Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #76
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
WL sounds just perfect for this trip! I adore that lobby. So much exploring for your boys to do. I didn't realize there was a package available at the desk with tips on mickey hunting. I think there is also a daily free tour. Wish I'd known that when I was there. Oh well, just a reason to return!
Yes, I'd forgotten about the tour! The lodge is really a great place to spend a rainy day if you don't want to go traipsing through a park.

Quote:
Don't forget to rub Humphrey's nose and toss some coins into the fountain!
Will do!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #77
TarzansKat

It's Time For a Little Levity

Marlin: There was this mollusk, and he walks up to this sea cucumber. Normally, they don't talk, sea cucumbers, but in a joke everyone talks. So the sea mollusk says to the cucumber...
[sees the mask]
Marlin: Nemo!
Chum: [laughing] Nemo! Ha ha! Nemo... I don't get it.
Bruce: For a clown fish, he's not that funny.

We're going to take a little break here. A little break from planning, a little break from mourning (if that's possible), and a little break from it all, while I regale you with some of the TK clan moments of levity.

The moments that happen during a trip that you least expect, moments that make you laugh, make you smile, and may even induce a little tear in the eye...but in a good way.

Whenever this pre trip report starts to get a little too weepy, I'm going to through in some of these anecdotes for your general amusement...and so that I can remember there's good in life, even through my sadness.

We begin with a trip which was just myself and MJS, pre-kids. This story is shortly told. MJS and I were on the monorail, sitting across from another couple who were there with their kids. It was either August or September, so pretty hot outside, and boy was it a relief to be inside that nice cool monorail.

We settle down for a little ride, not really talking much, and obviously, not staring at, but seeing the people across from us...

suddenly, the mom takes the bottom of her shirt to wipe off her sunglasses.

Now normally, this wouldn't be an issue, right? I mean, we all do it, and I have no problems with that, sometimes those glasses just get too dirty and they need a good cleaning?

Except that this mom had chosen to wear on this particularly hot day a tank top.

With a shelf bra.

And nothing else.

So when she lifted up her shirt to clean her glasses, let's just say that MJS and I may have gotten a little flash of the goods, so to speak.

I'm not a prude. I'd be quite hypocritical if I were offended, as I have a BFA in Painting and have taken several drawing and painting classes involving nude models. This was actually the majority of my thesis in college, but there's a difference between seeing a naked body in a classroom setting when you're expecting it and seeing a random flashing on a Disney monorail.

As a matter of fact, I had to try so hard not to start laughing, because even though she'd done that, she didn't even realize it! And MJS and I were the only people that saw it, because her family was distracted with other things.

I looked at him sort of out of the corner of my eye, and he looked at me and we quickly looked away.

We were in danger of bursting out laughing, and were trying SO hard to hold it in. Because, let's face it. I may talk a really eloquent game here, but throw in a random flashing or a little bathroom humor, and I giggle like a school girl.

Honestly. I once did an internship were we used to watch Three Stooges reruns while we were working, and my mentor said to me, I don't get it, women never like these! I grew up watching them with my dad. Who also took me to see Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and Bogus Journey in theaters. Because Dad and I are cool like that, savvy?

I digress.

As soon as the family departed the monorail, I looked at MJS and said, did she just...and he said, did you just...and I said...I think so, and we promptly lost it.

Bless her. It still gives me a good chuckle.

A cautionary tale, ladies! If you're wearing a tank top with only a shelf bra, "easy on the goods, love!"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #78
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

LOL!! Well that is definitely not something you see everyday let alone on the monorail at Disney!!!

Thanks for sharing!! This made me giggle like a little school girl too!!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 09-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #79
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

That's a good one. Looking forward to more anecdotes over the course of your planning!

Old 09-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #80
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I'll try to keep that one in mind.

I'm glad my youngest wasn't there. She would have told her.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #81
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

I laughed like a school girl too. I grew up watching the Three Stooges too.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #82
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

So not the sort of thing you would expect to see on the monorail!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #84
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

You would think she would have felt a sudden breeze or something!

We talked about our sensitive little souls a few pages back so I thought you would appreciate this story. Yesterday, we were at a local animal farm/mini-zoo not sure what you would call it but they have a petting zoo. My dd loves animals but especially horses. There was a miniature horse there that she fell in love with. When we left the area, I could see the look on her face and next thing you know she started to cry because she was going to miss her horse friend so much. What do you say to that - LOL! You don't want to belittle their feelings but on the other hand you want to say you knew the darn horse for 10 minutes why are you crying. So we sat on a bench and had a talk and talked about horsebacking riding lessons and making a friend there (which we were already thinking about doing).

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
Old 09-27-2010, 10:02 PM   #85
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I love these kinds of stories!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 09-28-2010, 08:14 AM   #86
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
LOL!! Well that is definitely not something you see everyday let alone on the monorail at Disney!!!

Thanks for sharing!! This made me giggle like a little school girl too!!!!!!
Yup. Not something I expected to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
That's a good one. Looking forward to more anecdotes over the course of your planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I'll try to keep that one in mind.

I'm glad my youngest wasn't there. She would have told her.
HA! Thank goodness we didn't have little ones with us yet, because I am sure Nemo would have asked about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post

I laughed like a school girl too. I grew up watching the Three Stooges too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
So not the sort of thing you would expect to see on the monorail!!!
No. And believe me, I've seen plenty in my lifetime, and some of it at Disney, but I just wasn't expecting that right then, which I think is what made it so funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
what a great chuckle!

And it makes me wonder if my distant past...I ever flashed anyone.

BTW the WL ranger tour is fabulous, I highly highly recommend it! It is even more fabulous thanks to Ranger Joe. The Hidden Mickey packet is fun
HA! Well, I can say it definitely wasn't you.

Thanks for the compliments on the tour. Maybe we'll check that out this time! You think Nemo would enjoy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
You would think she would have felt a sudden breeze or something!

Quote:
We talked about our sensitive little souls a few pages back so I thought you would appreciate this story. Yesterday, we were at a local animal farm/mini-zoo not sure what you would call it but they have a petting zoo. My dd loves animals but especially horses. There was a miniature horse there that she fell in love with. When we left the area, I could see the look on her face and next thing you know she started to cry because she was going to miss her horse friend so much. What do you say to that - LOL! You don't want to belittle their feelings but on the other hand you want to say you knew the darn horse for 10 minutes why are you crying. So we sat on a bench and had a talk and talked about horsebacking riding lessons and making a friend there (which we were already thinking about doing).
Aw. I totally hear what you're saying. Thank you for sharing. It is a tough run with the emotional ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I love these kinds of stories!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:14 AM   #87
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

That's too funny. I don't know if I would have made if off before laughing. My little kid instinct is just too great.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 09-28-2010, 05:23 PM   #88
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
That's too funny. I don't know if I would have made if off before laughing. My little kid instinct is just too great.
And we're already on little kid mode once we hit Disney soil, right?
Old 09-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #89
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

How polite of you to wait to laugh until she got off... I'm sure I would of lost it right then.

Does it matter I have no idea what a 'shelf bra' is?

Those unexpected moments are the best!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #90
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I've decided that if I had been in that situation, I would have snort laughed, elbowed Marc and Marc's eyes would have gotten as a big as saucers. I would hope we could have kept from laughing while the lady while still there but I don't know if we would have been good like that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: