Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #1126
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
I hadn't forgotten you were going that week...I was just excited to see your announcement I'm not entirely certain the trip will happen but I got a great PIN code and wanted to lock in the rate. Still, I'm excited at the possibility of seeing you again, and getting another margarita!!
Totally excited about the possibility of meeting again and getting "another" Rita for you and "a first" for me. LOL - Kidding - Just cause I couldn't drink in May doesn't mean I haven't made up for it!

Congrats on the pin code!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
I
A cruise could be a fun way to spend turkey day (and I'm sure with kids on break, Disney jacks up their prices!) If the trip happens, we'll head down the day before Thanksgiving and spend a few days at my parents before heading to WDW.
Oh - that's so nice that you get to spend T'giving with your folks. That's perfect. We have friends who live in Daytona and I suggest to Denny that we might want to visit them for T'giving. That is if we are in Orlando on the actual holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I've been spending my morning getting caught up on all my trip report subscriptions. I can't believe that you waited almost an hour for a HS bus! Well, I guess I can because when we ate at Chef Mickey's a couple of years ago, we waited 50 minutes for a bus to DTD. We were, literally, running through DTD trying to get to Cirque du Soliel in time. Totally ticked me off!
Oh....That would be awful. I would hate to miss Cirque because of a bus. I actually almost missed Cirque last May and we didn't take the bus. We had a car, but everyone was goofing around and it took forever to leave. I did the same thing - mad dash to will call to pick up the tickets. Phew. Got there literally one minute before the show started.

Quote:
I'm sure you were glad you noticed the date on your AP. Like you said a moment for sure. At least the castmember was able to fix the problem.
I was so relieved. That was a very unsettling 20 minutes. I am so glad it worked out well. Hopefully no glitches in May.

Quote:

Hummm, I am sure there was other stuff I wanted to post but I'm having a brain fart and can't remember what it was.
I hear on that - I do the same thing. I think of 10 things I want to comment on, but can only remember three. Drives me crazy. I have to stop over on you TR to see if you finally got photobucket working.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 02-16-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #1127
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I hope not either! But it does happen....at least once a trip it seems.

Funny how that happens, isn't it?

Quote:
Oh no! That is awful for her! But seriously...it's almost like a comedy skit! How could she not see the sign?!?!
Seriously, it was like a comedy skit. Still, I am convinced that paint was already dry. That sign had been up since morning (saw it on my run) and it was hot that day.

Quote:

Loved your updates! I always tell myself I am going to not hold on during ToT, but I can't help it -- I just have to! I chicken at the last second and can't let go in fear the seat belt will let loose.

Yes, I know. Ridiculous.

Like I could hold myself down if the seat belt let loose!!!!!!!!! I KNOW this but my craZy logic takes over each and every ride. I am going to try again this time!!!
Well, if you don't hold yourself down in the seat you feel like you are in suspended animation - just hanging mid air. I think its a weird feeling. So I always push myself into the seat. And I have that undone seat belt fear too.

Quote:

So glad your AP ordeal got worked out. What a mess that could have been...ugh!

Beautiful pictures! I love the details you captured in DHS, it's got such interesting architecture.
I am so glad it all got worked out. It could have been a disaster. I am so glad I found the mistake and could spend the 20 mins to fix it.

Thanks for the compliment on the pictures. The park really does have a lot of interesting features and details. Especially ToT - that building is amazing.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #1128
MEK
DIS Veteran

I haven't DISed in a couple days, so I am behind again. The last couple of days have been really busy at work. Last night I worked on a new youtube video. I wanted to record a song with harmony and multiple instrument tracks. Its a little messy cause I couldn't get the voices to synch up very well. I made the second guitar a little too loud. But I actually put captions in with the words, so I think the video part turned out well. The recording is just a little sub par.

But the good news is I included some pictures from the AK and WL. Please watch if you have a couple minutes (4 to be exact)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS-trJ22pOc

Old 02-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #1129
KatMark
DIS Veteran

ME, I am SO far behind that I can't possibly comment. But I did skim and love the pictures at the Studios. I hate PACKING to go home too.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #1130
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Lovely video MEK!!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #1131
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
ME, I am SO far behind that I can't possibly comment. But I did skim and love the pictures at the Studios. I hate PACKING to go home too.
No problem. Catch up when you get a chance. I have to update my links. Plus I need to check back in on your PTR and see what's up. I know you have had a lot going on at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Lovely video MEK!!

Thanks SO MUCH for watching Michelle! I do appreciate it!

Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #1132
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Just watched the video and it's great. The lyrics are so beautiful and the pictures are simply gorgeous.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #1133
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Beautiful song Mary Ellen!!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #1134
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just watched the video and it's great. The lyrics are so beautiful and the pictures are simply gorgeous.
Thank you so much for watching!!!! I am trying to gradually convert all my songs into videos. I am just such a perfectionist that I hear every mistake. I would eventually like to have professional recordings made of my better songs using a bigger variety of instruments. But thank you so much for watching!!!!!!

Quote:
Beautiful song Mary Ellen!!!!
Thanks so much for listening Brooke! I am so glad you enjoyed it. I feel so honored when people listen to my music/ watch my videos. It's hard for me to judge if they are really worthy of posting. Although people post some crazy stuff on youtube!

Old 02-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #1135
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Very nice Mary Ellen. The pictures go so well with your song. I really like that type of music. Can you hear my applause?!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 02-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #1136
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Very nice Mary Ellen. The pictures go so well with your song. I really like that type of music. Can you hear my applause?!
Thank you for taking the time to listen. Yes - I think I can hear the applause. Seriously, thank you for listening!

Old 02-20-2011, 06:31 AM   #1138
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Fabulous DHS pics!!! I'll admit, I loved reading your TR's while I was at home - and I lurked a little on this one (have to finish catching up!) ...hope that doesn't sound too creepy! Can't wait to keep reading!!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #1140
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Beautiful song Mary Ellen!
Thanks glenn! Thanks for taking the time to listen. I really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Pretty video!!!!!!!!!! and as always, lovely lovely voice
Hey Cynthia - glad you enjoyed the video. I have been feeling the need to get more of my music recorded and posted on youtube. I decided to work on another song tonight, hence no update. But fortunately the song went well so if it still sounds OK tomorrow I can start working on its video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Fabulous DHS pics!!! I'll admit, I loved reading your TR's while I was at home - and I lurked a little on this one (have to finish catching up!) ...hope that doesn't sound too creepy! Can't wait to keep reading!!
Welcome! Thanks for joining in. And not creepy at all to lurk. That's what the boards are for. Glad you are enjoying the pics. I hope to do an update soon. I am turning into a slacker!

Last edited by MEK; 02-20-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: