Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #1171
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I loved your tour of the boat ride!!! I will be there in less than FOUR days! I agree, the Swolfin resort area is beautiful. I'm not terribly fond of those colors, but with the palm trees and all that there, it just works. Inside they are are stunning resorts!

Congrats on the contract!!!! Do you think you will get to close before March 20?
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-23-2011, 07:25 AM   #1172
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

WOOT WOOT congrats on the add on MEK!! That is fantastic news!!! I'm so excited for you and Denny!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! Sending lots of pixie dust that you will get through ROFR easily!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #1173
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Yay!!!! More DVC points!
I hope you pass ROFR.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #1174
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

YAY for more points!!!! I think it will be GREAT to have them for Christmas stays! WOOHOOOOOOO!!! And dinners at Artist's Point! WOO HOOOOOO!!!! It's so exciting, isn't it?
Old 02-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #1175
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wonders 10! OMG - Thank you for posting those pictures! They are Perfect! That is one scary looking fish! Did you catch that????? Nice job! I think I would have been afraid to touch it. If I saw that thing come out of the water I would probably drop the reel and run.

So glad you have been following our TR. It's been a lot of fun writing it. And we're not done yet, so stay tuned!
no not me in that pic! I haven't even gone fishing ever.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #1176
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
And because I am in one of those moods, pictures of a dolphinfish and a picture from the Dolphin hotel:

I can sort of see the resemblance, but still think it was a stupid name for the hotel since many people don't know there is a dolphin and a dolphin fish. Can't wait to see how the rest of your trip turned out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I like your "non-dolphins"! I remember shortly after that place opened and seeing those and thinking, "What the heck? Those aren't dolphins!!" My dad always said it looked more like a Carp.

Congratulations on your new DVC contract, hope it works out for you!

I Love those balloon pics that you too.
I vaguely remember that now from my Lou Mongello books (?), but was just mostly in the mood to give ME some carp crap. Thanks for the pix! I love those little tips and secrets and factoids about the parks and resorts. Who knew they'd use such a confusing set up there?

MEK: HUGE congrats on your DVC buy in! Here's some big wishes of good luck on the ROFR to go through!

Old 02-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #1177
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I vaguely remember that now from my Lou Mongello books (?), but was just mostly in the mood to give ME some carp crap. Thanks for the pix! I love those little tips and secrets and factoids about the parks and resorts. Who knew they'd use such a confusing set up there?

MEK: HUGE congrats on your DVC buy in! Here's some big wishes of good luck on the ROFR to go through!
Isn't it supposed to be a Chinese or a Japanese interpretation of a dolphin? I think I remember something like that from somewhere...well, that's specific, ellen!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:13 PM   #1178
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I love your DHS pics!

The boat tour was fun too, I've never taken a Friendship boat to Epcot, either...or DHS, actually! The Swalphin is so pretty, I sometimes consider staying there since it's so much cheaper than actual Disney deluxes, but I know I'd miss the Disney theming!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #1179
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Woohoo for your new contract!!!

to help you pass ROFR!!!
Thanks! Send me all the pixie dust you have!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post

we've been constantly eyeing the DVC resale deals too. There were a couple great small ones for OKW and SSR but you would have to jump on those fast, they were gone in a flash!!
I'm not in a position to buy again for a while, but you never know, I could scrounge up a little $$ if the perfect deal came around! John from the podcast thinks that the resale market will get even better after March 21 when the new rules for resale usage go into effect. I can't remember the specifics, but his logic sounded good to me! Hope he's right!
Well, that's a thought because he probably figures people will drop the prices lower because of the changes. Now the points aren't as "valuable" because they can't be used in all capacities.

I keep thinking that everyone who wants out is selling now and everything is sale pending. But my use year is March so it makes sense for me to buy a contract that has its March points coming, so that factored into my decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
You know what? I entirely missed your "AP Drama" post. Don't know how that happened.

Yeah - that was some drama. But fortunately it all worked out well and I won't be dealing with any drama in May.

Quote:
Well, good! Your pictures, and especially your angles are inspiring to me.

Well, thanks to you I started to explore all the different photobuckets edits and there are some cool ones I didn't know about before. So thanks!

Quote:
If you would have told me it was Katie Couric, I'd have believed it. I'm dead serious. No way does that look like Oprah. Their Michael Landon is spot-on though.
Agreed. At the risk of sounding racist, I think the artist was white and they just couldn't break out of the "white mold" and give Oprah some of the facial characteristics that make her unique. They made her look like some generic white woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I loved your tour of the boat ride!!! I will be there in less than FOUR days! I agree, the Swolfin resort area is beautiful. I'm not terribly fond of those colors, but with the palm trees and all that there, it just works. Inside they are are stunning resorts!
I am so excited for you!!!!! I wish we were getting to meet you in May, but I am excited that you have such an awesomely long trip coming up.

I can't wait to see the inside of both the resorts! I am going to spend some "quality time" checking them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Congrats on the contract!!!! Do you think you will get to close before March 20?
It doesn't have to close by then, it just has to be approved by Disney by then. So I interpret that as meaning passing ROFR. At least that's the way it reads in the contract.

I think it was a good time for me to buy because my use year is March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
WOOT WOOT congrats on the add on MEK!! That is fantastic news!!! I'm so excited for you and Denny!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! Sending lots of pixie dust that you will get through ROFR easily!!!
Thanks Jen! I really hope everything goes smoothly, but if it doesn't then it wasn't meant to be! Thanks for the major pixie dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Yay!!!! More DVC points!
I hope you pass ROFR.
Thanks Jen! I hope everything goes well. Thank you for the well wishes!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
YAY for more points!!!! I think it will be GREAT to have them for Christmas stays! WOOHOOOOOOO!!! And dinners at Artist's Point! WOO HOOOOOO!!!! It's so exciting, isn't it?
I always had VWL in the back of my mind as a possibility. I didn't love the decor when I stayed there, but I loved the way the resort was set up. And I loved Ranger Joe.

I would have loved 100 points at AKL but there were NO small March contracts, ever. I have been scanning the TSS for well over a year and there is never anything in my use year, low points, at AKL. In fact, all the small point March contracts are few and fare between and no they are flying off the hook.

Oh and I LOVE Artist Point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
no not me in that pic! I haven't even gone fishing ever.
Psych! Well I was about to be very intimidated by your skills considering I am creeped out by my one experience catching small fish. I couldn't even get a 4 inch fish off the hook to throw it back in.

Quote:
carp crap! I love all those little factoids, too. They are so interesting.

Quote:
Thanks! I am very excited for this add-on. I think it will be a perfect amount of points for me. Thanks for the well wishes!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Isn't it supposed to be a Chinese or a Japanese interpretation of a dolphin? I think I remember something like that from somewhere...well, that's specific, ellen!

You guys have me curious now. I think I need to do a little research on this matter!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #1180
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I love your DHS pics!

The boat tour was fun too, I've never taken a Friendship boat to Epcot, either...or DHS, actually! The Swalphin is so pretty, I sometimes consider staying there since it's so much cheaper than actual Disney deluxes, but I know I'd miss the Disney theming!
Yeah - I would miss the Disney perks. And then they tack on all these extra charges and that bothers me. Plus no ME and no dining plan. I don't think I could do it for a whole trip, but I would like to try it for a couple nights!

I do recommend the boat ride. It really gives a nice perspective of the resorts.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #1182
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
So happy that you got the extra points!! I can't imagine a better place to spend some Christmas holidays...there is something about a lodge at Christmastime that I love
Thanks Queen! I am pretty excited about the possibility of a VWL. I hate too get too excited until I know it passes ROFR. Then I think I would really like to stay there when the lodge is decorated for Christmas.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #1183
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
It doesn't have to close by then, it just has to be approved by Disney by then. So I interpret that as meaning passing ROFR. At least that's the way it reads in the contract.
Ahhhh, well they better approve it quickly so you can have those added perks!!!!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #1184
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Congrats on finding a contract that works for you! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you pass ROFR!!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:42 AM   #1185
DisneyGirlDownUnder
Earning My Ears

MEK: I know I'm late to write on here, but those balloon pics turned out lovely! Also I listened to your song and as a fellow songwriter, it was sooo good! I really enjoyed it

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: