Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #151
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Hey Fogies. I had plans for today but forgot what they were so I've done nothing. It's been so exhausting that I'm ready for my afternoon nap.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #152
CaliforniaDreamin
DIS Veteran (and then some)
Can you tell I was a child of the 80's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
Hey Fogies. I had plans for today but forgot what they were so I've done nothing. It's been so exhausting that I'm ready for my afternoon nap.
You have to pace yourself when you are doing nothing. I should know. I've been online most of the afternoon and now I'm tired. Think I'm gonna take a break and watch the "Snapped" marathon on WE. I love those true crime shows.
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #153
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

Yesterday I brought my daughter and her friends to the French Quarter. I'm afraid that I might have left them on the carriage ride, anybody see them? They're the extra strength kind. I think they might be in a bag with the prune juice.

Oh yes, the thing I lost is my package of Depends.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #154
tigercat
Cook, clean and foot massage. Boy that sounds like heaven!
I dislocated my jaw when I ate a piece of lettuce

At what age can you join AARP? Since I would be joining the CARP I am sure it will be the same age.
tigercat
Old 09-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #155
GRUMPY PIRATE
First rule, always!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
At what age can you join AARP? Since I would be joining the CARP I am sure it will be the same age.
tigercat
I joind aarp, was a member for a few years and quit....

because all those youngsters there didn't do nothin' but take my money and complain about nothin' that I gave a hoot about.

aarp convention??? really, so the members pay for some of them to get together and drink geritol?

in orlando??

hey, isn't there some sort of new fangled electric amuzement park there with a duck or mouse or something like that there?
Old 09-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #156
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

I'm back from the street festival. Waaaa! NO funnel cakes. I don't mean I didn't have a funnel cake, I mean the street festival didn't have a single booth for one. In fact, they only had one greasy Italian sausage booth, and the closest thing to a funnel cake was the French crepe place, which had a big ole sign for smoothies. The whole festival was remarkably "healthy."

I have a right to clog my arteries if I want. I only have a few years left. I want to live it up the way I want. They shouldn't go regulating what booths can be at street festivals.

I did get the last Thai spring roll. I'll be on an MSG high for the next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
tigercat

People are eligible to join at 50.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #157
GRUMPY PIRATE
First rule, always!!

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day.....

Ya landlubbin' swab jockeys!!!

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

Old 09-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #158
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
I'm back from the street festival. Waaaa! NO funnel cakes. I don't mean I didn't have a funnel cake, I mean the street festival didn't have a single booth for one. In fact, they only had one greasy Italian sausage booth, and the closest thing to a funnel cake was the French crepe place, which had a big ole sign for smoothies. The whole festival was remarkably "healthy."

I have a right to clog my arteries if I want. I only have a few years left. I want to live it up the way I want. They shouldn't go regulating what booths can be at street festivals.

I did get the last Thai spring roll. I'll be on an MSG high for the next few days.

People are eligible to join at 50.
Too bad I hadn't thought to have given you my cell phone number. Our festival had funnel cakes. You could have texted me and I could have eaten one on your behalf. You know, 'cause that's what friends do for each other.

Instead I got 2 cinnamon sugar cake donuts, they were marked down being the last day and all, and a Frozen White Chocolate Coffee.

It's going to take me a month at least to work off all the calories I consumed this weekend. Maybe I need one of those Ex-lax shakes to help move things along.

Now my cholesterol ... I did have it down the lowest it's been in years. I probably blew that this weekend too. To my credit though, I didn't get anything from the Deep Fried Twinkie / Oreo Cookie / Banana / Snickers / Buckeye booth. I have my limits.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #159
goofyernmost
DIS Veteran

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPY PIRATE View Post
I joind aarp, was a member for a few years and quit....

because all those youngsters there didn't do nothin' but take my money and complain about nothin' that I gave a hoot about.

aarp convention??? really, so the members pay for some of them to get together and drink geritol?

in orlando??

hey, isn't there some sort of new fangled electric amuzement park there with a duck or mouse or something like that there?
You bet your cane there is...the convention is actually being held at Universal but I plan on spending my free time at WDW. Actually the conventions are very good and fun as well. Lot's of really good speakers, music groups and exhibits that give away tons of free stuff. The icing on the cake this time is that it is in Orlando. This year the entertainment is Gladys Knight, B.B. King, Los Lobos, Gloria Gayner, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Judy Collins and others. Good stuff.

The last one I attended was in Las Vegas at the Venetian Resort. Not all of us "old" people just sit in rocking chairs. Besides being right there on the strip there was an awesome concert by Sweet Baby-James Taylor and a lot more but because of my advanced age I don't remember them all. I do remember getting my picture taken with Cindy Williams (Shirley from Laverne and Shirley)

And I think that you should be showing a little more respect for the head Old Fogie.

Nothing adult has ever happened to me at Disney!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #160
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPY PIRATE View Post
Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day.....

Ya landlubbin' swab jockeys!!!

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

Well, dang nab it all! If we had known earlier, we could have had our Early Bird Brunch today in honor of you, GP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyernmost View Post
And I think that you should be showing a little more respect for the head Old Fogie.
Yes, he's got an extra 5 voting points. You do NOT want to be making an enemy of the Head Poobah - IF he's likely to remember you come voting time.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
Thanks!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #161
Octoberbride03
I think Tweetie done gone Cuckoo
Been there, done that, married the man!

Since I found myself informed by my church bulletin this morning that I am no longer a "Young Adult" Can i come play here?

Old 09-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #162
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyernmost View Post
You bet your cane there is...the convention is actually being held at Universal but I plan on spending my free time at WDW. Actually the conventions are very good and fun as well. Lot's of really good speakers, music groups and exhibits that give away tons of free stuff. The icing on the cake this time is that it is in Orlando. This year the entertainment is Gladys Knight, B.B. King, Los Lobos, Gloria Gayner, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Judy Collins and others. Good stuff.

The last one I attended was in Las Vegas at the Venetian Resort. Not all of us "old" people just sit in rocking chairs. Besides being right there on the strip there was an awesome concert by Sweet Baby-James Taylor and a lot more but because of my advanced age I don't remember them all. I do remember getting my picture taken with Cindy Williams (Shirley from Laverne and Shirley)

I want to join now!
Old 09-19-2010, 09:15 PM   #163
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberbride03 View Post
Since I found myself informed by my church bulletin this morning that I am no longer a "Young Adult" Can i come play here?

What a way to be informed.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #164
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberbride03 View Post

It actually hurt the day I got kicked over to the SAM group (senior adult ministries). I mean, uh, but hey, those guys are all old!

Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:42 PM   #165
goofyernmost
DIS Veteran

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
Yes, he's got an extra 5 voting points. You do NOT want to be making an enemy of the Head Poobah - IF he's likely to remember you come voting time.
Well, I'm likely to remember that remark you young whippersnapper. Get out of my yard...no wait...that's not right...something about points and remembering poobahs. I wonder what it was?

Nothing adult has ever happened to me at Disney!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: