Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #976
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Siggie looks normal this morning, I wasn't on last night. Well we do have late flights on the 5th so....that could happen anyway.
Really???? Cause my siggie looks totally messed up to me right now. Its so messy I am finding it terribly distracting!

Thank goodness for the later flights!!!!!

Quote:
Right now we have breakfast at Cape May on the 4th and then La Hacienda for dinner.... but the day itself is subject to interpretation (AK, waterpark, pool...dunno. LOL!). On the 5th we have Via Napoli at 12:45 and no firm touring plans other than DME. I guess around 3 for you and I?
So - do you think the Ditch opens early on Cinco de Mayo? It would be fun to have a DIS meet there before lunch OR we could move it to Via Napoli!

I wish ME would leave at 4pm instead of 3ish. That is the one thing I don't like about not driving. Oh well.

Quote:
On a separate note I keep wondering if we should think about swapping Sat/Sun dinners if we can given that we are at POR on Sat. Right now it's Tutto Sat and Raglan on Sunday. Just a thought. Park hours seem very in flux still though.
I think this is a GREAT idea. I think we SHOULD switch the ADRs. It totally makes more sense. Plus - I love taking the boat to DTD. It's so relaxing. Then I would love to go back to POR and catch the end of Bob's show. He is so freakin' funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Aw I am looking forward to meet you!

I also lurk on all of the East/West moms TRs

I think you need to stay until Sunday and go to the Animal Kingdom race on Saturday the 7th! I am just saying you could get that night time ride on Expedition Everest

I am totally excited about that! This is going to be a really fun trip because its all based on meeting crazy DISers! I would love to stay for that AK race. It would be soooooooo fun!
I know I can't stay that long, but a girl can dream - right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I agree that you need to stay longer
The funny thing was - when I was originally planning this trip I WAS going to go that weekend. The 7th is my birthday, so being there would be a lot of fun and I would love to do that night time race at AK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Well yeah! Yes you do!!

Excited for another Dismeet

Whenever you want to arrange the meet is fine with me....and I still don't even know what Cynthia is talking about with the dining! Just tell me what to wear, when to show up and what to drink
So - we get to tell you WHAT to drink, too? OK - that could be interesting!

BTW - what time did the ditch open up on Cinco de Mayo. I know you were there, complete with your slushie lushie badge!

Isn't it great that Cynthia knows exactly what we are doing. She may have to send us daily itineraries while we are there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
OMG ME....I have a small Sherpani bag....It is a small crossbody one I am getting an OL in May and most likely sending down a box full of stuff for it. The Sherpani is going in the OL

Tracy
Yes - that WAS it - a Sherpani bag. I laughed when I saw it and then I started looking for a bigger one. They need to make a Sherpmaxi for me!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #977
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Sounds like you need another night Mary Ellen.

The siggy still looks screwy to me...very odd!

You both captured little details in Norway I don't think I've ever noticed! So pretty!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #978
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Really???? Cause my siggie looks totally messed up to me right now. Its so messy I am finding it terribly distracting!
no, now it looks a bit spastic. Maybe I didn't have my glasses on.

Quote:
Thank goodness for the later flights!!!!!

Quote:
So - do you think the Ditch opens early on Cinco de Mayo? It would be fun to have a DIS meet there before lunch OR we could move it to Via Napoli!

I wish ME would leave at 4pm instead of 3ish. That is the one thing I don't like about not driving. Oh well.
it would be fun to meet there before lunch. I imagine they open by 11 even if it isn't early on Cinco de Mayo.

We can always take a town car...it would gain us more park time if we check in online and print boarding passes but skip the ME. An option.

Quote:
I think this is a GREAT idea. I think we SHOULD switch the ADRs. It totally makes more sense. Plus - I love taking the boat to DTD. It's so relaxing. Then I would love to go back to POR and catch the end of Bob's show. He is so freakin' funny!
I love that idea! It would be fun to see Bob and I really do want to ride that boat! I went ahead made a couple of ressies as backup to allow for the switch (no problem on availability, whoo hoo!) but then will see if those times are good with what the park hours are showing and then as a group decide what to keep/cancel. I'll probably wait till next week to send everyone an update as any hour updates may happen after the 1st. Or not but it'll be closer to what might really be "real".

Did you make a room req at POR? Just curious if you requested a specific location.

Quote:
I am totally excited about that! This is going to be a really fun trip because its all based on meeting crazy DISers! I would love to stay for that AK race. It would be soooooooo fun!
I know I can't stay that long, but a girl can dream - right?

The funny thing was - when I was originally planning this trip I WAS going to go that weekend. The 7th is my birthday, so being there would be a lot of fun and I would love to do that night time race at AK.
you calling us crazy?

Quote:
So - we get to tell you WHAT to drink, too? OK - that could be interesting!

BTW - what time did the ditch open up on Cinco de Mayo. I know you were there, complete with your slushie lushie badge!

Isn't it great that Cynthia knows exactly what we are doing. She may have to send us daily itineraries while we are there!
LOL! Nuh uh...you just have to sign up for Trip It and it will be on your phone!

Ok, Tracy I am a little concerned. Mary Ellen, Meliss and I are ditching are kids just so we don't HAVE to tell anyone what to eat, drink and wear.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #979
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Sounds like you need another night Mary Ellen.
Ah, I can always count on my friends for a little enabling! Thank you!

Quote:

The siggy still looks screwy to me...very odd!
Its horrible, but I am afraid to touch it for fear that it will never get fixed. I just pm'd the mods to see if they know what's going on.

Quote:

You both captured little details in Norway I don't think I've ever noticed! So pretty!
I never before noticed all those details which made those pictures pretty cool to me! Norway is one of those countries you just pass through. We obviously spent more than a little time there.

Quote:
no, now it looks a bit spastic. Maybe I didn't have my glasses on.

Spastic is an understatement. I don't know why my siggie looks OK in my user CP. Very strange indeed!

Quote:
it would be fun to meet there before lunch. I imagine they open by 11 even if it isn't early on Cinco de Mayo.

We can always take a town car...it would gain us more park time if we check in online and print boarding passes but skip the ME. An option.

:
Yeah - I think the Ditch is a given for cinco de Mayo. For some reason I remember lasts year meet starting at 11 or 1130.

Town car is definitely an option....the rockstar option. We should consider that. But I will say that I don't remember DME leaving ridiculously early when Jen and I went back to MCO in September. We had just enough time to get some dinner and then organize our thoughts for our TR.

Quote:

I love that idea! It would be fun to see Bob and I really do want to ride that boat! I went ahead made a couple of ressies as backup to allow for the switch (no problem on availability, whoo hoo!) but then will see if those times are good with what the park hours are showing and then as a group decide what to keep/cancel. I'll probably wait till next week to send everyone an update as any hour updates may happen after the 1st. Or not but it'll be closer to what might really be "real".

:

That sounds like a wonderful idea.

As far as Bob - I wonder if JenJ has ever seen him? Jen and I had so much fun! Plus I sent him an email when I got home (via his website) to tell him how much I enjoyed his show and he responded right away. He just seems like a genuinely nice guy and he's an excellent musician. I liked his show more than I even expected to. It's unique.

Quote:

Did you make a room req at POR? Just curious if you requested a specific location.

I can't remember if I did or not, but I will definitely email Michelle and ask her to request the mansion section. I am actually cool with wherever we end up, but the mansions are so pretty. Heck - the whole resort is do pretty. I hope you love it!

Quote:

you calling us crazy?
Yes, but in the best possible way! (myself included)

Quote:

Ok, Tracy I am a little concerned. Mary Ellen, Meliss and I are ditching are kids just so we don't HAVE to tell anyone what to eat, drink and wear.

Quote:

LOL! Nuh uh...you just have to sign up for Trip It and it will be on your phone!

That's cool. By then I will have a new phone!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #980
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

I can't remember if I did or not, but I will definitely email Michelle and ask her to request the mansion section. I am actually cool with wherever we end up, but the mansions are so pretty. Heck - the whole resort is do pretty. I hope you love it!
Oh yeah! I was hoping you'd want the mansions, I'm good with anything but that's my top choice.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #981
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

So Dale just got his vacation approved, after they cancelled the dates we originally wanted, and now once again we are missing meeting you by just a few days. I think this is about the 3rd time we've just missed each other

Anyway, Caitlin and I are going to arrive on the 6th so we can do the race on the 7th and Dale will join us on the 8th. Wish our dates had been able to overlap!

Old 01-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #982
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So Dale just got his vacation approved, after they cancelled the dates we originally wanted, and now once again we are missing meeting you by just a few days. I think this is about the 3rd time we've just missed each other

Anyway, Caitlin and I are going to arrive on the 6th so we can do the race on the 7th and Dale will join us on the 8th. Wish our dates had been able to overlap!
I just read this on your TR. I know you guys always take a morning flight, so if I can catch a break on flights, I might try to stay one more day. IDK. I really want to meet you guys.

It also looks like you are planning a trip over Labor Day and my AP will still be good then, so ya never know!

Old 01-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #983
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah - I think the Ditch is a given for cinco de Mayo. For some reason I remember lasts year meet starting at 11 or 1130.
I'm pretty sure the meet was at noon. That was the day we did the Segway tour and afterwards we explored The Seas then went over to Sunshine Seasons and grabbed some lunch before heading to The Cave, I know we wouldn't have eaten lunch before 11.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:27 AM   #985
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just read this on your TR. I know you guys always take a morning flight, so if I can catch a break on flights, I might try to stay one more day. IDK. I really want to meet you guys.

It also looks like you are planning a trip over Labor Day and my AP will still be good then, so ya never know!
You're right we do have a morning flight. We are due to arrive at MCO at 10am. Hope it works out so we can meet up but I know one day we will

Old 01-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #986
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh yeah! I was hoping you'd want the mansions, I'm good with anything but that's my top choice.
Sorry - missed this last night. Was too devastated by Dawn's news that she WON'T be there at the same time as us after all. Now trying to figure out how much it would cost me to stay an extra day.

Quote:
Hey, I just saw from Poolrat on All7's TR that if you go in and just re-save your siggie that looks fine when you look at it, it seems to be "taking". Several people's were messed up and now fixed.

You were right about the siggie - worked like a charm! Phew....I feel so much better now.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #987
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I'm pretty sure the meet was at noon. That was the day we did the Segway tour and afterwards we explored The Seas then went over to Sunshine Seasons and grabbed some lunch before heading to The Cave, I know we wouldn't have eaten lunch before 11.
Well, that makes sense. I know they were pretty strict about kicking Jen and I out before 12pm, so its probably the same even on Cinco de Mayo! Well, now Dawn will not be there. Bummer!

Old 01-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #988
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're right we do have a morning flight. We are due to arrive at MCO at 10am. Hope it works out so we can meet up but I know one day we will
I hope we do get to meet one of these days, but the main thing is you were able to straighten all your ADRS and get you flights!

Old 01-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #989
Dizneydawn
One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna Come too?

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I will start by saying that I totally suck as a friend on this TR. I have felt so far behind, that I was always hesitant to start when I can't give a bunch of time to catch up. (You should see my "to do" book read!) Anyway... I have an entire day today to spend at my leisure and want to hit this TR from start to your most recent post and am well underway! I just found a few things I knew I might forget to respond to if I did not quote every 20 pages or so!!!

I posted my responses in BLUE!

Quote:

There were behind the scene heros, there were people who responded with profound inner strength, and there were people who crumbled under pressure.
I will always remember hearing the words from a huge investment broker with an Ivy League degree, who was praising a maintenance man who barely graduated HS.

The maintenance man happened to be in the office the Ivy League man was when the tower was hit and the door could not be opened to let people out. They were trapped and panicked. This blue collar man saved the lives of 30 people who would have died because in all their diploma's and classwork, they were not trained to think outside the box.

The maintenance man said he thought they could punch a hole through the wall to get to the hallway. The big wigs looked puzzled because they assumed you could not do such a thing? Well sure enough the walls were not solid all the way through and after lying on his back and kicking through and using basic office things to keep widening the hole, he had a route out.

This reminded me of a few things that I hope I have instilled in my children.

#1 Never give up.

#2 Never assume the first way is the only way.

#3 There are times if you can't go around, over or under, you can try going through.

#4 Be respectful to everyone you meet and never treat anyone lesser than you for any reason because your life may soon depend on their generosity, kindness and a strength you do not posses no matter what you think you bring to the table.

I'm not gonna lie - I completely stole this idea from Dawn's TR. But I love it so I made Jen provide daily sign language everyday.
I have to tell Leah her idea is now legend here since you used it!

Finally we have arrived at POFQ and despite the fact that our bags were the last to be unloaded, Norm did give exceptional service.....

Holy Cow!!! Jen really got a tan stepping off the bus! I almost did not recognize her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post

I haven't done this one in a while. DH is too Pooh sized for this. Last time he rode it he had to wrap his legs in such a way that when the ride dipped he just about flew out and that was it. So unless he gets shorter, or the cars get longer, he's gonna stay away from this.
[/size][/color]
Hey! Dan is 6'6 and a big boy to boot and he asked which seat was the best for him. (I will have to ask him which it was when I talk to him later.) Anyway, he almost flew out before he rode and asked so tell your hubby it is possible! Do not give up hope!!!
Quote:

Cooled off, we excited door #2 and headed to you know where......
Okay MEK...what are your moves for exciting a door? Feather Boa? Maybe if the door has really been good, a massage with a rag and Old English? Does door #1 respond the same as door #2 or are you a monogamous door exciter???

Inquiring minds baby!

OK - I'm gonna admit here that I didn't know she opened and closed her eyes. What a loser! How many times have I been on this ride and missed THAT! Sheesh!
Me neither!!!

Is this not the cutest hat?

I love the half face shadow here! Seriously makes the picture amazing!!!!

Last edited by Dizneydawn; 01-27-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #990
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I am all about this drinking update!

What brilliance to bring your beer along in the resort mug! Filing that idea away in my brain!

I am also filing the idea of getting Cave 'Ritas to go. I don't see us sitting in there to have a margarita, but getting them to go is a definite idea!

Beautiful pics of Norway! Disney should really hire the two of you to do publicity shots for them!

My favorite pic of these updates? The empty beverage cup pic!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: