DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #91
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Thanks for picking this TR back up, I didn't see it orginally.

I love love love the photos taken at SSR because it looks so nice and warm there. You can just see the humidity and heat in those photos and it's something I yearn to feel (It's cold and snowy outside here in Wisconsin). I really don't mind Florida in August.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #92
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDays View Post
Thanks for this great trip report! I can't wait to read more. It looks like you had a ball!! Will you be on the 2011 Member Cruise?
I had such a great time on the cruise and at the resorts. It was a very relaxing vacation and I enjoyed spending time with my family. Unfortunately, I will not be on this year's member cruise since, fortunatley, I will be going on a cruise in August. Thank you for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Marsha - so glad you are starting your TR back up. It will be like reliving our cruise all over again. Only I saw a picture of my backside, and ughhhhh. Not very pretty. lol.

Hope all is well with you and your family. Can't wait for the next post.
Hi Chris! Glad you are still onboard. I like doing TRs because they always bring back memories. And, don't worry about seeing your backside. I did not even notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famvaca View Post
Thanks
Your're welcome and thank you for continuing to read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famvaca View Post
Great pictures
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayfolks View Post
WOO - HOO!! Thank you for coming back!
Thank you for giving me the push I needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Thank you for coming back. Great pictures and looking forward to more.
You are welcome and thank you for reading. I was so happy to be using my new camera. It really took some great shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Thanks for picking this TR back up, I didn't see it orginally.

I love love love the photos taken at SSR because it looks so nice and warm there. You can just see the humidity and heat in those photos and it's something I yearn to feel (It's cold and snowy outside here in Wisconsin). I really don't mind Florida in August.
I am glad you found it. The weather was beautiful. I wish it was like that outside not. But, unfortunately it is sleeting. It has been so cold. I am going back to my happy place ... thinking warm thoughts and thinking about WDW and DCL.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
BigDogHU75 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #93
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

DIS Meet

One of the great things about the DIS is chatting with people who will be cruising with you before you cruise. And, when you finally meet, it is like meeting old friends. We had a great bunch of people on our cruise meet thread and I was so excited to finally meet them in person. Some I had met before on the '09 cruise so it was great seeing them again too.

Before leaving for the cruise, I made a mini-navigator for our DIS meet thread.

So, I grabbed the mini-navigator and DH, DS, DMIL, & I headed to the Promenade Lounge for our DIS meet.

It was great seeing everyone and of course I had my camera ready. Here are a few pictures from the meet.

Next it was time to get ready for the muster drill. So we headed back to our room to prepare.

The muster drill was not too bad this time around. DS was not irritated or overly tired like on the '09 SSMC. However, there was this couple who showed up late with drinks in hand and no life jackets who proceeded to question the condition of the lifeboat we were standing under. So, annoying! After the muster drill, we headed back to our room and got ready for the sail away party.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Old 01-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #94
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Sail Away Party

I was so excited to be going to the sail away party. This would be the first one I have attended. I was looking forward to it more than anyone else and it did not disappoint. I was even shown on the jumbotron. I wish I got a picture of that but I was too busy dancing. Here are a few pictures form the sail away party.

Me waving to some of my DIS friends:

DS had a great view sitting on his uncle's shoulders.

After the party, we headed back to our staterooms to relax a little before dinner. We did not have much time before dinner but I did have the opportunity to look at the navigator.

I also read about staying connected but I really did not want to stay connected so it was a quick read.

DH was concerned about what was showing on tv and what was playing in the theater.

Now, it was time to get ready for dinner. Tonight we would be dining in Animator's Palate.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #95
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Animator's Palate is one of my favorite restaurants. Despite what some say about the show, I really enjoy it. I love how the restaurant changes from black and white to color as you dine. I know the Animator's Palate on the Disney Dream is different. I am hoping that it will have the same appeal.

This time around, I did not get any copies of the menus, except for the children's menu. But, I did take pictures of the food. And, when I forgot DH reminded me. I have trained him well.

Now, for pictures of the food & decor:

Decor:

Menu Covers:

Dip for the bread:

Appetizers:

Soups/Salads:

Old 02-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #96
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Animator's Palate Continued

Main course:

The Finale to the Show:

And, the finale to our dinner - DESSERT:

YUMMO:

On this night we also celebrated DMIL's b-day:

The meal was delicious. We all left felling very satisfied. I also took some more pictures of the decor since who knows when I will be on the Disney Wonder again.

This is a picture of the special artwork commissioned for the member's cruise:
Old 02-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #97
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

After dinner, we dropped DS off at the Oceaneer's Club and then went to the Golden Mickeys. The GPs were not too thrilled with dropping DS off but he seemed to be find with it. Of course, I snapped some pictures along the way.

Now for the:

I love the Golden Mickeys and can't wait to see the revised one on the Dream.

I took pictures of the sign language interpreters because they were excellent. I found myself watching them a lot. They were awesome every night.

Then, we headed off to pick up DS. Though he was having a good time, he came willingly.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #98
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

After picking up DS from the club, we headed back to our room to rest. It was a long but fun filled day. When we arrived at our room, our FE was overflowing.

One of the FE gifts:

Towel Animal:

The sofa converted into a bed for DS:

I finally had a chance to look at the Castaway Club gift.

Overall, it was a great day. Now, for some shut eye since tomorrow will be a great day at Castaway Cay.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #99
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Loving your report!
Your little boy is adorable.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:40 AM   #100
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Wow - great job and a lot of work with your trip report. Thank you for taking the time. Everything looks absolutely great!!

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:45 PM   #101
poohbear luvs grumpy
Mouseketeer

Hope your not done yet. Again you have done an excellent job at getting me excited for my own upcoming trip.
poohbear luvs grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:08 AM   #102
dopeygirl76
DIS Veteran

Marsha - So glad you are reliving our cruise!!! I love the photos!!! It puts me right back there!!!
Dec 06 POP (First Family trip - ME 6 months preg) Nov 07 POFQ with MIL & FIL Apr 08 SSR 1st DVC, DD 4th b-day, ME & DH 7th ANN Oct 08 VWL Apr 09 OKW, FILs 60th Bday Nov 09 BCVApr 10 OKW DSis HS grad the WHOLE famSept 10 SSMC 1st time Cruising and BLT!Apr 11AKV-Kidani 10th Anniversary & EasterDec 11SSR 1st CPMay 12Disney's Doubletree DTD work & fun all in one!Aug 12 DCL 5day Carribbean CruiseNov 12 Thanksgiving with the Mouse!!!
dopeygirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:37 AM   #103
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Loving your report!
Your little boy is adorable.
Thank you to both comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Wow - great job and a lot of work with your trip report. Thank you for taking the time. Everything looks absolutely great!!
You're welcome. I apologize that it has been taking so long for me to update it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear luvs grumpy View Post
Hope your not done yet. Again you have done an excellent job at getting me excited for my own upcoming trip.
No, I am not done. I definitely plan on completing it because I do not like to leave things unfinished. Plus, I like reliving the moment.

When is your trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeygirl76 View Post
Marsha - So glad you are reliving our cruise!!! I love the photos!!! It puts me right back there!!!
Thank you. Please feel free to add any comments along the way. How are you and the family doing?
Old 02-26-2011, 08:48 AM   #104
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

SSMC Day 2 - Castaway Cay

We were so excited to be stepping on Castaway Cay again. The night before I ordered breakfast through room service for DS & DH since I knew I would be going to the Hawaii Homecoming Presentation. Room service arrived right on time. I left it on the table for DS & DH and headed out with my MIL to the presentation. Before I talk about the presentation, here is the navigator for the day.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:20 AM   #105
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Hawaii Homecoming Presentation

As usual, the presentation was held in the Walt Disney Theater.

The presentation was actually pretty good. For those of you who have not been on the member cruise, DVC hosts a presentation where members can discover some of the incentives that DVC is offering on the cruise. Each year, the presentation has a theme. The 2010 theme was Hawaii Homecomig which was a presentation about the new DVC resort, Aulani. I really enjoyed the presentation because of the speaker, Joe Rohde, the leader of the creative team for Aulani.

He was a great presenter. He was very knowledgeable not oonly about Aulani, but Hawaii since he grew up in Hawaii. From the pictures that were shown and the discussion about all of the little details that are going into the resort, I am sure Aulani will be a stunning.

After Joe's presentation, the guides told us about the incentives.

At the presentation on the 2010 SSMC, the Aulani incentives were:
Deeded to 2062
No closing cost
$114 per vacation points
Price increase either Nov. 21 or Nov. 26 (I can't read my own handwriting).
Annual dues: $4.31 per vacation point estimated for 2011.

With the purchase of 125 vacation points or more you received the limited addition artwork of Beauty & the Beast created by Rodell Gonzalez - Disney Fine Artist (picture above) and a $10 per point discount which was approx. a $1250 credit.

With the purchase of 160 vacation points or more you were considered a founding member and your name would go on the Pohaku (limited to the first 800 people), a $12 per point disocunt, and a $1500 Visa pre-paid card.

With the purchase of 200 vacation points or more you received the LE artwork and founding member status plus a $2000 Visa pre-paid card.

With the purchase of 250 vacation points or more you received the LE artwork and founding member status plus a $14 per point discount, you were confirmed for the 2011 SSMC oceanview room for up to 4 people or a $2500 pre-paid Visa card.

With the purchase of 320 vacation points or more you received the LE artwork and founding member status plus a $16 per point discount and a confirmation for the 2011 SSMC verandah room or a $3000 pre-paid Visa card.

With the purchase of 500 vacation points or more you received the LE artwork and founding member status plus an $18 per point discount and a confirmation on the 2011 SSMC or $5000 pre-paid Visa card.

The giveaways at the presentation were a (1) one time allotment of 50 points, (2) a one time allottment of 100 points, and (3) a 1 week RCI 1-bedroom stay.

After the presentation, the attendees were given a little menehune, a great craftsman, who lives deep in the Hawaiian forests and stay out of sight of humans. You will statutes of the menehune strategically placed throughout Aulani.

Now, off to Castaway Cay...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: