Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #91
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsw94 View Post
How Fun! I think the surprise trips are the post fun!

So what is a 'Passporter Binder'? I've never heard of it, but it sounds like something more I can drive my family nutso with!

Oh, it is a wondrous, wonderful thing... It's a trip planner, receipt keeper, journal, and more, that makes you feel like THE most organized person in the world. With the Deluxe binder, which I have had for a bunch of years, you just buy the "guts" for each new trip. (New PassPockets, all the text, protective covers, labels.) I my PassPorter!!!

This is the deluxe:
http://www.passporterstore.com/store/1587711044.aspx

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #92
chttyangel
Mouseketeer

Just got hubby to commit to heading down in October for 3 or 4 days so we can enjoy all the Halloween fun!! I have done Universal during Halloween but never Disney. AND I am a HALLOWEEN NUT!!

Can't really start buying tickets are planning too much yet because I am actually going with my youngest DS and DD in 3 weeks!! BUT when I get back I will start in on planning for the whole family. Besides...we usually fly SWA and the DING specials are still for April so a little early. One thing for sure thou; thinking I will stay onsite this time. Have'nt stay at DL Hotel since 2001! The prices for the spring trip were over 300 per night. I figure Fall will be better rates.
chttyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #93
jennabennabofenna
Mouseketeer

I would love to go to Disneyland during Halloween time!

We are normally very busy during that time of year. We host an annual halloween party at our house (mainly for toddlers), and that alone takes up a big chunk of money.. along with other events and 3 of our friends kids birthdays are in october too.

But, id be more then happy to clear my schedule for a few days in Disney

Iv heard of the mickeys halloween party before... what is that exactly?

(DH) (Me) (DD: 4) (DD: 2)

Disneyland Trips: TONS of trips between 1987-2005, Grad Nite 06,*AP's* 3/5/12-3/8/12-APH, 4/23/12-4/25/12-DIS, 2/13/13-2/16/13-APH,
jennabennabofenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #94
chttyangel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennabennabofenna View Post
I would love to go to Disneyland during Halloween time!

We are normally very busy during that time of year. We host an annual halloween party at our house (mainly for toddlers), and that alone takes up a big chunk of money.. along with other events and 3 of our friends kids birthdays are in october too.

But, id be more then happy to clear my schedule for a few days in Disney

Iv heard of the mickeys halloween party before... what is that exactly?
From what I have heard; the park really gets decked out for the holidays. HM gets a Nightmare overlay; which I actually saw in Nov. The villains are out. At the Halloween Party (special ticket) they have trick or treating and adults/kids can wear costumes. They have special treats, ears and stuff for the holiday too!
chttyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #95
roxychip
Earning My Ears

I also have a trip planned for early october have visited twice before but am really looking forward to visiting cars land can't wait
roxychip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #96
pasofan
Mouseketeer

Looks like our trip this October is a go! My DH is currently a middle school principal, as well as bus driver, computer tech for the entire school district, among other things! He said both schedules the superintendent will be submitting for a vote have a full week off for fall break!

I have a question though. Others have asked about booking on-site at full price and having an applicable discount applied later, if one comes out The current special offers on the DL website say they are not good toward existing reservations. The offers for last fall also had the same caveat on the website--stalking the offers to know what might be available for 2012

Are existing reservations able to apply discounts--even though the website says they are not? Or does Disney just put that on the website hoping you won't try to get a lower rate if already booked? Or do people make a new reservation under the offer and cancel the previous rack rate reservation? Or am I missing something completely?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #97
nicolispicoli
DIS Veteran

pasofan, I am bumping because I am wondering the same thing. I definitely think there will be fall discounts out that are better than the AP discount disney is currently offering. I know I have heard several people on here mention that they have applied them later to existing reservations. I am hoping your question gets answered on here, but it may get overlooked since it's in a October travel thread and people who might normally see it under another thread title won't see it here. I think I may even call to see what they say, but you can and will always get conflicting answers when calling them.
nicolispicoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #98
mouseymommy
I love the smell of Pirates

My DH and I are taking our oldest, DS10, for his birthday in October. Hopefully we will be able to bring our nephew along too! We'll be staying at the DI&S for the first time. Does anybody know if the Halloween Party would be fun for a boy turning 11?
mouseymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #99
nicolispicoli
DIS Veteran

Okay, so to update. I did call and the CM was clear that you can indeed apply any discount up until 5 days out on a room ressie. I figured that was the case. He mentioned if you wanted, you could even cancel and rebook using the discount if for some reason it didn't apply, but as far as he knew and in his everyday work, he's always applied them for people. He thought the wording was strange too and wasn't reflective of how they operate with discounts. But like you said before, they maybe do it to dissuade people from doing it.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #100
nicolispicoli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseymommy View Post
My DH and I are taking our oldest, DS10, for his birthday in October. Hopefully we will be able to bring our nephew along too! We'll be staying at the DI&S for the first time. Does anybody know if the Halloween Party would be fun for a boy turning 11?
I think it would be fun for anyone, I know 11 year olds still love to collect candy. Maybe he might want to skip the character interactions which take up a big chunk of time, but everyone loves candy and fireworks!!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #101
dhorner233
Disneyophile

An 11 year old boy would love it! Esp. Haunted Mansion and Space Mt.

My question:

I wanted to book one of the Best Western motels. I could have booked it through Disney's site for $1,200 or through BW for $800. For $400 you got character calls and one early morning hour.

Am I missing something? Why would you book through Disney for a "Good Neighbor" motel if they charge more?

I booked w/BW for Oct. 30 - Nov. 5. I will buy my park tickets from Disney on line. I'm hoping I can go to 2 parties if they have one on Tuesday 10?30.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #102
nicolispicoli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
An 11 year old boy would love it! Esp. Haunted Mansion and Space Mt.

My question:

I wanted to book one of the Best Western motels. I could have booked it through Disney's site for $1,200 or through BW for $800. For $400 you got character calls and one early morning hour.

Am I missing something? Why would you book through Disney for a "Good Neighbor" motel if they charge more?

I booked w/BW for Oct. 30 - Nov. 5. I will buy my park tickets from Disney on line. I'm hoping I can go to 2 parties if they have one on Tuesday 10?30.
This is question that has no real answer except...because they can! Lol! I've booked packages through them before I knew any better. Now I alway book room only for on site and directly through whatever good neighbor hotel you want to book with.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #103
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolispicoli View Post
This is question that has no real answer except...because they can! Lol! I've booked packages through them before I knew any better. Now I alway book room only for on site and directly through whatever good neighbor hotel you want to book with.
Thanks! That makes me feel better. I always book through Disney when I go to DW and I booked through Disney when I stayed at Paradise Pier (which was very nice!!) but, this time I'm trying to cut costs and stay off property! Something I would NEVER do at DW!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #104
pasofan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolispicoli View Post
Okay, so to update. I did call and the CM was clear that you can indeed apply any discount up until 5 days out on a room ressie. I figured that was the case. He mentioned if you wanted, you could even cancel and rebook using the discount if for some reason it didn't apply, but as far as he knew and in his everyday work, he's always applied them for people. He thought the wording was strange too and wasn't reflective of how they operate with discounts. But like you said before, they maybe do it to dissuade people from doing it.
Thank you so much nicolispicoli That makes me feel better and we will be booking as soon as the board has voted on the calendar so we can get our definite dates

I am so excited to visit DL and we will be celebrating both our DDs birthdays, one is the end of September and the other is Halloween, perfect for a mid-October trip
Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #105
ashnjam
A Disney way of life

So how will you know if they come out with a discount? Do i just have to keep checking the Disney website to look for a deal the days we already booked?

Me DH (34) DW (34)DD (8)
Our first visit to Disneyland Oct 11-15 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039558

Our first Christmas visit to Disneyland Dec 7-12 2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215509
ashnjam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: