Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #31
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

Yup. Twitch. Twitch, twitch. Twitch.

I have to remind myself that we are at Disney and that this is supposed to be fun.

Hold my breath. Count to ten and think of my happy place - the castle all lit up at night:

Okay, open eyes and open mouth responsibly. There are little kids around.

"Drew, Kenzie - you promise to be good AND to be quiet AND to wait in line nicely if we go get you a drink?"

"Yes."

"Okay then. Dan go get them a drink."

He looked stunned. But no way in hell was I going to climb over all those people again. It was his turn to get all the dirty looks.

He took forever, and we had moved up pretty far. He came back with NO backpack after all of that, and just a bottle of water.

"You didn't find the autograph book either? And where's this backpack that you insisted upon?"

"That thing is heavy. I packed a bunch of drinks in it. I don't want to carry it around."

I was so ready to kill him.

"So where's the autograph book, since YOU had it last?"

"I think I stuck it in the Ohana picture and I left all that stuff in the van."

OMG!!!

Twitch, twitch. Twitch. Twitch.

Think of my happy place:

I'm at my happy place. I can do this.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #32
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Finally, we move up where we start to see some theming:

I'm going to let the autograph book go. But really, and entire day without it? Arrrrggg!

There's like pinecones, tree branches, and some long fake grass nailed to the wall. My kids of course start trying to rip it off the wall, and it appears as though they aren't the first. At this point, I'm ready to destroy something too.

At least the line is moving quicker. A CM comes over and hands the kids a freebee. It's a kit to make a little Tinkerbell house. How cool is that? Of course Drew throws it back at him and says he doesn't want it.

I apologize and go get it and put it in my pocket. We are finally next in line to go see the fairies, and Drew drinks the last of the water and hands me the empty bottle. Well, I don't want it. What am I going to do with it? There isn't a trash can in sight. Grrr... Twitch, Twitch.

I store that in my pocket too.

Finally, The doors open and I can see Tinkerbell!!!

Rosetta comes to take the kids away.

I wish I had gotten a better picture of that! The photopass guy was in the way.

As much as I want to go run up and hug the fairies, I want to let the kids enjoy it first. (See, I HAVE to go back.)

Rosetta was really cute talking to the kids. She spent a lot of time with them. (Much better than the character meals.) She was talking to Kenzie about her birthday and how old she is:

Drew hold up his hand and proceeds to tell her that he's five. She looks at him and says, "Oh, you're a handfull huh?"

You have no idea honey! Of course Drew agrees.

Rosetta made a joke b/c Kenzie kept calling her "Fairy" and telling her that she wanted to go see "Tinkerbell". And she was like, "I see how important I am. You know Tink's name, but not mine?!"

It's funny b/c Kenzie loves the new Tinkerbell movies, and we watch them all the time. We even had seen the brand new one that had just come out too. I figured she would know her name.

Finally, it was time for Tink!

She was a riot too. She had the Tink attitude down to a science, and was picking on us b/c none of us had any Tink stuff on. (I knew it!) She wanted to know why she wasn't their favorites. And instead of Kenzie and Drew telling her that she was, or that their favorite was Tiana, Kenzie tell her that her favorites are The Chipmunks. Alvin, Simon, and Theodore.

What?

I don't remember what Tink was saying here, but she was playing with the kids and giving them a little attitude. Kenzie wasn't too sure about her.

Up next was Vidia:

The thing is, she's kind of bad. The kids weren't too sure of her either. But she was really nice, and man! She had Vidia's smirk down to a science. We loved her. She was awesome. All the fairies were really fun.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2010, 01:19 AM   #33
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

After the fairies, we spill out into the giant toy store there. I love this one. It has my little ponies and potato head parts, lots of princess stuff and more. What I don't love is trying to keep an eye on the kids in there. They go crazy!

I really want a Mickey. I only have a wedding one:

I am worse than the kids sometimes!

Kenzie really wanted a Minnie.

Here she is telling Daddy just how much she needed this Minnie for her birthday:

I would have gotten it for her too. Especially since Drew got a toy the day before and this was her birthday trip and she had gotten nothing. But - she has so many stuffed animals in her bed - Including 3 Minnies - that there is barely room for her to sleep.

Here are some pics I took in the studio before we left with some of their Disney animals:

The sad thing is that's not even all of them. Sadder, is that some of those were mine from college.

So we squish some pennies, take a potty break, and realize that it is hotter than Hates out there and it is only 11 am. We decide to get out of Toontown and stop to take a pic in front of the sign. Drew had claimed the stroller yet again, and he wasn't about to get out of it to give up his spot. So it was just Dantheman and Kenzie:

Poor Dan spent the ENTIRE trip carrying at least one child at all times. I am glad he is strong, b/c both are over 50lbs. There is no way I can carry them any length of time. At this point, his shoulders were already hurting.

We go off to the Teacups. One of my favorites. It was also the 1st ride that the kids had ever been on. I have pics of Drew at age 2 and Kenzie at 9 months on it with their Aunt Kimmie. I'll have to find them and upload a few, b/c they are so cute.

The kids fought over whether we were getting a blue or a pink teacup, and we let Kenzie pick since it was her birthday. But she was nice and picked one with a blue stripe for her bubba. Awww...

These are hysterical. Dan was working hard to get us going so fast, and Kenzie was just loving it. Drew was gripping on to me for dear life.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #34
ashleym337
Mouseketeer

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures on the tea cups... those were amazing!!! what setting was your camera on and how can i do it! LOL and i'm very much looking forward to seeing the fairy's this time... it will be our first too!

DH ME DN 17 DS 7 DD 1 DS baby

Old 10-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #35
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderelliT View Post

LOL! I'm typing in the dark too! Just got the kids to go to sleep a little while ago. They knew it wasn't a school night, so they kept getting up. I'm supposed to be up working on pics I did in the studio the other day, but the DIS is more important. You see where my priorities are right?

I've heard mixed reviews on dinner. Dan's taking me back WITHOUT KIDS for my birthday in Nov. and I am trying to figure out where to eat. I have like a ton of ressies booked, but I am going to have to cancel - They are like for the same time - to just one meal a day. I'm thinking Jiko. Suggestions?

Pineapple drink sounds yummy! But I can't hold my liquor anymore.
disney and disboards of course! a girl after my own heart! lol

dinner wasn't too bad, i just think i was done with buffets and the whole idea of more more more more by then. my pineapple drink was so yucky tho! and i did catch your photog pic comment! lol i think the dude forgot to out any flavour in it, cus all i could taste was strong and bitter alcohol. i don't drink much, but man we had to go back to wl and i needed to nap to recover before taking the kids for a swim.

love the tink pics. glad you got a great tink. last's yrs for us was awesome-except b fell asleep waiting for an hr. so he missed "bell-bell". in april she wasn't as great. i was kinda sad. terrence scared the you know what out of him. lol

and you and dan so cound like allan and i. we were at gymnastics with the kids yesterday am and man you'd think we were kids the way we were snipping back and forth. keeps us young!!!

love the pics of the dude doing the water art. it's the small things at disney like that i love to take time for. in april on our last nite by pirates there was a dude trying to create one and ppl kept walking all over it. we were the only ones to stop and look and it was kinda pointless. he'd get the head shaped out and someone would stop him....then it would dry up. lol

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec) 2013 kidani, aoa(dec/jan) 2014 pop(feb-race!)
Old 10-12-2010, 06:32 PM   #36
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Joining in

I just found your TR today and am really enjoying it.

Your pictures are amazing, and your kiddos are adorable.

From the way you described your room at Pop, it sounds like the exact same one we just stayed in from the end of August through the first week of September.

Looking forward to more
Old 10-21-2010, 01:09 AM   #37
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleym337 View Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures on the tea cups... those were amazing!!! what setting was your camera on and how can i do it! LOL and i'm very much looking forward to seeing the fairy's this time... it will be our first too!
I have a DSLR, so I turn the flash off, put it on full manual, and slow the shutter speed down a bit. So the shutter is at like 1/40th of a sec. or 1/60th of a second. Then focus on the people and follow the camera on to them and not on the background. If you don't have a DSLR, you might be able to do this just by turning your flash off. It will automatically make it leave the shutter open longer to get in more light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg@eastlink.ca View Post
disney and disboards of course! a girl after my own heart! lol

dinner wasn't too bad, i just think i was done with buffets and the whole idea of more more more more by then. my pineapple drink was so yucky tho! and i did catch your photog pic comment! lol i think the dude forgot to out any flavour in it, cus all i could taste was strong and bitter alcohol. i don't drink much, but man we had to go back to wl and i needed to nap to recover before taking the kids for a swim.

love the tink pics. glad you got a great tink. last's yrs for us was awesome-except b fell asleep waiting for an hr. so he missed "bell-bell". in april she wasn't as great. i was kinda sad. terrence scared the you know what out of him. lol

and you and dan so cound like allan and i. we were at gymnastics with the kids yesterday am and man you'd think we were kids the way we were snipping back and forth. keeps us young!!!

love the pics of the dude doing the water art. it's the small things at disney like that i love to take time for. in april on our last nite by pirates there was a dude trying to create one and ppl kept walking all over it. we were the only ones to stop and look and it was kinda pointless. he'd get the head shaped out and someone would stop him....then it would dry up. lol
I was worried we would get Terrence and the kids wouldn't like him. Kenzie has all of a sudden gotten into this stage where she is scared of strangers - especially men. Thankfully, we had a good fairy experience. In spite of the bickering. LOL. Dan and I are such total opposites in everything. It is amazing that our marriage works as well as it does! But we don't ever really fight. Those are truly few and far between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Joining in

I just found your TR today and am really enjoying it.

Your pictures are amazing, and your kiddos are adorable.

From the way you described your room at Pop, it sounds like the exact same one we just stayed in from the end of August through the first week of September.

Looking forward to more
Thanks! That would be cool if we stayed in the same room. I don't know the room number - I'll have to go get out our paperwork and look it up.

Next installment coming up soon!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:57 AM   #38
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

I feel as though I have abandoned my TR! I just have not had the time to stop by and write. School has really taken a toll on me. I have 4 more days of class and then a 2 week break. Woot, woot!

Let's see if I can pick up where we left off...

The white rabbit and Alice were outside of the tea cups, but the line was super long. Kenzie has just gotten into Alice - she likes the new one better than the cartoon, but likes it too. She gets a bit confused between Alice in Wonderland and Mary Poppins. I don't know how that is possible, but she calls the Mad Hatter, Mary Hatter.

Okay, we watch way too much tv in our house. We always have a movie playing.

Anyway, we decided that it was too hot and crowded to do much in Fantasy land. We didn't even get near Dumbo - as that line was up to 40 min. wait. It was about noon and melt your face off hot. How do we live here all year long? I couldn't survive without AC.

Since it was Kenzie's birthday, we asked her what she wanted to do. Both my kids LOVE Halloween - it's their favorite Holiday - so naturally, she wanted to go to "Mickey's Halloween House" aka the Haunted Mansion.

The kids were fighting over the stupid stroller again, so we literally ran to get there. Poor Dan was dragging Drew along at that point. I only got this one pic of the construction wall.

I tend to panic on rides. I am so worried that it will stop and I will get trapped on one and get sick. Sounds silly, but it really causes me panic. The dark stretching room is also another place for panic. But the cool ac was such a relief that I tried to really relax and enjoy it. No panic attacks for me this time.

So I brought my camera in with me and figured I could turn the flash off and put it on manual and try to get a few cool shots. On the picture threads on these boards, there are some amazing photographers and I am always trying to figure out how they get some of these really cool shots. It's totally addicting. That damn camera weighs like 20 lbs and goes EVERYWHERE with me.

No flash, no harm right? Right?

WRONG! I suppose b/c I have never shot in an enclosed space that is in complete darkness before, I swear I did not know that this would happen. But there is a sensor on my camera that tests the light to figure out the exposure. Well, it has a white light on it. NEVER knew it was there. I knew there was a sensor, but I didn't know it lit up. And it lit up as well as a flash or flash light. Damn!

So when I went to take this pic, I was mortified that I lit the whole room up! Plus, the guy in the next carriage over had some REALLY loud choice words for me. Sorry dude! I didn't know it would do that.

I tried to do a couple more where I covered the sensor and where our carriage was not facing anyone else. I really didn't want to ruin anyone else's ride. I felt like such an @ss after that.

They did come out cool though. Sigh. Other photographers had to have their sensor light go off to though. Right?

Drew took these for me:

I hate these pics b/c OMG do I look fat. I have gained SOOO much weight in the past year that it is not even funny. See pic of me in blue shirt in the signature. That was taken less than a year ago in Nov 09. Wow. I keep telling the doctors that I think my weight gain is unnatural, and now that I have packed on an extra 40lbs, they are finally listening and testing me for various things. But I really don't like the way I look. Anyway, that it a lengthy story for another time.

On with Disney!

After the HM, I wanted to do a bit of shopping - AC again - and get some new pot holders for the kitchen. I got a mickey hand glove, and his pants. They are so cute! Love them! DH laughs that this was my souvenir for the trip, and ironically, I don't cook. (I really don't. He usually does it.)

Pixie Dust coming up...
Old 10-21-2010, 02:39 AM   #39
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Pixie Dust!

One of the things that was really exciting for us on this trip was that both of our kids are now big enough to go on almost all of the rides! - With the exception of a few roller coasters. I cannot believe my babies are that big already!

So we decided to head over to Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! YAY! It has probably been about 15 years since I have been on either of these rides. Seriously!

I couldn't remember how wet Splash Mountain was, but decided not to risk it with the camera. Yep. I PUT THE CAMERA AWAY. I was kinda sad about it. I should have taken a pic of the kids in front of their 1st big ride.

Anywhoo, on the way through Fronterland, we were trucking it. I was just hoping to go get some FP's and come back later in the day. I figured we could go over to Pirates' or one of those rides. Plus, it was getting close to time for Kenzie's BBB appt. Well on the way, this lady comes up to us. (Bless you woman!) I have no idea who she was or why she picked us (I think it was the matching shirts honestly), but she asked if we were on our way to SM. Yes, we replied! And she whipped out 4 fast passes that were good right then!!!

I started jumping up and down I was so excited! I couldn't believe that this was happening to us. I read about this sort of thing all the time, but I never thought it would happen to us. I could have kissed her, but thought better of it. LOL.

THEN she asked us if we were going on BTMRR. Well, yes! The kids are finally big enough! So, guess what?????? She whips out another 4 FPs for that ride that are good right then!!! Seriously???

I kept telling her thank you over and over. The entire family was soooo excited. It totally made our day. She was awesome and amazing! I was so excited that I didn't even think to get her name or find out if she is on the DISboards. If she is, THANK YOU! It was so generous of her to give us pixie dust like that. It was our 1st time going on these rides as a family, and it made it even that much more magical.

It may seem silly that something as simple as FP's made our day, but it really did. That was so awesome! All I remember about her was that she had short hair and blue Mickey Mouse stud earrings on. LOL. She's a woman after my own heart! Much luv to you.

FP's in hand, we parked the stroller with camera well hidden, and walked onto SM! We were all excited! I was nervous too and I SCREAMED at every little drop. But it was so much fun! The kids absolutely loved it, and we did get soaked on the way down. But it was so hot, that it felt really good! Of course the ride stopped afterwards and we got stuck for a little while - about 15 mins., but we were good and happy. No panicking either. I was very proud of myself.

Afterwards, we went and squished special SM pennies to put in our book as a way to remember the kids 1st big ride. Then we went off to the Thunder Mtn.

I guess I'm getting old, b/c I don't remember that ride being so bumpy. LOL. I always knew that it was, but I could really feel it this time. We had so much fun on it. Drew was really brave and even put one arm up in the air. Kenzie almost came out of her seat a couple of times - I don't think she would have like fell out or anything to that extreme, but it was enough to scare her. So I had to hang on to her for most of the ride and my normally fearless wild redhead said she didn't want to go on it again. She did have fun though, and said she would do it on another trip, but not right then.

We decide to work our way back to the castle. We debate about lunch and feel that a snack would be better at the moment. Off we go to find a Dole Whip.

This is another one of those things that I always read about, but in my many trips to Disney, I have never tried. It's always been on my bucket list, but I either can't find the place, or one time my blood sugar was through the roof, and there was no way I could eat it.

I knew the place was over by Adventure land, and I wasn't exactly sure where. I thought it was by the magic carpets, and we did find an ice cream place there. We got in line to ask if that's where the Dole Whips were, and the person in front of us messed up their order. SO GUESS WHAT??

Pixie Dust!

The people ordered a giant chocolate ice cream and changed their mind, so they turned around and gave it to us! It was big enough for Dan and the kids to share! It was crazy that we were having such good luck.

But alas, no dole whips there. They were up just a little further across from the Swiss Robinson Tree House. And there was a ginormous line. It rivaled that of the Aladdin carpets. But I was determined to get my dole whip.

I decided on a dole whip float. I was thirsty because it was HOT. I should have taken a pic, but the camera was still packed up and I was left with trying to push the stroller through that narrow line while trying to hold my Dole whip. We decide to go sit on a bench in the shade and enjoy our ice cream. Yep. We sat down and relaxed. We hardly ever do that. It was so nice and peaceful! Any my Dole Whip was super yummy. BUT - it was also bad for my blood sugar. So I ate a little bit of it. Tried to share it with the kids, but they weren't having it. They thought it was yucky and daddy's chocolate was much better. LOL!

Once the chocolate was done, and I was still nursing the Dole whip, we figure we should go head over to the castle to check in for Kenzie's BBB appt. I thought we could get that over with and grab a small and quick bite to eat afterwards since we had an early dinner ressie planned for that day.

Up next, will our pixie dust continue...
Old 10-21-2010, 02:52 AM   #40
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

OK, have to interrupt to post a few old school pics. These are from our 1st family trip in 2007. Our magical trip.

My babies get their 1st pair of ears and ride on the tea cups!

I thought I had some decent tea cup pics, but they are blurry, or you can't see the kids - just the tops of their heads. Dan took those, b/c I'm in them. I don't know what he was doing. LOL SO, I'll spare you.

But here is my beautiful bald baby on Small World with her Aunt Kimmie. They so look alike, and everyone thinks that Kenzie is her baby.

She's not to sure what to expect at first.

But then she LOVES IT!

And just to show that we can't take a normal family pic - this is 2 different trips last year:

Old 10-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #41
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

still loving the trip report! and great luck with the pixie dust!

I love the HM pix!

I would love to send you the picture I was talking about, if you wouldn't mind fixing it - could you pm your email or I can give you mine? I love the picture so much I want to make it a canvas, but I hate his belly showing!

thanks!

Old 10-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #42
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Your daughter is SO adorable with her pink MM ears! How cute is that!! Don't you just love those memories

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 10-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #43
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I love the haunted mansion pictures. Too bad about the sensor light, but you got some great shots.

Yes! Free ice cream.

The pictures of the past trip were so cute. I love the one with the pink ears. Your daughter has almost no hair. Just a cute, happy face with Mickey ears. Awwwww.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #44
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

love disney pixiedust moments! they are the best! in april b tripped over allan's feet as we were getting ready to leave the hat shop and head to adventure land for my dole whip- yum! he scraped his knee and starts freaking out of course. as im tending him this wonderful cm comes out of no where- saying brb dont go anywhere! comes out with not one, but 2 sprinkle covered marshmallow treats from the store for my kids! it was so wonderful! he stopped and we continued on for our last nite.

and you're lucky! the kids wont go on hm anymore! i don't think we even tried in april. but after time number two last october lorelei came out saying it was creepy and that was that.

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec) 2013 kidani, aoa(dec/jan) 2014 pop(feb-race!)
Old 10-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #45
lindsey
DIS Veteran

I am enjoying your trip report - your photos are great!
We spent one night at Pop last year, and also had a hard time finding it.
Jun82 - FW, Aug88 - FW, Oct91 - FW, Oct92 - FW, Dec93 - POR (formerly DL), Feb95 - POR(formerly DL), Jun96 - off site, Dec96 - Poly, Jun99 - FW, Dec00 - FW, Dec02 - FW, Jun04 -FW, Dec05 - BWI & AKL, Feb07 - offsite, Jun07 - ASMo, Oct 08 - ASMu, Feb09 Pop/Bonnet Creek, Sep10 - Bonnet Creek, Nov 11 - Bonnet Creek, Jn 13 - POP, Bonnet Creek, Caribbean Beach, Nov 14 - ASSp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: