Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #991
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydawn View Post
I will start by saying that I totally suck as a friend on this TR. I have felt so far behind, that I was always hesitant to start when I can't give a bunch of time to catch up. (You should see my "to do" book read!) Anyway... I have an entire day today to spend at my leisure and want to hit this TR from start to your most recent post and am well underway! I just found a few things I knew I might forget to respond to if I did not quote every 20 pages or so!!!

I posted my responses in BLUE!

You don't totally suck as a friend. We probably started this thing when you were super busy and you have had your own health issues to deal with it. I find that if I don't DIS every or every other day, I get way too far beyond and then its really hard to catch up.

I'm so glad you got a chance to really catch up today. Jen and I really did have such a fab trip. It's been fun to write about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydawn View Post

Hey! Dan is 6'6 and a big boy to boot and he asked which seat was the best for him. (I will have to ask him which it was when I talk to him later.) Anyway, he almost flew out before he rode and asked so tell your hubby it is possible! Do not give up hope!!!

Jen's DH is really tall. I think he might have an inch or so on Dan. It will be interesting to see how tall her boys get.

Thanks so much for stopping by and catching up Dawn! Tell Leah that I love her idea and I will use it for every trip report!

#4 Be respectful to everyone you meet and never treat anyone lesser than you for any reason because your life may soon depend on their generosity, kindness and a strength you do not posses no matter what you think you bring to the table.

This is a great quote Dawn and certainly words to live by!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I am all about this drinking update!

What brilliance to bring your beer along in the resort mug! Filing that idea away in my brain!
Nothing like a good all update based on drinking and Kim Possible missions!

Quote:
I am also filing the idea of getting Cave 'Ritas to go. I don't see us sitting in there to have a margarita, but getting them to go is a definite idea!
Exactly. If I am going to sit somewhere to drink in Disney, I want it to be outside. Since I have any one rita from the Cave yet, I have a lot of catching up to do!

Quote:
Beautiful pics of Norway! Disney should really hire the two of you to do publicity shots for them!
I wish! Wouldn't THAT be a great job!

Quote:
My favorite pic of these updates? The empty beverage cup pic!
I agree! Who would ever thing the bottom of a cup would look so cool!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #992
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Great updates girls! Hey MEK....think really hard about Labor Day weekend....Caitlin, Dawn, me and Jas will be there....would be so awesome for all of us to be there at the same time wouldn't it??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #993
nilla
The sky is falling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Sounds like you need another night Mary Ellen.
Two nights. We're not in Epcot until the 6th!
Old 01-27-2011, 09:05 PM   #994
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilla View Post
When are you going to be at Disney?
Old 01-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #995
nilla
The sky is falling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmark View Post
when are you going to be at disney?
5/4-5/15
Old 01-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #996
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great updates girls! Hey MEK....think really hard about Labor Day weekend....Caitlin, Dawn, me and Jas will be there....would be so awesome for all of us to be there at the same time wouldn't it??
OK - I will think really hard about it because it would be really fun to meet you ladies. I really like late August/early September for a visit to the world. Its a great time! And having an AP that is still good until 9/12 certainly doesn't hurt!

Quote:
What???????? What the heck is going on that I am missing everyone???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
When are you going to be at Disney?
Yes, Nilla, When ARE you going to be in Disney???

Quote:
5/4-5/15

WOWSA! That is one awesomely long trip. LUCKY!!!!! Well, are you sure you can't do a little Epcot drive by on the 5th?

Are you guys staying at CSR again?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #997
nilla
The sky is falling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Well, are you sure you can't do a little Epcot drive by on the 5th?

Are you guys staying at CSR again?
Yes, CSR. The original plan was for Epcot on the 5th, but guess who foiled that?You got it...those stinkin' grads! MK is on the 5th now, Epcot on the 6th. The 6th will be our "beat down Futureworld" day, where we don't even step foot in World Showcase. Dinner at Coral Reef. We have 3 more days in Epcot beyond that, so there will still be lots of drinkin'!
Old 01-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #998
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, CSR. The original plan was for Epcot on the 5th, but guess who foiled that?You got it...those stinkin' grads! MK is on the 5th now, Epcot on the 6th. The 6th will be our "beat down Futureworld" day, where we don't even step foot in World Showcase. Dinner at Coral Reef. We have 3 more days in Epcot beyond that, so there will still be lots of drinkin'!

Well, I know you guys love Epcot so its great that you can visit so much during your trip. I like the idea of "beatdown Futureworld". That would be fun, but I would probably HAVE to sneak over to the world showcase for a little adult refreshment. Let's see if you REALLY make it all day!

Old 01-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #999
nilla
The sky is falling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Well, I know you guys love Epcot so its great that you can visit so much during your trip. I like the idea of "beatdown Futureworld". That would be fun, but I would probably HAVE to sneak over to the world showcase for a little adult refreshment. Let's see if you REALLY make it all day!
We have good will power when it comes to resisting the urge to get a drink on that day. Well, as long as you don't count the drink at dinner, booze-filled dessert, and drinks back at the resort that night
Old 01-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #1000
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
5/4-5/15
Darn...we are going in September.

You never did make it over to my TR. But I'll forgive you if you join my PTR.

Sorry for the hijack, MaryEllen.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #1001
nilla
The sky is falling!

Quote:

I will read at both! I will!

I'm a chronic procrastinator, though that's no excuse. I am still adjusting to reading more than one TR at a time, though
Old 01-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #1002
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

We are going the day after Labor Day. May I will be there the same time as some of you. I like that time, it used to be very quiet.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 01-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #1003
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have good will power when it comes to resisting the urge to get a drink on that day. Well, as long as you don't count the drink at dinner, booze-filled dessert, and drinks back at the resort that night
Isn't it amazing how kids can give you that will power! When my kids were that age I knew I needed every bit of energy for them.

And - NO - the dinner drinks and booze filled desserts do NOT count!

Quote:

No problem! You are going late September - right? Ahhhhh....Sept.....so tempting. I wish I could live there for the whole month of September and the first two weeks of October, too!

Quote:
I will read at both! I will!

I'm a chronic procrastinator, though that's no excuse. I am still adjusting to reading more than one TR at a time, though
Kathy - its obvious that we can't push him too hard or...well....we don't know what might happen! But it probably won't be pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
We are going the day after Labor Day. May I will be there the same time as some of you. I like that time, it used to be very quiet.

Well, if I do go late August through LD weekend you better believe I am staying for a few days after Labor Day. I have always wanted to be there right after LD. I bet it is the lowest crowds of the year!

Old 01-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #1004
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

My DH & I have gone twice the day after Labor Day. The parks were so empty, it was unbelieveable! No waits for anything, we sometimes just stayed on the ride since no one was waiting.

The last trip was in the middle of Sept. which was a different story. Seemed crowded to us after that. So many school aged children were there also.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 01-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #1005
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
My DH & I have gone twice the day after Labor Day. The parks were so empty, it was unbelieveable! No waits for anything, we sometimes just stayed on the ride since no one was waiting.

The last trip was in the middle of Sept. which was a different story. Seemed crowded to us after that. So many school aged children were there also.
When my kids were younger we would go the very last week of August leading up and through LD weekend. My kids often don't start school until after LD. Once year I got an amazing deal on a flight that left at 7:30pm on LD monday. My kids hated me for getting them home so late the day before school started, but by 4pm there was no one left at Disneyworld. Our resort looked like a ghost town. I remember wishing I could just stay there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: