Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #1246
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---

I need to revamp my siggie quite a bit, but look what I added!

YAY!

Now I need to make a spreadsheet, check park hours, book ADR's - so much to do!

Mary Ellen: What I've learned from this TR is that TR's can be fun and I promise I'll do one for this Sept trip with LOTS of pics, if you promise to read it!

D4D
Old 03-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #1247
burly
DIS Veteran

Sorry your trip report is coming to a close.
I truly enjoy all the wonderful pictures you ladies provide, just beautiful.
Looking forward to the recap etc.

btw, the screwcap on wine is called a Stelvin Closure.(she says in her snootiest voice) it "think" it started with a particular winery etc.

I see it more and more at work, but mostly on whites. Not so much on reds, where people look for the nice red moist cork end.

KIM

Last edited by burly; 03-06-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: cork or screwcap, if it tastes good, then drink it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #1248
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post
I need to revamp my siggie quite a bit, but look what I added!

YAY!

Very nice Jen! What are your actual dates??????

Quote:
Now I need to make a spreadsheet, check park hours, book ADR's - so much to do!

That's great Jen! Your trip is going to be great. I wish I was going that time of year, but my friends picked HH. As soon as my contract passes (*O please, O please, O please*), I am going to nail down some dates for Denny and I. I was going to go after T'giving, but I may wait and try the first week of December.

Quote:
Mary Ellen: What I've learned from this TR is that TR's can be fun and I promise I'll do one for this Sept trip with LOTS of pics, if you promise to read it!

D4D
Trip reports are fun, plus I have met the nicest people through the TR boards - 5 of which I will be vacationing with in May. Where else does that happen but here!

I will definitely read your TR Jen. I just don't know where you will find the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Sorry your trip report is coming to a close.
I truly enjoy all the wonderful pictures you ladies provide, just beautiful.
Looking forward to the recap etc.

Thanks for joining us Kim. And thanks for the compliments on the pics.

Now - just remember - Jen just promised to write a TR in Sept. Will see really do it????

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
btw, the screwcap on wine is called a Stelvin Closure.(she says in her snootiest voice) it "think" it started with a particular winery etc.

I see it more and more at work, but mostly on whites. Not so much on reds, where people look for the nice red moist cork end.

KIM
That is interesting! The things you learn here on the boards. Thanks for that interesting tidbit. I am drinking out of a bottle right now with a Stelvin closure.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 03-06-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #1249
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Great "dragging yourself out of Disney" shots!! You got some wonderful ones of Serveur Amusant...I'm always cringing too much to take pictures!

Love that Figment made an appearance on the pin merchandise...I love that guy, it makes me sad how often he is maligned! (Actually, I'm wearing my Figment shirt right now! )
Old 03-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #1250
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Great "dragging yourself out of Disney" shots!! You got some wonderful ones of Serveur Amusant...I'm always cringing too much to take pictures!
That'd exactly how I felt - like I was dragging myself out of Disney.

Glad you like Serveur Amusant's pictures. That is such a fun act to watch, but now that I know he's really from Russia, the illusion is ruined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post

Love that Figment made an appearance on the pin merchandise...I love that guy, it makes me sad how often he is maligned! (Actually, I'm wearing my Figment shirt right now! )
I like Figment, too! You have a Figment shirt - that's pretty cool. I have never seen one! I would love a Figment T.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #1251
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

As always, wonderful pictures!!! Those pin ones are so cool.

Jen - I'm glad you have a buyer for your big contract. Too bad it's not me! Got any March UY?
Looks like you can get started on some big planning for your next trip!! We really liked CBR.

This has been such a fun TR to read! I always got excited for an update and more amazing pictures! Thank you both for sharing!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #1252
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Those pictures of France are amazing! I would also love to have one of the pin pictures, very cute. Too bad your trip is ending, I will miss looking at your pictures.

Me DH DD DS
Old 03-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #1253
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I hate that the trip report is almost over. I loved looking at all of your beautiful pictures and reading about your adventures. At least I can still look forward to your final thoughts.

Jen, I see that you've decided your headed back to Disney but I guess I missed where you decided to stay.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #1254
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Ah Liesa - that's a great story!!!!!! A French imposter! What the heck????? I bet he did crack up when you starting whipping out your Russian. So funny. From the Russian circus to Epcot. Maybe that's why he didn't like the chardonnay!

!
Yes, I'm sure he would have been much more "at home" with a bottle of Vodka!

Old 03-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #1255
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I've not deserted you Jen and MaryEllen; things have just been super busy with my brother, work and things at home. I am still reading, just haven't had a lot of time to comment. The pictures continue to be great.

Jen, it looks like we miss you by a couple of weeks.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #1256
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness with the stressful last day!

That wait for the bus was ridiculous! I must admit that with our Oct stay at BLT and recent stay at Poly Iíve come to realize that Monorail resorts have terrible bus service! We waited 45 minutes for an AK bus! There, of course, was standing room only and there was a squabble over who was getting on the bus! Who had been there longer kinda thing! UGH!

I do, however, think itís hilarious that you took a picture of a women scratching her derriŤre!!! LOL!!!

The AP trouble would have killed me! Really? How did the CM not realize that you werenít upgrading for just that trip?! Hello!

Love the video! The song and your voice are beautiful!

Your DHS pics are amazing as are you pics from your ride on the Friendship boat! BTW, I donít think remembering the 5 and 10 from your childhood doesnít show your age! Because, I remember going to the 5 and 10 when I was kid! Although Iím not sure that anything cost 5 or 10 cents!

I still have all my fingers and toes crossed for your resale DVC buy, MaryEllen!!!!!

I have the opposite disease of you! My disease is ďitís the last day, Iím in denial, so take hardly any pictures!Ē Itís very annoying! Because I always, always regret it!

Not brave enough for the SAB slide?! Girl, you go on TOT!!! I think we all have to try it once! My niece and DD conned me into the slide at poly! I ended up hitting my elbow and giving myself a cut! YIKES!

Your pics of Boardwalk from the boat are amazing too! I really, really hope I can get it for Dec!!!

More beautiful epcot pics and you found a hidden mickey like mine frin outside of Caseyís in Oct!!! I must say your Epcot pics have me longing for some good quality WS time in May! Itís very, very hard to get that with 3 kids or with a DH who doesnít feel well! Wooo hooo!!! Ok, one more time, Wooooooo hooooooooo!

Awww, I hate to see it end! But, I know there will be lots more Disney fun to be had soon!

Jen, good luck with school!!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #1257
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

ActuallyMary Ellen we spent our 40th & 43rd anniversary at WDW. No better place for me. A great way to go "overseas" without all of the hassles.

Jen it would be so great to have a meet in Sept.

My ticker seems to have disappeared & I couldn't fix it.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 03-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #1258
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
As always, wonderful pictures!!! Those pin ones are so cool.
Aren't those pin pictures the coolest??? Love them.

Hey - I think you are leaving today for your trip. Nice!

Quote:

Jen - I'm glad you have a buyer for your big contract. Too bad it's not me! Got any March UY?
Looks like you can get started on some big planning for your next trip!! We really liked CBR.
I know she is happy (and sad, too).

Hey - I have a March UY too. I swear....it is hard to find hand ons for March.

I like CBR too. Good memories there!

Quote:

This has been such a fun TR to read! I always got excited for an update and more amazing pictures! Thank you both for sharing!
Sheree - thank you! That is so nice to here. I'm so glad you enjoyed our TR and our pics. And you heard Jen - she promises to do one in September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Those pictures of France are amazing! I would also love to have one of the pin pictures, very cute. Too bad your trip is ending, I will miss looking at your pictures.
Aren't those pins just so cute!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the pics! I promise a whole new batch on the East Meets West Trip. I even have an extra night, so that means MORE pictures!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I hate that the trip report is almost over. I loved looking at all of your beautiful pictures and reading about your adventures. At least I can still look forward to your final thoughts.
I am so glad your enjoyed our TR and our pictures. I throw some pics in with the final thoughts. It will actually be interesting to go back and see my pics again because I started this TR soooooooo long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Jen, I see that you've decided your headed back to Disney but I guess I missed where you decided to stay.
I think CBR is official for Jen. I think she's pretty excited. She loves trying new places. I know that feeling - I love staying at new resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Yes, I'm sure he would have been much more "at home" with a bottle of Vodka!
Stolies! Not Grey Goose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I've not deserted you Jen and MaryEllen; things have just been super busy with my brother, work and things at home. I am still reading, just haven't had a lot of time to comment. The pictures continue to be great.
No worries. I know you have had a ton of stuff going on. Last time I checked your TR there was nothing new written, so I know you have been super busy. Glad you have a few minutes to stop by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

Jen, it looks like we miss you by a couple of weeks.
Drat! I won't be going to the world in September or October at all, so I will miss everyone. I am going to HH instead in October. Not my first choice, but should be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Oh my goodness with the stressful last day!

That wait for the bus was ridiculous! I must admit that with our Oct stay at BLT and recent stay at Poly Iíve come to realize that Monorail resorts have terrible bus service! We waited 45 minutes for an AK bus! There, of course, was standing room only and there was a squabble over who was getting on the bus! Who had been there longer kinda thing! UGH!
I was wondering about that because really, we hardly took any buses. We went to AK one day and the only other time we took a bus was to HS. I really dislike waiting for buses. It's just a drag, particularly when its hot and crowded.

Quote:

I do, however, think itís hilarious that you took a picture of a women scratching her derriŤre!!! LOL!!!

!
When I looked at those pictures I was actually a little surprise myself, that I did that. I must have been feeling especially ornery at that moment. That's what the "I'm sick" phone call from 1000 miles away will do to you!

Quote:
The AP trouble would have killed me! Really? How did the CM not realize that you werenít upgrading for just that trip?! Hello!

Really! You said it! Clearly he was inexperienced and probably just learned how to upgrade tickets so he didn't know what he was doing.

I still wonder, to this day, if I hadn't discovered it, what would have happened in May. You would be waiting a long time for me in Mexico!

Quote:
Love the video! The song and your voice are beautiful!
Melissa - Thank you so much for watching and listening!

Quote:
Your DHS pics are amazing as are you pics from your ride on the Friendship boat! BTW, I donít think remembering the 5 and 10 from your childhood doesnít show your age! Because, I remember going to the 5 and 10 when I was kid! Although Iím not sure that anything cost 5 or 10 cents!
Thanks! I had good picture mojo that day!

Really? I thought they did away with 5 and 10's when I was a kid. Gee - I'm not as old as I thought! lol!

Quote:
I still have all my fingers and toes crossed for your resale DVC buy, MaryEllen!!!!!
Well - it's been two weeks, so no news is good news. I will be pretty disappointed if it doesn't pass. I feel pretty optimistic right now!

Quote:

I have the opposite disease of you! My disease is ďitís the last day, Iím in denial, so take hardly any pictures!Ē Itís very annoying! Because I always, always regret it!

I am going to remember that in May so you don't neglect your last day pictures again

Quote:
Not brave enough for the SAB slide?! Girl, you go on TOT!!! I think we all have to try it once! My niece and DD conned me into the slide at poly! I ended up hitting my elbow and giving myself a cut! YIKES!

Did you forget my Vero Beach trauma??? (how quickly they forget). I am now officially afraid of water slides, but I'll give it a go...maybe!

Quote:
Your pics of Boardwalk from the boat are amazing too! I really, really hope I can get it for Dec!!!

More beautiful epcot pics and you found a hidden mickey like mine frin outside of Caseyís in Oct!!! I must say your Epcot pics have me longing for some good quality WS time in May! Itís very, very hard to get that with 3 kids or with a DH who doesnít feel well! Wooo hooo!!! Ok, one more time, Wooooooo hooooooooo!

!
Thank you and I hope you can get the Boardwalk, too. Weren't you supposed to stay there during one of your many trips???? Forgive me - your trips do get a little confusing. I wish we all had that problem.

If my VWL passes than I want to stay there over the holidays, but I also really want to try the Boardwalk.

Glad you like my (not so) hidden Epcot Mickey.

I want to spend LOTS of time in the WS. Love it there!

Quote:
Awww, I hate to see it end! But, I know there will be lots more Disney fun to be had soon!

Jen, good luck with school!!!!
Well - I have a little bit more to talk about, so stick with me.

Oh - and Jen - she's a freakin genius...she will ace school!

Old 03-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #1259
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
ActuallyMary Ellen we spent our 40th & 43rd anniversary at WDW. No better place for me. A great way to go "overseas" without all of the hassles.
Nice! So you have had firsthand experience on the greatness of an anniversary at the world. I was so impressed with our anniversary experience.

Quote:
Jen it would be so great to have a meet in Sept.
I hope you guys can work that out!

Quote:
My ticker seems to have disappeared & I couldn't fix it.
I've had that happen, too. But then they come back for some weird reason. Someone smarter than me probably knows why.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #1260
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

No worries. I know you have had a ton of stuff going on. Last time I checked your TR there was nothing new written, so I know you have been super busy. Glad you have a few minutes to stop by.

Drat! I won't be going to the world in September or October at all, so I will miss everyone. I am going to HH instead in October. Not my first choice, but should be fun.

We will miss you too!

Actually, I posted a little unexpected trip that I am taking in 24 days to Florida (but no Disney). I am super excited.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: