Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #31
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I want to try the Ohana breakfast sometime, it was on the "possible" list for this upcoming trip, but didn't make the final cut. Maybe next time! I think Henry would really enjoy meeting Stitch. Love the girls' Lilo dresses too!!!

Looks like a very fun day in Epcot! We tried the little Mexico stand and thought it was delicious as well. The new CS is getting great reviews so far. It's a TS at night and that is also getting great reviews! I'm looking forward to trying it!!!!
Ohana is really good....and thats where I get my Mickey waffle fix!! I know you just tried them for the first time on your trip They are soooo delicious! They also have a parade that will happen a couple of times while you are eating, and the characters lead the kids around and they give the kids intruments to play while they circle the restaraunt. Hopefully you can try it on your next trip---especially since you will have SO much time (Im just green with envy)
So you are saying that the Mexican place is the CS and TS?? I didnt know that. I thought they just redid the CS. Cant wait to try it whatever the case may be! Thanks for reading.....I think I have lost some of my readers/posters
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
Old 10-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #32
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post

So you are saying that the Mexican place is the CS and TS?? I didnt know that. I thought they just redid the CS. Cant wait to try it whatever the case may be! Thanks for reading.....I think I have lost some of my readers/posters
Yep, it's CS during the day and TS at night. I imagine it will be a wonderful place to watch Illuminations from during dinner!

I hope you didn't loose anyone, maybe they just aren't caught up with their subscriptions! I generally try to read anyone's PTR/TR that reads my reports, and then a few extra - go "pimp out your TR" on others that you read! Generally people don't mind the shameless plug.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2010, 05:28 PM   #33
blessedby3

Quote:
Yep, it's CS during the day and TS at night. I imagine it will be a wonderful place to watch Illuminations from during dinner!

I hope you didn't loose anyone, maybe they just aren't caught up with their subscriptions! I generally try to read anyone's PTR/TR that reads my reports, and then a few extra - go "pimp out your TR" on others that you read! Generally people don't mind the shameless plug.
That sounds really cool. Cant wait to try it!
Maybe some lurkers will post soon...
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA

Old 10-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #34
blessedby3

I left off with us making an exit out of Epcot in the rain...and was hoping the rain wouldnt last long! We made it back to BLT and decided to order some pizza from Giordanos Pizza. They were recommended on the dis and we usually order pizza at least once on our trips. My oldest doesnt eat much pizza, so she got a turkey club sandwich. We also ordered a large pepporoni pizza and an order of fettucini alfredo. Tony went down to the lobby to meet them and we were eating in no time! It was delicious and after we had stuffed ourselves and cleaned up we noticed it had quit raining. The kids put on their suits, but Tony and I decided we werent up to swimming and went to watch the kiddos. They all had a great time. They loved the pool slides and Alexa loved the zero entry pool, as well as the pop jet area. Here are some pics:

Alexa

Alexa and Olivia

The view of BLT from the pool

The fun slide

The kids had so much fun, but we wanted to get back to Epcot so we headed back the room so they could change. We got back to Epcot at 7:30. We wanted to try and watch Illuminations. We had time to go to Test Track and use our fastpasses. We had no wait at all in the fastpass line so we split up and did the baby swap too. That way all the kids (except Alexa) can ride twice. This ride is so much fun
After TT we headed over to Mousegear. We love this store and were hoping to get to look around for a while. My oldest, Kayla, found a purse in there she wanted to get. It was a Doney and Burke (sp) and I have never seen purses that expensive I told her we would think about it and they would have them at other stores.
We ended up getting Alexa a Piglet stuffed animal. She had discovered she loved him beyond measure and had to have one!!

Alexa was quite happy to have a new friend!

We were so tired and didnt feel like walking across to the lagoon to get a better view of Illuminations. We watched for a bit on the Future World side, then decided to head back. The little ones were antsy and we didnt want to get caught in the fleeing patrons....so off we went to the monorail.
We decided on the monorail ride back that we would go up to the lounge for a quick treat. They finished serving them at 10:00. Of course, nothing goes smoothly for us, so we got stuck on the monorail at 9:40. We were just past the Grand Floridian, but before the MK. We sat and waited for a bit, and then were moving again--thank goodness! We got up to the lounge at 9:55 and grabbed some delicious desserts and drinks. We were just in time for Wishes I dont have any pics--guess we were rushing and made it in the nick of time. After watching Wishes from the balcony, with the music piped in, we headed back to the room for a good nights sleep!
On the agenda for tomorrow-------Disney Hollywood Studios.....or as I still refer to it, MGM

Old 10-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #35
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I hated to read that Mickey didn't stay at your table long while you were eating at Ohana's. Guess he was in a rush to get somewhere.

It certainly sounds as if you guys had a good time at Epcot. I am anxious to try the next Mexico counter service next May too.

We just got our Disney Visa and I am looking forward to the photo opportunity at Epcot. I didn't even know about it until I read someone's post on the Dis. Gotta love the Disboards!

Yay for getting to finally swim! The kids looked like they were having fun.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #36
blessedby3

Day 4.....MGM
I was up at 6:45 and rousting everyone out of the bed. They were getting more grumpy about having to get up early...but we had to do it!! You get so much more done early at the parks
We all got dressed and headed up to the lounge for breakfast. It was delicious as usual and after we ate we went down to the car to drive over to MGM. We usually dont have a car and take the busses, but since we drove down we decided to take advantage of not having to endure extra smelly bodies (riding the busses) and drove ourselves over to MGM. We left BLT at 8:30 and arrived at MGM at 9:00. Their hours were 9-7 and it was a green TGM day
We entered the park and headed straight for TSM. The fast passes were for 10:50 and the line was a bit of a wait so we decided not to do standby, but come back later and use the fp. On the way to TOT, we saw Pooh and Piglet out, and since Alexa discovered that Piglet was the best thing since sliced bread, we had to stop
Here are a couple of pics of the kids with Pooh and Piglet

They were so cute
Then we proceded over to the TOT. My older 3 kids and I just love this----Tony, not so much! He offered to sit out the first ride with Alexa and so Kayla, Jonah, Olivia and I headed in. NO WAIT, a complete walk on--woohoo
We rode and came off uber excited and I told Tony I would sit with Alexa so he could go with the kids. He said he didnt think he wanted to ride---scaredy cat--so I said, you dont have to say it twice, and off we went again. NO WAIT again--yipee!!! After coming off the ride for the second time, we decided to head over to The Little Mermaid. I knew Alexa would love this show. On the way over, Olivia decided to press a couple of pennies. She loved doing this.

We then made it over to The Little Mermaid.

We only had to wait about 5 mins for them to let us in for the show. Alexa was a little apprehensive at first, but then quickly got into the show and loved it as I thought she would. After coming out of TLM, we headed over to the Animation building to get some character pictures. We were introduced to Lotso. TS3 was not out yet, and the CM said that Lotso was the villan. I just couldnt believe it as he was so cute and cuddly.

Of course we found out later that he indeed was a villan---but he is SO cute

We ended up leaving there and headed back towards TSM to use our fastpasses. Upon arrival we knew there were problems. The ride was broken down and they didnt know when or if it would be back up. It had been down twice already, they said. YIKES!! This was our ONLY MGM day and we really wanted to ride TSM!! We decided we would check back in later. We took a couple of pics

We decided we would get pics with Buzz and Woody, which was close by. The had a cute que area:

And then we finally got to meet Buzz and Woody

Old 10-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #37
blessedby3

We decided to walk throught the back streets and take a few pics. I had never really been back there for any amount of time, but we enjoyed the quietness and got some cute pictures:
Kayla and Oliva on the steps of apartments:

Old 10-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #38
blessedby3

Whoops, hit the wrong button..I have to get Alexa some lunch, so I will finish the post later.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #39
blessedby3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I hated to read that Mickey didn't stay at your table long while you were eating at Ohana's. Guess he was in a rush to get somewhere.

It certainly sounds as if you guys had a good time at Epcot. I am anxious to try the next Mexico counter service next May too.

We just got our Disney Visa and I am looking forward to the photo opportunity at Epcot. I didn't even know about it until I read someone's post on the Dis. Gotta love the Disboards!

Yay for getting to finally swim! The kids looked like they were having fun.
Hey Mickeystoontown
I hated that Mickey didnt stay long either! We have never had a problem at Ohana's with that. Oh well.....
The Disney Visa picture is great. We actually have 2 Disney Visa's- one in my name and one in Dh's name. We always get to pick 2 pictures and they are 5 x 7 size. Its a nice perk and we never have to wait long for it. Also, they only take your family in so there is no one else in there with you
And the kids were excited to get to swim

Old 10-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #40
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I took down Giordanos Pizza for my trip notes on a place to order pizza from! That is a great idea, and then if there are leftovers it's so easy in the Villa to store them. I love that!

Great updates! I sure hope TSM comes back up long enough at least for you to ride it!!!! We hate yet to do the Little Mermaid, but I'm making it a priority for March, everyone says it's great!

Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #41
blessedby3

Quote:
I took down Giordanos Pizza for my trip notes on a place to order pizza from! That is a great idea, and then if there are leftovers it's so easy in the Villa to store them. I love that!

Great updates! I sure hope TSM comes back up long enough at least for you to ride it!!!! We hate yet to do the Little Mermaid, but I'm making it a priority for March, everyone says it's great!

We definately had leftovers from our dinner and we snacked on them a couple of times! There are a couple of Giordanos nearby and I had a hard time figuring out which one would deliver to us. Neither one seemed to want to, but I can give you the numbers....
Lake Buena Vista....407-239-8900
Kissimmee.............407-397-0044
They also have a website.....www.giordanos.com
I went on and looked at their menu before our trip so I knew what everyone would want. I believe that the Lake Buena Vista one delivered ours, but I can double check in my other notebook to be sure.

And The Little Mermaid is fun..hope you get to do it on your next trip

Old 10-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #42
blessedby3

So I left off with us walking the streets of MGM. We only passed a few people back there, and it was nice to leisurely stroll along.
Here is a picture of Kayla with the umbrella..

And a couple of the family...

Here they are trying to push the stroller up the hill....lol

As we came out on the other side we saw a couple of characters we have never seen before....and got a few pics

It was unbelieveably hot at this time and we wanted to get in some air conditioning. We decided to grab a bite to eat and relax. Cant remember the name of the place, but its right next door to Star Tours. It felt so good to sit and relax.
After lunch, Tony, Jonah and Olivia went over to do Star Tours since we were right there. Only a 10 min wait. Kayla and I decided to head over to Beauty and the Beast to grab some seats and the others would meet up with us after their ride.
We got some good seats and sat down trying to stay cool. Tony, Jonah and Olivia soon met up with us then the show started. I just love this show. Kayla's dream would be to play Belle in this show. She has sang at church since she was about 9 or 10 (not that she sings Disnesy songs there, lol, but she is a great singer) and has all these songs down pat. She is looking into the Disney College Program.....guess we will see. Here are a few pics from the show:

After Beauty and the Beast we decided to check out the TOT again since we were right there. We had fast passes from earlier, but didnt even need them
there was NO wait....we walked right into the pre show and only waited a few mins in the boiler room....Tony and Alexa sat out once again
What would we do next?? Would we ever get to ride TSM?? Would it finally get back up and running??? I have to run pick up the kids from school, so I will finish later!

Old 10-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #43
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

I am jumping in and reading your report!!! How awesome to get family of the day, I did not know they did that at hotels. I have to tell you that I am terrified of the sound of balloons popping so reading your post about the balloons made me laugh

Did the umbrella work for you when you took a pic there (rain) it didnt for us and I must have looked like an idiot playing around it for 10 minutes at least lol
Old 10-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #44
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Great report!
Old 10-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #45
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

That would be so amazing if she got to play Belle! What a dream come true that would be. I hope she is intrigued by, and takes the plunge for the College Program! I wish I had known about it, I would have done it in a heartbeat!

for no wait on ToT! That doesn't happen too often!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: