Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #16
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Last trip, we had a Dis Meet and it was a lot of fun. Nothing that took a lot of time away from our family vacation. I may just decide to do that again next trip. Think you'd be interested?
Sure, as it gets closer we can compare notes and see what we can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Congratulations on being Family of the Day! I can't wait to see what view you got (and if you got an upgrade). I can't remember what view you requested.
Thanks for the congrats We had booked a standard (I dont think I even said that-oops), but when we got our confirmation it said BL view That was fine with me. I was hoping for an MK view, so you will have to wait to see what we got

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Wow How exciting to be Family of the Day Congratulations!
Thanks so much....a dream come true for sure! We never win anything so this was such a surprise!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
Old 09-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #17
blessedby3

Okay, so when I last posted, we were leaving the MK at 3pm to see if our room was ready. We walked back to the CR (again, this is so WONDERFUL) and went to the front desk to see if our BLT room was ready.......
Of course NOT!!
We were just so tired and wanting to be able to see the room, unpack and freshen up. We told the CM we were the family of the day and were given access to the lounge, so we would go upstairs and get a snack and wait for the call saying our room was ready. She said okay and off we went. At least we had somewhere to relax......
We got on the elevator and I put my card in.......no 12th floor lighting up on the board. Try again.....still not working! Then I remembered that the CM said earlier we would need a gold key, and we didnt get that then. Back down to the CM at the check in and she called someone to come out and get us upstairs. He took us to the 14th floor club lounge this time and there were 2 very nice CM's there. We were the only ones up there and we told them we were waiting for our room. They said to get a drink and snack and so we got some cookies, homeade delicious chips, chocolate covered pretzels and nuts. We also got soda to wash it all down.

While waiting we told the CM what had happened. She said to let her take care of the card issue and got all our room keys/passes. In just a few mins she came back with the pretty gold room key cards
I have only dreamed of having one of these
We talked with the male CM who was cleaning and putting out more snacks and he was very nice. We enjoyed that awsome view again...

sat on the balcony, the kids watched a little Disney tv, snacked some more and then at 4:10 decided to walk over to BLT. The room had to be ready, right?? It was supposed to be ready by 4pm at the latest. We thanked the CM's and got back in the elevator, got off on the concourse and took the skybridge over to BLT. Down to the lobby we go and asked the CM at the desk there if she could check on our room. She did and it STILL WAS NOT READY I couldnt believe it. She said it should be any minute.....well, finally at 4:35 we got the go ahead....the room was ready
We were in room #8427, 14th floor, dead center of the building with a Bay Lake View
We finally got in the elevator and went up to our room...

We walked in and Oh My, it was definately worth the wait!! The room was just beautiful and so spacious. Here are a few pics of the inside...

This was the headboard above the king bed

And the wonderful view from the balcony

Here is some artwork and cute towel animals

We were so happy with our room...even if we did have to wait ALL day to get into it. I have to go pick up the kiddos from school, so I will finish up with day one when I get back.....
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #18
blessedby3

Bad news when I went to pick up the kiddos.....Olivia had thrown up just before school let out.....went on to the doc as I was thinking we may have strep (stomach hurt, head hurt, sore throat).....and NOPE, just a gi bug. I would rather have strep as that is quickly treatable! Especially since we are having Alexa's 3rd birthday party Saturday---UGGHHHH!!! Anyway, I hope to get more written tomorrow, depending on how Olivia feels and if Im not constantly cleaning up throw up

Old 09-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #19
blessedby3

Big delay....Olivia was sick, then we had Alexa's 3rd Birthday on Saturday...now she is sick with a sinus infection, but antiobiotics are going into her system. Hopefully everyone will remain well for awhile!

Anyway, I left off showing you our beautiful BLT room. We got unpacked and ate some snacks for dinner. We had Garden Grocer deliver a bunch of stuff since we would have the kitchen. We got all our stuff together and packed in the stroller and off we went back to the MK We made the nice leisurely stroll from BLT to the front of the park and boarded the Railroad for Frontierland. We had those fast passes from earlier and wanted to get right on BTMR
We rode and used baby swap so the kids each to to ride twice (except Alexa, of course). After that we snagged our usual spot in front of the candy shop in Frontierland to watch SpectroMagic. What a great thing to see on the first night
Here is a picture of Kayla and Olivia waiting...

and one of all 3 of my girls and myself and Alexa watching the wonderful parade

Afterwards we headed back over to BTMR since there was not wait and then decided we should head back to BLT to get a good nights rest before the early morning came. We stopped off at the Magic Carpets on our way out since there was no line for this either.
Another nice walk back to the room finished this night off

Old 09-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #20
blessedby3

Day 2...
This was Sunday and I woke up super early and was anxious to get back to the MK. I was up at 6:45 and rousted the rest out of the bed. They never want to get up that early, but they will thank me later
As I had said in the last post, we had Garden Grocer deliver a bunch of groceries, but since we were also chosen as family of the day, we could use the lounge. I figured we would never see a club level lounge again, so we wanted to get our use out of it! We all got dressed and packed up the stroller with the essentials and headed over to the CR to get breakfast. We headed to the elevator and put our pretty gold card in and guess what---it still doesnt work We had to go to the front desk again and the very nice CM said that since we werent staying at the CR, he would actually have to fix us separate cards that would only be used to get us to the lounge. Guess the nice CM that gave us the gold cards the day before didnt realize that. Anyway, the CM fixed us 3 of them and off we went. Into the elevator and POOF--we were heading to the 12th floor
We got off and enjoyed cereals, bagels, muffins and pastries as well as fruit and milk and juice (oh yeah, and coffee for Tony). It was delicious and nice to have a MK view while eating breakfast! Here are a few pics:

It was all delicious and we then headed downstairs to board the monorail.
Alexa ready to go

Tony with Olivia and Alexa

Olivia

We got off at the MK again and headed into the park. It was a green day per Tour Guide Mike and we were hoping for low crowds. We came across Cinderella's stepsisters and the girls had to have a picture. The stepsisters and stepmother were hysterical. We enjoyed talking with them for a bit.

Then we headed over to Winnie the Pooh and rode with no wait at all. Alexa loved this ride After WTP, we went to Peter Pan and it was a walk on

Tony and Alexa before getting on

I hate waiting for this ride and if there is a long wait we always FP it. Alexa was a bit nervous on this ride, but didnt cry. After Peter Pan we went on Its a Small World, which is Alexa's absolute favorite. Of course the other kids can only ride it once or twice, but Alexa would stay on that boat all day if we let her
Here is a picture as we walked over to IASM...there werent to many people in Fantasyland

Here is a picture of Alexa and her good big brother riding it for the first time...she is engrossed to say the least!

And one of Tony, Olivia and Kayla...they are all smiles on the first go around

After IASM, we went over to the Carosel. Alexa was afraid of this for some reason, and I had to ride it with her. She wouldnt even let me stand beside her.

And a picture of Olivia enjoying her ride

We were enjoying a no wait morning and loving it. I have to go get dinner on the table, so have to stop here. What land will we go to next???

Old 09-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #21
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I would have made use of the club level lounge too. From your pictures, it looks like there were quite a few breakfast offerings.

Man oh man, what I wouldn't give for a crowd free day at the Magic Kingdom. You guys were able to do a lot of stuff in just a little time.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #22
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm here! I got your link to work that you PMed me. I hope what I wrote back makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't.

I still have to read, but wanted to get you on my subscriptions. Gotta play with the little man now, be back later.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 09-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #23
blessedby3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I would have made use of the club level lounge too. From your pictures, it looks like there were quite a few breakfast offerings.

Man oh man, what I wouldn't give for a crowd free day at the Magic Kingdom. You guys were able to do a lot of stuff in just a little time.
We did get our use out of the lounge!! Im sure the CM's thought--we see that Gurley family more than the families that are staying on this floor The offerings were pretty good. They would change them up a little every other day, so the 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc. would have one set of foods, and then the 2nd, 4th, 6th, etc. would have another set of foods.

I loved those crowd free mornings....the family would thank me for getting them up early then! We were able to do so much in the am in just a couple of hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm here! I got your link to work that you PMed me. I hope what I wrote back makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't.

I still have to read, but wanted to get you on my subscriptions. Gotta play with the little man now, be back later.
Thank you SO much Brook!! I'm glad you were able to help me. I thought I was going to lose my mind. Things that should be easy are always a problem for me! Now I have my TR link and my ticker back! No more stress for me-lol. Have fun with Henry! I need to get off and play with Alexa too...its her 3rd Birthday today and we need to have some FUN!

Old 09-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #24
blessedby3

Since today is my baby's 3rd birthday, I just wanted to share a couple of pictures from Alexa's birthday party from this weekend Sorry some are a little blurry

Old 09-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #25
blessedby3

So I left off with us having enjoyed the carosel. We wanted to get in Space Mountain before it got crazy, so Kayla, Jonah, Alexa and I headed that way while Tony took Olivia to ride BTMR and get fast passes for Splash. Kayla and Jonah rode SM first, and practically walked right on. Maybe a 5 min wait. They didnt even get to play with the new electronic game area for while you wait! I waited with Alexa in the dump shop. Alexa had a snack and I got our yorkie poo (whose name is Lilo) a dog tag made in the machine. We got her a Stitch one
I didnt think the kids would be done so fast and took Alexa into the game room. Kayla and Jonah came off the ride and didnt see me in the shop and went outside looking for us. They finally found me and I couldnt believe how fast they were in and out of there! Kayla sat with Alexa and then Jonah and I rode.....I love this ride!
Tony and Olivia then showed up after riding BTMR and getting our FP's for Splash. We decided to head over to Buzz and then did Monsters Inc. So funny. I wish my DH would get picked sometime to be in the show. He would be so good!

After Monsters, we decided to get some lunch and headed over to Pinocchios (sp) Village House. We got 3 kids pizza's, a meatball sub and chicken nuggets. It was your regular Disney fare and we left full.
We ventured over to the Haunted Mansion and it was a walk on as well. Alexa had fallen asleep during lunch so that worked out well as I was sure she wouldnt like this after not liking Pirates the day before. The rest of us enjoyed it We decided to go to Splash to use our fastpasses.
She woke up on our way to Splash and we found a friend to have a picture made with:

I also snapped a pic of my family

Once we got to Splash, we discovered that it was broken down. We decided to wait for just a bit and let Alexa play on the playground beside it

She loved this play area and played on it many times during our trip. Once it opened back up we took turns riding with the older kids and used the baby swap. Afterwards we went back to BTMR (we really love this ride) and baby swapped it too. Cant remember the exact wait time, but it was 20 mins or under.

After BTMR it was getting close to closing time. This was an early close day (open 9-5) as there was a private party that night in the MK. We decided to head back to BLT and were hoping to enjoy a swim. We jumped on the monorail since we were going to the lounge to check out the evening offerings. Got there around 5pm and we really didnt like what they had. We arent adventureous people and food seemed strange. We tried a couple of things, but the kids were definately not eating anything. We decided to go to the Contempo Cafe. We really liked this on our last trip. We werent disappointed. We got 2 roast beef sandwiches, a pasta flatbread, an alfredo pasta and a kids chicken nuggets. After eating we headed back to the room and collapsed on the sofas
We were feeling the pains of the day and talked of getting in the pool. After going back and forth on what to do we decided to swim. Problem is, that by the time we were suited up, it started pouring rain.
We decided to just take it easy. I threw in a load of clothes, everyone got showers and we just relaxed.
Right before 8pm we decided to check out what the lounge puts out for desserts. We walked back over to the CR and headed upstairs. Oh boy, this was our time of the day as far as that lounge goes!! The desserts were to die for. We sampled lots:

It was all so good and we headed back to the room afterwards, but made a stop in the gift shops on the Concourse. It felt so good to get back and in the bed. I knew that morning (and early morning at that) would be here so soon! We had ressies for Ohana at 7:50am.....I would have to blast them out of the bed in the morning!

Old 09-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #26
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

All caught up now!

First things first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEXA!!! 3 is a fun age, isn't it? They are learning so much, so quickly!

Loving the TR - how incredible that you got access to the lounge all week!!! I would just love that. And those MK crowds, Peter Pan a walk on?!?! That doesn't happen very often!! I hope that mojo continues throughout the week.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 09-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #27
blessedby3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
All caught up now!

First things first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEXA!!! 3 is a fun age, isn't it? They are learning so much, so quickly!

Loving the TR - how incredible that you got access to the lounge all week!!! I would just love that. And those MK crowds, Peter Pan a walk on?!?! That doesn't happen very often!! I hope that mojo continues throughout the week.
Thanks for the Birthday wishes for Alexa....I am loving this age. Just sad that I will never have a 2 year old again

It was incredible having access to that lounge
We definately used it AND enjoyed it!

Old 09-30-2010, 12:11 PM   #28
blessedby3

Day 3...Monday

Today we had a 7:50 ressie for Ohanas. It was awfully early to get 6 people up, dressed and out the door to be at the Poly by 7:50, but hey, we had the monorail to hop on--no problem I wanted to be able to get to Epcot as early to opening as possible! My mom had made my 2 younger girls Lilo dresses and they looked so cute!
We headed over to concourse to board the monorail and wouldnt it be just our luck--the monorail was not running!!! They were having technical difficulties---UGGHHH!! We were pushing it as it were to get to our breakfast on time and now we had to do quick thinking! We decided to go to the van and drive over since we were right next door. It was raining this morning, so we threw the kids and the stroller in the van and Tony dropped us all off under the covered area at the Poly. The kids and I went in and upstairs to get checked in. We werent too late, maybe 10 mins and we were seated right away We have eaten at the Poly for breakfast for the past 6 years. We really love this- its delicious and the character interaction has always been good. I also love that it is served family style so you dont have to worry about missing the characters while going back and forth to the buffet table. They bring all the food right to you! Here are a few pics:

The picture they take before you eat

Olvia and Stitch

All the kids with Stitch

Lilo with Olvia and Alexa

Alexa kissing Plutos nose and Kayla

Here is a picture of Pluto signing my photo mat. The past 2 years I have taken a mat out of a photo frame and we have had the characters sign it. It makes a nice keepsake

We had seen Lilo, Stitch and Pluto, but Mickey never came over (and he had been to all the tables around us). We were wanting to get on with our day, so we asked a CM if they could see what was up with Mickey. The CM went and fetched him and brought the big cheese over. Mickey was very rushed with us and we only got 2 pictures total. I have never had a problem with the character interaction at Ohanas, but guess there is always a first. I got him to sign our mat and snapped one pic while he was doing that. Then a lady at the next table offered to get a family pic with Mickey. We got that pic, and when I went to get my camera from her and take some of Mickey with my kids he was gone
Oh well, guess we will see Mickey (hopefully in a better mood) somewhere else in the parks! Here are the 2 pics we got with Mickey

They also brought out a cupcake for Jonah as we were celebrating his birthday

We ended another delicious meal (I dont know why I dont have pictures of our plates--I thought I took them) and headed back to the van. It was about 9:15. We had to drive back over to BLT and park the van, then get on the monorail to Epcot. The girls changed their clothes in the van and we headed back up to the monorail. We had seen it going by when we left the Poly so we knew it was working. We arrived at Epcot at 10.....what would we go to first?????

Old 09-30-2010, 12:44 PM   #29
blessedby3

So we entered the gates of Epcot and headed straight for Soarin---just like the masses do. Thankfully it was still fairly early so the crowds werent too bad. I sent Tony in to get fast passes for us and took the rest of the Gurley Gang over to Nemo. It was a walk on, so we waited for Tony to get back and we walked straight through to loading area.
Alexa loved this ride

Olivia and her daddy

After we got off we went over to Turtle Talk. They must have just let a group in, because we there was only one other family waiting besides us. We looked at all the fishies and waited. We got into the next show and as always, it was funny to hear what the kids say.
After leaving this we got a picture with Dory out front

We decided to head over to Mission Space. Kayla doesnt ride this because she cant do simulator rides, so she sat with Alexa while the rest of us rode. It was a 20 min ride for the non spinny side.
After MS, we headed to Test Track and got fast passes for that. Cant remember the standby time, but we didnt wait so it must have been 30 mins or more. We decided we wanted to get some Mexican food and headed that way. Alexa needed a change, so we made a stop at the Baby Care Center. I love those centers! They are so nice and of course the air conditioning is a bonus! We came out of the BCC and walked right into Mexico. The Counter Service was down for refurbishment, but there was a small stand that was selling a few things. We got 2 orders of Nachos to share and some sodas. Delicious!! I cant wait to see the new Counter service when we go back in May. We always enjoy eating there!
After our snack, we headed over to Innoventions to get our Disney Visa pictures made. I got in line and Olivia walked around with her dad to kill time. Alexa was asleep (unfortunately) in the stroller. I didnt want to wake her so we would have to go with pics of her asleep. There were about 5 or 6 families in line ahead of us, but this moves pretty fast.
Once inside we had Minnie and Goofy waiting on us.

This one is so cute. Minnie has her finger over her lip to say shhhh, baby is sleeping

and one of the whole family

We left Innoventions after Olivia played a couple of games and headed to Soarin. Alexa was still asleep and in the stroller so we could only bring it in to the upper lobby area. Tony took the kids down (we were using our fast passes) and rode and then I rode with Kayla and Olivia afterwards. This is SO my favorite ride in Epcot
We decided to head back to BLT and relax a bit.
We picked up our Disney Visa pictures on the way out. Here are a few pics as we left

Kayla in front of a giraffe topiary

and Kayla holding up the "ball"

It started raining on our way out of the park, but we were able to get on the monorail walkway and in before getting soaked. We were hoping for a swim....would the rain subside? Will we get to finally swim after trying twice? Stay tuned

Old 10-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #30
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I want to try the Ohana breakfast sometime, it was on the "possible" list for this upcoming trip, but didn't make the final cut. Maybe next time! I think Henry would really enjoy meeting Stitch. Love the girls' Lilo dresses too!!!

Looks like a very fun day in Epcot! We tried the little Mexico stand and thought it was delicious as well. The new CS is getting great reviews so far. It's a TS at night and that is also getting great reviews! I'm looking forward to trying it!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: