Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2010, 02:37 AM   #16
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

Yay! Readers! Thanks for joining in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceEngTM View Post
I am enjoying reading your trip report. We are taking our four and two year old daughters to Disney in six weeks (yeah!) and will have our first dinner at Akershus Princess so I appreciate the detailed review. Great pictures too!
Have fun on your trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFanatic View Post
I'm reading and loving it too! I've been a follower since your vow renewal report. I was trying to decide if I wanted to do it for my cruise coming up as our 12 year anniversary is during it; but it's just gotten way too expensive for us. Loved reading it though and am enjoying this one too - and I love your pix! I can tell you are a professional!

Can I ask you a photography question? I have a picture I took of my dh and ds that I LOVE, however, DS's shirt is riding up so his stomach shows. how can I make it so it looks like his shirt? It's a red shirt.
Thanks! I don't feel like a professional most times and seriously try to improve myself all the time. I love looking at other people pics - there are some amazing ones here on the DIS and I try to learn how they do what they do.

Shirts should be easy fix. You can just copy a section and paste it over his belly if you have a program like photoshop. Or email it to me and I can fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg@eastlink.ca View Post
arguh! i lost my post!!!

the pics are fab! i should of warned you about the goop, b got red last year and his scalp was stained for days. lol

we know all about meltdowns here. lorelei has mild cp and its like her brain is wired differently too. makes it hard. were battling the school rite now trying to get them used to her quirks as we call them.

looks so far like a wonderful trip tho! keep the updates coming!
I hate when I lose my posts! It's always when I write a good one too.
What's CP? Cerebal Palsy? Do your schools make IEP's up there? (Individual education plans) We are trying to get one for Drew. They use state funds to provide things like speech therapy - or whatever it is that the child needs to keep up in school.

And thanks! We had fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I'm joining in. I have to go back and catch up.
Yay!

I was hoping to do an update, but I am waiting on the dinosaur otherwise known as photobucket to upload some pics. I really need to figure out how to use flickr.

So here's a few cool shots to tide us over:

My happy place! When I need a zen moment, I think of this:
Old 10-06-2010, 03:41 AM   #17
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

A few random ramblings

Still waiting on pics to upload in photobucket and I can't sleep for some reason tonight - so I thought I would fill in some info

Radio Fanatic - As for our Cruise VR - We are lucky to have done it when we did. We tried to find the most economical package possible, and made everything ourselves - and when we first were looking at doing it, one of the DFTW people told me that the prices were going to increase soon, so we booked it then. It was before our actual wedding anniversary, but we wouldn't have been able to afford it if we waited.

I totally fell in love with the wedding pavillion when we saw it after we paid off our cruise vr, and if it had not been paid for, I would have changed it. But then it would have taken us several years to have saved up for that - and family would have come and it would have been our typical family get togethers that don't end well. In the end, I am so glad that we did it privately on the ship. It was beautiful and full of emotions for us.

Maybe you can do one of the memories collection vr's on the beach at the Poly. Those seem really affordable!

Another random rambling -

About the Belle dress. We bought Kenzie a Tiana dress for her BBB appt and kept it a secret. Well, that lil chunker wears like a size 7/8, so that's what I got her. I ordered it from the Disney store, and it took forever to score that one. They were sold out for months. The ones on ebay were selling for $100 and up! So I was so relieved when we got that. It was $40 too, and I usually don't spend that much on her dresses. I am always able to score them on sale. Turns out the 7/8 didn't fit - too big, so I had to spoil the surprize to try it on her and do some alterations. But more on that in a bit.

Well, too much time on the DISboards, and I get this wild hair up my butt to get her a Belle dress too. I love the pics of the little kids in outfits that match the characters. So I go on a Belle hunt. With it getting close to Halloween, I figure I should find one no problem. Except that they were sold out everywhere! I finally found one at Target in the toys, but it looked cheap and we didn't like it. A few years ago, the ones they carried were really nice. We got her Cinderella one for like $15.

So the hunt was on. For weeks, I followed tons of them on ebay, and they were selling for crazy high prices. I really liked the ones that came from Disney world since they looked the most like Belle's dress.

And then I came across a few Deluxe Belle dresses and thought they were stunning. Now my DD could care less if her dress came from Target, the Disney Store, or ebay. She knows nothing about deluxe dresses. All she cares is that she looks like the princesses.

But I saw them and fell in love. And of course I can justify any purchase like that by telling the hubby - but we'll use it in the photo studio too. So when an auction came up with this awesome Deluxe Belle dress with a buy it now of $50, I snatched it up. I was so excited. I couldn't wait to surprize her with this one. The seller said she would ship it the next day and that would give us plenty of time to get it, as this was several weeks before our trip.

Well, long story short - the seller jerked us around FOREVER and finally mailed the package 2 weeks after she was supposed to. Then she mailed it parcel post - which means I could walk to her house and get it faster than the mail would deliver it. I was so bummed. I figured that I would just have to put her in her Cindy dress.

Well, the day before we left, this box appears on our porch in the evening! It was the dress!!! Complete with tiara and wand too! Yay! It was such drama trying to get it, and with a little bit of pixie dust, it finally showed up in the nick of time.

Of course, leave it to me to put it on her wrong. (Doh! - insert Homer Simpson's voice.)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2010, 01:40 AM   #18
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

So last time I left you with this:

We couldn't find Dan-the-man and we were wondering what was taking so long. The kids and I got our resort mugs and filled them up to take up some time and calm them down. (Ya, nothing like soda, sugar, and caffine to calm down some children.)

So I keep calling Dan to see where he's at b/c the food court is huge, and it's blocked off by these random counter things where the soda is. Finally, he answers the phone and says that he's been stuck in line forever. There is one cashier taking the food orders, and some lady came over with merchandise from the Everything Pop store. And she haggled about each price on each piece that she had.

Another 5 mins go by, and finally he shows up with our food. It took like 30 mins - for the food court! Anyway, kids got ham sandwiches and grapes, and Dan and I split a meatball sub and a chicken ceasar salad. Both super yummy and better than the expensive lunch at Akershus!

We go back to our room, change, and pack up the tripod to return to Epcot!

First, we go use our Soarin' fast passes.

Drew was a little antsy waiting in this line, b/c it took like 35 mins on the fp side, but there were no meltdowns. Yay!

We also were allowed to ride in front since it was our 1st time. For some reason, I was terrified that I was going to lean forward and fall out of that thing. You should have seen me plastered to the back of my seat and gripping on for dear life.

DS is scared of heights - so lets take him on a flight simulator right? So we did a pretty good job of preparing him for it and telling him that it was pretend - that we were watching a movie. He was a little upset at first and almost chickened out, but got brave enough to do it. So there he was sitting next to me, and he was plastered to the back of his seat and gripping on for dear life.

But you know what?? It was amazing! We both LOVED it. Well, we all loved it! Drew wanted to go on it again, but the stand-by line was way too long.

I had hoped to pick - a - pearl with Mackenzie for her birthday. I even ordered us matching Cinderella carriage necklaces off of ebay, but we just didn't have time. I am going to have to go back to do it. I also wanted to see Captain EO, but that didn't happen either. Actually, we spent so long waiting for Soarin' and so long at the resort, that I was surprized how late it was. The fireworks started going off where we were over by figment!

So I pulled out the tripod and got to work.

We had given the kids glow sticks that we brought with us from the $1 store, and they were perfectly content to run around with them there. It was nice b/c everyone had headed over to the WS to watch the fireworks, so no one was around, and we still had a fabulous view.

Then we noticed the monorail coming toward us and I got these amazing shots!

These are my favorite of the entire trip!! I love them. Eat your heart out Dan! (We compete all the time to see who can get the best pics. He took the one out at the Boardwalk last year that I love so much.)
Old 10-07-2010, 01:54 AM   #19
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

After that, we waited for the mobs of people to leave the parks. Yes, the park was officially closed, but we lingered. I have read that other photographers do it all the time, so I thought we would stay until someone told us to get out.

It was so pretty and peaceful and we just walked around taking turns using the tripod and camera and enjoying each others' company.

I was bummed b/c these shots are pretty good, but not amazing. I have to work on my skills. Plus these are REEEEAALLLY long exposures, so this took a long time. Then Dan takes the camera and does this:

@(&%$$#!!$& Damn you Dan! You aren't allowed to take better pictures than me!

We were SOOOOO tired. My feet hurt really badly, and I am sad to say that my reefs were giving my blisters. They never give me blisters! I think that it may be b/c I walk differently when my ankle hurts. So we decide to call it a night since we have an early ADR at Ohana's in the morning.

Of course, I keep saying - wait, one more, one more - just let me take a picture of this. LOL! As Dan and the kids are begging to go.

Another one of my favorites:

Old 10-07-2010, 02:05 AM   #20
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

It was bye, bye Epcot, and we barely did anything there! I really wanted to do pick a pearl and go to the Club cool and dupe my family into trying the Beverly. LOL! They just don't know what is coming next time we go!

We made it back to the resort with only having to turn around 1 time!

The kids were so tired that they fell asleep on top of the bed. They didn't even bother getting under the covers.

I sat up to make sure that everyone fell asleep so that Mickey and Minnie could come for a visit that night!

I was hoping to make these up and put them in the room in the morning before the kids came in, but we were running so late that it never happened. This worked out good though.

Each kid got a lanyard and so did mommy and daddy - lol! With trading pins. The kids got sticker books - invitations to all of our appts, and adr's., Drew got a small Donald plush, and Kenzie got Minnie Dressed as Tinkerbell. They got glow sticks, light up personal fans, and Toy Story candy, and these super cute hooded towels that look like Woody and Jessie!
Old 10-07-2010, 02:37 AM   #21
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Day 2!!

I know that some people are really creative and dramatic. They do all sorts of crazy intro's type up funny comments, etc., etc. But I just don't have the time to do all of this. I spent 7 hrs the other night typing 15 research pages up of my thesis for class. This is a typical weekly assignment. It is taking up so much of my time, that my photo customers are getting ignored. (NOT GOOD for business!) So without further ado, here is day 2!

We had a hard time getting up in the morning. The kids were really worn out. I thought that we would be used to Drew's school schedule and that getting up in the morning would be no problem. But we were all tired. I thought that vacations were supposed to be relaxing right? Not at Disney.

We finally all get dressed in our matching gear that I made, and I thought we looked pretty darn cute! The kids were beyond excited about Mickey and Minnie's visit, and Drew took to pin trading like white on rice. I created a monster with that boy! But it was good for him, b/c it helped give him something to focus on.

So we jump in the van and drive over to the poly. We decide that it would be best just to park there for the day so we didn't have to worry about folding the damn stroller up to get on and off the tram. We would just take the monorail over to the MK and then back again later on. Oh boy, would this turn out to bite us in the butt later on.

But for now, we were in good spirits as we had a really good 1st day (Well good for our family.)

The 1st pic of the day is this one on our way up the stairs. It's just a decoration on the wall, but do you see all the hidden mickeys?

I love this resort! I want to stay here at some point. I am going to have to save up for it. This is just so pretty!

We go to check in and the CM looks at all of us standing in front of her, and says, "Downs, party of 4. I have you down as a party of 4 adults. Is that correct?"
As she stares at my kids.

Me - "Umm, no. I don't know why you have the reservation like that. Obviously it's 2 adults and 2 children."

CM - "Well, I don't know why you would have booked it wrong."

Me - "I didn't know that I did. Can you change it?"

CM - "I'll see what I can do."

Me - "Does it matter? There's still 4 of us."

CM - "No, it makes no difference."

So she tells us to line up to take our family picture. Well, 1st off, I thought this was included in the package, b/c at Akershus and CRT, we got the pic as part of our meal. It was included in the price. 2nd off, my DS starts freaking out about having a family picture taken. MY SON! The son of a photographer who takes pictures of everything. My son who tries to push customers out of the way in the studio to have his picture taken, decides to freak out and pull a typical Drew and run off.

So DH goes chasing after him. While Kenzie and I watch our stuff. Drew made it a good distance into a gift shop way over on the other side of the lobby. DH drags him back over to us, and we tell him that he doesn't have to have his picture taken, but that me, DH, and Kenzie are going to do it. So then we all line up and Drew is standing off to the side, and of course, he goes running off again! UGGG@

So we get out of the picture thing and appologize and let this line of people that has now formed go before us. DH comes back with Drew and we say skip the damn picture. They tell us to come back after we eat.

So off to the food! This place was SUPER DUPER YUMMY! I want to go back and try dinner there some time too. But everything was good. I would love to have some of that passion fruit juice stuff. The only thing for me is that I am a diabetic and I cannot drink a glass of juice, eat bread, and eat Mickey waffles with syrup. OMG! I would go into a coma. I had to just sample everything and fill up on eggs and bacon.

Character interaction here was pretty good, but it was crowded and we did feel a bit rushed again. Here is my inner Disney snob coming out - b/c we are spoiled by going when there is no one in the parks.

I really should have edited these pics as here we are with food half eaten in all of the pics again. For some reason, it really bugs me. But I do see Mickey waffles, so it is kinda cute.

We love stitch! We always tell our kids that they are Stitch or Experiment 626 b/c they are so destructive.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:47 AM   #22
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

We have never met Lilo before, so this was very exciting for us!

I had made an outfit for Kenzie to wear with a lilo on the front, but it was a bit too big, and I figured 3 outfit changes in one day would be a bit much. So we left it at home to save it for another time.

I'm making some sort of weird face here. No you don't really smell Lilo!

Can you tell who my favorite is? Look at my smile now!

Old 10-07-2010, 03:04 AM   #23
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Upon 1st glance, it looks like Kenzie is eating one of those giant Turkey legs. But it is really just a maraca. They had fun with those. I kept wondering though if they wash those after watching my own kids put their mouths on it. I was tempted to go slather hand sanitizer all over them. LOL! They brought out a cupcake for Kenzie for her birthday and we all sang happy birthday to her. I think she ate more of that than she did for her breakfast. But hey, it's Disney and it made her happy. It made the think that they didn't do that at Akershus, even though I put in the request. Poo on that place!

Mickey even stopped back by to wish her a happy birthday.

After that the waitress comes with the check and Dan looks at it and says it was way to much. Turns out that they charged us more for 4 adult meals, and the waitress was confused too. So the stupid CM at check in told me wrong. Grrrrr... but the waitress was really nice and was able to take care of it in a few minutes time. She was good and kept us with lots of drinks and food on the table. We love Ohana's! It was definitely worth the money. I think with tip that this one only cost us $85? Pricey, but fun.

So we decide to try to take our family picture now. Drew was feeling better with food in his tummy, so we go and line up for our pic. Now I should have known better when the guy working the camera couldn't get the speedflash to go off. He didn't have it pushed on the camera mount right. But we decide it's free right? So we line up and Drew is on the right side, and we are all sorted out nice and evenly. The photographer comes up and moved Drew in front of me and Dan and takes the pic. He tells us to have a seat and wait while it prints.

So here we are waiting:

That girl always has her thumb in her mouth! I have a feeling we are going to be paying for braces with her.

I look like a retarded pirate in this pic. Arrrrgggh!

I was really telling Drew - who was taking the pics to push the button all the way down. LOL.
This CM was a hoot. She was laughing at us taking all these pics, and amazed by the fact that my son could take them and do so well with them, so she sat down with us so we could take hers too! I love Disney people like this.

Up next. Will we get our picture? Will it be free? How will we all look in it? Tune in next time.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #24
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I'm here! Joining in and LOVING your photos!! I'm hoping for a good camera for Xmas Lol, key word "hoping" -- he'll tell me we have a wedding to pay for and the camera is the cost of my dress

Can't wait to hear more!
Old 10-08-2010, 03:32 AM   #25
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderelliT;3848450

I hate when I lose my posts! It's always when I write a good one too.
What's CP? Cerebal Palsy? Do your schools make IEP's up there? (Individual education plans) We are trying to get one for Drew. They use state funds to provide things like speech therapy - or whatever it is that the child needs to keep up in school.

And thanks! We had fun.

yes, cp is cerebral palsy, her's is very mild, mostly visual and quirks thrown in. we were prepared at the hospital on day 10 of her life for the worst outcome ever tho. they do! they call them ipp's tho, individual program plans. rite now her early interventionist is trying to get into the school for a meeting to present this to them as we need one for her. she was in speech, now released as she starts school, but that's out of the provincial program and now into the school program.

y happy place! :love: When I need a zen moment, I think of this:
[IMG
http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq324/downs_realtor/Kenzie%20Birthday%20Trip/Disney268.jpg[/IMG]
totally love the zen shot, esp the castle reflecting!!!

btw- lorelei has the same princess lanyard as kenzie! and you guys sat at ohana's in the same area we did, i think we were one closer to the door. what a riot! we didn't book it for feb, i wasn't overly thrilled with dinner, but i had one of those pineapple alcoholic drinks at the end of my meal and man it was potent! i was ill that nite.

more pics!!!

grrr...im typing in the dark and i messed up your first quote, so my answers in with yours! arguh!

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec) 2013 kidani, aoa(dec/jan) 2014 pop(feb-race!)

Last edited by amberg@eastlink.ca; 10-08-2010 at 03:33 AM. Reason: mistyping
Old 10-08-2010, 08:33 AM   #26
ashleym337
Mouseketeer

You're doing a great job!!! i'm enjoying the TR... and I feel ya on the "no love" of replies... no one has done a reply for my report either! hahahahaha Keep up the good work!!

DH ME DN 17 DS 7 DD 1 DS baby

Old 10-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #27
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I just found your TR and am joining in really quick then going back to read each post. First of all - what precious children you have!! They are so adorable, cute and just downright makes you want to hug them (hope that doesn't sound too weird ) Now back to the first post to read all about your trip

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 10-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #28
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
I'm here! I'm here! Joining in and LOVING your photos!! I'm hoping for a good camera for Xmas Lol, key word "hoping" -- he'll tell me we have a wedding to pay for and the camera is the cost of my dress

Can't wait to hear more!
Hey twin! You totally need a camera - a good one too. Check out adorama.com

You can get awesome deals on cameras, and we get most of our equipment from them. I would say it is part of wedding necessities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg@eastlink.ca View Post
totally love the zen shot, esp the castle reflecting!!!

btw- lorelei has the same princess lanyard as kenzie! and you guys sat at ohana's in the same area we did, i think we were one closer to the door. what a riot! we didn't book it for feb, i wasn't overly thrilled with dinner, but i had one of those pineapple alcoholic drinks at the end of my meal and man it was potent! i was ill that nite.

more pics!!!

grrr...im typing in the dark and i messed up your first quote, so my answers in with yours! arguh!
LOL! I'm typing in the dark too! Just got the kids to go to sleep a little while ago. They knew it wasn't a school night, so they kept getting up. I'm supposed to be up working on pics I did in the studio the other day, but the DIS is more important. You see where my priorities are right?

I've heard mixed reviews on dinner. Dan's taking me back WITHOUT KIDS for my birthday in Nov. and I am trying to figure out where to eat. I have like a ton of ressies booked, but I am going to have to cancel - They are like for the same time - to just one meal a day. I'm thinking Jiko. Suggestions?

Pineapple drink sounds yummy! But I can't hold my liquor anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleym337 View Post
You're doing a great job!!! i'm enjoying the TR... and I feel ya on the "no love" of replies... no one has done a reply for my report either! hahahahaha Keep up the good work!!
Thanks! I'll have to find your tr. I love reading other people stuff. But I am really bad about lurking and not posting. That's a little creepy sounding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I just found your TR and am joining in really quick then going back to read each post. First of all - what precious children you have!! They are so adorable, cute and just downright makes you want to hug them (hope that doesn't sound too weird ) Now back to the first post to read all about your trip
Thanks! We think they're cute too. Usually. When they aren't fighting or having tantrums. LOL. No, they are brilliant. Thanks for reading!
Old 10-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #29
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

The quality on some of these pics isn't great, b/c I used my photoshop magic and thieved them from the photopass sight. Shame, I know. But I did pay for the disk - so technically, they are mine. I just haven't gotten them yet. And I'm too lazy to clear off the scanner to scan in the ones that we have here at the house. How sad is that? It's my job to do that stuff for everyone else, but somehow I can't be bothered to do it for myself. I'm like that with pics too. I print them out and then don't do anything with them. They are taking over my piano in the kitchen. LOL! One day when the Master's degree is done. 3 classes and six more months. Sigh.

Okay - so the photopass chick who was printing pics come over with ours from Ohana's and says, "Here's your picture. It's $30.00 plus tax."

I'm like, "What? I thought it was included." She tells me - no, it's different from the other places and that was why our meal was cheaper. We have to pay for it seperately. Okay, I thought. If it's decent, we'll get it. We have yet to get a good pic of the 4 of us.

I open the folder and this is our pic:

Not bad, but we are way off center! I think that photographer was drinking one of those pineapple drinks! He should have left Drew where he was to begin with. It's sad when Drew at 5 can line us up better than he could.

I look at it and tell her that I didn't want it. An off center picture is not worth $30.

Dan grabs it - uh oh - here we go again. He says it's really not all that bad and he felt sorry for her to make her work like that. Oh poor baby. It's her job to work. I don't want to pay for it. He says it's not fair to request them to take the pic and then not pay for it, especially with Drew being the nut that he was.

Fine. Pay for the damn picture. Ta da! I need to line it up with all the other ridiculous ones.
See, here's one from a couple of years ago. It was the coldest day of the year in FL and we go to Disney. LOL

I have another from that trip where Drew looks handicapped. I wonder if I can find it.

This isn't it, but yet another where we are not all looking at the camera.

You get the idea. Sad. I'm a photographer and I can't get a decent pic of us for anything - especially at Disney.

So we go and have it added on to our photopass card since we paid for the stupid thing and then Dan realizes that we left Kenzie's princess dress in the van. The monorail is right next to us on the 2nd floor and the van is way the crap down stairs and out in the parking lot. I tell Dan to go get it by himself, and the kids start up - no, daddy, daddy. Okay, we all go together.

Guess what this means though. Between this and the pictures, we miss rope drop again!!

I really want to see the little show. I didn't even know it existed until a few months ago, and now I am bound and determined to see it. I kept dreaming that we would get there early enough one morning with our matching outfits on, that we would be picked for family of the day. That would be so awesome. But hell, I can't even get us there on time to have a shot at it.

After much unnecessary walking, we get everything out of the van and head back up to the monorail and hop over to the most magical place in the world.

At least we were early enough that toon town hadn't opened yet. So guess what that means!!!! We are going to see the fairies!!!!

I went all commando and charged the whole family up to wait at the rope for the Toon town opening.

Here is Dan and Kenzie waiting.

There was this really cool guy walking around (again the things that we have missed by not coming in the morning.) - he looked like a maintenance worker sweeping up trash. But guess what he was doing?

OMG!!!! How cool is that? I want his job. Okay, I can't draw for crap, so you wouldn't know what I was doing, but still. His job is to draw characters out of water with a broom!!! I think everyone who works at Disney is like multi-talented.

This is part of the Disney magic that happens at park opening. I can't believe we were missing all these things.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:17 AM   #30
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Fairies!

So there is a MOB of people waiting to get into toontown. I think that the rest of the park is dead. What I wouldn't give to be going on rides at that moment, but I'll be darned if I'm missing the fairies. Why did I have to wear our mickey shirts today? I should have worn them yesterday. Now Tink won't know just how much I love her.

The cast members start walking, and thank god they walk with that rope, or else we would have been trampled.

Seriously, I feel safer walking in the thousands of people trying to exit the park after fireworks. OMG! Crazy parents and their strollers. (Like I'm not one of them.) It was a battle to try to all squeeze in this little spot to park the stroller. Then my dumb-butt 5 year old is sitting in the stroller instead of Kenzie and he doesn't really fit. So I tell Dan to go run and save us a spot in line while I figure out how to get his legs out of there.

A few minutes later and we were working our way in line to see the fairies! YAY! I look up at the wait times, and it says 45 mins. for fairies, and 10 mins for the princesses. Wow, the poor princesses are getting no love.

Drew and I have to work our way past a ton of people to catch up with Dan. I really hope they didn't think that we were trying to be rude or cut in line. I get to him and in typical Downs family fashion, I say, "Where's the autograph book?"

He looks at me, "It's in the backpack."

"Well, where's the backpack?"

"It's in the stroller. Where do you think it is?"

"Well, it was on your back. Why is it in the stroller?"

A CM standing nearby in the EMPTY princess line hears us, and I guess he felt an argument coming on. He says it's okay to get out of line, since it was going to be a while.

Ugghh! Off I go to look in the backpack and squeeze past all those people I just stepped over to get into line. I get there and look through every pouch in the backpack and guess what??? No autograph book. (again Homer Simpson voice over going "Doh")

I try to call Dan on his cell, but I guess he doesn't hear it. Off I go to weasel my way back into line and climb over all those people again. I'm glad I don't ever have to see any of them again.

I get there and Dan says, "Where's the book?"

"I don't know. I can't find it. Are u sure u put it in there?"

He says, "I didn't have it last, you did."

"No I didn't. I had to take the kids to the bathroom at the Poly while you were getting that stupic picture put onto the photopass card. I handed all the stuff to you. Don't you remember?"

"Hmmm..." he grunts. He knows I'm right, but doesn't want to admit it.

"Maybe," he says.

I'm about to go all postal on him. Do you know how long I worked on that thing? Do you know how long we've been waiting to see the fairies. 2 years! Ah, well, this is just ANOTHER excuse to make him bring me back.

He asks me, "Where's the backpack?"

"What? Why? It's in the stroller. Where else would it be?"

"I thought you were going to grab it."

"I was going to grab the autograph book, but it WASN'T there. I don't want to drag that thing around. It's heavy."

At this point, Drew starts up with the "I'm thirsty" whine. I tell him to wait. Dan says, "If you would have brought the backpack in, he could have a drink of water. I packed water bottles in there."

Then both kids: "I'm thirsty. Iiiii'mmmm THIIIIIIRSTY."

You ever seen Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure where her eye starts twitching right before she loses it???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: