Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
ShannShann
Earning My Ears

Which to buy...Leapster 2 or Leapster Explorer???

I have a 4 year old daughter and I'm unsure as to which one to purchase for her for xmas??? Can someone please explain the differences between them and which is preferred and why?

Thanks in advance...I can always count on you all!

Shannon
ShannShann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:40 AM   #2
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

DD has both and I just asked her what she likes better. She likes Explorer- it has a much better screen and the games are better.

There are not as many games yet, but more are coming out soon. Plus there is camera add on that is just about to come out.

Today is the last day that games are buy 2 get one free, and there is a $5 off any Leapster game coupon and another coupon for $5 off 25 at Toys R Us. Target had Explorer Tinkerbelle for $17 today and I was able to use the $5 off coupon.

http://www.printablecouponfeed.com/toysrus/25773

http://www.leapfrog.com/en/landingpa...n_4_14_10.html

DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
NemoMom07
Swim Nemo Swim! You are free!

Location: North Carolina. But my heart and soul are in Tennessee

My ds4 has the leapster 2 and loves it. Gave it to him last year for Christmas. He has 15 games plus will be getting 2 more at Christmas. I do love the new exploreer. If he did not have the leapster 2 I would get the explorer. The graphics are much more like a nintendo ds. My parents thought about getting it for him, but I told them I would hate to have the other one thrown to the curb with all those games and in a year or two he would want a ninentdo ds. You can not go wrong with eiter. The leapster 2 is by far the best thing I ever bought him. He has learned a lot from it. The explorer is the newest version and looks incrediable. More games will come out as it was just released about 2 months ago.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

WE have the basic leapster. DD loves it. We recently saw an explorer at the store and she played the trial, and of course wanted it. But even though it was "cooler" in looks, I think it was pretty much the same idea, so we won't be forking money out for it. I also have picked up a Vtech Cyber pocket and several games to give for her b-day/X-mas. I got them all dirt cheap on clearnace, and they are similar to her Leapster, but I got her different games. Next stop up will most likely be a DS, but I'm not ready for that step up yet.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #5
wgwtgb
DIS Veteran

This site actually tells you the differences in an easy to read chart.
http://www.leapfrog.com/explorer/
Old 03-31-2011, 11:55 AM   #6
J_Rasmussen
Earning My Ears

DIS Boards always has the answers to my question. Great link showing the difference between the Leapster 2 and the Leapster Explorer. Going the Explorer route as we have neither at this point. DD will love it!
J_Rasmussen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
mmkk
DIS Veteran

On the camera add-on, does anyone know if its a new model coming out or just an attachment? Because I clipped a coupon off of a cereal box for the Explorer thinking that maybe a new model may come out next Christmas and Target would clearance their older ones with their summer toy clearance.

mmkk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: