!

We FINALLY find them and Dan just is soooo excited over Kenzie. She did look good. SOO, SOOOO cute! and we go back to get our picture taken. We were gone for 3 minutes? Guess what?! There was a line of like 6 girls.

I knew if we didn't do it then, we would never get it done. So we waited.

I at least got these pics while we waited:

Kenzie loves that pink dress! (So do I!) And while I can sew some pillowcase dresses, that one is beyond my skill level. I am going to have to pay someone to make us one of those. It was really cute.

After that, we finally got to take some pics! They turned out really, really well. I am VERY HAPPY that I got the disk. GET IT if you ever do this! Of course, I still need to upload them, but here is a peek:

Yup, she's all smiles for Daddy!
Old 01-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #55
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

I've been reading but probably haven't commented yet (bad habit of reading while not logged in!).

I am soooo sorry about your dog - how heartbreaking! I hope that kid gets punished now because it is really sick what he's doing.

I can't believe the wait you had a t BBB - you have the patience of a saint because I would've been lsoing it. Your DD looked adorable - I love the sleeping picture.

Next up: Disneyland, Spring 2015!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
Old 01-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #56
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderelliT View Post
Awww...look readers! I feel so bad for completely abandoning this pj, but life got in the way for a while. 2 days after my last post, this horrible kid (17 yrs old) down the road killed our beloved Chili dog. She was only 10 months old, and was our baby and our joy. My husband got her for me as a valentine's day present since I really wanted another baby and we are not able to have one. (That may be TMI) - but just to give a frame of reference for the devastation we felt over her loss.

After that, we had school, work, kids, etc., etc., and had to deal with all of the issues relating with this. It has been a nightmare. It's really upsetting to go into all of the details, but this "kid" has murdered 6 dogs in our area, along with several cats, and one $5,000 cow. He is the son of a cop - so he's been getting away with all kinds of stuff. We pressed charges and put a ton of pressure on the cops to do something about this. He was finally arrested for the murder of the cow. Thank goodness. There was a while before then that we felt like prisoners in our own house due to his harassment.

It just seemed like this was the final straw in everything that has happened to us this year. (Really long story) Needless to say, the depression coupled with our crazy schedule has kept me off of the boards. I just couldn't face all of the happy people on here for a while. Seems silly, but it's true.

A positive that happened while I was absent from here is that my hubby gave me the most wonderful birthday trip to Disney I could ever ask for. It was fantabulous - complete with dinner ressies at Le Cellier. (mmmmm....) I may just have to sneak in some pics from that trip on this tr, or write another one.
Wow, you poor thing! I'm so sorry for your loss. that kid is going to be a serial killer one day if they don't watch out. I can't believe they even let him get that far, cop dad or not. Good for you guys for pushing it! I love your TR and am still reading it!

Old 01-08-2011, 12:36 AM   #57
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
I've been reading but probably haven't commented yet (bad habit of reading while not logged in!).

I am soooo sorry about your dog - how heartbreaking! I hope that kid gets punished now because it is really sick what he's doing.

I can't believe the wait you had a t BBB - you have the patience of a saint because I would've been lsoing it. Your DD looked adorable - I love the sleeping picture.
I have a super bad habit about lurking too! It sounds creepy, but a lot of times I don't have the free time to write, or I'm not logged in either. LOL.

Thanks for the hugs. It has just been a horrible ordeal. I found out the other day that he is out on bail and got in a really bad car accident. Karma?

And yes, our wait for BBB was horrible! From start to finish including our pictures, it was a little more than 4 hrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFanatic View Post
Wow, you poor thing! I'm so sorry for your loss. that kid is going to be a serial killer one day if they don't watch out. I can't believe they even let him get that far, cop dad or not. Good for you guys for pushing it! I love your TR and am still reading it!
I agree on the serial killer part. You know those shows like 48 hrs and such, I just keep thinking I'm going to be watching one of those about him in another 10 yrs.

And thanks for following along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
I can't even imagine how awful it must have been losing your poor dog in a such a horrible fashion...it's terrible when people in positions of authority or family of those in positions of authority take advantage of their position in such a way...thankfully something was finally done.

And yikes 2 and a half hours past your appointment time....I can't even imagine being crammed in that tiny waiting area for that amount of time, hopefully the rest of her appointment was magical to make up for the rest of it.

Can't wait to hear more
Thanks! For the most part, it was magical. I think you posted this while I was writing about it, and I missed it. However, things started to go wrong at this point, and went way downhill after that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: