Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #1051
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Ladies, if I took pictures half as good as you sober like you do tipsy, then I'd probably make a zillion dollars as a pro.... Just sayin'.

Original is def. best.... partly because of the hilarious story behind it. totally something I'd do, without half a dozen drinks.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #1052
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Ahhhh I love the cuckoo clocks too.....come to think of it I remember one being in my grandparents house in Florida (my Dad still owns it ) I will have to ask him about that.....
When I was a little girl I wanted a cuckoo clock bad. I was like 3 yrs old and kept asking for one. finally I got one for Christmas. I loved that clock.
Now I would think it would be extremely annoying.

Quote:
I would have had to order the baklava from Kouzzina because I have nooooooooo idea how to say what you ordered!! I love Iron Chef too Basically I just love food
I hear ya on that. I couldn't even try to pronounce that word with a straight face.

I food, too. Probably a little too much!

Quote:

Wow Jen...what a steady hand you had for the fireworks They came out great!!

Tracy
She didn't waver a bit, did she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post
I do! I do have pics of the finished pearls, let me get them uplaoded and I will post them. I don't know about anyone else, but the pick-a-pearl in Japan is like a jewelry slot machine! I can never resist!

D4D
Yeah! I was hoping you had pictures because I took not a one. That surprises me because those girls were hysterical! That whole banging on the drum thing cracked me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Now that I am "unburied" from the snow, I am playing catch up. Mary Ellen and Jen--sounds as if you had a "giddy" time walking around WS and I epsecially love your photos of the Boardwalk and Illimunations.

How much snow did you get out there Kathy? That looked ridiculous! I bet its pretty, but there's such a thing as too much snow.

We did have a giddy time. It was sooooooo much fun! Wish we were back there right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I like the Andy Warhol effect of the first pictures of Jen. That was a cool effect. The others make Jen look like she has some weird disease!
That and she looks like she has some serious buck teeth. I promise to change her back to normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Ladies, if I took pictures half as good as you sober like you do tipsy, then I'd probably make a zillion dollars as a pro.... Just sayin'.
I think Jen could go pro. She definitely has the eye for taking an interesting shot.

Quote:
Original is def. best.... partly because of the hilarious story behind it. totally something I'd do, without half a dozen drinks.
Yup - I could see you with that hat on your head and loving it.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2011, 10:32 PM   #1053
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
How much snow did you get out there Kathy? That looked ridiculous! I bet its pretty, but there's such a thing as too much snow.

We did have a giddy time. It was sooooooo much fun! Wish we were back there right now.

20 inches...and 5 foot drifts in the backyard and on our driveway.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #1054
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
20 inches...and 5 foot drifts in the backyard and on our driveway.
Holy crap! So I asked Denny what our highest snowfall total was and he said 30 inches. So I googled it and heres what I found.

The National Weather Service reports from New Castle Country Airport that the storm of 2010 is the highest ever recorded in the area at 25 inches and tops the record from January 1996 of 22 inches.

So we beat you last yr. Yikes. Hope you got that driveway plowed!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #1055
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great

Quote:
Yup - I could see you with that hat on your head and loving it.
I was afraid you'd see it that way.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #1057
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was afraid you'd see it that way.

Look what I found on another trip report.......

I'm not sure which I like better ....the hat or these?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I got woozy on a margarita at WS one year....made the World look a whole lot different
Funny how alcohol has that effect????? Perhaps you needed a pair of those glasses to straighten things out a bit!

Old 02-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #1058
MEK
DIS Veteran

A Recap of Day 5

I enjoyed my Day 4 Recap so much, I decided to write a Day 5 Recap. Well, not actually write one, but show 25 pictures that will retell the story. We only have one more day to write about, so here goes.

Day 4 Started with another spectacular sunrise over Bay Lake

Followed by a close up shot of Drench (I mean Splash) Mountain.

While Jen caught a few more ZZZZZZ, I went for a quick run and then we strolled over to MK for the Opening Ceremony.

After the Opening Ceremony it was time for a hearty breakfast at Kona.

Then it was on to the GF for a little pool time.

One of the highlights of our day was getting a sneak peak of the wedding chapel

After a lovely afternoon at the GF we headed back to BLT, changed, and made our way over to Epcot to enjoy a couple of KP Missions before dinner.

Our first stop was Norway, where we saved the world, again!

Of course, we enjoyed a few adult beverages.

Maybe, a few too many adult beverages because soon we were laughing at the singing beer steins....

....all while trying to wear adult beverages on our heads!

Before long, it was time to wonder over to our dinner ADR at

where we enjoyed yummy food and drinks.

After dinner we spent a few moments enjoying the sights and sounds of the boardwalk.

Upon Entering Epcot we headed over to Japan to pick a pearl. Sorry, I have no pictures to post to commemorate this event, so you'll have to take my word for it.

Finally, we headed back to China to drop off our kimmunicator and catch a bit of the Illuminations fireworks high in the sky.

And that, my friends, is Day 5 in a nut shell!

Up Next - Our final Day! A wild goose case to find the missing battery, a really loooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggg wait for a bus, an AP crisis diverted, and one final visit to our favorite park of the trip! Stayed tuned for more fun and lots of last day pictures!

Old 02-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #1060
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What a great great day, maybe my favorite of your trip so far! The fun factor just ooozes out of every picture.
Awwh....Thanks. We really did make the best of our last day. Of course, I paid for it a little bit the next day, but it was worth it!

Old 02-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #1061
manntra
DIS Veteran

Stunning pictures Mary Ellen Love your recap I really want to stay at "the sandwich resort" in October so that we can pool hop

The weather here today has me really hankering for our May trip...between that and your pictures today I am like I am a drowned rat today after work....but in the end it was worth it because I sold 3 cars...but still I am a mess!!

If we are going to have a prize for our drinking game I would prefer the glasses over the hat.....just sayin'

Tracy

Last edited by manntra; 02-05-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #1062
All7OfUs

Such a lovely day- the whole lot of it. From sun- up to sun-down there were just beautiful pictures and a whole lotta fun. Looking forward to finding out what your last day held for you two!!

Old 02-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #1063
All7OfUs

Quote:

Look what I found on another trip report.......

I'm not sure which I like better ....the hat or these?????

Funny how alcohol has that effect????? Perhaps you needed a pair of those glasses to straighten things out a bit!
Awwww, now why didn't Tate and I see THOSE??!!!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #1064
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Fabulous photos and fabulous report!

Kathy
Old 02-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #1065
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

woo hoo for day 5! It sounds like the perfect Disney day!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: