Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 04:46 AM   #916
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Where as before this I was leaning towards our 10yr vow renewal on the beach at the Poly, seeing those chapel pictures has me second guessing myself LOL!! What a gorgeous location, Disney sure does know how to throw a wedding!!! WOWZERS!!

Loved all the photos, what a great day so far!!!

Can't wait to hear how you conquered the world!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 01-20-2011, 05:55 AM   #917
princessjv
DIS Veteran

I want to get married at the wedding pavilion!

Too bad I'm already married.

Small mute point.

Maybe I can start working on it now with my kids.

Well maybe just my son. {so we don't have to pay for it}.

BTW- maybe the sign in the water shoud read "stay out of the darn lake!"

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #918
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

MEK your pictures of the wedding chappel are gorgeous! I know someone whom I met here on the DIS that got married at WDW, she had Cinderella's carriage drop her off at the chappel and everything, talk about a girls dream! Her wedding pictures are AMAZING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post
Very cool pic Jen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That is too funny! Let the brainwashing begin! Too bad I have boys!
Me too! I'm hoping one of my boys (or both) will pick a Disney loving girl to marry and I can help persuade her
Old 01-20-2011, 09:03 AM   #919
Practically_Perfect
Mouseketeer

Ladies - your pictures of the GF are absolutely gorgeous!! You should post some of them in the Resort Pics forum for the GF - it's in need of some shots like yours!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #920
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

gorgeous gorgeous pictures ladies! So many I love that it's hard to comment on them all.

Mary Ellen,

Love the interior with the stained glass. Sigh. Do you know there is a new line of Disney Princess inspired gowns coming out?(I think they blew it on the Cindy dress but I digress). I'm not a princessy girl either (though fairly girly) so oh what a setting! What pictures! It's funny, I've seen a couple of wedding pictures from Disney Weddings including the interior of the chapel but never noticed the castle backdrop either.

I remember looking in when K and went to the GF spa in 08 but we didn't try to go in. good for you for seizing the moment!

Jen, I love your candids! The sand writing, the hidden mickey tattoo.

Fun fun fun!!!

Great monorail and GF shots all around ladies!

What a fun morning you had.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #921
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

I the pictures of the wedding chapel! Caitlin has been dreaming of getting married there since she was 12! ( of course I'm hoping she finds a wealthy young man who can afford it )

Nice updates

Old 01-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #922
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you were very lucky to find the chapel unlocked. Thanks for sharing your pictures! Would sure like to be in WDW this afternoon!

Old 01-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #923
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
about the tractor beam pulling you in!
I knew you would appreciate that one. But, in all serious, that's how I felt. I could not stop myself!

Quote:
:

That's it -- I have decided -- Chelsea will need to get married at Disney. Hope she doesn't mind.
Why would she mind?????? I can definitely see that. She would be soooooooo into it. Better start saving up now!

Quote:
:
Beautiful pictures of the wedding chapel -- I have never seen the inside before. What a background with the castle!
Thanks and those pictures don't even begin to do the place justice. It was amazing in there.

Quote:
:
Love the Halloween Mickey on the monorail -- so cute!
He is so darn cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Where as before this I was leaning towards our 10yr vow renewal on the beach at the Poly, seeing those chapel pictures has me second guessing myself LOL!! What a gorgeous location, Disney sure does know how to throw a wedding!!! WOWZERS!!

There can't possibly be a better wedding spot. How cool would it be to renew your vows at Disney. No matter where you decide, it will be perfect. I just hope you invite all your DIS friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post

Loved all the photos, what a great day so far!!!

Can't wait to hear how you conquered the world!
Thanks! We had an absolutely fab time that day. And Jen was right - the weather was perfect!

World showcase is coming up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
I want to get married at the wedding pavilion!

Too bad I'm already married.

Small mute point.

Maybe I can start working on it now with my kids.

Well maybe just my son. {so we don't have to pay for it}.

Hey Princess JV - Those where my thoughts exactly - I thought "I want to get married here". "Oh crap, wait, I already am"

Definitely start working on it with the kids and put out that coin jar to start saving for it!!!!!

Of course - that depends on how old your kids are. With my kids I need the $100 bill jar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post

BTW- maybe the sign in the water shoud read "stay out of the darn lake!"
That wouldn't quite fit with the GF theme, would it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
MEK your pictures of the wedding chappel are gorgeous! I know someone whom I met here on the DIS that got married at WDW, she had Cinderella's carriage drop her off at the chappel and everything, talk about a girls dream! Her wedding pictures are AMAZING!

I bet that was the most amazing wedding! OH - I would love to see those pictures. How totally cool!

Quote:
Very cool pic Jen!

:
I totally agree! That was a very "artsy" shot! Great idea!

Quote:
Me too! I'm hoping one of my boys (or both) will pick a Disney loving girl to marry and I can help persuade her
Now there's a really creative angle! Smart thinking!!!!! Maybe I'll try that, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Practically_Perfect View Post
Ladies - your pictures of the GF are absolutely gorgeous!! You should post some of them in the Resort Pics forum for the GF - it's in need of some shots like yours!
I am sure we could help with that. I haven't been over to the resort board in ages so I might have to give that food a trial.

More Replies coming up!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 01-20-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #924
manntra
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh!! This is one of my favorite updates EVER!!! I want to get married now...please find me a Disney loving guy!!! So beautiful!!
I was never a super girly girl either....I have 3 older brothers but I REALLY love this!!! I did see some of it once on a bridal show on Lifetime or something like that

I admire your courageous stalking abilities MEK

I have a hidden Mickey tattoo on the top of my foot Well I guess it really isn't hidden then

I love both of your sets of pictures....you really captured Old Flo
Did you go to the "main" pool? I can't imagine what that looks like!!

Happy double digit day MEK, Cynthia, Jen and Melissa!!! C and I are dancing tomorrow!!

Tracy

Last edited by manntra; 01-20-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #925
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
gorgeous gorgeous pictures ladies! So many I love that it's hard to comment on them all.

Mary Ellen,

Love the interior with the stained glass. Sigh. Do you know there is a new line of Disney Princess inspired gowns coming out?(I think they blew it on the Cindy dress but I digress). I'm not a princessy girl either (though fairly girly) so oh what a setting! What pictures! It's funny, I've seen a couple of wedding pictures from Disney Weddings including the interior of the chapel but never noticed the castle backdrop either.

I remember looking in when K and went to the GF spa in 08 but we didn't try to go in. good for you for seizing the moment!
What a great marketing idea - Disney inspired princess gowns!

That chapel was so wonderful. I think being in there would make the most unlikely princess girl suddenly turn into a princess. I could just FEEL the vibes in there. It was crazy! Really crazy! It's like you walk in and the angles sing to you!

I don't think I would have had to guts to go in there if I hadn't seen that other woman sneak in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Jen, I love your candids! The sand writing, the hidden mickey tattoo.

Fun fun fun!!!

Great monorail and GF shots all around ladies!

What a fun morning you had.
We did have so much fun. It was great doing something totally different.

I will admit, Jen got a ton of great shots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I the pictures of the wedding chapel! Caitlin has been dreaming of getting married there since she was 12! ( of course I'm hoping she finds a wealthy young man who can afford it )

Nice updates
I could totally see Caitlin rockin' that wedding chapel! I just don't know whether she would go for the super princess look or the sleek, glam look. Either way, she is going to make a beautiful bride in or out of that chapel. But I could totally see her doing a Disney wedding. And I will be there to stalk, big time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Sounds like you were very lucky to find the chapel unlocked. Thanks for sharing your pictures! Would sure like to be in WDW this afternoon!
That was some serious pixie dust. I did get totally lucky!!!! It was so cool going in there. I remember thinking - I can't wait to post these pics on the boards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Oh my gosh!! This is one of my favorite updates EVER!!! I want to get married now...please find me a Disney loving guy!!! So beautiful!!
I was never a super girly girl either....I have 3 older brothers but I REALLY love this!!! I did see some of it once on a bridal show on Lifetime or something like that
So glad you like OMG - you have to have a Disney wedding! I could totally see that and this place was gorgeous. Maybe we will find the Disney loving guy in May. You never know!

It really is an amazing place. I have never before been in a place where I have had that magical of a feeling!

Quote:
I admire your courageous stalking abilities MEK
Why, thank you!

Quote:
I have a hidden Mickey tattoo on the top of my foot Well I guess it really isn't hidden then
If I was ever to get a tattoo, it would most definitely be a Mickey. I love that idea!

Quote:

I love both of your sets of pictures....you really captured Old Flo
Did you go to the "main" pool? I can't imagine what that looks like!!
Thanks.

Yup - we went to the main pool next. We didn't spend as much time there, so not as many pics, but we have a few,

Quote:
Happy double digit day MEK, Cynthia, Jen and Melissa!!! C and I are dancing tomorrow!!

Tracy

WOOT! I did not know that! Thank for reminding me!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #926
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

I have no idea where I left off after another Dis hiatus! But, I will go back and find out!

I did checkout your wedding chapel updates though! WOW! You go MEK! I don't think I would have been brave enough to go in! It's amazing!!!! Good (or bad) thing for me that DD wants to get married at WDW! She's totally 150% princess, girly girl! I can totally picture her all grown up, standing at that alter in a beautiful gown with her prince charming Ok, I'm off to check the balance in the savings account now
Old 01-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #927
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I have no idea where I left off after another Dis hiatus! But, I will go back and find out!
Well, hopefully the chapter links will help. Good thing about our TR is that its mostly pictures. Makes the reading go a lot easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I did checkout your wedding chapel updates though! WOW! You go MEK! I don't think I would have been brave enough to go in! It's amazing!!!! Good (or bad) thing for me that DD wants to get married at WDW! She's totally 150% princess, girly girl! I can totally picture her all grown up, standing at that alter in a beautiful gown with her prince charming Ok, I'm off to check the balance in the savings account now

that's right - I remember you saying that DD is a girly girl. Then this is the perfect spot for her, as long as you don't have to sell your DVC to finance it! Thank goodness you only have one girl.

And, I am SURE you would have been brave enough to go in there if you had the opportunity. There was no question. I figured, when was I ever going to see it again!

Old 01-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #928
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

You ladies did some great stealth touring! I love that you snuck in and got those for us all to see. I have never seen any photos of the inside anywhere, so this was such a treat!

You are both so creative with your shots. toes in the sand, reflections off of mirrors, HMs in ankles, you name it! Very nice!

Old 01-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #929
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I was thinking ok you will be posting pix of a chapel. Big deal. Whoa, I should have known better, after all this is Disney!

Beautiful place, enough to make me ditch the DH & get remarried there!!

Mary Ellen, your pictures just keep getting better all of the time.

Doris
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 01-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #930
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
You ladies did some great stealth touring! I love that you snuck in and got those for us all to see. I have never seen any photos of the inside anywhere, so this was such a treat!
It was so totally cool to be in there. It was as exciting as when I made it to the roof of the WL. Its just one of those WOW moments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
You are both so creative with your shots. toes in the sand, reflections off of mirrors, HMs in ankles, you name it! Very nice!
That's Jen. She really used her time wisely that day. Now I have lots of good ideas for the May trip. SO - Watch out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I was thinking ok you will be posting pix of a chapel. Big deal. Whoa, I should have known better, after all this is Disney!

Beautiful place, enough to make me ditch the DH & get remarried there!!
That place was amazing. Seriously....the pictures don't even begin to do it justice. Its so perfect. I hope I get a chance to get back in there some day. I probably never will, but I can dream.

I thought the same thing as you - can I ditch my DH and get remarried? what some of us won't do for Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post

Mary Ellen, your pictures just keep getting better all of the time.

Doris
Thanks - but I think the really cool pics are Jens. She definitely has the creative edge!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: