Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #1021
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Nice pictures of the Boardwalk. I would love to be able to stay there one day.

Me DH DD DS
Old 01-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #1022
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Ok...so let me make sure I have this right....you were IN Mexico, and you got a frozen made out of chemical psuedo margarita INSTEAD OF taking five more minutes and getting a REAL Rita in the Ditch in a to go cup?????

You should hang your heads in SHAME, Delaware girls!!!!

I'm glad you liked Kouzzina- I have yet to try it because I read sooooooo many awful reviews. Maybe I'll go in November.

And thanks for all the GORGEOUS pics of my new home- we closed on our BWV contract on Saturday. Just waiting for the points to be deposited.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #1023
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

You always manage to find the most interesting drinks in Epcot! I would never think of looking in Morocco for drinks! And the tea stand in China is somewhere I definitely need to stop on my next trip!

Kouzinna looks good, I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try it though!

Love your pics of the Boardwalk, it's so pretty over there!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #1024
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Sounds like a fun last evening!
Glad you enjoyed Kouzzina. We ate there in Sept (same situation only place we could get a last minute adr) and none of us cared for it.
We did have a really fun evening!

Let's just say that the wine flight really helped make it a fun dinner. I love the wine flights. It just enough flavor to cleanse the pallet and then you are on to a new taste.

Kouzzina was not my fav restaurant of the trip, but I would go back again to try something less spicy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post

Love the night pics of Boardwalk! Such a beautiful resort
And you are so lucky for being able to stay there. I can't wait to try beach club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Nice pictures of the Boardwalk. I would love to be able to stay there one day.
Me too! I am trying the Beach club villas in May and I would really like to try the Boardwalk soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Ok...so let me make sure I have this right....you were IN Mexico, and you got a frozen made out of chemical psuedo margarita INSTEAD OF taking five more minutes and getting a REAL Rita in the Ditch in a to go cup?????

You should hang your heads in SHAME, Delaware girls!!!!
I thought I told you that. I seriously did not realize that you could get the Ditch Ritas to go and I didn't know the ones at the stand were so substandard. I definitely won't make that mistake again. I have a lot of catching up to do at the Ditch.

So - consider my head hung in total shame and humiliation!

Quote:
I'm glad you liked Kouzzina- I have yet to try it because I read sooooooo many awful reviews. Maybe I'll go in November.
Really? That many awful reviews???? It wasn't my fav meal of the trip, but it certainly was acceptable. And that Greek wine flight........I highly recommend that!

Quote:
And thanks for all the GORGEOUS pics of my new home- we closed on our BWV contract on Saturday. Just waiting for the points to be deposited.
You lucky girl! Congratulations! Its such a pretty resort and I can't wait to stay there someday.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-31-2011, 06:28 PM   #1025
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
You always manage to find the most interesting drinks in Epcot! I would never think of looking in Morocco for drinks! And the tea stand in China is somewhere I definitely need to stop on my next trip!
Well, despite my attempt to find interesting drinks, I still managed to miss the Ditch which is totally unacceptable.

But that tea stand in China - they have some good stuff there - alcoholic and non alcoholic. I will definitely be back there again.

Quote:

Kouzinna looks good, I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try it though!
Really? I didn't think we were being brave. Jen's meal looked pretty normal. Like I said, mine was spicy hot. I will know next time to ask what's spicy hot and probably avoid that.

Quote:

Love your pics of the Boardwalk, it's so pretty over there!
It really is such a pretty resort. Love it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #1026
manntra
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I KNOW!!!!! Don't worry Ellen....I will set her straight in May

My niece and I went snowboarding yesterday and in the car on the way to the mountain her cell phone went off.....her text message alert noise is a Kimmunicator beep

Wow..I am impressed that you remember what you ate....well I guess that is why you were taking pictures Your meal looked delicious but you lost me with the fennel and ouzo...

Can't wait to see that BW view every night in May...

So did you decide on staying an extra day or two?

Tracy
Old 01-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #1027
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
I KNOW!!!!! Don't worry Ellen....I will set her straight in May
My first stop after arriving is heading to the Ditch where I hope to meet Jen and Melissa and work on my Epcot score card!

Quote:

My niece and I went snowboarding yesterday and in the car on the way to the mountain her cell phone went off.....her text message alert noise is a Kimmunicator beep

Really? I would love that! Great idea!

Quote:

Wow..I am impressed that you remember what you ate....well I guess that is why you were taking pictures Your meal looked delicious but you lost me with the fennel and ouzo...
I'm impressed that I remember anything about that evening! No, seriously, I did remember that meal because of it be so spicy hot!

Quote:
Can't wait to see that BW view every night in May...
I know! That's going to be crazy. I have a feeling I will NEVER want to leave. I can't wait!

Quote:

So did you decide on staying an extra day or two?
If I could get a $79 return flight and a cheap room at Pop I think I would stay. It's a lot of room changes, but it would be worth it for another night.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #1028
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
It was a tad annoying. I had to either swallow it and spit it back in the cup. EWWWWWH. There was a lot of swallowing going on. The flavor was really good, though. Totally different
UGH though, I have a hard time with floatie things in my drinks. Like I love a mojito but get grossed out by the mint if it goes in my mouth. Pulp in oj...you get the idea.

Quote:
Only during a mission, so you know what that means. So, between drink in hand and mission, I think that would land us 15 points. Add a pretzel from Germany and we are up to 20!
I was in in germany eating the pretzels...oh, SO good! I'm SO in...I want to see the singing beer steins!!!

Quote:
That was really the only ADR we could get that was (1) open and (2) before 9:30pm. It worked out well. I'm glad we tried it. I would definitely go back and I would totally get that wine flight again because that was some enjoyable wine.

I'm going to have to blame that last one on Jen. I think she bought it for me before I had time to process. And then, I HAD to drink it.

I felt the mix the next day. Very slow start to the day!
Uh huh. ALL Jen's fault I'm sure.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:33 PM   #1029
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a fabulous evening in WS with lots of great drinks! That dinner looks fab too! Great night! I think we will be having a few of those nights in a few months
Old 01-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #1030
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

What a just absolutely perfect, perfect day/evening!! Good friend, a bit of booze, my favorite park, and spicy meal wiht complementary (as in well-paired) wine... WOW!!!

I"m suprised you could even FIND your camera.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #1031
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures of the Boardwalk, I just love that area. Kouzzinas was not a fave of mine. DH liked the stew, but my flank steak was so salty that I just could not eat it. DH loves salt, but he didn't like it either.

We miss Spoodles.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #1032
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
UGH though, I have a hard time with floatie things in my drinks. Like I love a mojito but get grossed out by the mint if it goes in my mouth. Pulp in oj...you get the idea.

Yuck....I don't like pulp in OJ. mint in Mojitos I can tolerate because, after all, it IS a mojito. The ginger was just weird. I won't get it again. Too many floaty-free drinks out there.

Quote:

I was in in germany eating the pretzels...oh, SO good! I'm SO in...I want to see the singing beer steins!!!

Oh...WE ARE doing that mission!!!!! It's too funny!

Quote:

Uh huh. ALL Jen's fault I'm sure.
Where is Jen to defend herself? Such an enabler, that girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Sounds like you had a fabulous evening in WS with lots of great drinks! That dinner looks fab too! Great night! I think we will be having a few of those nights in a few months
We really did have such a fun evening! I can't wait for some more Epcot evenings in May! There's just so much to do, see, eat, and drink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
What a just absolutely perfect, perfect day/evening!! Good friend, a bit of booze, my favorite park, and spicy meal wiht complementary (as in well-paired) wine... WOW!!!

I"m suprised you could even FIND your camera.
It really was a great day / evening. It was laid back, yet so fun. I really recommend that wine flight. So great!

I think I almost left the camera in the restaurant, so after that I slung it across my chest so I wouldn't leave it behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Love the pictures of the Boardwalk, I just love that area. Kouzzinas was not a fave of mine. DH liked the stew, but my flank steak was so salty that I just could not eat it. DH loves salt, but he didn't like it either.
Ugghhhh.....that's no good. No one needs a salty steak. Yuck!

I love the Boardwalk, too. Such a great area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
We miss Spoodles.
All day I have been trying to remember what Kouzzina used to be called. Spoodles - that's it! Thank you for the reminder. I liked Spoodles, too!

Old 02-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #1033
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh you girls had such a wonderful evening! Even if your posts were light on the pictures, I still loved hearing the story. I love Iron Chef and always watch it when Cat Cora's doing the cooking but I am afraid to try the restaurant since we are pretty picky eaters.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #1034
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh you girls had such a wonderful evening! Even if your posts were light on the pictures, I still loved hearing the story. I love Iron Chef and always watch it when Cat Cora's doing the cooking but I am afraid to try the restaurant since we are pretty picky eaters.
We really did have a great evening! It was so fun! I would definitely do it over again in a heart beat!

Since I LOVE seafood, I usually pick that when I'm not sure if I will like the food. I just have to remember to ask about the "heat factor".

Old 02-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #1035
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Speaking of that view on the Boardwalk..... Isn't it? The only way I have ever left w/o tears in my eyes has been due to another trip coming up very soon. I just love it there....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: