Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #76
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Okay, so I am going noteless.....I cant find my last days notes, so I will have to rely on my memory and the order of my pictures.

This was our "rest" day. We were feeling tired from a busy week, and wanted to take advantage of the beautiful BLT resort! We slept in a bit and then headed up to our home away from home the CR lounge for breakfast! It was good as usual and after eating we came back to the room to get our suits on. We headed down to the pool for a little relaxation

Im not sure why I only have one picture...guess I was relaxing too much. Here is Kayla and Alexa at the pop jets

After spending a bit of time at the pool, I went over to check and see what activities were going on in the kids club area. My older two had been wanting to do a Mickey tye dye shirt, but they always did that when we were in the parks. Today the CMs said they were painting ceramics, so I told the girls and in we went while Tony and Jonah stayed at the pool.We were the only ones in there for most of the time.
Alexa was in heaven to just paint with water on paper. We do this at home--cuts down on the mess
They also had beads out to make necklaces and bracelets, and coloring papers with markers. Here are some shots of the girls doing their art

Kayla and Olivia with the beads

Alexa with her water paint and Disney picture

I love the determined look on Alexa's face here

Alexa was having a blast--in her element, arts and crafts--just like Olivia!

More hard work for Alexa

After Kayla and Olivia finished painting their ceramics, we left them there to dry and told the CM we would pick them up later. We went back out to grab Jonah and Tony and went up to the room. We were going to DTD and Cirque du Soleil later and the kids really needed to do a bit of schoolwork.
We grabbed a snack and Jonah and Olivia got started on some make up work that they were missing. Good thing we had that nice big table in the kitchen area for them to work!

While they were doing that, Alexa was doing something she NEVER does-----

This child never naps at home---EVER--- and she did fall asleep a couple of times in the stroller, but a nap in the bed-WOW!

She looks so sweet

Continued in next post
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:47 AM   #77
blessedby3

continued from previous post

After the kids got their work done, Alexa napped, and we all got cleaned up and changed, we headed out from BLT to drive over to DTD. We were going to eat at Earl of Sandwich before our Cirque show. Tony had been wanting to see this show for a while, and I always said it was so expensive for a large family. I got a discount code on the disboards and bought tickets right before we left for our trip. Tony was surprised and excited and the kids had no idea of what to expect.
We arrived at DTD and went straight over to eat as we were HUNGRY!

Tony and Oliva enjoying their sandwich

Kayla with hers

Jonah and I

Alexa was still feeling the effects of waking up from that nap and not intrested in eating anything at all, but she really never eats much of anything!! She just wanted to chill with her paci

After eating we walked in a couple of stores to kill time before our show. We saw lots

Alexa's favorite

Kayla and Jonah trying on hats

Peter

Kayla and Jonah--notice she is carrying that EXPENSIVE purse

The balloon ride outside

Alexa isnt looking anymore awake than she was at dinner!

After walking around for a bit we headed over to Cirque.

The theater is small and I dont think there is any bad seat in the house. We had seats far up, but right in the middle. We all enjoyed the show....it was a little different and not like any regular circus, but Im glad we went and got to experience it. I dont think it is a "do every trip" type of thing, but maybe we will go back in a few years---if they have a discount again

After the show we headed back over to do a bit of shopping and grab a yummy snack from Goofys.
I loved this and wanted to bring it home...but didnt

Love this

Our traditional picture with Pooh and friends. Notice Alexa holding her new best friend's hand....too precious!

We finally headed over to Goofys Candy Company to get a treat!
We saw these there and oh, how lovely they looked! I believe they were $50 each!!!

Kayla ended up with a chocolate covered strawberry

continued in next post
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #78
blessedby3

continued from previous post

Olivia got a rice krispie treat covered in chocolate and m & m's

I got a rice krispie treat in while chocolate and m & m's and ate off of it till we left!! They are so sweet and big, but delicious! I cant remember what Tony and Jonah got, and Alexa wont eat any of this stuff! Weird kid!!
We decided to head back to the room and get a good nights rest! We were tired and had to be up early for our breakfast ressies at Boma--yum yum! We didnt hit the dessert offerings at the lounge that night since we had been to Goofys. Tomorrow, Boma and AKL......EE here we come!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #79
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Great update!! I love Alexa holding Piglets hand at DTD that is too cute!!

I do love the Cirque shows, but I wasn't sure what to expect when I first saw one at DTD. That theater is really great, because I have seen ones other places and ended up with terrible seats lol
Old 10-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #80
Holly324
Mouseketeer

Love your trip report! Can't wait for our family's trip. We are staying at BLT, and can't wait to just be able to walk to MK!!

Old 10-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #81
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Great update! I loved all of the pictures.

We saw Cirque for the first time about three or four years ago and loved it! Other than park tickets, it was the best money I've ever spent in Disney. It took us two more years before we would go back though since we decided to save those extra bucks for other Disney things.

Looking forward to more!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #82
wlake
DIS Veteran

We got that same Piglet stuffed animal this trip! DS5 got Pooh last year, and this year he wanted Tigger and Piglet. It's a wonder that boy fits in his bed.

I'm so impressed that you can do a day away from the parks. I would feel like I was missing out on everything. Maybe that's because we don't go often (twice in two years was a fluke -- I'd been twice in the previous 37 years!). Still, a down day like that sounds nice.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #83
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Ahhhh! Gotta love a relaxing day at the resort! I'm looking forward to doing exactly that at BLT. Were the arts and crafts in the Community Hall?

And what a way to end the night with Goofy's. YUM!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #84
blessedby3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
Great update!! I love Alexa holding Piglets hand at DTD that is too cute!!

I do love the Cirque shows, but I wasn't sure what to expect when I first saw one at DTD. That theater is really great, because I have seen ones other places and ended up with terrible seats lol
Thanks...she wanted to hold his hand
I agree, there really seems to be no bad seating at that theater. It was a tight squeeze in the seats, though. I had Alexa on our laps and we seemed packed in like sardines. I was just hoping no one had to get up during the show to go to the bathroom! This is the only Cirque show we have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly324 View Post
Love your trip report! Can't wait for our family's trip. We are staying at BLT, and can't wait to just be able to walk to MK!!
You will absolutely LOVE being able to walk to the MK. You wont have to deal with tons of bodies bumper to bumper It was one of the BEST perks of BLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Great update! I loved all of the pictures.

We saw Cirque for the first time about three or four years ago and loved it! Other than park tickets, it was the best money I've ever spent in Disney. It took us two more years before we would go back though since we decided to save those extra bucks for other Disney things.

Looking forward to more!
I know what you mean...its expensive, but we did get a great discount! I need to get back on really soon and finish up the report. Its a busy weekend here so hopefully early next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlake View Post
We got that same Piglet stuffed animal this trip! DS5 got Pooh last year, and this year he wanted Tigger and Piglet. It's a wonder that boy fits in his bed.

I'm so impressed that you can do a day away from the parks. I would feel like I was missing out on everything. Maybe that's because we don't go often (twice in two years was a fluke -- I'd been twice in the previous 37 years!). Still, a down day like that sounds nice.
I used to feel that way about a "down" day. We used to only go in the cooler off season times, but with Kayla in college, we have to go on her breaks (which doesnt offer any great times) so we went in May when she got out of college. Since the days were so much hotter than we were used to, we really enjoyed our mid day breaks when we took them and this down day. It is hard for me not to be in the parks, but we all benefited from the down time
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Ahhhh! Gotta love a relaxing day at the resort! I'm looking forward to doing exactly that at BLT. Were the arts and crafts in the Community Hall?

And what a way to end the night with Goofy's. YUM!
We did enjoy that time relaxing...and it was even better since we were relaxing at BLT
I guess Community Hall is the name of the room the activities were in. It is on the bottom floor of the hotel, right near the pool. That made it convienent. Im sure Henry would love it in there. There are arts, crafts, videos and video games. They also had special crafts daily, so look at the schedule and see if there are any you want to try and do. My girls SO wanted to do that Mickey tye dye shirt, but they were always doing this when we werent at the resort. They also show movies inbetween the CR and BLT on an outdoor screen and I think it was every night when we were there. They change up the movies. We never went down to watch one, but saw bits and pieces from the skybridge when we were crossing back and forth.
And Goofys....I agree....so delicious
Old 11-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #85
blessedby3

Okay, Im back to try and get this almost finished up....
Friday---our last full day at WDW
We were pretty much worn out by now. Busy early days and today was no exception for the early part for sure....We had breakfast ressies at Boma for 8:05. I needed to get everyone up and moving to drive over to the AKL. This is what welcomed me that morning:
Gods amazing handiwork...it really was a blessing to see, so I didnt mind getting up that early

My kids, on the other hand, didnt want to get up!

Kayla and Alexa zonked out

Olivia and Jonah

Nevertheless, I rousted everyone out of the beds and we dressed, packed the stroller, and headed down to the van to go to Bomas. We had eaten at Boma's for breakfast for the first time on our last trip and really loved it. We have eaten there on our last 2 trips on our AK day. First to Boma, then to AK. We are not adventurous eaters, but do enjoy all the regular fare they have there. We also love to walk around the property and try and catch a few animals out. I dont have a big desire to stay here since it is so far out from everything, but I do love to visit.
Anyway, we arrived right at 8am and went in. We only had to wait a few mins. They werent busy at all.
Kayla and Olivia waiting

Kayla and Jonah at the table

Olivia ready to dig in

Tony and Alexa...she was just plain worn out and wouldnt eat anything, although she rarely eats anything! She wouldnt even eat one of her favs--Froot Loops! She just wants to love on her Piglet and rest on her dad

Continued in next post..
Old 11-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #86
blessedby3

We finished up our breakfast, which was delicious, and headed over to the AK. We got there a little after rope drop and went on in. We went straight over to EE
Tony wont ride this anymore (he tried it once and didnt like it) so Kayla, Jonah, Olivia and I got fastpasses and headed straight to the standby line. We love this ride and there was only about a 15min wait. (remember I lost my last few days notes, so I am going on memory and my pictures). After riding, we headed over to the Safari. I just knew Alexa would love this ride as much as she loves animals. On the way we ran into this lady...which scared my husband to death

After we watched her for a bit and she followed my husband as he was walking and freaked him out, we went on to the Safari. Not a long wait again. We rolled through the line and boarded our bus

Olivia

Kayla

Alexa

Here are a few pics of the wildlife

And just as I expected, Alexa loved this

After we left the Safari we ran into this dude....we have never gotten a picture with Flick...Alexa was a bit unsure of him!

We left him and went on to Nemo....I can remember it was SO HOT at this time and we were looking forward to getting in that theater and getting cool and a seat. Sorry they are blurry

Such a fun show...we love to see this
After this show we headed over towards Dinoland. We babyswapped Dinosaur and so the kids got to ride it twice. I am really freaked out on this ride...I dont ride it for the most part with my eyes open. I dont think I have ever seen the whole ride but still go on it every trip!
Afterwards we went over to Dinoland and took Alexa on Triceratop Spin. We also played a couple of the games, or at least Olivia did. Then on to Primevil Whirl for Kayla, Jonah, Olivia and myself.
I have to get on to get the kids from school, so I will come back later to finish up our day
Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #87
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

What a perfect way to start an AK day - Boma breakfast! YUM! I just love their breakfast!!!! Their juice and coffee is amazing!

Very cute pic of Alexa on the Safari, look at her big 'ol grin! I like her giraffe print skirt too!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 11-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #88
blessedby3

I agree....Boma is the bomb!! Love the juice, but Im not a coffee drinker (I know, shoot me now!). Alexa did like that safari ride
Hoping we can do Boma on our next trip too. I have to either give up Ohana, or Boma for breakfast since I want to try CP (Alexa loves her Piglet!). Unfortunalely I have lots of time to decide
Old 12-08-2010, 10:23 PM   #89
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Old 12-09-2010, 07:07 AM   #90
blessedby3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

I know, I REALLY need to get on here and finish this up!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: