Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #91
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

I'm not gonna lie. We weren't super interested in taking pictures of the room at the time of arrival. We just wanted to put our stuff in the room, unload the sherpa cooler, and get our vacation started. Our room was nice, although the cover to the refrig was really banged up and the door opened backward. What's up with that???????

I found out immediately that both Jen and I are crazy picture takers. We stop anywhere, anytime, and click......Just so we can add another digital image to our over burdened memory cards. Why? Because we can! I think the fact that we both had the same photography style helped us be compatible for this trip.
That pool looks pretty, I don't think I've seen pictures of it before. I can't blame you for wanting to just GO, that's how I am when I arrive!

on the picture taking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post

Mary Ellen for bringing the mugs! I apologize to those of you who would be that we'd bring mugs from a different trip; now get over it and move on.

When did I have my toddler moment? I believe that was at POFQ after we filled our mugs up. There were a couple more toddler moments later in the trip. What's a toddler moment you ask? I was holding my mug in the crook of my arm when I bent over to pick something up. Guess what happens when you do that? Yes, you spill whatever is in the mug! I see my toddler do this all the time and he can never figure out how it happened
Toddler moment

I love it!

Very over it on the mugs lol! Although I suppose I'll have to see if they have a new design by may or not, it may be a single use after all. I figure since I've bought 7 of those suckers over the last 18 months, if I can re-use one, one time...Disney still came out WAY ahead. Though I like your "hard stuff" justification better.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #92
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

That is the best EoS pic I think I've ever seen....droooooooooooooool!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #93
*dreamit*doit*
Mouseketeer

Ok, caught up! Great start Mary Ellen and Jen! Loving all the pics already!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:02 PM   #94
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Well I'm All caught up while I sit here at mco waiting for our replacement plane. Because ours was broken. Found that out as I was reaading about 9/11. Niice. Ok looks like were boarding . Ttys!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #95
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post

D4D[/COLOR][/size]
Very yummy looking indeed! Love that pic. Wait till I post mine. It's like all wrapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *dreamit*doit* View Post
Wow! Where have I been?? Well, I'm here now - going back to catch up!
Nathalie! You are not late at all. We just got this party started! Woot! I hope you enjoy because its a tag team TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Jen I just had lunch but I could go for about half of that sandwich!! I cannot wait to get back to EOS and dig into that Hawaiian BBQ !!! Mmmmmmm

Tracy
Wouldn't it be fun to try every EOS sandwich at least once! Hawaiian BBQ sounds delish and it won't be long now for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Only about a week late, but I just found your new report. Now to get caught up!
Glen! You can never be late for this TR!!!!!! So glad you found us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Jen, that sandwich looks soooo yummy! I've never been to EOS!! I'm really hoping to try it in a few weeks!
You will LOVE EOS. It's really good (and conveniently close to the rita bar).

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
That pool looks pretty, I don't think I've seen pictures of it before. I can't blame you for wanting to just GO, that's how I am when I arrive!

on the picture taking.

Its not the best pool picture, but it is such a cool pool and resort. I love that place. Seriously, I could go back there anytime and I think its my new official "one-nighter" room. Well, expect for the Dolphin in May!

Quote:

Toddler moment

I love it!
Fortunately she didn't have too many of THOSE moments!

Quote:

Very over it on the mugs lol! Although I suppose I'll have to see if they have a new design by may or not, it may be a single use after all. I figure since I've bought 7 of those suckers over the last 18 months, if I can re-use one, one time...Disney still came out WAY ahead. Though I like your "hard stuff" justification better.
I think they will have a new one by May because these mugs have been around for awhile. It's probably going to go with whatever their new theme is. Seriously 7 mugs X $15 - you deserve free soda for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
That is the best EoS pic I think I've ever seen....droooooooooooooool!
Jen's got that food picture thing down! she knows how to pose the food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *dreamit*doit* View Post
Ok, caught up! Great start Mary Ellen and Jen! Loving all the pics already!
Thanks. I am glad you are enjoying so far. We have many, many more pics to share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Well I'm All caught up while I sit here at mco waiting for our replacement plane. Because ours was broken. Found that out as I was reaading about 9/11. Niice. Ok looks like were boarding . Ttys!
I was just over on your TR and I wondered why your light was still on. Broke plane.......that explains it! Bad timing of the 911 post I guess. Here's to a safe flight!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #96
MEK
DIS Veteran

In search of Rita

The one thing I wanted - really, REALLY wanted was a margarita at the rita shack in DTD. When Jen said, "What do you want to do first?" I said, "rita shack please".

I took a few more pics before we got off the boat.....

We found the shack without incident. At one point Jen questioned whether it would be open. It was 5 pm, so no worries. We walked right up to an empty shack with two cast members. I was a bit indecisive so I asked the CM's what the best rita was and they said the classic (or classico or something like that). Sold. It was perfect. Great flavor. Just the right amount of salt.

Jen posed my rita with her rum runner......

And just in case you can't decide which one you like better.......

We sat down and enjoyed the view for a couple minutes.

But we were STARVING at that point. All I had eaten all day was a 1/2 bagel and the crappy McD's chicken sandwich at the airport. So we set off to EOS. You already saw Jen's sammy. Well, I went a different direction. I got the Mediterranean tuna salad sandwich and it was so good. It has feta cheese, greek olives, and this yummy sauce surrounded by a wrap. So good, but very very messy.

OK - not the best picture because I had already devoured half of it. It's mostly wrapper. Sorry about that!

After we ate we finished our yummy drinks and enjoyed the first few moments of real vacation.

While I was sitting there I took a picture of the balloon, but it didn't turn out so thanks to wonderful world of photo editing, here is my balloon pic.....

Once we finished our drinks we heard a familiar call.....the call of shopping....

Our first stop.....

This was my first visit to the Basin. Yeah, I know, I lead a sheltered life. Jen swears by the bath bombs.

I was more interested in all the cute bars of soap.....

Decisions, decisions....but I finally settled on the yellow one....

Something so festive about Mickey's on soap!

I almost forgot - our first stop was actually guest services so Jen could get her reward dollars. Then we took a look in arriba's...

They have some really cool things here.....

THEN we went to the Basin. Sorry for the foggy memory, but I am certain I know where we went last.....

This store is always so crazy busy full of people. In a short amount of time it is complete sensory overload for me, but in the meantime I took a bunch of pictures........

continued.........

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 09-29-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:29 PM   #97
MEK
DIS Veteran

In search of Rita (continued)

When Brian was younger he used to collect baseballs whenever we went to Disney. He doesn't really care about them anymore, but personally I think the make a great sovie....

Jen and I developed a tad of a crush on the vinylmation guys.....

Some of them are so darn cute. Disney marketing at its best!

Here is the mug I bought in May that got broken in two weeks. Before the end of the trip I had a new one in m hot little hands....

You'll never guess where I got it??????? I should make that a contest. Too bad I don't have any cool prizes! Ah, well, take a guess anyway.

There were so many cute T's to choose from.....

I am a sucker for halloween decorations......

This was actually a design in the wall......

Remember the gnome days? What ever happened to that gnome?

Hidden Mickey in one of the displays.....

Oh how I would love one of these.......

I did buy a couple cool postcards here, but i didn't take pictures of them. I love to collect the post cards because they make a nice inexpensive souvie and I frame them and keep them on my Disney shelf.

By now I was getting a little antsy so I texted Jen to tell her I was taking a bio break. As soon as I walked outside what did I see?

The sun was just setting. By the time I got my camera out I missed the last little sparkle go down behind the clouds, but the sky sure was beautiful.

Jen and I met up at Tren-D. So many cute things in there.

When we got outside the last of the pink sky was fading fast but I managed to get a couple of quick pics......

Night time at DTD but we still had a few more shops to visit......

Up Next...More of DTD and Be-bopping along with Bob!

Old 09-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #98
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Love your Andy Warhol-esque balloon shots! Very neat!

Pumpkin Mickey soap??? Sigh. That's what I need at my house.

Enjoyed all the shopping pics -- it is always fun to virtually shop on the DIS!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #99
manntra
DIS Veteran

Great Rita and RR pictures!! I can almost taste them!!

Happy you finally made it through the doors at Basin The vanilla soap was a good start.....I really love the bath bombs too....especially if you are staying in a 1br villa and have the jacuzzi tub Hey Melissa needs to try them instead of bubbles

What a beautiful sunset...nothing like a Florida sky!!

Those little vinylmations are so cute but I would want too many

I could spend hours in TrenD....there is so much to look at from the displays to all of the unique merchandise.....well maybe not hours but you know what I mean

pictures

Tracy
Old 09-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #100
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

OMG amazing pictures of DTD! I must go to that margarita shack, I always walk by it when I'm there but I never stop!

I've only been in Basin once and never bought anything, I kind of just walked through, and after seeing those Mickey soap pics, I have to go in there and get one! So cute!

Love the sunset pictures! And I want one of those Disney D&B purses sooooo bad...I'm hoping I have enough $$$ in November to at least get a wristlet!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 09-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #101
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Love your Andy Warhol-esque balloon shots! Very neat!

Pumpkin Mickey soap??? Sigh. That's what I need at my house.

Enjoyed all the shopping pics -- it is always fun to virtually shop on the DIS!
Thanks for the Basin pics....
Shocker thanks you too!
Jackie, if I can get down there, would you like a bar? It won't be until the end of Oct...
Old 09-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #102
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---

I love DTD! We usually make it the stop for our last day but this time it was our first stop.

As we approached the Rita stand is was looking awfully quiet and shuttered up. But as we came around the corner we saw otherwise; it was open! She got the yellow one and I took the red one then we marched off to EOS for some grub. I debated between the Hawaiian BBQ, the Cannonballs!, or the All American. The All American won out, and it was an excellent choice. Then again I've never had a bad sandwich at EOS.

We had a lovely view while we munched away.

All fueled up we hit Guest Relations. I got my Disney Rewards transferred onto a Visa card and that $250 went a long way. I was very happy to have it! Mary Ellen checked about how to get her upgrade and was told that she had to do it at a park. Also, MNSSHP tickets had to be called about, something, something... I wasn't really paying attention at that point.

This is the coolest glassware! They also made a cool ornament like this and I may have to call and get one.

Fortunately, Basin is next door! I am a bath bomb addict. I have a huge soaking tub at my house and these are fabulous. I was hoping to find some small eucalyptus bath bombs for my boys to use this winter but they weren't there. Instead I got 3 bombs with Mickey shaped confetti in them.

From there we moved on to WOD! And I am on the look out for a LARGE pen. I mean large - huge - obnoxious - pen. I have one right now on my desk at work and the surgeon uses it after he dictates the case and he loves that pen. He loves it because it's always there and it never walks. It's hard to steal a foot long pen and not be noticed. I don't know what to do when it runs out of ink!

If anyone sees a foot long pen about 1.5 inches in diameter at WDW, pick me up 2. I'll pay you back for them

We kept seeing these everywhere. What the heck is Vinylmation? Another thing to buy/trade/collect from WDW. Thanks. I've already got a pin habit, now I need these monkeys on my back!

Never made it in here, darn. Missed out on a free chocolate too, I bet.

In Trend-D; which didn't particularly interest me. Except for this table.

At some point Mary Ellen noticed lightning in the distance. I didn't see it but apparantly the boat captains saw it too, becuase they were congregated at the waiting area by the docks, informing people that the boats were not running. Due to lightning I told them some people might be willing to take their chances riding in a metal boat on the water with lightning around. You could call it the Boatride of Terror! They thought it was funny, but it did not get us on the boat.

On the way to the bus stop there's the Christmas shop, the Art of Disney, and Goofy's Candy Store - so we stopped in all of them on the way!

Dude, I want this.

I was looking for a large Mickey rice krispie treat to snack on for the rest of the trip but this was not it. One of these is $50 Soooo..... I figured I would get one at MK the next day and take a pic of it every night after I hacked a piece off for dessert. Don't get excited folks - that didn't happen. I look forward to doing that on my next trip (whenever that is) but feel free to steal the idea!

D4D

Old 09-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #103
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
The sun was just setting. By the time I got my camera out I missed the last little sparkle go down behind the clouds, but the sky sure was beautiful.

GREAT SHOT! I love the one with the boat, the composition is great and the texture of the water is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK
When we got outside the last of the pink sky was fading fast but I managed to get a couple of quick pics......

Another one to
D4D
Old 09-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #104
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

You both take beautiful pictures!

We just stayed at POFQ in Feb and I didn't near enough pictures. Thanks for posting more. We did have a greeter in the mornings, but never at night.

Lovely boat ride to DTD. We really enjoyed his relaxing ride with so many things to see along the way.

Your drinks look refreshing and your dinner looks delish.

And shopping pictures! So many wonderful things to wish for. I went in Basin for the first time in Feb too. I will most definitely be going there more often now.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 09-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #105
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Thought I would jump in since this one is just begining! All these pics are STUNNING. I am in awe!! Makes me want to have a "big girl trip"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: