Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #136
gawrsh2008
Mouseketeer

Yeah, you got me thinking. I was wondering the same thing. My in-laws are always pressuring us to eat early when they visit. We typically don't eat until 7 or 8pm here. It really hasn't given me issues up until now.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #137
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawrsh2008 View Post

When I woke up at 7 I woke up DH and said, "Are you working today?!? Because it's 7:00!!!" That's when he looked at the clock, rolled over, and said, "IT'S SUNDAY!" Oops.
OMG, I did that LAST week. DH works here in San Diego. He was having allot of meetings up in LA. It is a long day when he travels to LA. Well he had told me he would be up there Wed-Thurs-Fri.
So he is gone early early by 6am to catch the early train to LA.
Friday morn, he left, I never heard him at all. I woke up at 8am and saw he was not in bed sleeping. I looked all over the house for him and then called his cell. He answered and I asked where he was ... "on the train to LA" ... I was so upset ... here it is Saturday and he has gone again to LA. I started to cry actually, (still in my sleep fog) and he said "whats the matter I told you I was going to be in LA" and then crying loudly I said "BUT NOT ON SATURDAY" and he started laughing and whispered into the phone ... "Its Friday" ...

I felt like an idiot and sat on my living room couch for 10 minutes trying to figure out just what was wrong with ME. Ugh. I had lost all track of day. Ugh.

DH joked about it all weekend long.

Yup, I am an old fogie!

So HAPPY SUNDAY FOGIES!!!

KAR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #138
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyernmost View Post
Due to the fact that I am about to attend my second AARP convention (held this year in Orlando)
There are AARP conventions?

I wonder if the hotels have to lay down duct tape traffic lines in the public areas when all the old fogies are in town, for all the different modes of transportation:

The young sprinters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyernmost View Post
I would think that I qualify as the Chairman of the Board of the Old Foggies Club.

Do I hear an "Amen"!
Okay, I think you get the title of "Chairman of the Board of the Old Foggies Club."

Hmm, I suppose that qualifies you for 5 extra voting points, if we ever need to vote for something.

There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Old 09-19-2010, 03:51 PM   #139
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle0101 View Post
I always thought Early Bird Specials were because Oldies went to bed early but maybe it's really because of digestion issues?

I didn't sleep good either last night. My problem was nightmares. It must have been that huge Elephant Ear I had at 9:30 last night. It was dusted in powdered sugar and drizzled in dark chocolate. I washed it down with a soda.
I thought it was because they get up at the crack of dawn, at 5:30, even after retirement, when they no longer need to get up that early.

The combo of what you ate sounded like a pipe/drain cleaner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
OMG, I did that LAST week. DH works here in San Diego. He was having allot of meetings up in LA. It is a long day when he travels to LA. Well he had told me he would be up there Wed-Thurs-Fri.
So he is gone early early by 6am to catch the early train to LA.
Friday morn, he left, I never heard him at all. I woke up at 8am and saw he was not in bed sleeping. I looked all over the house for him and then called his cell. He answered and I asked where he was ... "on the train to LA" ... I was so upset ... here it is Saturday and he has gone again to LA. I started to cry actually, (still in my sleep fog) and he said "whats the matter I told you I was going to be in LA" and then crying loudly I said "BUT NOT ON SATURDAY" and he started laughing and whispered into the phone ... "Its Friday" ...

I felt like an idiot and sat on my living room couch for 10 minutes trying to figure out just what was wrong with ME. Ugh. I had lost all track of day. Ugh.

DH joked about it all weekend long.

Yup, I am an old fogie!

So HAPPY SUNDAY FOGIES!!!
Yes, every once in a while I feel like that old Ray Milland movie, Lost Weekend. I seriously wonder how I've lost a day here & there in my head.

CaliforniaDreamin, I posted a shoe guessing game on the Criminal Minds thread yesterday. Give it a whirl, when you get a chance.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
Thanks!
Old 09-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #140
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
Anyone 30 and over is an automatic member!
I saw this when you first posted and meant to join, but forgot.

And then, once I got off the thread, I forgot which thread it was.

Then I got off the Dis, and forgot what board it was.

So, I'm back here and I found it, and I'm excited to be a member.
Are there special gifts for those who are just about double the age people can join at? AARP gave me a nice travel holder (for tickets and passport and stuff) when I joined them.

I do have to say that I was surprised at Dunkin Donuts when the gal gave me a price for a donut, then looked up and said, oops..no that will be (insert lower price). I then asked why the price went down, and that 16 year old chick said, because you are a senior. I'm not sure if I was happy the price was lower, or sad, because she could tell I was a senior! I almost wanted to refuse the discount!

Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:58 PM   #141
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

Quote:
I thought it was because they get up at the crack of dawn, at 5:30, even after retirement, when they no longer need to get up that early.
Hey hey, sometimes I don't go to bed much before them.

Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #142
CaliforniaDreamin
DIS Veteran (and then some)
Can you tell I was a child of the 80's??

Quote:

CaliforniaDreamin, I posted a shoe guessing game on the Criminal Minds thread yesterday. Give it a whirl, when you get a chance.
My in laws (my MIL passed this July) got up at 5am every morning. My FIL still does. I guess they have just done it all their lives.

I'm headed over to the CM thread now!
Old 09-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #143
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:

The combo of what you ate sounded like a pipe/drain cleaner!

Yes, every once in a while I feel like that old Ray Milland movie, Lost Weekend. I seriously wonder how I've lost a day here & there in my head.

No that's what I ate for breakfast/lunch today at the festival. I forget what it was called but it had "Grande" in the title. It had tortilla chips, cheddar cheese sauce, sauteed onions, chicken, salsa and sour cream. Washed it down with a coke.

My tummy hurts. I may have to skip the Early Bird Special today.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #144
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRick View Post
I saw this when you first posted and meant to join, but forgot.

And then, once I got off the thread, I forgot which thread it was.

Then I got off the Dis, and forgot what board it was.

So, I'm back here and I found it, and I'm excited to be a member.
Well, it sounds like you fit all the criteria for being a member.

Quote:
Are there special gifts for those who are just about double the age people can join at? AARP gave me a nice travel holder (for tickets and passport and stuff) when I joined them.
I'm waiting for AARP to PM me, when they figure out where the inadvertent, sudden rise in membership in the last few days came from.

Of course if they tell me, "We'll let you join 2 years early! " I'll go, "WHY??? Is there something you know about me that I should know about, as to why I need to be joining early?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRick View Post
Hey hey, sometimes I don't go to bed much before them.
Oh great! Then you can make the coffee and order the Early Bird Specials for everyone at the conventions, before you go to bed. This way the waitresses won't have all these people shouting at them because they can't hear.
Thanks!
Old 09-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #145
CaliforniaDreamin

Quote:
No that's what I ate for breakfast/lunch today at the festival. I forget what it was called but it had "Grande" in the title. It had tortilla chips, cheddar cheese sauce, sauteed onions, chicken, salsa and sour cream. Washed it down with a coke.

Next time you will know to stick to the Cream of Wheat.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #146
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:

I just found out there is a street festival in my neighborhood today! Off to check it out in a little bit. Maybe, I'll have a nice greasy, over-priced funnel cake. That should overdose me on sugar for the rest of the year.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #147
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Next time you will know to stick to the Cream of Wheat.
I know. I should know better at this age. It just looked so good.

Quote:
I just found out there is a street festival in my neighborhood today! Off to check it out in a little bit. Maybe, I'll have a nice greasy, over-priced funnel cake. That should overdose me on sugar for the rest of the year.

Did someone say sugar?

Our festival closes at 6 tonight. Is it bad that I'm thinking of going down to get a bag of cotton candy for tonight and some donuts for breakfast tomorrow?

Forget the Gas-X and the Activia and the Tums and the Mylanta ... I'm gonna need a stomach pump.

I'm gonna need to put my girdle back on too.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #148
CaliforniaDreamin

At Seaworld in San Diego, my DD and I shared a chocolate funnel cake. No, not just drizzled in chocolate. The batter was chocolate and THEN it was drizzled in choclate sauce and then powdered sugar and then whipped creme. OMG, so good. I'll see if I can find a picture of it.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:07 PM   #149
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
At Seaworld in San Diego, my DD and I shared a chocolate funnel cake. No, not just drizzled in chocolate. The batter was chocolate and THEN it was drizzled in choclate sauce and then powdered sugar and then whipped creme. OMG, so good. I'll see if I can find a picture of it.
CaliforniaDreamin, check your PMs. If I don't get back to you, I'm in a sugar coma.
Thanks!
Old 09-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #150
CaliforniaDreamin

Quote:
CaliforniaDreamin, check your PMs. If I don't get back to you, I'm in a sugar coma.
OMG, I have a story about a sugar coma, but I'm not sure if I have already shared it. I really am getting old.

If anyone remembers me talking about overdosing on sugar, please tell me.

Check your PM's. I sent a reply twice, because the first time it didn't go thru to the others, then I figured it out.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: