Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #1231
nilla
The sky is falling!
 
nilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So - ARE YOU GUYS GETTING EXCITED FOR YOUR SPRING TRIP??????
60 days! I'm already getting some TR ideas

BTW, your TR is great! I know you hear this all the time, but your pictures are second to none.
nilla is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #1232
manntra
DIS Veteran
 
manntra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,378

Thanks Cynthia for the information on the corks Very interesting.

MEK...I pretty much rule!!! Great commentary..and great pictures as always.

Yes, I have stayed at BC...back in 2007 but not in the villas. CAN'T WAIT!! I am thinking that I might ship some wine in my OL box...I am FedExing a box down with my OL stuff and if I can wrap the bottles well then I will bring some screw tops

Jen...my birthday is September 7

Thanks for sharing your trip....looking forward to your final thoughts and recap!

Tracy
__________________
DVC Member 2007
Tracy Ziggy http://
manntra is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #1233
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran
 
dawnbu40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 5,390

Nice update Your pictures around France were just beautiful!

Looking forward to your recap
dawnbu40 is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #1234
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran
 
Queenofallthings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 4,812

Wow...wonderful pics!! I love those performers in France....we saw them for the first time in January and I was holding my breath most of the performance

I want that first pic you posted that says Walt Disney World in the pins....I fell in love with it.....oh to have an endless supply of money

I can't believe another MEK TR is coming to a close....but I know there will be another right around the corner and I'll be there!!!
Queenofallthings is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #1235
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post
Thanks, I needed that. I might shift my dates a bit to include my 10th anniversary at WDW.


Oh. No question - you definitely should. Anniversaries are so special at the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post
Problem: just called WDW and a king size room will accomodate 2 adults and an infant, can't have 4 people in the room (which is bogus IMHO). Still considering CBR even if it means 2 full size beds.
That stinks Jen! Cause I really think that would be the best option for you. Ethan is a big boy. I know that even Denny and I don't like sleeping in a full size bed together. You'll both probably end up sleeping in two separate beds. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post

Ethan also just got a *nice* bonus from work so I thought about splurging I've looked into WL with a queen and bunkbeds but I've stayed at VWL before and the parking was an issue. Still considering it.

I even priced with BC with a pool view! Stormalong Bay is bonus prizes there but again, I've stayed BCV and was not overly impressed with it and again, the parking issue.


Really.....You didn't love BCV???? I didn't know you had stayed there. How about OKW? Have you guys ever stayed there? The studio has two queen beds, plus no parking issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post
I did price out AKL in a Savannah view room (Lodge, not Villas). Price wasn't too bad. Points for AKV in a studio with Savannah view is 109 - again, not bad.

I think I've made the decision more difficult!

D4D
Parking is not great a AKL, but I really think you would like it there. It really is gorgeous, relaxing, and tropical. I pick AKL as my vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilla View Post
60 days! I'm already getting some TR ideas
I am so looking forward to your next TR. And I am also looking forward to all your great PP pics of the family. Plus I can't wait to see what cute clothes Kristin has been making this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilla View Post

BTW, your TR is great! I know you hear this all the time, but your pictures are second to none.
Thanks Nilla. *blush* You obviously haven't read Lurkyloo's TRs yet. You've got to go check out that Root photography!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Thanks Cynthia for the information on the corks Very interesting.
Who knew that Cynthia was such a wine connoisseur? My future Disney room mate continues to amaze me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
T
MEK...I pretty much rule!!! Great commentary..and great pictures as always.
Thanks. I am glad I found a way to make an otherwise boring last few hours more entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Yes, I have stayed at BC...back in 2007 but not in the villas. CAN'T WAIT!! I am thinking that I might ship some wine in my OL box...I am FedExing a box down with my OL stuff and if I can wrap the bottles well then I will bring some screw tops
to the wine!!!!!! Of course, Christine and I are planning a little wine shopping expedition in France, so you are welcome to replenish your OL there, too!

I hope we BCV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Jen...my birthday is September 7
Duly noted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip....looking forward to your final thoughts and recap!

Tracy
Thanks Tracy! So Glad to have you following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Nice update Your pictures around France were just beautiful!

Looking forward to your recap
Thanks Dawn.

I have been working on this TR for so long that I need to seriously regroup before I recap. But I'll be working on it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Wow...wonderful pics!! I love those performers in France....we saw them for the first time in January and I was holding my breath most of the performance

Thanks.

Aren't those guys amazing? Seriously, they make it look so effortless. I couldn't even stand on the first chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post


I want that first pic you posted that says Walt Disney World in the pins....I fell in love with it.....oh to have an endless supply of money


Aren't those pin pictures fabulous????? I hear ya on the endless supply of money. They are so expensive that it's hard to justify them because they are so unnecessary, but boy would I love one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post

I can't believe another MEK TR is coming to a close....but I know there will be another right around the corner and I'll be there!!!
Yes. Sad, but true! I am very happy that my next trip is only 8 weeks ago (actually probably 7 now). It will be interesting to see how we write that one. I think we should each take turns and go on a rotating schedule.
That's going to be one crazy trip with lots of good TR material!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #1236
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
2xcited2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,349

Wow! You two never fail to impress me with your unique perspective and camera angles allowing me to see our happy place in a new way. I love it. And trust me... look forward to exploring every last nook and cranny of France with you, ME, in May!

Jen - so sorry you are selling your DVC contracts but can't argue with your priorities! My home resort is BCV and I do love it but primarily for location and Stormalong Bay. I can't imagine staying anywhere else . But I'd agree that the rooms themselves are in BIG need of a refurb.

When it comes right down to it, I'm not sure you can pick a "bad" Disney resort. And I'll be looking forward to your TR!

For my May traveling companions - that is not to say we won't adore BCV. And how much time do you spend in the room anyway? The common area, SAB, the quiet pool, the walk to Epcot and DHS... all of that we're going to love!!
__________________
Christine

2xcited2sleep is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #1237
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,208

I enjoyed your pictures around France and on your way out of the park. I still have never seen Serveur Amusant.

I'm looking forward to the recap and photopass pictures.
glennbo123 is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #1238
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,655

I can't believe your TR is over! Although, I also can't believe that this trip was in September! I loved all the WS pics! I have never seen that performer in France, we always seem to miss all the fun stuff in WS somehow! I really want to see those drummers in Japan someday, we always miss them too! Can't wait to read the recap!
__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #1239
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran
 
SoonerGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,849

I've never stopped to watch that performer in France, just seen the show from a distance - looks pretty impressive though!

I too, want those pins that spell Walt Disney World, so cute!!

I'm sad your report is at it's end, but looking forward to your next one, I know you're going to have some fabulous pictures from the F&GF!!

Jen, I would totally not worry about your DS missing the first two days of kindergarten, he won't miss much!

CBR is a lovely resort, but I don't know about those full sized beds for your DH, he'd probably need one bed all to himself....
__________________
SoonerGirl is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #1240
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy
 
All7OfUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Salem, OR; formerly from Crapistan- Really!!
Posts: 13,089

I have to get ahead of myself just a tiny bit on my own TR in order to comment on yours. That favorite "French" acrobat that is the favorite is actually...









A Russian who came right out of the Russian circus!!!!! (We've been to many!)

I wanted a picture with him, which I did get, (you'll have to wait for that) and immediately noticed his accent. When I asked him if he was in fact, Russian, he go the funniest EVER smirk on his face, and admitted that yes, he was. After a fun picture, I bid him a hearty Das Vidanya, and he cracked up. So funny!

__________________

All7OfUs is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #1241
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love
 
KathyRN137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post



A French Hidden Mickey





Still have a bit more to read, but I had to stop and comment on this awesome Hidden Mickey! I wonder if a CM arranged the table and chairs, hoping some astute guest would catch it!

As usual, the photography is amazing! You must be getting really excited for the Spring trip!


Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #1242
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,014

I hate to see your report end, but looking forward to another.

@Jen, you must come Sept.7 & stay at CBR. Of course I'm biased because we arrive on that date & are staying at CBR!

I did love those queen beds at CSR, & wish that CBR had them.

We will be celebrating our 45th anniversay, lots of water under the bridge!
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline  
Old 03-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #1243
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---
 
Ducky4Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom
@Jen, you must come Sept.7 & stay at CBR. Of course I'm biased because we arrive on that date & are staying at CBR!
That sounds like a deal! I am going to book it at CBR. Now, is it worth it to book through AAA vs not? Part of me just wants to do this now and not wait to book through AAA, but I know the AAA diamond parking is rockstar. Anything else they offer?

D4D
Ducky4Disney is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #1244
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

If I hadn't been there myself before, I would have a hard time believing that little corner of France was actually in a theme park. Your pictures make it look like the real deal!
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #1245
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Wow! You two never fail to impress me with your unique perspective and camera angles allowing me to see our happy place in a new way. I love it. And trust me... look forward to exploring every last nook and cranny of France with you, ME, in May!
That is what I love about taking pictures. The possibilities are limitless and the actual picture does still the senses in a different way depending on the angle and lighting and all the other tech stuff.

France - here we come. I love Epcot. I really want to spend as much time there as possible.

I think France has a KP mission, so that's on my list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Jen - so sorry you are selling your DVC contracts but can't argue with your priorities! My home resort is BCV and I do love it but primarily for location and Stormalong Bay. I can't imagine staying anywhere else . But I'd agree that the rooms themselves are in BIG need of a refurb.
Jen texted me this morning that they have a buyer for her big contract. I am sure that's a relief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
When it comes right down to it, I'm not sure you can pick a "bad" Disney resort. And I'll be looking forward to your TR!
I agree with that! There is no *bad* resort. I think they are all unique in character. I am actually looking forward to seeing the new Art of Animation when it opens up. That sounds cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
For my May traveling companions - that is not to say we won't adore BCV. And how much time do you spend in the room anyway? The common area, SAB, the quiet pool, the walk to Epcot and DHS... all of that we're going to love!!
I plan to adore BCV. I love the location. I already know I love all the common areas and the theme. It's going to be fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I enjoyed your pictures around France and on your way out of the park. I still have never seen Serveur Amusant.
I knew he had a name , I was just too lazy to look it up. Thanks Glen! I can't believe you've never seen him. That's what happens when you spend to much time calling the phone booths in England!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post

I'm looking forward to the recap and photopass pictures.
Thanks. I've gotta get on that, but have a lot to do the next several days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I can't believe your TR is over!
Dont give up on me yet - I usually find creative ways to stretch it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Although, I also can't believe that this trip was in September!
See what I mean about stretching things out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I loved all the WS pics! I have never seen that performer in France, we always seem to miss all the fun stuff in WS somehow! I really want to see those drummers in Japan someday, we always miss them too! Can't wait to read the recap!
We did have so much fun with the WS pcs this trip.

The performer in France is fun. I saw him the last two trips. Just got lucky, I guess.

I have never seen the japan drummers, but will keep my eye out for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I've never stopped to watch that performer in France, just seen the show from a distance - looks pretty impressive though!
He really was good. I wonder if he ever messes up....I doubt it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I too, want those pins that spell Walt Disney World, so cute!!
I know - how cute (and expensive) are they! I couldn't even bring myself to look at the price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I
I'm sad your report is at it's end, but looking forward to your next one, I know you're going to have some fabulous pictures from the F&GF!!
I know the next one is going to be seriously action packed. We are now talking about some serious blender drinks by the quiet pool! Watch out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Jen, I would totally not worry about your DS missing the first two days of kindergarten, he won't miss much!

CBR is a lovely resort, but I don't know about those full sized beds for your DH, he'd probably need one bed all to himself....
I totally agree with missing kindergarten.

Sounds like Jen is going to book CBR. Just got a text from her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I have to get ahead of myself just a tiny bit on my own TR in order to comment on yours. That favorite "French" acrobat that is the favorite is actually...









A Russian who came right out of the Russian circus!!!!! (We've been to many!)

I wanted a picture with him, which I did get, (you'll have to wait for that) and immediately noticed his accent. When I asked him if he was in fact, Russian, he go the funniest EVER smirk on his face, and admitted that yes, he was. After a fun picture, I bid him a hearty Das Vidanya, and he cracked up. So funny!

Ah Liesa - that's a great story!!!!!! A French imposter! What the heck????? I bet he did crack up when you starting whipping out your Russian. So funny. From the Russian circus to Epcot. Maybe that's why he didn't like the chardonnay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Still have a bit more to read, but I had to stop and comment on this awesome Hidden Mickey! I wonder if a CM arranged the table and chairs, hoping some astute guest would catch it!

Probably! And Jen was just astute enough to get it. Mary Ellen - not so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post

As usual, the photography is amazing! You must be getting really excited for the Spring trip!


Kathy
Thank you and YES - can't wait for the May trip. That's why its so fun to read your TR, because it looks like you ladies had nothing but non stop fun!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I hate to see your report end, but looking forward to another.
Thanks! It's always sad to finish a TR, but it is great to have another trip to look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
@Jen, you must come Sept.7 & stay at CBR. Of course I'm biased because we arrive on that date & are staying at CBR!

I did love those queen beds at CSR, & wish that CBR had them.
I am pretty sure she is staying at CBR and staying through her anniversary on the 10th, so you should definitely plan a DIS meet. What fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
We will be celebrating our 45th anniversay, lots of water under the bridge!
Major congratulations on that!!!!!! You will have the best time. Disney is so great with the anniversary surprises. DH and I had a great 20th anniversary there. We felt like celebs.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post
That sounds like a deal! I am going to book it at CBR. Now, is it worth it to book through AAA vs not? Part of me just wants to do this now and not wait to book through AAA, but I know the AAA diamond parking is rockstar. Anything else they offer?

D4D
Well, we already texted about this, so happy trip booking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
If I hadn't been there myself before, I would have a hard time believing that little corner of France was actually in a theme park. Your pictures make it look like the real deal!
Thanks Jackie. France really is covered in so much detail. I can't wait to go back and do a KP mission there. Oh yeah ....and buy wine.....without a cork!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: