Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #1156
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I love that doll-

Joan had a very special relationship with her last May- look, they are TWINS!

I need to go back and watch your video.....
OMG Ellen....This had me totally cracking up today at work , but I couldn't get the stupid computer to respond! I remember when you posted this picture, but I totally forgot about it!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #1157
MEK
DIS Veteran

So I have some really important news......BIG NEWS!
As Many of you know I have been stalking the Timeshare store for quite awhile. I never seem to find the perfect contract - too many points, too few points, not the right use year, totally stripped contract, wrong resort, ect, ect.

Well today (with Denny's blessing) I bought an 100 point contract for the VWL. Crazy, I know! But it was the perfect point amount, my use year - March, and all the points coming in 2011. Plus the price was right. VWL is not my first choice. In fact, I really wasn't crazy about the decor last May (although I enjoyed the location and all the outdoor areas). But you know what, Ranger Joe gave me a who new perspective on why the villas were themed that way. And I actually like the thought of spending some Christmas holidays there. Plus knowing that Walts old trains are right downstairs is very nostalgic.

So keep your fingers crossed that we pass ROFR!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #1158
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I have to admit part of me is a little sad about switching from the Swolphin. But. And it's a big BUT, given that I'm on a red eye, DME is a humongous plus. In my bleary eyed state, finding a different shuttle spot to depart from makes me cringe just thinking about it. Now really though...the swan at least looks like a swan, I must say. The Dolphin though...really isn't, it's actually a Mahi Mahi or Dolphin fish! And it's a rather ugly fish if you ask me. Those beds are Heavenly, I'll give them that, and rolling the luggage down to move to the BC did sounds kind of fun but I love saving money even more. I am uber excited to eat at bluezoo though...and have a blood orange martini! Or something equally as exotic. Steak huh? Who knew!

I am excited to stay at POR, I really hope we get the mansions. I'm looking forward to beignets and that boat to dinner, that will be a blast! And maybe a little yehaw! All never dones!

Reminds me, we should check out restaurant.com on coupons....maybe I'll do that today since I'm getting nothing else done. I actually took a sick day. I NEVER take sick days (unless it's to actually watch the kids lol) but just felt marginal at best and SO not into it so...there you go. It would be one thing if I was actually playing with the kids, it's they have break (all week) but instead I'm sitting here doing nothing useful.

I really need a vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! A real one. And I really need a couples only one. Pathetic when you take your sick day and look at potential trips the entire day. Of course nothing really pencils out...and I think that's what's making me sick!

That and the giant crate that is arriving on Friday...aka the plane. My DVC in a box. Sigh. Even though it's Jeff's deal, I think I'm a little stressed about it.

I digress. But it does explain the bazillion emails you all got from me today.

CONGRATS on your new contract!!!!!!!! Sending pixie dust that it flies through ROFR.

I've never taken the boat all the way from one to the other either. Boat to and from DHS to YC. I don't think we ever took the boat to Epcot, we always walked.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #1159
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post

OK, not to be cheeky, but isn't the swan the one with swans on top, and the dolphin the one with non-dolphins on it?? Just sayin'....
I like your "non-dolphins"! I remember shortly after that place opened and seeing those and thinking, "What the heck? Those aren't dolphins!!" My dad always said it looked more like a Carp.

Congratulations on your new DVC contract, hope it works out for you!

I Love those balloon pics that you took.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort

Last edited by rndmr2; 02-22-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #1160
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Fabulous photo boat tour! I do admit, I enjoy staying at the Swolphin (Swan, in particular). The Epcot resort area as a whole is gorgeous, I'm so happy to see it here! Makes me want to go back this minute.

Also, I adore that Queen of Hearts doll.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #1161
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I have to admit part of me is a little sad about switching from the Swolphin. But. And it's a big BUT, given that I'm on a red eye, DME is a humongous plus. In my bleary eyed state, finding a different shuttle spot to depart from makes me cringe just thinking about it. Now really though...the swan at least looks like a swan, I must say. The Dolphin though...really isn't, it's actually a Mahi Mahi or Dolphin fish! And it's a rather ugly fish if you ask me. Those beds are Heavenly, I'll give them that, and rolling the luggage down to move to the BC did sounds kind of fun but I love saving money even more. I am uber excited to eat at bluezoo though...and have a blood orange martini! Or something equally as exotic. Steak huh? Who knew!
Yeah - me too! But I wasn't too crazy about the whole Mears shuttle thing.
But I know I will have another opportunity to stay there and eating there really makes up for it! And I do love to save $. I always translate it into how many drinks I can buy with the $ I saved. And it would be awesome if Jen could drop us and our luggage off to get checked in. But I am OK with the regular transfer method.

Mahi Mahi! No wonder I get confused!

Bluezoo should be great. And I am all for a blood orange martini.

Quote:
I

I am excited to stay at POR, I really hope we get the mansions. I'm looking forward to beignets and that boat to dinner, that will be a blast! And maybe a little yehaw! All never dones!

I hope you like POR. I really think you will be pleasantly surprised. At least, I hope you will be. I just think the landscaping there is great and I do love the mansion section.

I promise you biegnets on arrival and I think the plan to go to DTD for dinner is great. And if we can catch a little Bob on the way home, even better. But this time I want my picture taken with him.

Quote:
Reminds me, we should check out restaurant.com on coupons....maybe I'll do that today since I'm getting nothing else done. I actually took a sick day. I NEVER take sick days (unless it's to actually watch the kids lol) but just felt marginal at best and SO not into it so...there you go. It would be one thing if I was actually playing with the kids, it's they have break (all week) but instead I'm sitting here doing nothing useful.
Yes - we should get the Bluezoo coupon when its the $2.00 special.

I hope today was restful for you. I hope you are feeling better.

Quote:

I really need a vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! A real one. And I really need a couples only one. Pathetic when you take your sick day and look at potential trips the entire day. Of course nothing really pencils out...and I think that's what's making me sick!

That and the giant crate that is arriving on Friday...aka the plane. My DVC in a box. Sigh. Even though it's Jeff's deal, I think I'm a little stressed about it.

I digress. But it does explain the bazillion emails you all got from me today.
I have been known to spend hours looking at vacation options as well. I spent hours looking at cruises and hours looking at a quick ski trip. So much wasted time because nothing panned out.

I think Denny definitely needs a vacation, so I am back to the drawing board trying to figure out what we can do together (or with Nick).

I hope you guys are able to work up a nice couples trip!

DVC in a box! And one that flies, too! Self transporting DVC!

I was bad with the emails today too because my student was in the OR so I had some breathing room.

Quote:
CONGRATS on your new contract!!!!!!!! Sending pixie dust that it flies through ROFR.
Thanks for the good wishes of plenty of pixie dust. I need it!

Quote:
I've never taken the boat all the way from one to the other either. Boat to and from DHS to YC. I don't think we ever took the boat to Epcot, we always walked.
Denny and I took the boat once from Epcot to HS. That was our grand 3 park day. We had been up early to MK, then to HS, then we decided to walk to Epcot to see the Candlelight Processional. When it ended and we started to leave I realized I had completely hit the wall and walking back to our car at HS was completely out of the question - hence the boat.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #1162
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I like your "non-dolphins"! I remember shortly after that place opened and seeing those and thinking, "What the heck? Those aren't dolphins!!" My dad always said it looked more like a Carp.
Mahi - mahi? Carp? You're right - it just looks like a super generic fish. So much so that I rarely notice it. Hence, my inability to figure out which building it which?

Quote:

Congratulations on your new DVC contract, hope it works out for you!
Thanks! I really hope its passes ROFR. Our first contract didn't and that was so disappointing. But if it doesn't, then it wasn't meant to be. Of course, with our first contract it was much easier to select a new one. With an add-on the options are much more limited.

Quote:
I Love those balloon pics that you took.
Thanks! I love taking balloon shots. You can never have too many!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Fabulous photo boat tour! I do admit, I enjoy staying at the Swolphin (Swan, in particular). The Epcot resort area as a whole is gorgeous, I'm so happy to see it here! Makes me want to go back this minute.
Well I know you are an Epcot resort gal. I really would like to try the Swolphin. I enjoy hearing from people who love those resorts. They are definitely on my must try list. I am really looking forward to dinner there and walking over from the BC and exploring in May.

I have some more boat tour pictures coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Also, I adore that Queen of Hearts doll.
I have to say, I was never really a fan of the Queen of Hearts until this trip. That doll is pretty cute. Very different. I know Jen Loves her.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #1163
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Hello Ladies!

i can't remember if I have posted on your TR, but I am seriously loving it! Sad its coming to an end.

And because I am in one of those moods, pictures of a dolphinfish and a picture from the Dolphin hotel:

I can sort of see the resemblance, but still think it was a stupid name for the hotel since many people don't know there is a dolphin and a dolphin fish. Can't wait to see how the rest of your trip turned out!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:55 PM   #1164
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
Hello Ladies!

i can't remember if I have posted on your TR, but I am seriously loving it! Sad its coming to an end.

And because I am in one of those moods, pictures of a dolphinfish and a picture from the Dolphin hotel:

I can sort of see the resemblance, but still think it was a stupid name for the hotel since many people don't know there is a dolphin and a dolphin fish. Can't wait to see how the rest of your trip turned out!
Wonders 10! OMG - Thank you for posting those pictures! They are Perfect! That is one scary looking fish! Did you catch that????? Nice job! I think I would have been afraid to touch it. If I saw that thing come out of the water I would probably drop the reel and run.

So glad you have been following our TR. It's been a lot of fun writing it. And we're not done yet, so stay tuned!

Old 02-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #1165
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

As usual I love your photos. I do love that boat ride, we always take it from DHS to the Boardwalk & Epcot.

I haven't heard of the Bluezoo. Where is it located?
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 02-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #1166
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
As usual I love your photos. I do love that boat ride, we always take it from DHS to the Boardwalk & Epcot.
Thanks! That boat ride was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it and I am glad we decided to take the ride over to Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post

I haven't heard of the Bluezoo. Where is it located?
This is terrible to admit - but I don't know whether it is in the Swan or the Dolphin. Let me go check...........

..............OK - Just checked and its actual in the Dolphin. Here's the website incase you're interested. It supposed to be really, really good!

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/bluezoo/

Old 02-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #1168
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
But I know I will have another opportunity to stay there and eating there really makes up for it! And I do love to save $. I always translate it into how many drinks I can buy with the $ I saved. And it would be awesome if Jen could drop us and our luggage off to get checked in. But I am OK with the regular transfer method.
exactly! I figure that change bought us each at least one blood orange martini, or burnt orange cocktail or whatever it's called.

Quote:
I hope you like POR. I really think you will be pleasantly surprised. At least, I hope you will be. I just think the landscaping there is great and I do love the mansion section.

I promise you biegnets on arrival and I think the plan to go to DTD for dinner is great. And if we can catch a little Bob on the way home, even better. But this time I want my picture taken with him.
It's all good, however it works out! I'm excited to stay there. We'd never do it on a family trip due to the double beds, so it's perfect!

Quote:
Yes - we should get the Bluezoo coupon when its the $2.00 special.
Christine might already have one so is going to check

Quote:
I hope today was restful for you. I hope you are feeling better.
I have been known to spend hours looking at vacation options as well. I spent hours looking at cruises and hours looking at a quick ski trip. So much wasted time because nothing panned out.

I think Denny definitely needs a vacation, so I am back to the drawing board trying to figure out what we can do together (or with Nick).

I hope you guys are able to work up a nice couples trip!
Well the kids had something last week they were fighting off and that's likely it. Usually when they are sick I don't even take the sick day, just work from home. Today I just didn't want to work or do anything and felt a little feverish, just kind of woozy and crabby for no reason. HOpefully I'll snap out of it, it's rather unbecoming lol. Actually what I REALLY hope is it dumps a ton of snow tonight so I "have" to stay home tomorrow too.

Not that I got anything done today other than being depressed about tring really hard to plan a couples trip and nothing really panning out that's reasonable.

We are long overdue.
Quote:
DVC in a box! And one that flies, too! Self transporting DVC!
Except he has to BUILD the thing in the box first. And frankly, flying it all the way to Orlando freaks me out a little, that's a lot of hopping! But realistically we are looking at 2 years to build it he thinks.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #1169
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Woohoo for your new contract!!!

to help you pass ROFR!!!

we've been constantly eyeing the DVC resale deals too. There were a couple great small ones for OKW and SSR but you would have to jump on those fast, they were gone in a flash!!
I'm not in a position to buy again for a while, but you never know, I could scrounge up a little $$ if the perfect deal came around! John from the podcast thinks that the resale market will get even better after March 21 when the new rules for resale usage go into effect. I can't remember the specifics, but his logic sounded good to me! Hope he's right!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #1170
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

You know what? I entirely missed your "AP Drama" post. Don't know how that happened.

Quote:
I think Glenn inspired me to dig a little deeper with the photobucket edits, and I really didn't like this picture much, so I changed it....

Well, good! Your pictures, and especially your angles are inspiring to me.

Quote:
This does not look at all like Oprah Winfrey. I mean, Come on?

If you would have told me it was Katie Couric, I'd have believed it. I'm dead serious. No way does that look like Oprah. Their Michael Landon is spot-on though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: