Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
MouseinMelbourne
DIS Veteran

Photo Mat Autograph question

Do I have to/should I put each item we want autographed in separate bags? We want to get 2 mats signed, along with an autograph book. I have one set of markers. Could we just get one of those giant ziploc bags and put everything in there?

TIA!
MouseinMelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

I put both mine in one bag that way they stay together. One set of markers. Make sure your stateroom number is PERMANATLY on the bag-guest services may add a note inside the bag as well with your room number.

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
Evans Family
Disney Crazy

What size mat do you get? For a 8 x 10 or 5 x 7?

Evans Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
4disneykids
Mouseketeer

I just returned from a cruise and I had a photo mat signed and also 2 pillowcases. I put them in different baggies only because I had different markers. Sharpies for the photo matt and fabric markers for the pillow cases. If you are using the same markers I would put them in the same baggie. My photo matt was for a 5 x 7 picture and I got it at Hobby Lobby. Good luck.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
Superman81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4disneykids View Post
I just returned from a cruise and I had a photo mat signed and also 2 pillowcases. I put them in different baggies only because I had different markers. Sharpies for the photo matt and fabric markers for the pillow cases. If you are using the same markers I would put them in the same baggie. My photo matt was for a 5 x 7 picture and I got it at Hobby Lobby. Good luck.
Hey. I'm going to show my ignorance, but am I reading this correctly? It sounds like you are saying that you can have a photo matt and pillow cases etc... signed by characters without physically having each character sign it. (you talked about having markers in baggies like you are turning them in) Am I getting it right? and if so, how do you go about this. This sounds like a great idea. Can I do a T-shirt? Thanks for your help.
Superman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
MouseinMelbourne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman81 View Post
Hey. I'm going to show my ignorance, but am I reading this correctly? It sounds like you are saying that you can have a photo matt and pillow cases etc... signed by characters without physically having each character sign it. (you talked about having markers in baggies like you are turning them in) Am I getting it right? and if so, how do you go about this. This sounds like a great idea. Can I do a T-shirt? Thanks for your help.
I'm the OP, and I'm new at this, but yes what you think you heard - you really did hear. You can bring whatever you want signed, along with markers, in a large ziploc type bag and leave it at Guest Services. I think I read they have a form you and check off which characters you want to sign. It is returned to your room the last night - signed by everyone!

People who have done this previously suggest putting in a little "thank you" for the CM's of a bag of candy or something.
MouseinMelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:37 PM   #7
Superman81
Mouseketeer

Servers on the Wonder

Sorry, Posted in the wrong place.

Last edited by Superman81; 09-19-2010 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong place.
Superman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #8
th0709
Earning My Ears

What is the photo mat and where do you get them? Thanks in advance.
th0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #9
czkmom
Earning My Ears

The photo mats sound awesome.... but does anyone find that half of the autographs are covered up by the frame once you get home and insert the mat into the frame?

Just curious...

DCL Mexican Riv 2/2011
WDW Poly Christmas 2006
Disneyland Offsite 2005
czkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:04 PM   #10
4disneykids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman81 View Post
The first night on the boat, after our suitcases arrived in our stateroom, I went to guest services with my items I wanted signatures on. They filled out a small form, one for each baggie, and it was delivered to my stateroom with all the characters signatures on the last night. I don't know why they couldn't do a tee shirt, it is not much different than pillowcases. Be careful of the lighter color markers, they don't show up much. I took out the yellow and my lighter green didn't show up as well as I would have liked. I have also heard of people getting a vinylnation statue signed. I may try that in Feb. Good luck.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:04 AM   #11
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by czkmom View Post
The photo mats sound awesome.... but does anyone find that half of the autographs are covered up by the frame once you get home and insert the mat into the frame?

Just curious...

I bought a frame that was 'signable' like a mat...that way you just slip the picture in, I think it was $4 from Wal-Mart...the kids love it..I do recommend using FABRIC markers for pillow cases...my son woke up one day and had an anchor tattooed on his cheek...it was from Mr. Smee's signature...sleeping on it and sweating (even after being washed) I guess made it transfer the anchor to his cheek! And several of the permanent marker colors we had in the box bled...the black did not, but all those new colors they have for sharpies almost all bled... We'll know better next time!

Tara

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #12
4disneykids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by czkmom View Post

Just curious...
You can put painters tape (the blue tape) around the edge of the mat so the signatures aren't covered up when you put it in a frame.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #13
Nikki'sMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4disneykids View Post
You can put painters tape (the blue tape) around the edge of the mat so the signatures aren't covered up when you put it in a frame.

I love this board!!! I'd never think of that.....

me( 45) dh(48) dd(6)
Nikki'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: