Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #46
magichusky
Mouseketeer

Updates!!!

FUN UPDATES!!!

Hi everyone! Well- my WDW tix arrived today!!!!!! YES!!! I'm such a geek, b/c I stared at them for like 10 min. I was like: OMG I have tickets, and they say Disney World on them, therefore they must be WDW tix, hence I am going to WDW. I still can't believe it.

And also, I started my new Halloween TR! I've added it to my signature but you can also find it on the DL TR board. I can't wait 'til I get to the explain the meaning behind the title!!!
-In Progress- "I Don't Cruise… I Jingle Cruise." --A New Year's PTR--
magichusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #47
Eight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magichusky View Post
Hahaha, shaft 1 has a superior drop sequence. Shaft 1,2 have the same drop sequence: up to the mirror room, down to the hallway/star room, drop, then up to the top. Shaft 3 goes up to the mirror room, up to the hallway room, drop, then up to the top. Though Shaft 1, 2 have the same sequences, shaft 1 gives you a feeling at some point in which you don't know if you're falling or going up. Shaft 2 (or at least the one time I was on this particular shaft, since I've refused to be queued there since) sort of pauses at the bottom just enough that you don't get that crazy confused feeling. Apparently the CMs call the shafts a,b,c (Shaft A = Shaft 1). We had to explain this to a CM once- I was pleased that he believed us immediately.

Thanks for stopping by my Halloween TR!!! I love that I saw those DISers (the lurkyloos) on the train! You should totally fly down for Halloween next year. The DL Halloween party version is SO much better than the CA Adv version!
Haha, that's awesome that you know all this. Next time I'm at Disneyland, I'm going to have a Tower of Terror Marathon and ride all three shafts in a row to see if I can tell the difference. It'll be fun!

I totally should next year. I could have gone last year since I was living in LA at the time, but I was like, "California Adventure Halloween party? That would be so much better if it was in Disneyland." And then, of course, they moved it this year..
Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #48
magichusky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight View Post
Haha, that's awesome that you know all this. Next time I'm at Disneyland, I'm going to have a Tower of Terror Marathon and ride all three shafts in a row to see if I can tell the difference. It'll be fun!
Hahaha you really must have a TOT marathon! The bellhops just adore it when I request a certain shaft. They were convinced that my pal and I had some sort of schoolhouse crush on the bellhop manning shaft 1. I love how people think I'm in high school or college when in fact I am in neither. Haha!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #49
magichusky
Mouseketeer

Part C: Pumpkins and Muffins are Good Together

When we last left off, I had consumed an entire grilled cheese in "gone in 60 seconds" style and had been bewitched by the Tiki Room after ordering a Dole Whip for dessert. My plan was to ride Small World before heading over to CA Adv for the Aladdin Musical, but I wasn't sure if I'd have enough time since I HAD to stop at the Blue Ribbon Bakery to clean them out of Matterhorn Macaroons. I was driving home after this and it's just bad form these days to show up at my house w/out macaroons for the macaroon-wild DM.

Recently I was more than pleased to discover that my cousin had, upon graduating from college, taken a job w/ DL as a CM. Apparently she is in charge of distributing strollers and driving the submarines. I didn't have much time so I hotfooted it over to the submarine area to spy. Nope, that's definitely NOT Megan:

Unfortunately it takes FOREVER for those darn submarines to load and get going so I only had the opportunity to spy on 3 drivers before I had to proceed. Next time!

As I was passing by the Matterhorn on my way to SW, I saw this strange sign. There's nothing more amusing than a sign fashioned out of a golden turkey. Maybe I just never walk through here often enough, but I don't recall this building being here before?

I finally arrived at SW but was horrified to see an unruly line as I rounded the corner! It was at least 25 min long. Definitely not enough time! I was quite disappointed b/c SW was the only other thing that was really on my agenda for today besides Aladdin, but surely I would be back soon. Suddenly I realized that I was seriously in danger of missing Aladdin, so I powerwalked back through Tomorrowland and crashed through a bunch of strollers on Main Street to do a bakery dash:

Unfortunately it's quite difficult to do a bakery dash at the Blue Ribbon b/c it seems to perpetually have a long line! I was bored so I took this pic of the back of a window display. I've been meaning to craft my very own fake cakes and sundaes for display in my own kitchen, but just haven't gotten around to it...

They only had 2 macaroons left in the display case so I was watching them like a hawk the whole time with worry. As I got closer, a CM put a huge tray of raw macaroons into the oven. I was delighted so I took a pic in my excitement:

I finally reached the register and purchased the last 2 macaroons and a special seasonal pumpkin muffin (the kind w/ the cream cheese filling). People have been raving about them here on the DIS so I was rather curious! The one thing about the BRB that annoys me is that the bags they put your snacks in are practically useless for transport. They always throw my 10 macaroons into a tiny white paper lunch bag and it always winds up getting crumpled into a big massive wad smelling of coconut and tissue paper at the bottom of my park bag. I guess most people go to BRB to purchase food and eat it, not carry it around w/ them for the rest of the day so they can return home and store it for the winter. Anyway, now I bring a hot pink collapsible Snoopy tote that has become the go-to bag for my BRB macaroon binges.

After arranging my macaroons and muffin carefully into my Snoopy tote like they were priceless china and reorganizing the bills in my wallet (Yes, I'm pretty sure I have some form OCD) I consulted my phone and was horrified to discover that I seriously had 5 min to exit DL, enter CA Adv, and storm into the Hyperion Theater before Aladdin started! Hahaha oops. I probably looked like an idiot busting out of BRB with my hot pink Snoopy tote swinging around exploding w/ coconut, but who really cares about such things while zooming through DL?

Up next: Aladdin in HD!!!! (Yes, I made it)

TO BE CONTINUED...
Old 12-07-2010, 02:37 AM   #50
magichusky
Mouseketeer

Part D: It's a Whole New World

Part D: It's a Whole New World

Finally I'm back for the last installment of this breathtaking series! I've of course been DISing away but have recently migrated over to the WDW TR section in preparation for my upcoming stint in the World. But more on that later.

Last time we talked, I was hauling it over to the Hyperion Theater from Blue Ribbon Bakery (BRB). I had purchased a tote full of macaroons for my Mom but upon exiting the bakery discovered that I had 5 min to get to Aladdin! I was on the verge of just leaving at that point but I remembered that really the entire reason I stopped at DL that day was to see that darn Aladdin Musical. So I ran.

After getting through the CA Adv turnstiles, I power walked towards the usual route to get to the Hyperion but was excessively annoyed to spy a sign stating that the only way to get there was through Bug's Land. I despise going through Bug's Land b/c there's always a bottleneck that actually rivals the one that perpetually causes chaos in the Indiana Jones area. I was pleased to find a mother and her 10 yr old son absolutely HAULING it through the bottleneck, so I sought refuge behind them and let them shove everyone else out of the way for me. I thought they were for sure heading for the Hyperion but they were actually sprinting towards the tower.

I finally arrived at my destination and was of course ushered into the nosebleed section. I was probably the 10th to last person to enter the theater! I was a bit appalled when I realized how far away I was from the stage but there's no way I was going to spend precious Disney time waiting in line for a seat I might not even get so I could see a show I might not even like. So the nosebleed section it was.

I was admittedly pretty nervous about this whole production. I had heard great reviews but this was actually the very first time I would ever sit down for a show while visiting the parks. My Mom and I always meant to go see the Pocahontas show at DL back in 1996 but it closed! I was sitting for possibly 5 min and the lights went down- I whipped out my camera, turned the flash off, and readied myself.

Once the show started I found myself reasonably amused and decided that it was safe to stay for awhile. Of course the first thing I noticed was that Aladdin had a T-shirt tan; he had a tank top on and the top third of his arm was simply glowing white. Trust me of all people to become fixated on something so ridiculous. But can't they at least get the guy a spray tan? I mean he is supposed to be living in Agraba. The other thing I noticed was that there was absolutely no Abu in this production. I was appalled! Anyway, here's probably my very best photo of the bunch I took during the show:

Pretty good considering how very far away I was! I also filmed 2 HD movies:

The following is the part when Aladdin as Prince Ali storms into the castle for the first time w/ his parade of animals and magical servants. If you look closely you can see that Aladdin's riding this awesome elephant up to the stage!
Aladdin the Musical: Prince Ali! Fabulous he! Ali Ababwa (YouTube)

This part is the "A Whole New World" portion complete w/ magic carpet soaring over the audience. (Haha in my case it was actually flying below me) The actors riding the carpet were different actors than the ones on the stage and carpet Aladdin's voice wasn't as convincing as stage Aladdin's unfortunately.
Aladdin the Musical: A Whole New World (YouTube)

And some more photos:

All in all I surprisingly generally enjoyed this show! The genie cracked way too many "current" jokes in my opinion however, including so many references to Lindsay Lohan, Lady Gaga, and the Kardashians that the audience pretty much petered out in the laugh department by 20-30 minutes in. I would rather not hear about those idiots while immersed in wholesome Disney goodness, thank you very much!

I was confused upon exiting the theater when I somehow became the first person to get out of there and hit the pavement. I had to descend multiple long staircases to reach the ground level and still was the first to emerge from the queue and stumble towards the tower! Haha do I really walk that fast? I must look like quite the idiot zooming around DL in such a frenzy.

The wait time for the tower was an advertised 30 min, which is ridiculous b/c 90% of the time I seem to practically walk on that thing and straight into the library. I got in line though b/c I couldn't imagine leaving without towering! The tower annoys me however b/c they have no single rider line. I took this pic of this sign hanging between the elevators in the lobby:

A pretty stupid pic if you ask me but the reason I took it was b/c I don't think that particular sign has always been there? I seem to recall a less flashy sign w/ the same info? Sometimes at Disney I think I'm going crazy b/c I frequently notice things like in POTC for example that I swear have been changed or moved around. But I'm never sure! Do they really tinker w/ established rides that often?

I wound up getting on within 15 min since there was an elevator leaving just as I was entering the boiler room w/ 1 spot left just for me. Excellent! Afterwards I stopped by DTD and bought a Mickey DVD case in the World of Disney store so I could be sure to bring along my fabulous collection of Christmas movies w/ me to WDW! Of course the WOD store refused to validate my parking ticket so I wound up having to pay $7 for illegally parking in the DTD lot. (They give you 3 hrs for free and since I had just missed the earlier Aladdin show when I arrived, I had been parked for around 4.5 hrs) Still better than paying $15 to park in that ghastly Mickey & Friends structure!

So that's that! Hopefully you all enjoyed my mostly solo TR and mini-TR b/c I certainly did! If you don't find me too terribly boring, then hop on over to my WDW PTR for my upcoming excursion- we're departing 12/17 which is insanely soon! I'll also of course be writing a TR for this trip. More info in the next post!

THE END...but stay tuned for my WDW Christmas trip info!
Old 12-07-2010, 02:52 AM   #51
magichusky
Mouseketeer

Part 10: WDW sneak peek!!

Part 10: WDW sneak peek!

Come along w/ us to the World for Christmas!!! Check out my new PTR:

25 yrs and just a little bit longer! Give me the WORLD for Xmas: SoG, Dec 17-23 PTR

Here's me the day our WDW tix arrived w/ my itinerary and a lovely pilgrim ship (this was taken a few days before Thanksgiving, we don't have a pilgrim ship perpetually displayed in our dining room!).

And take a look at our kitchen, circa-1979, before we remodeled our house!

Stop on by the PTR to see how it looks today!

Bye for now and thanks for reading!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: