DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #46
dclfun
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great report and photos! Can't wait to read the rest, but I know how it is after a long vacation and trying to get back into reality- there's never enough time. Your son is adorable!---Kathy

Skye sitting in the "poop deck" on the Disney Dream, April, 2011. We just returned from a back to back cruise on the Dream, so she's now sailed 12 times on DCL!
dclfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #47
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeygirl76 View Post
Hi Marsha!!! So glad I found your TR!!!! I have been trying to get to mine too but I had to see your thoughts of SSR - our home - we LOVE it there- actually I am missing it reading your TR because we are on a quest to try all of the DVCs after our stay at AKV next April we will only have BWV to go!!!

We stayed at BLT after the cruise but did a studio lake view - that was our first stay in a studio ever and it wasn't horrible but for the four of us - very cramped!!! It seems you mostly travel with family so definately do the 1 or 2 bedroom - I did take pics of the fireworks at the TOTWL - AMAZING!!!!!

I can't wait for your AKV part!!! I am anxious to learn all I can!!!
We still have a ways to go before we will be able to say we have tried all of the DVC resorts. We have only stayed at AKV, BCV, & now SSR. I think we are going to stay at BLT next so I cannot wait for the BLT part of your TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Love the Turf Club update. The Turf Club is on our must-do eats list for our next trip.
The food was very good. I would highly recommend the crabcakes and the pork tenderloin. YUMMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlemgirl720 View Post
Loving your report. Cannot wait to read the rest.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo View Post
Hi Chris!! Hi Nikki!!! I'm finally making my way over to Marsha's trip report!

It's about time!

We actually did that a few years ago! We stayed there for a long weekend and only went to MK for the Pirate & Princess party. Unfortunately it poured down rain the whole night, but we still made the best of it! Got some really cute pictures of the kids in their yellow rain poncho's!

Marsha - we stayed at BLT after the cruise. It was a nice resort! HOWEVER, I advise ANYONE who plans to stay there...BE VERY CAREFUL IN THE BATHROOM AND KITCHENETTE AREAS!!! The marble floors are VERY slippery! I'm glad we didn't have our kids with us because they are accident prone and I KNOW we would have had a trip to the hospital from one or both of them slipping and splitting their head open on that marble floor! We loved the slide at the pool. And agree with Chris, the pool was somewhat small at BLT. But that slide rocks!!!!

I can't wait to read your CRUISE portion of your trip report!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the warning. I will keep the tip about the marble floors in mind. DH cannot wait to stay there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post
HI MARSHA, REMEMBER ME YEP YOU TAKE MORE PHOTOS THAN ME IVE DOWNLOADED A FEW OF YOURS. I SEE A COUPLE FAMILIAR NAMES IN HERE. THE PEOPLE THAT WE CRUISED WITH MADE THE CRUISE THE ENJOYABLE CRUISE IT WAS. THANKS FOR HELPING TO MAKE THE CRUISE A BLAST. I WILL READ YOUR REPORT AND BORROW SOME PHOTOS
Who are you again? Oh, yes! You are the crazy one. Hi Ian!
Feel free to "borrow" some photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohNFriends View Post
Love what I've seen so far! Can't wait to see some more pics of your journey!
Glad you are liking the pictures. I have a lot more to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclfun View Post
Thanks for the great report and photos! Can't wait to read the rest, but I know how it is after a long vacation and trying to get back into reality- there's never enough time. Your son is adorable!---Kathy
You're welcome and thank you. I am supposed to be at work today but both DS & I are . Meanwhile, work is piling up on my desk as we speak. Oh well!
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
BigDogHU75 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2010, 01:45 PM   #48
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

So, where did I leave off? Oh, yes! DMIL & DBIL had arrived. DH was taking DBIL to the resort and the rest of us were catching the bus back to the Grandstand. DMIL & DBIL were in a deluxe studio right across the hall from us.

DMIL & DBIL had an obstructed view of the Grandstand pool:

Seeing the pool made me want to go and explore it a little more. After DBIL & DMIL settled in they decided to go to the store to pick up some milk, ice cream for my DF, and coffee. You know, the staples. DH decided to go with them. While they were out getting lost, I mean grocery shopping, DS, DM, DF, & I decided to check out the pool.

We thought it was going to rain on our heads. Look at the sky in the picture above. But, the forboding sky did not deter us, especially DS.

After DS finished lounging, he & I ran proceeded to run in the sprinklers. I avoided to stay semi-dry. DS, on the other hand, was soaked by the time we went inside.

Once inside, I gave DS a bath in the big tub which he loved. Then we settled in for the evening. Once DH came back from the store, he & his brother decided to go to DTD to the AMC theater to watch a movie which DH enjoyed.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Old 10-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #49
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful morning!

DS was up bright and early. The weather was beautiful! Perfect for swimming! Once I gave DS some breakfast & we aroused DH from Slumber Land, we headed out to the pool. Before the pool, DH stopped by DBIL & DMIL's room to see if they wanted to go. They would meet us out by the pool and so would my parents.

We had a blast in the pool! We had the pool to ourselves during most of our time in it. DS loves the water.

While we were in the pool, we noticed a skywriter. He was writing this:

While we were outsied, I was hoping this little stand would open up. But, it never did.

I was getting hungry & thirsty. With the smell of BBQ wafting through the air (someone was barbecuing on the grills by the pool), we decided to go inside. My parents never did make it out. In fact, they were about to come outside when we were headed inside. We were out there for almost two hours at the least. They said they were relaxing and enjoying their coffee and breakfast.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #50
beeadude
It's a Small World Afterall

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
So glad that you enjoyed SSR. Now that you have stayed at my home, , you can see why I said it was so beautiful. We just love it there. And you stayed in our favorite section, the GRANDSTAND! We just love that pool and the grounds and the rooms, ahhhhhhhh.

Your pictures have really helped me from missing our home resort.

But I saw where you said Corey wants to stay at BLT, which is our other home resort, well we stayed there after the Members Cruise (1st time) and LOVED IT! If you thought the 2 bedroom rooms at SSR were spacious just wait until you try that at BLT. And there were 3 bathrooms. Score! And we asked for a cheap view room, well we may have only been on the 2nd floor but had a great view of the Magic Kingdom! The girls could watch the fireworks while lying in bed. It was just awesome.

The only complaint we had was that they could have made the pool and pool area bigger for the BLT part. We walked over to the Contemporary Quite Pool area and enjoyed ourselves far better than we did at the BLT Pool. But that was just us. Small pool, lots of people = not much fun for us. However, we did like the slide at BLT pool.

Can't wait for your next update.
We also left the BLT pool for the pool at the Contemporary. We were annoyed that so many unsupervised kids were using the hot tub to do cannon balls!!! Also, one little kid came down the slide super fast and totally went under. Good thing Chuck was right there to pull him up-the life guard was about to jump in but Chuck got the kid to the side. His parents were busy @ the bar.

beeadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #51
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeadude View Post
We also left the BLT pool for the pool at the Contemporary. We were annoyed that so many unsupervised kids were using the hot tub to do cannon balls!!! Also, one little kid came down the slide super fast and totally went under. Good thing Chuck was right there to pull him up-the life guard was about to jump in but Chuck got the kid to the side. His parents were busy @ the bar.
NICE!!! Just because it's WDW doesn't mean something bad can't happen!!! People are just crazy, aren't they?!

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:02 PM   #52
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Off to House of Blues

After returning to the room we showered, changed into our clothes and had a snack. I wanted to DS to take a nap but he would not fall asleep. He rested on the couch with his Granny for a little while.

Then I took him into the Master bedroom where he finally fell asleep. I knew he was tired after spending a couple of hours in the pool. While DS was sleeping I rested too. DH & his brother decided to see how long the walk was to the Carriage House (where check-in and the restaurants are). They said the walk was not long at all. I also decided to chage our ADR at the House of Blues. We originally had an ADR at the House of Blues for 4:15 p.m. which I changed to 5:00 p.m. since DS fell asleep late. Plus, I needed to get my Disney Rewards card. I ordered it before we left home but it did not arrive in time. So, I needed to stop at Guest Relations in DTD before heading to our ADR.

We decided that we would take the ferry which we saw the day before while we were dining at the Turf Club. So, we headed out to catch the bus. The bus ride over really made me wish that I had more time to explore the resort. Once we got off the bus I had to take this picture.

GORGEOUS!

We then walked to the Carriage House to catch the ferry. When we arrived, a ferry was pulling up.

We hopped on and got situated. We had the ferry to ourselves.

During our ride, I snapped some pictures along the way. It was such a scenic view.

After a few short minutes, we were at DTD. The ferry dropped us off at Pleasure Island. We could either catch another ferry to the West Side where Guest Relations and House of Blues were or we could walk. We decided to walk. It was hot out so it was a leisurely walk. We also stopped in some stores along the way.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #53
beeadude

Found YOU

Hi Marsha. So glad I also found you. You have the knack of us wanting to read more. I never stayed at the Grandstand-we always stayed facing Downtown Disney. Thanks to your pictures Grandstand will be our next stop!
Vicki

Old 10-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #54
RysMomma
Mouseketeer

Loving your trip report. Can't wait to read more!

RysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:17 AM   #55
dopeygirl76
DIS Veteran

Hi again Marsha!! The photos are awesome!!! Charles looks worn out!!! Can't wait to read about the cruise!!!!
Dec 06 POP (First Family trip - ME 6 months preg) Nov 07 POFQ with MIL & FIL Apr 08 SSR 1st DVC, DD 4th b-day, ME & DH 7th ANN Oct 08 VWL Apr 09 OKW, FILs 60th Bday Nov 09 BCVApr 10 OKW DSis HS grad the WHOLE famSept 10 SSMC 1st time Cruising and BLT!Apr 11AKV-Kidani 10th Anniversary & EasterDec 11SSR 1st CPMay 12Disney's Doubletree DTD work & fun all in one!Aug 12 DCL 5day Carribbean CruiseNov 12 Thanksgiving with the Mouse!!!
dopeygirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:02 AM   #56
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Marsha. So glad I also found you. You have the knack of us wanting to read more. I never stayed at the Grandstand-we always stayed facing Downtown Disney. Thanks to your pictures Grandstand will be our next stop!
Vicki
I am glad you found me! We loved the Grandstand. The pool was so close and not as crowded as the main pool. We had a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RysMomma View Post
Loving your trip report. Can't wait to read more!
Thank you. More will be coming soon now that I have uploaded all of the pictures and scanned in all of the navigators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeygirl76 View Post
Hi again Marsha!! The photos are awesome!!! Charles looks worn out!!! Can't wait to read about the cruise!!!!
Thank you! Charles was worn out. He did not want to take a nap but I knew he would be tired. I am glad he eventually fell asleep. When he woke up (with a little nudge from me) he was refreshed and ready to go.
I will start "reporting" on the cruise by the end of this week.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:43 AM   #57
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Glad you liked Turf Club as much as we do. It's on our "must do" dining list every trip.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:55 AM   #58
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Yes, we were in the hot tub when a little girl with a life jacket, a life jacket I say, did a cannon ball. I was not happy with that. I mean, come on. It is a hot tub not the pool.

And good thing Chuck was there for the little kid. Some parents, huh.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:42 AM   #59
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Saratoga Springs Resorts is such a lovely resort - the rooms are so beautiful! It's nice to have a day of relaxation before hitting the parks

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #60
beeadude

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Yes, we were in the hot tub when a little girl with a life jacket, a life jacket I say, did a cannon ball. I was not happy with that. I mean, come on. It is a hot tub not the pool.

And good thing Chuck was there for the little kid. Some parents, huh.
When are you going to the Food and Wine Festival? Chuck and I leave Thursday. I think Terrie and Wally are there now. We will be at BLT.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: