Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
tallpkb
"Life is uncertain...eat dessert first!"

Give a Day Get a Day redemption WARNING

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that it was my fault. We're at DL right now. My two DD's and I did GAD last March. We originally were going to trade up our multi-day passes along with the GAD vouchers and pay the add'l $$ to get APs. When the price for APs went up last month, we decided against it. Sooo, since we're here off season, we don't really need FP's. We wanted to get the commemorative "Ears" with attached pins. Imagine my shock, disappointment, etc. when the CM said, "Okay, may I see your daughters' birth certificates?" I NEVER EVEN READ THE VOUCHERS BEFORE WE LEFT! That CM was not sympathetic at all. So, I went to Guest Relations, and, long story short, we finagled our way into getting two packets (of 6 each) of misc. trading pins. Now mind you, they aren't anywhere near the value of the collectible thingy, but my girls promptly started trading them for pins they wanted. Soooo, YOU CAN'T FORGET TO BRING A COPY OR ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE WITH YOU FOR MINORS!!

02/14 BWPPI DLR
03/13 Candy Cane Inn-AND WE GOT TO GO TO CLUB 33!!
09/12 BWPPI/DLH Disneyland -FREE UPGRADE TO THEME PARK VIEW!!
09/11 Park Vue Disneyland
09/10 GC Disneyland
12/09 PPH Disneyland -FREE UPGRADE TO SUITE WITH THEME PARK VIEW!!!
3/09 CSR WDW
9-10/05 POR WDW
12/01 CCI Disneyland
9/01 HoJo Disneyland
5/00 BWPPI Disneyland
4/98 BWPPI Disneyland
5/97 Dixie Landings WDW
plus many, many more trips to DL, dating back to 1962!
tallpkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
CADisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Since I'm going this coming Friday for my birthday I'm kinda wondering if I should get the FP's (I know that they're not good on everything) or if I should get the pin. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should get?
Wonder 2011 Cruise to Nowhere --- Dream 2011 Bahamas
CADisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
dmked
Mmmmmm I love the iced coffee at DL!
I'm looking forward to seeing the changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallpkb View Post
YOU CAN'T FORGET TO BRING A COPY OR ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE WITH YOU FOR MINORS!!
Or you can bring a passport, it just needs to be government/state issued ID. I think it has been discussed on here a lot, definitely don't forget it!

Disneyland, August 2002 for our honeymoon!
Disneyland and SeaWorld, August 2006
Disneyland, July 2008
Universal Studios and SeaWorld, July 2009
Disneyland, August 2010!
Disneyland and Knott's March 2011
Disneyland February 2013
dmked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADisneyMom View Post
Since I'm going this coming Friday for my birthday I'm kinda wondering if I should get the FP's (I know that they're not good on everything) or if I should get the pin. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should get?
It depends uon what you like, but personally, I do not understand why more people have not gotten the pins and figurine. It's a very cool set and you can get FPs with your Park admission. Yes, you get "Super Fastpasses" (not the technical name), but the pins and figurine can only be obtained one way. I would LOVE to get one of those pin sets.

Just my opinion,
Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I'm using our vouchers for AP's but would love to see the ear with pin set and the figurine. Anyone have a picture???
Old 09-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
3BoysRDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

we used 3 of our GAD for fastpasses back in June and 1 of the GAD for the pin set. I don't have a picture of it, but it is decent. I would never pay 'real' money for it, but it is cute.
Mason (6)
Wyatt (2)
Haden (the babe)
3BoysRDisneyFreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #7
KelliLee702
I feel the LOVE and it warms my soul

Question Copy of Birth Cert. OK?

Thanks for the heads up! I did read the fine print. I am going with 20+ girls in late October and I have told all of them and their parents more than once that they will need their original birth certificates or a passport with them to redeem their vouchers!

One question . . . does anyone know would a "copy" of a birth certificate be acceptable?
Old 09-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
3BoysRDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

Definitely have the girls bring copies. You don't want an original floating around. They seriously look at the bc for like 2 seconds and hand them back to you.
Mason (6)
Wyatt (2)
Haden (the babe)
3BoysRDisneyFreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:14 PM   #9
Kayla's Mom
You are not alone!! I have several Disney shirts
Dessert for hubby it is!!!

Just to second the PP, yes - copies are ok!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:30 PM   #10
CMHusband
Monorail Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallpkb View Post
Okay, I'll be the first to admit that it was my fault. We're at DL right now. My two DD's and I did GAD last March. We originally were going to trade up our multi-day passes along with the GAD vouchers and pay the add'l $$ to get APs. When the price for APs went up last month, we decided against it. Sooo, since we're here off season, we don't really need FP's. We wanted to get the commemorative "Ears" with attached pins. Imagine my shock, disappointment, etc. when the CM said, "Okay, may I see your daughters' birth certificates?" I NEVER EVEN READ THE VOUCHERS BEFORE WE LEFT! That CM was not sympathetic at all. So, I went to Guest Relations, and, long story short, we finagled our way into getting two packets (of 6 each) of misc. trading pins. Now mind you, they aren't anywhere near the value of the collectible thingy, but my girls promptly started trading them for pins they wanted. Soooo, YOU CAN'T FORGET TO BRING A COPY OR ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE WITH YOU FOR MINORS!!

Yeah! Its says right on the paperwork to bring them. but you're not alone. That happened daily back when the GAD's were all being redeemed. But after all its worth $$$ and its technically a contract....gotta read the contract if you want your M. O. N. E. Y.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #11
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
It depends uon what you like, but personally, I do not understand why more people have not gotten the pins and figurine. It's a very cool set and you can get FPs with your Park admission. Yes, you get "Super Fastpasses" (not the technical name), but the pins and figurine can only be obtained one way. I would LOVE to get one of those pin sets.

Just my opinion,
Dreams
We got one set of FP for our party..didn't even hardly use them, and I got an AP pin set..love it!! Kinda wish we'd gotten 2 sets.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #12
Nala83
Mouseketeer

I used the fastpasses on the first day of Halloween. It was amazing to have a giant wad of fastpasses. I still ran over to HMH at every possible opportunity to get FP for that, but I used the GAD passes for everything else. SMGG out of fastpasses for the day? No problem. Combining fastpasses with the child swap I got on that ride like 8 times.

It all depends on your goal for the day. If your goal is the maximum number of rides and you are there on a busy day, using the GAD fastpasses is awesome!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #13
Sdtl07
Earning My Ears

Curious GAD?? Just becoming a disney addict, need any help with special gifts and collectible I can get.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #14
Nala83
Mouseketeer

Give a Day, Get a Disney Day was Disney's big promotion this year. You signed up to volunteer somewhere and in return you got a one day park ticket, special fastpasses, or a set of pins.

The promotion has come and gone- you can no longer sign up to volunteer- but people who volunteered still have a few months to redeem their vouchers.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #15
disneychrista
BL6 Red Team Captain
Disneyland is my Home
Birthdays are for kids of all ages
I have always been a big Kermit the Frog Fan

I was bummed when I found out that we were going to really go to Disneyland that they had reached their max 1million volunteers. I was hoping to be able to use it for an extra day.
disneychrista is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: