Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Yes, I am overthinking things. Just work with me...excursion question

We are looking to book Las Caletas in PV, heard very good things about it. It says its a 7 hour tour, leaving the ship at 10:30. That puts us back at the ship at 5:30, giving us 15 minutes to clean up and get dressed for whatever night it is for our first seating dinner. I can do it, no way in heck the wife and grandma can do it. They take an hour to get ready to go to McDonalds.

What am I missing here? If I light a fire under grams and DW, they could get ready in 30 minutes. Grams is kinda anti-rotational dining anyways, dont want to push the issue....

Should we eat in BBB that evening?
How late can we be to dinner before it causes issues? (I HATE being late)

Should I instead do the 730 excursion, so we get back to the ship with some time to chill and nap before dinner? The girls are NOT early risers, but they would probably conk out nicely in the afternoon....
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
Dave1442397
Earning My Ears

Why cause yourself stress? You're the one who doesn't like to be late for dinner (me too), so book the earlier excursion and relax. I do that with my wife. If I let her sleep until she woke up, we'd be eating lunch instead of breakfast
Dave1442397 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
indychristine
Earning My Ears

I'm with Dave....book the earlier excursion! Relax..have fun!
I've sailed all 4 DCL ships! Fantasy and Dream twice RCCL once and NCL once!
DL & WDW- Too many times to count!
Home Resorts BLT & VGF
indychristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

We did a similar length excursion in Cozumel. We were fortunate enough to have late dining, but if we'd had early, we would have just not gone to the main dining room that night. There are so many options for food onboard, its not a big deal. Or, schedule Palo that night and just grab a quick bite for the kids and send them off to the club!
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
amyg1
Mouseketeer

We had a late excursion one day. We asked the head server if they had room for late seating. It was no problem, so we just went to the main dining room late that one day. There are other options, room service, BBB, Palo, quick service. I'd do whatever excursion works better for you and don't stress dinner.
amyg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
mybeachbabies
Mouseketeer

We just got back on 3/25 and we did Las Caletas. It was a very fun excursion. My kids had a blast. We did the 10:30 departure. We chose this departure because I had read that Las Caletas can be cooler earlier in the morning because the sun is behind the mountain until closer to afternoon. We walked back onto the ship at 5:45. We had late dining so by the time we got back to our room we had like 15 minutes to shower off get ready for the Toy Story show. We did but it was a bit hectic. There was no way we could have made early dinner since we didn't even get back until 5:45ish.

If you want a lot of warmth and direct sun, I would pick the 10:30 excursion and eat at Beach Blanket instead of your MDR that night. If you are going during the warm fall months and don't mind a little shade, then pick the early excursion so you have plenty of time to get ready for dinner.

Dream 11/6/11 ~ Wonder MR 3/18/12 ~ Wonder Pacific Coast 10/7/12 ~ Fantasy Eastern 6/15/13 ~ Wonder San Diego 5/17/14 ~ Fantasy Western 6/7/14
mybeachbabies is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: