Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #31
Disney-Chick
A Canadian who loves Disney eh!

I am so excited to have the pics done with our shoes. I was nervous but it seems to be turning out great. I can't believe how time is flying by. I can't wait to go and visit Mickey. He's been calling me asking when I was coming

Disney-Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #32
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

OMG! I'm so excited for you. I just noticed your ticker. Practically 2 months! Make sure to say hi to Mickey for him and tell him I'll visit him soon.
FutureMrs.B is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2010, 06:38 AM   #33
Disney-Chick

I will make sure that I say hit to him for you. We leave here in 47 days!

As for wedding issues, as I have been lucky so far until now. The necklaces I wanted to get the girls are no longer for sale. Or I can't seem to find them. As that was upsetting I was able to find a different necklace that is still Mickey and still very cute and cheaper. I will be ordering that.

We still have things to do and now I need to revisit my list to see what has to be done. I like being organized and having things done in advance. That way if something comes up we have time to fix it.

Well it's Monday and im at work so should get back to it I guess

Old 11-17-2010, 10:04 AM   #34
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

Ahh! Your wedding is so soon! You must be super excited!!

I love the hairstyles you were looking at!

Keep us updated!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #35
Disney-Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw33t_angel View Post
Ahh! Your wedding is so soon! You must be super excited!!

I love the hairstyles you were looking at!

Keep us updated!
It seems so close yet so far away Usually we leave for Disney the first week of Dec. so this is a bit rough for me knowing that it's not just around the corner. We now only have 37 days until we depart.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #36
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

haha that is torture!! Your body and mind are like.. ok... Dec!! Disney time.. and then its like nope!!

Those days will fly by I am sure!!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:30 AM   #37
Disney-Chick

Im sure the days will fly by, and I want them to but then I don't. I don't want to rush our trip/wedding.

My DF asked me if I wanted to have Mickey at our wedding, but after seeing the price I would rather save our $900 and put it towards our next trip. I thought the wedding planning I would want everything but I am doing pretty good at not going over the top. I would love to have the carriage though, but again it is so expensive. Oh the things that could be ordered!!!

Old 11-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #38
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney-Chick View Post
Im sure the days will fly by, and I want them to but then I don't. I don't want to rush our trip/wedding.

My DF asked me if I wanted to have Mickey at our wedding, but after seeing the price I would rather save our $900 and put it towards our next trip. I thought the wedding planning I would want everything but I am doing pretty good at not going over the top. I would love to have the carriage though, but again it is so expensive. Oh the things that could be ordered!!!
I can relate. It's like oooo I want the time to come but you also want to enjoy it and for it not to rush by. I hear ya about having difficulty justifying things. Now if only I could win the lottery than I'd be guilt free.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #39
Disney-Chick

OMG if I won the lottery the first thing I would do is book the carriage. I wish it wasn't so expensive that is one thing that I would love to have.

I remember when I was doing the count down and I was going to hit double digits, now I can't wait to hit 29!! That is my goal.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:28 PM   #40
FutureMrs.B
DIS Veteran

I hear ya. That was one of my must haves but it quickly became one of my I wish I could have. Your goal will come soon enough and before you know it you'll be in the single digits.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #41
Disney-Chick

Just an update as to what is going on.

We just found out the house that my parents are renting (6 bedrooms) has been sold. They now have to rent a 5 bedroom, which may not sound bad but this house also will be holding my Aunt/Uncle, Cousin/wife, Old sister/BIL/Niece/Nephew, my younger sister/my nephew, my parents and the odd day my daughter. So we are now short a room, but this house actually comes with a game room and we can put cots in there. Blah not reallly what we wanted to do but im sure it could be worse.

My Uncle (who is not attending the wedding) will be doing our favors for us. He is a chef and creates his own jellies/jams and other yummies. We did jams which has our name/date of wedding/location. We are also doing bigger jars for Rev. Jack and Tanis our wedding coordinator. I didn't know what to get them, and didn't want to spend money on something they will not use and end up selling at a flea market Plus, who doesn't love homemade jam!!! Especially from CANADA!!!

My mother also made me a garter belt. I wasn't going to bother with one, but since she made it, and it is so pretty I will wear it.

Now im not sure how weird this is, but my future MIL came for my DF's birthday today and asked to go shopping before picking up some lunch. As we were driving she mentioned that she wanted to buy me some "nightwear" for our wedding night. I was a bit put off by this but went along. We actually found this white nightie with a short silk housecoat. The total was $177 and I felt so guilty for having her pay this price Is it me, or was this normal? His mother is very down to earth and very laid back so this was nothing for her. I remember after first meeting in April that May she was buying me underwear and bra's etc. I am glad she likes me though!!! Guess I shouldn't complain, or feel out of sorts with it.

I also just finished going through all the stuff that needs to be brought and doing a list. This way it will be done and I know that we have everything. Is there anything that anyone forgot or didn't think of until getting to Disney? I am so nervous that I will forget something.

Well we only have 34 more days until we leave and until Christmas day!!! Or only 2 more pays before then, or 4 weekends!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Old 11-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #42
Disney-Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrs.B View Post
I hear ya. That was one of my must haves but it quickly became one of my I wish I could have. Your goal will come soon enough and before you know it you'll be in the single digits.
I think we may actually do a Portrait Session at Animal Kingdom Lodge. DF loves that location and we will be staying there from the 3rd until the 8th.

Once the 25th hits we only have 30 days. And the days seem to be going so quickly, faster on the weekends unfortunately

Old 11-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #43
Dreamin Disney
Mouseketeer

Congratulatons on your Wedding!

I absolutely love the gown ... gorgeous! The necklaces is a wonderful touch for a Disney wedding! Have a wonderful Happily Ever After!
Dreamin Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:08 PM   #44
Disney-Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamin Disney View Post
I absolutely love the gown ... gorgeous! The necklaces is a wonderful touch for a Disney wedding! Have a wonderful Happily Ever After!
Thank you so much for you compliments. I so many dresses that are so princess like and wondered if I made the wrong decision. But once I take a look at my dress I realize that I love it even more. I can't wait to pick it up this Thursday

Old 11-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #45
Disney-Chick

25 days until Christmas!!! and 25 days until we leave for our trip!!!!!

I have received my dress that was hemmed, and it looks great.

We have also added a Resort (Animal Kingdom) portrait session to our photography package. DF loves the resort and I think it was a great buy.

I received the girls necklaces today. They are not the ones that I posted earlier as they had stopped selling them, then once I ordered the ones I have now, the original ones I wanted were back online.

I have started packing my wedding but will do all my packing on the 11th. Every weekend is busy up until we leave. That is bad, but also good as the time will go by fast.

I also had a co-worker go to Disney 2 weeks ago and she suprised me with the Disney Bridal Ears!! woohoo. Now we just have to get the groom ears. I had asked Tanis if she could purchase them once they come in and then just bill us, but all she said was that she would let me know once they were in. We also cc'ed Rosie on the email and she offered to buy the ears and have them shipped to our resort on Jan. 3rd. I will believe it once I see it.

I love Christmas time!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: