Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2011, 03:24 PM   #932
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Wow...I have no words for these recent pictures....the Wedding Chapel is so gorgeous!! I can't believe how gorgeous it really is!! WOW
It really was spectacular. I could totally see Jasmine there on her wedding day!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #933
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Hi there girls!
I'm like Melissa, very behind on this TR. Thanks for posting the links!

I did go back just now as far as the chapel pics to drool!
You got so lucky Mary Ellen to find that door unlocked! I'm not sure I would have had the nerve to open it and go in but I might have just peed myself!

Anyway, just looking at your photos makes me ashamed of what I put up today from my phone on my TR.....
I was just telling Marc that I at least needed to get a new phone with a flash!
That way I could FB decent pictures of our trips!
Oh wait a minute.
Do you know what FB is?
Old 01-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #934
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Do you know what FB is?
OK - now that I got that off my chest I feel soooooooooo much better!

Looks like I'm going to get shamed into FB by the time my May trip rolls around!

Quote:
Hi there girls!
I'm like Melissa, very behind on this TR. Thanks for posting the links!
I was so excited to see you stopped by!!!!!

Quote:
I did go back just now as far as the chapel pics to drool!
You got so lucky Mary Ellen to find that door unlocked! I'm not sure I would have had the nerve to open it and go in but I might have just peed myself!
I know - I totally lucked out! It was definitely an exciting moment, to say the least. That place was amazing!

Quote:
Anyway, just looking at your photos makes me ashamed of what I put up today from my phone on my TR.....
Well, honestly, I think Jen took the best pictures this trip. I am loving all hers and she has given me some creative ideas for my next trip!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 01-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #935
manntra
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh wait a minute.
Do you know what FB is?

Come on Mary Ellen!!! Get with it.....you are missing out on so much!! We have a Dis chat and for people like me who don't do TR's I have a lot of pictures posted

Anita...I am waiting for the white iPhone 4 to come out. The iPhone 4 has a flash and that is really the only thing I want/need. I will never give up my iPhone so that white one better be out soon!!!

Tracy
Old 01-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #936
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post

Come on Mary Ellen!!! Get with it.....you are missing out on so much!! We have a Dis chat and for people like me who don't do TR's I have a lot of pictures posted

Anita...I am waiting for the white iPhone 4 to come out. The iPhone 4 has a flash and that is really the only thing I want/need. I will never give up my iPhone so that white one better be out soon!!!

Tracy
Since I now have a extra power source cover for my iPhone and will get another when I get the 4. I'm not waiting on the white one. So I'm thinking any day now.....
Old 01-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #937
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post

Tracy
Well, I have to admit I have never seen a picture of Ziggy. So that might be some motivation.

When is Verizon coming out with the iphone again?

Quote:
Since I now have a extra power source cover for my iPhone and will get another when I get the 4. I'm not waiting on the white one. So I'm thinking any day now.....
good to know!

Old 01-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #938
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---

I edited and uploaded some more pic so I should be able to update later with Chapel pics and the rest of GF. Meanwhile, my spring choir performance is interfering with my ability to take a May WDW trip... grumble, grumble....

D4D
Old 01-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #939
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh wait a minute.
Do you know what FB is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Looks like I'm going to get shamed into FB by the time my May trip rolls around!
Stay strong Mary Ellen, we need to keep supporting each other here!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #940
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post

Stay strong Mary Ellen, we need to keep supporting each other here!
Ahh Michelle - I am glad I have an advocate. A very good friend of mine went on FB about a year or so ago. She had her account for 48hrs and then shut it down because she thought it was a popularity contest. That just sticks in my mind because I really like this girl. Ever since than I have had no interest. I am sure if I got on I would enjoy it. Perhaps that's what I'm afraid of. I already waste enough time during the day!

Old 01-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #941
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post
I edited and uploaded some more pic so I should be able to update later with Chapel pics and the rest of GF. Meanwhile, my spring choir performance is interfering with my ability to take a May WDW trip... grumble, grumble....

D4D
I was going to try for an update myself, but I am pretty exhausted now. I may need to wait.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #942
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---

MEK went on ahead and got the good shots, but I'm glad I went back for my camera.

Here it is!

It screamed "Come and see me! Come and see me!" so we did.

I never EVER thought I would want to be married here. From the outside and faraway it seemed unappealing, but up close and personal - WOWIE! It was truly breathtaking. N-O-N-E of the pics we took do it justice; it was beyond awesome.

The Brides Vestibule...

And the real-deal!

This was as good as it got for me. There were people in there touring so I missed seeing the inside, but just seeing it from the door was amazing. The castle is RIGHT THERE! BAM! Smack in the middle of that beautiful glass archway! I'm renewing my vows here one day, I don't care what it costs!

We also did some walking around outside, and there are some great views.

Here is a quick lesson on perspective. Watch how the Castle moves away and the arch remains basically the same.

The top pic has a focal length of 28mm, next is 14mm, and the bottom one is 6mm. The shorter the focal length, the farther back the background goes. It's deceiving how close the Castle really is and how far away it looks!

Back to reality... sort of. Back to the Grand Floridian!

We wandered deeper into GF and came upon the *real* pool!

Ahh... so there was a time when these resort pools were more than just puddles and they had a real deep end. My DH is 6'7" and he always has to sit on the bottom of the pool in order to get remotely wet. Not here!

And in case you forgot - the Castle is RIGHT THERE!

Peek-a-boo!

What a cool resort! It's on my to-stay list now. Never thought that would happen.

D4D
Old 01-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #943
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

STUNNING GF PICS!!!! Wow-oh-wow. So amazing. I haven't seen many pictures of it, and not like the ones you two were able to capture---I gotta spend some time exploring there I think!!!

I think I also need a new lens for my camera.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 01-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #944
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your wonderful wedding chapel photos. I can not imagine a more perfect view for a wedding. You would certainly feel like a princess.

Me DH DD DS
Old 01-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #945
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post

I completely missed this!!!!! Very Cool! And talk about stealth - you managed to get right in there a snap a picture during the tour! Nice, but no wonder they locked the chapel after that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
STUNNING GF PICS!!!! Wow-oh-wow. So amazing. I haven't seen many pictures of it, and not like the ones you two were able to capture---I gotta spend some time exploring there I think!!!

I think I also need a new lens for my camera.
Thanks! We had a lot of fun taking all the pictures. We spent a couple hours doing it. I love Jen's shots - they are fab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Thanks for sharing your wonderful wedding chapel photos. I can not imagine a more perfect view for a wedding. You would certainly feel like a princess.
Agreed! I felt like a princess just opening the door! It really IS the most perfect backdrop for a wedding. Beyond Perfect!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: