Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #1111
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Mary Ellen - you don't have an Owner's Locker yet? You should try it!

And good luck getting me on ToT. I will happily hold purses and wait for you all outside.
I might help you hold those purses C!! I haven't ridden TOT in over a year!!! Wanting to ride it comes and goes and I'm in a go phase LOL!! I'll say a prayer for everyone else LOL!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 02-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #1112
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
OMG what a funny first update! I mean really, none of it actually sounds fun mind you but the butt picking (which is a nice ring shot actually) is hysterical. I mean really, white jeans or jeans shorts and you sit on a bench with a wet paint sign?

And the Alice tatoo?????

Oh My!
I am glad that Jen reminded me that the woman was picking her butt because she sat on white paint. I was starting to wonder exactly WHY I took a picture of someone's butt in the first. I mean....why was I even looking at that?

So many people wanted to sit on the wet paint bench. But here's the thing - I saw that sign out there at 8am in the morning. I knew that paint had to be dry in 2 hrs in the hot Florida sun so I was telling people - just go sit there!

Alice was a little peculiar? I mean, Come on? Oh well, whatever floats your boat.

Quote:

I've had waits like that and it's awful. 2009 at FW trying to get to AK, same exact thing. And I too do not understand why the bus drives can't radio back and do something about it but they really seem powerless.

They definitely need a system for situations like that. When everything is computerized and gps'd. It makes no sense.

Quote:
YIKES on the AP. It's funny though that you were able to get it fixed inside the park. Who would have though inside versus outside made a difference. Resort versus the park I can see but that's a bit surprising. Thank heavens you figured it out!

I could have had it fixed either place, but I think the fact that I had it upgraded inside the park somehow took the ticket back to its original package date - even though all I used on the ticket was the room entry and the dining credits. That's why the original cast member posted dated it to Sept 2009 with a 2010 expiration.

Quote:
Mary Ellen - you don't have an Owner's Locker yet? You should try it!

Yeah - I really should. I'm pretty sure the only reason I haven't gotten one is that 2 bags fly free on SWA. That allows me to sherpa more stuff. Perhaps the next time we go as a family (or Denny and I) I will get one. I'd probably use it mostly for alcoholic beverages, although it sure would be nice to have real coffee mugs and a flat iron in there.

Quote:
And good luck getting me on ToT. I will happily hold purses and wait for you all outside.
I figured you would opt out since you don't love the thrill rides, but you can still walk through the queue with us and get me nervous. Because I ALWAYS get nervous on that ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I might help you hold those purses C!! I haven't ridden TOT in over a year!!! Wanting to ride it comes and goes and I'm in a go phase LOL!! I'll say a prayer for everyone else LOL!!!
What - You Too!!!!! And then there were 4. I know Cynthia and Tracy will ride. What about Melissa? Does she ride?

I go through phases, too. And I could easily chicken out, but I have to do it. It's therapy for me because of my real life anxiety issues.

So you can walk through the queue too and get me nervous with C!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 02-14-2011 at 06:01 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #1113
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Thank goodness you noticed the dates! I don't know what I would have done....you know how sometimes you can look at something and not see it....that would have been me

Considering you may have still been a little hung over...your pictures are amazing as usual.....and I have to agree...it looks nothing like Oprah!
Old 02-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #1114
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---

Where were we? Oh yes, DHS.

MEK is right. There was the stress level was high today. Heat and crowds, combined with last day packing, checking flight status, and knowing there is an airport to navigate later = last day craziness.

No matter, we were still in WDW and our time was not going to be wasted on stress. We shook off the morning and moved deeper in DHS.

I love this store! We venture in here later.

This is another good place to take a good look around and notice the details.

I honestly don't remember what we did in DHS I don't understand MEK's FP chosing technique but I went with it

Knowing this was the last day of my last trip for who-knows-how-long I started looking at souvies and taking pics of UPC's in case I needed to order something I saw in the park at a later date.

I might need one of these:

Mmm... or these!

In fact, speaking of Mickey rice krispie treats, I wonder if I can have one shipped to me? I'm sure I could make one myself, but where is the fun in that? And the one MEK took a pic of is not the one I was looking for, the one I wanted was in MK and I saw it the day before but alas, it was too late in the trip to start a cereal treat that size!

I love the candy store display!

Yup, we walked by Starring Rolls in search of food.

I wish I had a pic of a sign from every park like this!

I noticed this sign and was wondering why a warning to step down and not to step up; because I'm more likely to trip going up the steps!

Polar opposites.

One more sign shot before we picked up the personalized ear hats for my nieces and headed out; NOT by bus!

D4D
Old 02-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #1115
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Mary Ellen & Jen, you two take some of the most interesting photos. Mary I can see you getting better & better the more pictures that you take. I think that you have botten the hand of it!

I just love TOT, my DH & i have ridden it so many times. The on that I won't ride is RRC, don't like coasters that go upside down.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 02-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #1116
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Thank goodness you noticed the dates! I don't know what I would have done....you know how sometimes you can look at something and not see it....that would have been me

That is exactly what happened. It did not register that the date was 2010, not 2011. If I hadn't been waiting for that bus for so long I really don't think I would have checked the dates at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post

Considering you may have still been a little hung over...your pictures are amazing as usual.....and I have to agree...it looks nothing like Oprah!
I'm glad you like the pics. I have such fun taking them.
to the Oprah bust. I think it looks more like June Cleaver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Mary Ellen & Jen, you two take some of the most interesting photos. Mary I can see you getting better & better the more pictures that you take. I think that you have botten the hand of it!
Thanks! I am trying to get better. I would love to take a course or class. I think it would be so beneficial. Someday! Hopefully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post

I just love TOT, my DH & i have ridden it so many times. The on that I won't ride is RRC, don't like coasters that go upside down.
Isn't that funny. I don't mind going upside down on roller coasters, but I am inherently fearful of dropping at a fast rate of speed. I just think its interesting what appeals to or causes fear in different people. I would love to be a completely fearless of all thrill rides, but that will never happen.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 02-13-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #1117
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Oh, the last day is so bittersweet!

Kathy
Old 02-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #1118
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Oh, the last day is so bittersweet!

Kathy
Hey Kathy!

How true! How true!
Our last day actually turned out to be a really nice day, despite the bad start. I think we knew our trip was over so we used up the rest of the day just taking in the sights and sounds. It was really enjoyable.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #1119
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

What an ordeal with the AP! I am glad you were able to work it all out though. Whew! Not to mention what a blessing it was that you noticed the mistake before you left the World.

Love all the old photos of Hollywood in Guest Services. Very neat touch!

Well, I have to say having no agenda while at DHS certainly paid off for all of us with all those great photos you took!

Okay, I am sure I will be gripping the handrails for dear life when I am forced to go on TOT. LOL!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #1120
manntra
DIS Veteran

Love your waiting for the bus pictures!!! Alice really does look demented!! I see a little charm bracelet off to the left of her with the little bottle that says 'drink me.' I was always very good at playing I Spy

@ Glenn...I had to go back and look at the parachute guy...he really does look like he was about to crash into BLT

Very, very nice shots...even for being hungover and errrr moody

Thankfully you cleared up the AP mishap....I happened to look at mine last week knowing that my renewal is soon....how odd. It was nice because last year I got an extra three months or something like that

I have been putting stuff away for my OL....I will ship it down in a box for when we are there. I will still probably check a bag anyways Seriously there are certain things I want there....pool bags, plastic wine glasses, detergent, full size beach towels, flat iron and so on...that way I can just focus on what I want to wear and buy when I am there

I actually enjoy HS....I love the atmosphere...that it is a smaller park and easy to get from one place to another...and of course I LOVE TOT Could go on it over and over and over again... But that is okay....that is what my niece is for in October My favorite is when you go up first instead of drop...very unexpected

Tracy
Old 02-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #1121
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So here's some good news. Denny agreed to go back to Disney in November of 2011 right after Thanksgiving and before Christmas! He said he will be ready to go back by then. lol! I pitched my idea of the one night premium or platinum package and I thinks he's in. So 2 nights regular resort (he actually requested POR - go figure, but yeah!) and 3 nights DVC. I am super psyched cause I got the may trip with the East meet West girls, then sept/early October with the soccer moms (we may go to HH and savannah instead of Disney), and then November with the Denster! Can you say super WOOT? I can and I can say it more than once. WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!
OK yeah, so I am just finding this now but I booked this week and there is still a chance it won't work out but I figured it was ticker worthy!! Think Denny will loan you to me for a night? My parents will be with us for a few days and maybe for my b-day present they will take the boys for a few hours!! Maybe a redo on the cave?

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 02-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #1122
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
What an ordeal with the AP! I am glad you were able to work it all out though. Whew! Not to mention what a blessing it was that you noticed the mistake before you left the World.
Tell me about it! I would have been sick if I hadn't noticed until I got home. That would have horrible and so stressful! It was blessing indeed.

Quote:

Love all the old photos of Hollywood in Guest Services. Very neat touch!
Aren't they great! That was the one plus to spending 20 mins in guest services. I got to peruse everything in there. It is a great touch!

Quote:

Well, I have to say having no agenda while at DHS certainly paid off for all of us with all those great photos you took!
And there are more. I have quite a few more! Shocking, I know!

Quote:

Okay, I am sure I will be gripping the handrails for dear life when I am forced to go on TOT. LOL!
IMO there is NOTHING wrong with gripping those handrails. I like to STAY in my seat. thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Love your waiting for the bus pictures!!! Alice really does look demented!! I see a little charm bracelet off to the left of her with the little bottle that says 'drink me.' I was always very good at playing I Spy

Crazy demented! Just so weird. Really - there is a bracelet that says "drink me". I have to go back and look at that.

Quote:
@ Glenn...I had to go back and look at the parachute guy...he really does look like he was about to crash into BLT
He really does. I guess I didn't realize it because I saw him fly behind the building.

Quote:

Very, very nice shots...even for being hungover and errrr moody
Thanks.....I think! Fortunately my bad mood didn't last that long. Honestly, out of everything that happened, I think my son texting me that he was sick bothered me the most. I could roll with the rest of the stuff.

Quote:
:
Thankfully you cleared up the AP mishap....I happened to look at mine last week knowing that my renewal is soon....how odd. It was nice because last year I got an extra three months or something like that
Three extra months???? Nice. I do remember for awhile they were doing that promotion where you got 3 extra months, so maybe you renewed then. If they do that again I will definitely renew in September. If not, I think I will wait. I'm not sure what's happening with my girls fall trip. One of my friends is on a tight budget because her DH was out of work for away, so the park ticket and airfare might be too much. We may end up at HHI.

Quote:
:used:

I have been putting stuff away for my OL....I will ship it down in a box for when we are there. I will still probably check a bag anyways Seriously there are certain things I want there....pool bags, plastic wine glasses, detergent, full size beach towels, flat iron and so on...that way I can just focus on what I want to wear and buy when I am there

ahhhh....wine glasses - great idea. In fact, I was going to look for some fun glasses at the dollar store. Hopefully the spring/summer stuff will out be soon. Detergent is a great idea too and you can never have too many beach towels.

Quote:
:
I actually enjoy HS....I love the atmosphere...that it is a smaller park and easy to get from one place to another...and of course I LOVE TOT Could go on it over and over and over again... But that is okay....that is what my niece is for in October My favorite is when you go up first instead of drop...very unexpected

Tracy
Well I am good for at least one ride. I might try a second if you twist my arm.

Going up first is fun. I like that because I know the big "stomach in the mouth" drop is close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
OK yeah, so I am just finding this now but I booked this week and there is still a chance it won't work out but I figured it was ticker worthy!! Think Denny will loan you to me for a night? My parents will be with us for a few days and maybe for my b-day present they will take the boys for a few hours!! Maybe a redo on the cave?
No - I told you we were going....on your TR. We already have a reservation.
Yeah - you booked! It sounded like you weren't completely sure. That's great!!!!

Denny will be thrilled to get rid of me for a night. A Redo on the cave sounds great.

But listen to this - Denny really wants to go on a cruise now so we are toying with taking one over November. I don't think that will work out because my eldest son will be in limbo and be on break from college, but I have no idea which dates and for how long. We are actually considering doing a cruise right over thanksgiving week. Unfortunately, it probably won't be a Disney cruise. They are really expensive that week. If we book through someone else we can have two separate rooms and go cheaper.

So - right now I have our after T'giving reservation, but who knows what's going to happen. I promise to keep you posted. One way or another I am going SOMEWHERE!

Old 02-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #1123
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No - I told you we were going....on your TR. We already have a reservation.
Yeah - you booked! It sounded like you weren't completely sure. That's great!!!!

Denny will be thrilled to get rid of me for a night. A Redo on the cave sounds great.

But listen to this - Denny really wants to go on a cruise now so we are toying with taking one over November. I don't think that will work out because my eldest son will be in limbo and be on break from college, but I have no idea which dates and for how long. We are actually considering doing a cruise right over thanksgiving week. Unfortunately, it probably won't be a Disney cruise. They are really expensive that week. If we book through someone else we can have two separate rooms and go cheaper.

So - right now I have our after T'giving reservation, but who knows what's going to happen. I promise to keep you posted. One way or another I am going SOMEWHERE!
I hadn't forgotten you were going that week...I was just excited to see your announcement I'm not entirely certain the trip will happen but I got a great PIN code and wanted to lock in the rate. Still, I'm excited at the possibility of seeing you again, and getting another margarita!!

A cruise could be a fun way to spend turkey day (and I'm sure with kids on break, Disney jacks up their prices!) If the trip happens, we'll head down the day before Thanksgiving and spend a few days at my parents before heading to WDW.

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 02-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #1124
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I've been spending my morning getting caught up on all my trip report subscriptions. I can't believe that you waited almost an hour for a HS bus! Well, I guess I can because when we ate at Chef Mickey's a couple of years ago, we waited 50 minutes for a bus to DTD. We were, literally, running through DTD trying to get to Cirque du Soliel in time. Totally ticked me off!

I'm sure you were glad you noticed the date on your AP. Like you said a moment for sure. At least the castmember was able to fix the problem.

Hummm, I am sure there was other stuff I wanted to post but I'm having a brain fart and can't remember what it was.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #1125
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
We started telling the other bus drivers, but it seemed like there was nothing they could do or where even interested in. I really don't know what the problem was, but I hope it doesn't happen to you in a few weeks.
I hope not either! But it does happen....at least once a trip it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post
There is a slight story to the butt picking picture: she was sitting on a bench with a "wet paint" sign on it, and guess what happened? She got paint on her butt - surprise!

D4D
Oh no! That is awful for her! But seriously...it's almost like a comedy skit! How could she not see the sign?!?!

Loved your updates! I always tell myself I am going to not hold on during ToT, but I can't help it -- I just have to! I chicken at the last second and can't let go in fear the seat belt will let loose.

Yes, I know. Ridiculous.

Like I could hold myself down if the seat belt let loose!!!!!!!!! I KNOW this but my craZy logic takes over each and every ride. I am going to try again this time!!!

So glad your AP ordeal got worked out. What a mess that could have been...ugh!

Beautiful pictures! I love the details you captured in DHS, it's got such interesting architecture.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: