Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #106
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I am loving this dual trip report. Both of you take amazing pictures. I have a Mickey head cake pan at home and make my own Mickey Rice Crispy treats 'cause there's no way I could make myself spend $50 on them at Disney.

Thanks for the good Earl of Sandwich reviews. It's on our list of "must dos" for our next trip.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #107
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Love your Andy Warhol-esque balloon shots! Very neat!

Pumpkin Mickey soap??? Sigh. That's what I need at my house.

Enjoyed all the shopping pics -- it is always fun to virtually shop on the DIS!
My original balloon picture was so bad..... I mean really bad - I had no choice but to change it up. I didn't even know photobucket had all those effects.

I almost got the Pumpkin Mickey or the Candy cane, but I decided to go for something more generic. Honestly, I had no idea that soap was so expensive. I still have it in the wrapper, but conveniently through out the price tag. I can just hear Denny now.

It is fun to virtual shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Great Rita and RR pictures!! I can almost taste them!!

Happy you finally made it through the doors at Basin The vanilla soap was a good start.....I really love the bath bombs too....especially if you are staying in a 1br villa and have the jacuzzi tub Hey Melissa needs to try them instead of bubbles
Everytime I see those pictures I want a repeat of that Rita. I actually think that was my favorite drink of the trip. C was right - that place makes a great drink and I WILL be back there in May.

I was thinking the same thing. I would definitely try those bombs if I was staying with a jacuzzi tub. But I never take baths at home. Just don't do it so they would be a waste.

Quote:
What a beautiful sunset...nothing like a Florida sky!!

Those little vinylmations are so cute but I would want too many
The sunset was super cool that night and I can definitely see how vinylmations could become an addiction.

Quote:
I could spend hours in TrenD....there is so much to look at from the displays to all of the unique merchandise.....well maybe not hours but you know what I mean

pictures

Tracy
When I go into TrenD I wish I was 20 years younger, 10 lbs lighter, and I wish I had a pocket full of cash. Then I would buy up everything in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
OMG amazing pictures of DTD! I must go to that margarita shack, I always walk by it when I'm there but I never stop!
Best....Margarita......Ever!

Quote:
I've only been in Basin once and never bought anything, I kind of just walked through, and after seeing those Mickey soap pics, I have to go in there and get one! So cute!
Again - if I had a pocket full of money I would have bought all the soap in there - at least every one with Mickey ears.

Quote:
Love the sunset pictures! And I want one of those Disney D&B purses sooooo bad...I'm hoping I have enough $$$ in November to at least get a wristlet!
Those D&B purses are REALLY cute. I am so not a pocket book, bag, purse, ect person but I love those. Super adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Thanks for the Basin pics....
Shocker thanks you too!
Jackie, if I can get down there, would you like a bar? It won't be until the end of Oct...
Ah Shocker.....How is the Ol' Boy?

The Basin was super cool. I'll be Baaaack!

Wigd - How did you get your siggie to lay like that? I am SO jealous of all those trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post

Awesome pictures Jen! this is my fav because I would have never thought to do that. But they are really all are so good. How did you take those pictures of the items behind the glass and get rid of the glass glare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
You both take beautiful pictures!

We just stayed at POFQ in Feb and I didn't near enough pictures. Thanks for posting more. We did have a greeter in the mornings, but never at night.

Lovely boat ride to DTD. We really enjoyed his relaxing ride with so many things to see along the way.
I remembered that you stayed there. I wish I has taken tons more pictures, but that was all there was time for. I don't remember seeing a greeter in the morning when we left either. bummer. Anyway, great resort. Loved it.

And I agree that the boat ride is awesome. I really enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Your drinks look refreshing and your dinner looks delish.

And shopping pictures! So many wonderful things to wish for. I went in Basin for the first time in Feb too. I will most definitely be going there more often now.
The drinks were awesome, the food was great, and the shopping was fun. And my personal feeling is if you can't buy everything you want, just take a picture of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Thought I would jump in since this one is just begining! All these pics are STUNNING. I am in awe!! Makes me want to have a "big girl trip"
So glad to have you join in on my TR. Jen and I welcome you!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #108
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I am loving this dual trip report. Both of you take amazing pictures. I have a Mickey head cake pan at home and make my own Mickey Rice Crispy treats 'cause there's no way I could make myself spend $50 on them at Disney.

Thanks for the good Earl of Sandwich reviews. It's on our list of "must dos" for our next trip.
Glad you are enjoying our tag team TR.

I hear ya on the Mickey RC treats. $50 - NO WAY....that' 5 ritas, or slushies, or rum runners, or martinis. I pick those over the rice crispy treat anyday.

Definitely try EOS. You won't be disappointed.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-30-2010, 12:40 PM   #109
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Great pictures! The food and drink look yummy! I love Basin too! We have gotten the bath bombs and smash them up so the kids can use some too. I have that yellow mickey soap and a white Christmas one too. I bought them LAST DECEMBER and just can't bear to use them - they're too cute! Plus I don't use bar soap for hand washing either, so it would have to go in the shower. I guess it could be just for me!!

I feel the same way about TrenD Mary Ellen! I was "this close" to buying a D&B bag in July, but I just couldn't justify the money. That would = a lot of margaritas!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:17 PM   #110
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm gonna take a guess at the MEK Mug game and say you bought it at MK. I know they have a shop there with a wall full of mugs!

Looks like a very nice evening of shopping! I love all the "window shopping" I can do through the reports. It sure helps that I don't notice a lot of what I want when I'm there though, otherwise I'd have to hugely increase my souvie budget!!!

Jen, love the idea with the giant Mickey head! If you ever do that you gotta post pics here on the DIS, it would be fun to watch it shrink!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 09-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #111
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fabulous evening in DTD! Those drinks really do look yummy! I may have to seek one out at DTD in a few weeks!

All your DTD pics are great! I love vinylmation! I swear, they keep coming up with more things to be addicted too! UGH! Isn't it bad enough that we're already to addicted to going to WDW?! Then we have to be addicted to pins, vinylmation and god only knows what else!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #112
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Hi, MaryEllen. We are back and I see I have a LOT of catching up to do. I wanted to get my TR started (which I did last night), and will spend tonight catching up on everyone else's.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:59 PM   #113
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Mary Ellen, when you asked about my siggie, did you mean my tickers or links to reports?
Old 09-30-2010, 09:19 PM   #114
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm all caught up. First off, MaryEllen your pictures continue to amaze me. And, Jen, your pictures are awesome as well.

MaryEllen, when we were at Disney last year (2009) we stopped off at the the POFQ on our way to the airport. There were greeters there with beads, however, they did not offer any to Mark and I (guess they knew we were CSR lovers). Jen, as for the mugs, I think it is nuts how people get crazy over it. While eating at the Pepper Market at the CSR last week, the server we had told us that when he was trained, they were told that guests WERE ALLOWED to bring their mugs back.

Can't wait for the next update.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:31 AM   #115
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So glad you got your Rita and the stand wasn't closed. They look yummy!

Great sunset pics!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 10-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #116
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you enjoyed the margarita stand. Truly one of my favorite places in the World. But, by golly, I've never thought about getting an Earl sandwich and bringing it over. Good idea. And those pics have me ready for lunch!!

Love the shopping pictures!

Old 10-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #117
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I'm so glad you enjoyed the margarita stand. Truly one of my favorite places in the World. But, by golly, I've never thought about getting an Earl sandwich and bringing it over. Good idea. And those pics have me ready for lunch!!

Love the shopping pictures!
I see a drink from the margarita stand and lunch at EOS in my future
Old 10-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #118
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I see a drink from the margarita stand and lunch at EOS in my future
I'd like to see that on my desk right now, but they frown on drinkng while on the job (at a courthouse no less!)
Old 10-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #119
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I'd like to see that on my desk right now, but they frown on drinkng while on the job (at a courthouse no less!)
Old 10-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #120
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
This reminds me of my first job in New York City. Our entire section of the company was moving from the 8th floor to the 13th. It was a LOT of work. The director of the team came by my desk and shoved a bottle of beer between my monitor and keyboard. "Drink!" she demanded.

Being small-town Minnesota girl, I swiveled around in my chair and gave her this look,

"You'll need it! Everyone needs to drink!" she called as she continued to pass out beer to all the employees.

On Fridays, every-single-Friday, an admin would make magaritas at his desk (yes, he had a blender and a liquor cabinet at his desk!) for everyone.

Drinking was ENCOURAGED at that job.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: