DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #16
Chim Chiminy
Only problem is stale marshmallows sting..........especially when hit repeatedly in the behind.........

Looking forward to the rest!
Your little boy is adorable.

July 2010 BCV/AKV/VB trip
October 2010 DCL/BCV trip
Chim Chiminy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #17
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Even though I'm not a DVC owner (yet ), I am excited for all of you for such an awesome trip! What fun plans!!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2010, 10:33 PM   #18
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Hi All! Let me tell you, getting back to work is no fun. I am still in vacation mode and work will not let me enjoy it. It has been so busy I have not been able to get on the computer when I get home because I am so tired. But, I wanted to let all of you know that I am still here and I plan on doing another addition(s) to my TR this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellymouse View Post
Subscribing. Can't wait to read it!
Thank you for subbing. You will have more to read soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizney4us View Post
Looking forward to reading about your trip!!
I will posting pictures and an update soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixieflip View Post
Wow! How exciting! Can't wait to hear more!! We're just headed to SSR in 17 days, so I'm looking forward to what you have to say.
You will enjoy SSR. We stayed in the Grandstand section and it was lovely. We were write next to the pool. I will be posting pics of SSR this weekend. I wish we had stayed longer so I could explore the resort some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Princess View Post
It sounds like a great time with family. I can't wait to read more.
I had a fantastic time with the family. It was one of the best trips I have ever had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFERBABE View Post
Sounds like a wonderful trip!!
It was a wonderful trip. It was so relaxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Count me in. Waiting for more.
Won't keep you waiting ... too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks "SS" View Post
Yea!! another trip report from marsha! Loved your last one!!
Thank you! You are making me blush. Glad you found this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillep View Post
Sounds like a wonderful time can't wait to hear all the details
We definitely had a wonderful time. I enjoyed spending time with my family. It was a great vacation had by all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El&Asmom View Post
Yipee! Love your TRs. Can't wait to hear more.
I am blushing again. Thank you. More is coming - I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I am so in for this. Can't wait to read more!
Thanks for joining me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I'm ready to read all about it, too!
I just finished reading two of your TR before I left. They were fantastic. I have to read your others. So, thank you for reading mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyCruisinSusan View Post
Subscribing, look forward to hearing more.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmommy View Post
Sounds like a great trip!
We had a fantastic time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
Can't wait to read all about it! You're last trip report was fantastic!
Thank you for the compliment. I hope I do not disappoint with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chim Chiminy View Post
Looking forward to the rest!
Your little boy is adorable.
Thank you. He is my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Even though I'm not a DVC owner (yet ), I am excited for all of you for such an awesome trip! What fun plans!!
Even though you are not a DVC owner )yet), it is never too early to learn about all you can when you become a DVC owner. And, let me tell you, this was an awesome trip!
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
BigDogHU75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #19
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Arrival Day at Saratoga Springs!

September 8, 2010
Vacation time is almost here! I just have to finish up at work and then I can go home. The day seemed to go by pretty fast which was a good thing. The only thing that I needed to do when I got home was to wait for my parents to arrive at my house and then load up the van. I was already packed and the bags were ready to go.

My parents finally arrived and brought dinner with them. We ate our food and began loading up the van which was a painless process (unlike our family trip last year). We definitely had a lot less stuff. Now, that the van was packed we were all set for our 6:00 a.m. departure (or so I hope).

September 9, 2010
5:00 a.m. and I am up and ready to go. The only thing that I have to do is pack the cooler with the soda, juice, and water. Oh! I also need to wake up DH. DS was already up. He woke up to go to the bathroom and his Pop Pop turned on the light to make sure he was wide awake. DH finally got out of the bed and now everyone was up. By 6:30 a.m. we were in the and on the road.

The plan was for the drivers to switch every 4 hours. However, that did not happen. DS recently became potty trained and for some reason needed to stop every 2-3 hours and Pop Pop drove the majority of time. Even with all of the potty breaks we still made good time. We reached Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL close to 8:00 p.m.

The plan was for my parents & my family to stay in a local hotel but my friend wanted us to stay at her house. My parents decided to stay at the hotel and we stayed at our friend's house. DS had a really good time playing with his God-sister.

September 10, 2010 - Arrival Day at SSR!
We left Orange Park, FL around 10:00 a.m. We were on our way.

But, of course we had to stop for a potty break. Soon, however, we were seeing signs to let us know we were in the happiest place on earth.

Up Next: Our first day at Saratoga Springs...
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Old 09-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #20
tigger2on
I can't believe I read this WHOLE thing!
Mom to the Incredible Smiley Ryleigh

Wow.... are you in a touring van? I wish our minivan looked as comfortable as your car!
WDW trips with my kids: May 2001, December 2002, November 2003, May 2004, September 2004, October 2005, September 2006, May 2007, May 2008, February 2009, Sept/Oct 2009, February 2010, May 2011, October 2011, May 2012

DCL trips: Wonder 2001, 2004, 2010 Dream - 3x 2011Wonder 5-night 2013
tigger2on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #21
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger2on View Post
Wow.... are you in a touring van? I wish our minivan looked as comfortable as your car!
I must say, my dad's van is quite comfortable. There was plenty of room for everyone to stretch out. DS loves riding in Pop Pop's van.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #22
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

We Arrive at Saratoga Springs

As I left off the last time, we were so excited about finally arriving at WDW! I was amazed about how beautiful the grounds of Saratoga Springs were. I did not realize that it encompassed a golf course. Anyway, we made our way to the Carriage House to check-in to our two-bedroom villa. Of course, we had to take pictures.

Check-in was a breeze since I did online check in. There was no wait! I just walked up, the CM welcomed me home, and gave me my folder with our room keys, hotel information, and DVC related materials. Plus, she told me that our room was ready! She also made sure that DH's mother & brother's room was near ours. What great service! Before we went back to the van, my mother and I took the time to explore the Carriage House & take pictures.

After a little exploring, DM & I made our way back to the van and headed over to Room 8335 which was located in the Grandstand section of the resort.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #23
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Room 8335

I have to mention again that the grounds of Saratoga Springs were beautiful. My DM kept commenting on how green and beautiful the grass was. And, can I just say the room was beautiful too. As the saying goes, "A picture is worth 1000 words" so here are a few pictures so I will not have to come up with thousands of words.

DS loves elevators, so I had to take a picture of the elevator doors.

The light fixture outside of our room.

Welcome home.

As soon as we entered the room, this is what we saw:

When we turned right we entered the little hallway to the second bedroom

The kitchen and living room is to the left of the entrance.

Can you find the hidden Mickey?

Last edited by BigDogHU75; 09-28-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #24
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

More pics of our room

Did I mention this room was spacious. From the kitchen, there is a closet with the washer & dryer.

Once we passed the closet with the washer & dryer, we entered the Master bathroom & bedroom.

Of course, I had to explore the balcony.

Our view:

And, I had to have some mother & son time.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #25
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Great pictures. SSR looks really nice. Thanks for sharing. I don't see too many pictures of the resort/villas.

Have not stayed here and am still on my plan to try them all

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #26
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

The grounds do look beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. They are worth 1000 words; we haven't stayed at Saratoga yet, so I appreciated seeing the units.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #27
LIFERBABE
DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV

Beautiful Pictures!

I love SSR and I agree the grounds and resort are just gorgeous!! I was there Labor Day weekend and was so impressed with all the landscaping and varieties of flowers on my morning walks. Love the music they play in the common areas, jazzy and relaxing

Your room looks great! I was in the GS section also but in the first bldg in front of the GS Pool.

"Mama I want go see Mittey Mouse"
MAY 1998 Apopka/JUNE 2002 Highland Rsrv./JUNE 2003 Wind. PalmsMAY 2004 SSR DVC Member Homecoming/JUNE 2004 SOG & BCV 2B2Q/OCT 2004 BWV 1B & SSR H-Jeanne/ DEC 2004 VWL & SSR/MAY to JUNE 2005 MONTH VISIT TO BCV AND SSR/SEPT 05 DVC MEMBER CRUISE DCL Wonder/DEC 05 BCV & SSR/MAY-June 2006 SSR/Sept 2006 7 Day DCL Double Castaway Cay/Oct 2006 DVC Member Cruise 2006/Dec 2006-Jan 2007 Christmas @ BCV & NYE @ SSR/March 2007 Girls trip to BWV & SSR/June 2007 Family Reunion @ SSR/July 2007 First Trip to AKV Sav.View!/Oct 2007 BCV F&WF/Dec-Jan 2008 AKV Concierge and SSR/JUNE 08 BCV/SSR/AUG-SEP 08TOAL EB REPO/OCT 08 F&WF BCV concierge/DEC 08 SSR/AKV/HHI/JUNE 09 DCL/DEC 09 THV/.........
LIFERBABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #28
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Love the photos. Cannot wait for our frist trip home.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #29
myolite
Mouseketeer

Saratoga is one of my favorite resorts. We could just stay there and not even go to the parks.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #30
jnsolomon
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the report
jnsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: