Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2010, 01:59 AM   #61
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
I've never been to the Disneyland theme park. I have added it to my list of places I'd like to visit someday. I hear they also have my beloved Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I loved that as a child.
Yes we do, and it remains one of my favorites If they replaced with Pooh like at WDW, I'd be so upset! I think it'll be there for a long time though; it gets preferential treatment since it is one of the last remaining rides that was open on opening day.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #62
Mickeysgirl34
"Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future." - Walt Disney

Pete's Dragon...never see any merchandise also the classic music movies: Fun and Fancy Free & Make Mine Music

I also see no shirts for Fantasia & Fantasia 2000 except Sorcerer Mickey,but I remember when they only had him in Disney's Hollywood Studios

Put your faith in what you most believe in
Two worlds one family

Mickeysgirl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #63
Rekenna
DIS Veteran

Talking Summer Magic!

Another vote for Summer Magic! (Actually, I'm so glad there are others of you out there-I was afraid I was the only one).

Summer Magic is my fave Disney and Hayley Mills movie. The Haley Mills collection are such great movies, especially for little girls and young women. My sister and I spent a lot of time on hot summer nights watching the Disney Channel (when it used to be good!).

It seems like there should be a new push of Hayley for contemporary girls/young women-I think the movies are timeless.
Rekenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #64
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeysgirl34 View Post
Pete's Dragon...never see any merchandise also the classic music movies: Fun and Fancy Free & Make Mine Music

I also see no shirts for Fantasia & Fantasia 2000 except Sorcerer Mickey,but I remember when they only had him in Disney's Hollywood Studios
In 1984 I went with a friend of mine to Disney. We visited the Magic Kingdom and River Country. We had a blast at RC. We saw the Electric Light Parade. In the MK at a gift shop, we bought a very large stuffed Pete's Dragon. I wonder if they still have him? Probably not.

You know what Disney should do?... they should start another channel just for Disney classic movies!!

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:25 AM   #65
benny02
Earning My Ears

Nice advice people like us who love Disney movies but have missed them for our younger age will than be able to watch them also.
benny02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #66
sailorstitch
Mouseketeer

Newsies!!! As popular as Disney has made musicals lately you'd think they'd at least show it on the Disney Channel.

sailorstitch
sailorstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #67
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorstitch View Post
Newsies!!! As popular as Disney has made musicals lately you'd think they'd at least show it on the Disney Channel.

sailorstitch
Yes, I have that one listed on the first page in the list. Hey Disney... are you reading? We really need a Disney Movie classics channel! Yoo hooo... Disney execs? Are you listening?

Old 11-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #68
Cowgirlroy
Earning My Ears

Wow. No one said my old time favorite disney movie yet. It has go to be The Happiest Millionaire. It makes me laugh everytime I watch it. I could also watch Tommy Steele forever. He is so entertaining. If anyone else has seen this let me know. Not many people have.
Cowgirlroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #69
megarella
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=Mindy5767;38773699]Yes, I have that one listed on the first page in the list. Hey Disney... are you reading? We really need a Disney Movie classics channel! Yoo hooo... Disney execs? Are you listening? [/QUOTE

A Disney Movie classics channel would be amazing!

My favorite forgotten Disney movie is Newsies; seems to be a popular choice around these parts!
megarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #70
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirlroy View Post
Wow. No one said my old time favorite disney movie yet. It has go to be The Happiest Millionaire. It makes me laugh everytime I watch it. I could also watch Tommy Steele forever. He is so entertaining. If anyone else has seen this let me know. Not many people have.
I've just added that to our running list in the first post! We're going to have a great list of movies to rent from Netflix! I've never seen that one, although it sounds familiar.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #71
kattydoo07
Earning My Ears

The Santa Claus!! I love that movie, and always pop it in this time of the year.

I also love the new Parent Trap (with Lindsay Lohan). I can't help it, but I adore it.
kattydoo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #72
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekenna View Post
Another vote for Summer Magic! (Actually, I'm so glad there are others of you out there-I was afraid I was the only one).

Summer Magic is my fave Disney and Hayley Mills movie. The Haley Mills collection are such great movies, especially for little girls and young women. My sister and I spent a lot of time on hot summer nights watching the Disney Channel (when it used to be good!).

It seems like there should be a new push of Hayley for contemporary girls/young women-I think the movies are timeless.
Not just for girls and women. I was a 10 year old boy when the Hayley films were coming out and I had quitethe thing for her. Must have been the accent.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #73
jhopkins213
Earning My Ears

Pete's Dragon
Tron (Original)
Cool Runnings also pretty much anything else with John Candy
jhopkins213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #74
rawpower
Earning My Ears

I'd have to agree on Oliver and Company. Such a good movie. IT HAD BILLY JOEL! It was also the start of the Disney Renaissance. Also Tron and Pete's Dragon. And The Black Cauldron, and Treasure Planet and Atlantis the Lost Empire.

rawpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #75
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawpower View Post
I'd have to agree on Oliver and Company. Such a good movie. IT HAD BILLY JOEL! It was also the start of the Disney Renaissance. Also Tron and Pete's Dragon. And The Black Cauldron, and Treasure Planet and Atlantis the Lost Empire.
Wow... didn't even think of Treasure Planet and Atlantis.. I added those to our list! I have Atlantis on DVD, but only the kids have watched it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: