DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #31
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Great pictures. SSR looks really nice. Thanks for sharing. I don't see too many pictures of the resort/villas.

Have not stayed here and am still on my plan to try them all
Thank you. I enjoy taking pictures and posting them since I know I scour the boards to find out all of the information that I can about a resort.

I too plan on trying out all of the resorts. DH wants to try BLT next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Princess View Post
The grounds do look beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. They are worth 1000 words; we haven't stayed at Saratoga yet, so I appreciated seeing the units.
You are so welcome. Saratoga Springs is a beautiful resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFERBABE View Post
Beautiful Pictures!

I love SSR and I agree the grounds and resort are just gorgeous!! I was there Labor Day weekend and was so impressed with all the landscaping and varieties of flowers on my morning walks. Love the music they play in the common areas, jazzy and relaxing

Your room looks great! I was in the GS section also but in the first bldg in front of the GS Pool.
We were so glad we were near the pool. DS had a blast at the pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Love the photos. Cannot wait for our frist trip home.
I know you will enjoy your first trip "home."

Quote:
Originally Posted by myolite View Post
Saratoga is one of my favorite resorts. We could just stay there and not even go to the parks.
We did not go to the parks at all this trip. We just enjoyed the resorts and did not feel like we missed a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsolomon View Post
Thanks for the report
You're welcome. Thanks for reading it.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
BigDogHU75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #32
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

After relaxing in the room for a bit, we headed over to the Turf Club Bar & Grill.

We did not have to wait too long for a bus and in no time we were at the Turf Club after a short walk from the bus stop. Once inside, I took pictures of the hallway leading to the Turf Club.

When we arrived, it was close to 5:00 p.m. which meant the restaurant was seitching over to the dinner menu. We were still given the menu for lunch, however, since we asked to be seated as soon as possible. We perused the lunch menu and asked to look at the dinner menu as well.

We opted to order from the dinner menu and asked the CM if that was okay which, of course, it was. While we waited to be seated, we could have played a game of pool but DS was at the beginning stages of having a meltdown so DH took him to watch tv.

We did not have to wait too long to be seated. But, while we were waiting to be seated, we noticed that the ferry stop was right outside. DM commented that it would be nice to ride the ferry. It was decided that tomorrow we would catch the ferry to DTD.

Now, I usually take a picture of the food that everyone orders but we were all so hungery when the food arrived we just dug right into it. I did manage to take a couple of pictures.

The crabcakes were DELISH! And, my dad had the most tender pork tenderloin I have ever tested. Everyone was very pleased with the meal. By the time we were finished eating, DH received a phone call that DMIL & DBIL had arrived. He told them to come to the lobby and we would meet them there. DH & DS headed out first while I waited with my parents to pay the bill.

When we finally arrived in the lobby, there was DH waiting ever so patiently for us - NOT.

But, DS did not mind the wait at all. He was so busy & happy playing with a ballon that a CM had given him.

DH decided that he would ride with his brother in the car to show him how to get to the room. The rest of us took the bus back.

Up next: More of SSR.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #33
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

OMG Marsha, just found your TR. I have been looking for it on the cruise thread. Glad to have finally found it. So glad that you are doing one on the cruise, and all of your vacation, but especially the cruise .

Now I have to go catch up.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #34
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
OMG Marsha, just found your TR. I have been looking for it on the cruise thread. Glad to have finally found it. So glad that you are doing one on the cruise, and all of your vacation, but especially the cruise .

Now I have to go catch up.
Glad you found it. More updates will be coming soon.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #35
disneychic
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your TR!! Great photos too -- seeing all of your great pics of SSR is getting me soooo excited for our trip there later this week!
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #36
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

So glad that you enjoyed SSR. Now that you have stayed at my home, , you can see why I said it was so beautiful. We just love it there. And you stayed in our favorite section, the GRANDSTAND! We just love that pool and the grounds and the rooms, ahhhhhhhh.

Your pictures have really helped me from missing our home resort.

But I saw where you said Corey wants to stay at BLT, which is our other home resort, well we stayed there after the Members Cruise (1st time) and LOVED IT! If you thought the 2 bedroom rooms at SSR were spacious just wait until you try that at BLT. And there were 3 bathrooms. Score! And we asked for a cheap view room, well we may have only been on the 2nd floor but had a great view of the Magic Kingdom! The girls could watch the fireworks while lying in bed. It was just awesome.

The only complaint we had was that they could have made the pool and pool area bigger for the BLT part. We walked over to the Contemporary Quite Pool area and enjoyed ourselves far better than we did at the BLT Pool. But that was just us. Small pool, lots of people = not much fun for us. However, we did like the slide at BLT pool.

Can't wait for your next update.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #37
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic View Post
I'm loving your TR!! Great photos too -- seeing all of your great pics of SSR is getting me soooo excited for our trip there later this week!
You are going to love the resort. I wish I had more time to explore it. Have a great trip!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #38
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
So glad that you enjoyed SSR. Now that you have stayed at my home, , you can see why I said it was so beautiful. We just love it there. And you stayed in our favorite section, the GRANDSTAND! We just love that pool and the grounds and the rooms, ahhhhhhhh.

Your pictures have really helped me from missing our home resort.

But I saw where you said Corey wants to stay at BLT, which is our other home resort, well we stayed there after the Members Cruise (1st time) and LOVED IT! If you thought the 2 bedroom rooms at SSR were spacious just wait until you try that at BLT. And there were 3 bathrooms. Score! And we asked for a cheap view room, well we may have only been on the 2nd floor but had a great view of the Magic Kingdom! The girls could watch the fireworks while lying in bed. It was just awesome.

The only complaint we had was that they could have made the pool and pool area bigger for the BLT part. We walked over to the Contemporary Quite Pool area and enjoyed ourselves far better than we did at the BLT Pool. But that was just us. Small pool, lots of people = not much fun for us. However, we did like the slide at BLT pool.

Can't wait for your next update.
Now, we will have to try BLT. When Corey was younger, he stayed at Contemporary. He called it the monorail resort when he was younger. I think he wants to relive his childhood. I am going to try to book it at the 7 month window for August after our cruise.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #39
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogHU75 View Post
Now, we will have to try BLT. When Corey was younger, he stayed at Contemporary. He called it the monorail resort when he was younger. I think he wants to relive his childhood. I am going to try to book it at the 7 month window for August after our cruise.
That is so funny. Because we stayed at the Contemporary, in the North Wing - where BLT is now - on our honeymoon (20 years ago) and said the same thing.

Great minds!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:48 AM   #40
dopeygirl76
DIS Veteran

Hi Marsha!!! So glad I found your TR!!!! I have been trying to get to mine too but I had to see your thoughts of SSR - our home - we LOVE it there- actually I am missing it reading your TR because we are on a quest to try all of the DVCs after our stay at AKV next April we will only have BWV to go!!!

We stayed at BLT after the cruise but did a studio lake view - that was our first stay in a studio ever and it wasn't horrible but for the four of us - very cramped!!! It seems you mostly travel with family so definately do the 1 or 2 bedroom - I did take pics of the fireworks at the TOTWL - AMAZING!!!!!

I can't wait for your AKV part!!! I am anxious to learn all I can!!!
Dec 06 POP (First Family trip - ME 6 months preg) Nov 07 POFQ with MIL & FIL Apr 08 SSR 1st DVC, DD 4th b-day, ME & DH 7th ANN Oct 08 VWL Apr 09 OKW, FILs 60th Bday Nov 09 BCVApr 10 OKW DSis HS grad the WHOLE famSept 10 SSMC 1st time Cruising and BLT!Apr 11AKV-Kidani 10th Anniversary & EasterDec 11SSR 1st CPMay 12Disney's Doubletree DTD work & fun all in one!Aug 12 DCL 5day Carribbean CruiseNov 12 Thanksgiving with the Mouse!!!
dopeygirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:56 AM   #41
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Love the Turf Club update. The Turf Club is on our must-do eats list for our next trip.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #42
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran

Loving your report. Cannot wait to read the rest.

Harlemgirl720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #43
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

Hi Chris!! Hi Nikki!!! I'm finally making my way over to Marsha's trip report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myolite View Post
Saratoga is one of my favorite resorts. We could just stay there and not even go to the parks.
We actually did that a few years ago! We stayed there for a long weekend and only went to MK for the Pirate & Princess party. Unfortunately it poured down rain the whole night, but we still made the best of it! Got some really cute pictures of the kids in their yellow rain poncho's!

Marsha - we stayed at BLT after the cruise. It was a nice resort! HOWEVER, I advise ANYONE who plans to stay there...BE VERY CAREFUL IN THE BATHROOM AND KITCHENETTE AREAS!!! The marble floors are VERY slippery! I'm glad we didn't have our kids with us because they are accident prone and I KNOW we would have had a trip to the hospital from one or both of them slipping and splitting their head open on that marble floor! We loved the slide at the pool. And agree with Chris, the pool was somewhat small at BLT. But that slide rocks!!!!

I can't wait to read your CRUISE portion of your trip report!!!!!!!!

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #44
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

HI MARSHA, REMEMBER ME YEP YOU TAKE MORE PHOTOS THAN ME IVE DOWNLOADED A FEW OF YOURS. I SEE A COUPLE FAMILIAR NAMES IN HERE. THE PEOPLE THAT WE CRUISED WITH MADE THE CRUISE THE ENJOYABLE CRUISE IT WAS. THANKS FOR HELPING TO MAKE THE CRUISE A BLAST. I WILL READ YOUR REPORT AND BORROW SOME PHOTOS
Old 10-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #45
PoohNFriends
Yes, I'm one of those crazy animal people!

Love what I've seen so far! Can't wait to see some more pics of your journey!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: