Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #961
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Thanks for the lesson on focal length Jen! I'm going to have to play around with my camera to see what I can do with that.
That Jen knows her stuff! I just fake it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Beer in a refillable Disney mug....never tried it, but I say "why not?"

Great pictures and I'm enjoying the updates, as always.
The mug IS pretty good at camoflauging adult beverages. I'll probably use that trick again! Depends on how many beverages I sherpa into the world on my next trip!

Glad you enjoyed the updates!!!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #962
manntra
DIS Veteran
 
manntra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,378

Okay...so I am excited to try a KP mission Well of course only with adult beverages
You pick the country and I will be there
Love the beads MEK!! Great idea about the mug....I think Ellen has done something similar... Maybe she had wine in a coffee cup or something....

Speaking of wine....you are going to be flying the friendly skies with a flight of wine? My favorite....flight of wine and a flight of cheese

Tracy
__________________
DVC Member 2007
Tracy Ziggy http://
manntra is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #963
mickeysmyboy


DIS Veteran
 
mickeysmyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,690

Oh my goodness! So many more fabulous Wedding Chapel and GF pictures!!!! WOW!

I definitely think both of you need to stay there! Having stayed there I can vouch for the fact that it isn't the pretentious, stuffy place that it seems to be! It's very much a beautiful, relaxing, magical place to stay!

DH will tell you that it isn't as "Disney" as some of the other resorts we've stayed at. I disagree.

To me staying at GF was kind of about using your senses! The sight of the buildings at night with beautiful white lights and the soft street lamps all aglow, the sight of the castle off in the distance. The smell of all the million of beautiful flowers around the grounds and in the absolutely beautiful arrangements inside the buildings. The feel of the absolutely heavenly beds and the softness of everything that seemed to have been delicately placed in our room! The sounds of the kids laughing and the boats to MK off in the distance! It's amazing!

Of course, the fact the fact that we were magically upgraded from Garden View rooms to marina view club level room in the Sugar Loaf Club may have something to do with my feelings for GF!!

I definitely think it's worth a stay! Even if only for a night or 2! Maybe I'll go back in my webshots account and find you some GF pictures from our stay!

MaryEllen, I love that you put the beer in your resort mug!! No better use for it! You can't let valuable alcohol got to waste!

Love, love, love the Norway pictures! The KP missions are fun! DD did it last January! I'm kinda hoping she'll want to do it again next month! It's a fun way to explore WS! Having an adult beverage probably makes it more fun
__________________
Me, DH, DD10, DS9, DS4
mickeysmyboy is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #964
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
2xcited2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,349

Can't wait to save the world in May! Whoever invented that game had a great idea!

Both of you captured some shots and angles in Norway that I've never noticed before! Great pictures, as always!!
__________________
Christine

2xcited2sleep is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #965
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,655

I love all the GF pics, the "real" pool is so beautiful! I'd love to stay there someday!

Those KP missions sound like so much fun! Especially with margaritas! Although, I'm not messing around with a margarita from the stand outside, I'll go down to the cave first!
__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #966
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Okay...so I am excited to try a KP mission Well of course only with adult beverages
You pick the country and I will be there
Love the beads MEK!! Great idea about the mug....I think Ellen has done something similar... Maybe she had wine in a coffee cup or something....
Oh - the KP missions MUST be done with an adult beverage. They are fun because no one knows what you are doing to begin with and then after a drink or two everything is funnier. The stares keep getting more and more obvious and all you want to do is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Speaking of wine....you are going to be flying the friendly skies with a flight of wine? My favorite....flight of wine and a flight of cheese

Tracy
I am aiming to sherpa in 2 bottles of wine and a bottle of rum. Anything else I will buy there. I love SWA. Airline of the sherpa queen.

I was in TJ Maxx today and they had bags called sherpatini. They were small little over the shoulder bags. No - I did not buy one, but I got a good laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Oh my goodness! So many more fabulous Wedding Chapel and GF pictures!!!! WOW!
I took a lot of pictures in two hours, that's for sure! Its a good thing both Jen and I like to take pictures, because we sure spent enough time taking them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I definitely think both of you need to stay there! Having stayed there I can vouch for the fact that it isn't the pretentious, stuffy place that it seems to be! It's very much a beautiful, relaxing, magical place to stay!

DH will tell you that it isn't as "Disney" as some of the other resorts we've stayed at. I disagree.

To me staying at GF was kind of about using your senses! The sight of the buildings at night with beautiful white lights and the soft street lamps all aglow, the sight of the castle off in the distance. The smell of all the million of beautiful flowers around the grounds and in the absolutely beautiful arrangements inside the buildings. The feel of the absolutely heavenly beds and the softness of everything that seemed to have been delicately placed in our room! The sounds of the kids laughing and the boats to MK off in the distance! It's amazing!

Of course, the fact the fact that we were magically upgraded from Garden View rooms to marina view club level room in the Sugar Loaf Club may have something to do with my feelings for GF!!

I definitely think it's worth a stay! Even if only for a night or 2! Maybe I'll go back in my webshots account and find you some GF pictures from our stay!

Melissa - that's such an awesome description of the GF and I definitely want to stay there someday. I agree - even if its just a day of two. I could definitely see doing a non park stay and planning it around the GF. It seems like the perfect all inclusive resort. It really is a lovely place and I really want to try it for a special occasion.

That is so awesome that you were magically upgraded! I wonder how often that happens. How great is that???? I guess I should plan my trip during a quiet time when I would have a better chance of an upgrade.

I would love to see your pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
MaryEllen, I love that you put the beer in your resort mug!! No better use for it! You can't let valuable alcohol got to waste!

Love, love, love the Norway pictures! The KP missions are fun! DD did it last January! I'm kinda hoping she'll want to do it again next month! It's a fun way to explore WS! Having an adult beverage probably makes it more fun
Never let alcohol go to waste - that's my motto! And never take home what you brought to drink.

Norway is really a pretty country. I hope you both do enjoy the KP missions. They really are entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Can't wait to save the world in May! Whoever invented that game had a great idea!

It would be cool if we all did KP missions at the same time. We could divide up into teams and do different missions. Then meet up after each mission for an adult beverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post

Both of you captured some shots and angles in Norway that I've never noticed before! Great pictures, as always!!
I really had no idea my pictures turned out so well. I think I just really loved being there that afternoon. Perfect weather. Perfect chill time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I love all the GF pics, the "real" pool is so beautiful! I'd love to stay there someday!

It really was gorgeous there. So different. No pretentious, just really laid back, quiet, and relaxed. Like being in a different world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Those KP missions sound like so much fun! Especially with margaritas! Although, I'm not messing around with a margarita from the stand outside, I'll go down to the cave first!
Yeah - we goofed up on the outside margaritas. But next time we will know better. In May all my ritas will come from the ditch!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 01-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #967
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy
 
All7OfUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Salem, OR; formerly from Crapistan- Really!!
Posts: 13,089

Ladies, can I say once again, how much I love the composition and color in your colors. So nice!

Yeah, the Cave version would have been eons better, but hey, ya do whatcha gotta do, I guess. It was proabablyl WAY faster and since you had a Mission and all.... Like they say, once into the Ditch, it's pretty hard to climb back out.

HAHAHAHA! Beer in the mug- classic. I wonder what kind of smart alek remark a security bag checker would have given had he noticed? Or not.
Anyway, happy hour to go is a great idea!
__________________

All7OfUs is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #968
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,170

I haven't gotten caught up on the update yet, but I noticed your siggy, along with several other people's, is all screwed up-all the A's have been **** out. What is going on?
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #969
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Ladies, can I say once again, how much I love the composition and color in your colors. So nice!
Thank you! Like I said, its a good thing both of us were on the dave wave length as far as taking pictures. If not, we would have had some incompatibility issues on this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Yeah, the Cave version would have been eons better, but hey, ya do whatcha gotta do, I guess. It was proabablyl WAY faster and since you had a Mission and all.... Like they say, once into the Ditch, it's pretty hard to climb back out.
I think that's precisely what I was afraid of. I knew if we entered the Ditch we wouldn't come back out until our dinner ADR and I really wanted to enjoy the outside weather. In May, since we will be staying so close, I will have no problem getting stuck in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
HAHAHAHA! Beer in the mug- classic. I wonder what kind of smart alek remark a security bag checker would have given had he noticed? Or not.
Anyway, happy hour to go is a great idea!
Honestly, I think I had about 2 sips left by the time we went through security. Which is wierd - because I tried not to open the lid at all while we were on the monorail. You know - parents, kids, enclosed space, beer smell permeating the air - not very Disney-like!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #970
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I haven't gotten caught up on the update yet, but I noticed your siggy, along with several other people's, is all screwed up-all the A's have been **** out. What is going on?
I know - what the heck????? I thought it was just this crazy slow computer, but I see Leisa's is the same way.

Do you think its some secret code?????

When I check my siggie under my user CP it looks fine, so it must be a DIS board glitch.

Sooooo unattractive!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 09:17 AM   #971
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,040

I am not sure if I want to post my siggie one more time, but I did want to make a general announcement to the East, West, and South girls and to anyone else whose trip overlaps with ours......

Dawn Bu's May trip is going to overlap with ours by a couple days. She and Caitlin and Dale will be there May 3 - 9th. So, we definitely need to fit in a DIS meet with them. They will be in Epcot on Cinco de Mayo, so perhaps that's an option. All I know is I really enjoy Dawn and Caitlin's TRs and I really want to meet them in person. Of course, it won't be the same without Caitlin driving a scooter , but it will still be lots of fun!

Should we arrange a DIS meet somewhere on the 4th or the 5th. The 5th would seem logical, but Melissa will have left and that means Cynthia and I might have to fly home drunk!

Thoughts?????

I have one thought - I think I should stay an extra day! LOL!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #972
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,652

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am not sure if I want to post my siggie one more time, but I did want to make a general announcement to the East, West, and South girls and to anyone else whose trip overlaps with ours......

Dawn Bu's May trip is going to overlap with ours by a couple days. She and Caitlin and Dale will be there May 3 - 9th. So, we definitely need to fit in a DIS meet with them. They will be in Epcot on Cinco de Mayo, so perhaps that's an option. All I know is I really enjoy Dawn and Caitlin's TRs and I really want to meet them in person. Of course, it won't be the same without Caitlin driving a scooter , but it will still be lots of fun!

Should we arrange a DIS meet somewhere on the 4th or the 5th. The 5th would seem logical, but Melissa will have left and that means Cynthia and I might have to fly home drunk!

Thoughts?????

I have one thought - I think I should stay an extra day! LOL!
Siggie looks normal this morning, I wasn't on last night. Well we do have late flights on the 5th so....that could happen anyway.

Right now we have breakfast at Cape May on the 4th and then La Hacienda for dinner.... but the day itself is subject to interpretation (AK, waterpark, pool...dunno. LOL!). On the 5th we have Via Napoli at 12:45 and no firm touring plans other than DME. I guess around 3 for you and I?

On a separate note I keep wondering if we should think about swapping Sat/Sun dinners if we can given that we are at POR on Sat. Right now it's Tutto Sat and Raglan on Sunday. Just a thought. Park hours seem very in flux still though.
__________________
eandesmom is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #973
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessCaitlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,686

Aw I am looking forward to meet you!

I also lurk on all of the East/West moms TRs

I think you need to stay until Sunday and go to the Animal Kingdom race on Saturday the 7th! I am just saying you could get that night time ride on Expedition Everest
__________________
For the first time in 4ever... I don't have to go home!


The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #974
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran
 
dawnbu40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 5,390

I agree that you need to stay longer
dawnbu40 is offline  
Old 01-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #975
manntra
DIS Veteran
 
manntra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,378

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

Thoughts?????

I have one thought - I think I should stay an extra day! LOL![/SIZE][/COLOR]
Well yeah! Yes you do!!

Excited for another Dismeet

Whenever you want to arrange the meet is fine with me....and I still don't even know what Cynthia is talking about with the dining! Just tell me what to wear, when to show up and what to drink

OMG ME....I have a small Sherpani bag....It is a small crossbody one I am getting an OL in May and most likely sending down a box full of stuff for it. The Sherpani is going in the OL

Tracy
__________________
DVC Member 2007
Tracy Ziggy http://
manntra is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: