Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #106
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Tanya, I'm so sorry it was such a bad "first afternoon" at the resort. I'm glad to know that things get better and there are no further blow ups. Still what an awful start to your trip.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:40 AM   #107
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

OH Tanya, that sounds like a dreadful scene! How awful to have to start your vacation off like this!! Glad you didn't have to endure a repeat of all of that nonsense!! Glad you can be honest here and share the bad with the good-

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2010, 11:27 AM   #108
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Tanya, I'm so sorry it was such a bad "first afternoon" at the resort. I'm glad to know that things get better and there are no further blow ups. Still what an awful start to your trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
OH Tanya, that sounds like a dreadful scene! How awful to have to start your vacation off like this!! Glad you didn't have to endure a repeat of all of that nonsense!! Glad you can be honest here and share the bad with the good-
Thanks so much! No, it was not fun. But, unfortunately, I am starting to see a pattern. My husband does not travel well. At least on vacations - he travels for work sometimes and I never hear of any problems then. Maybe its the expectation that vacations are supposed to be relaxing and fun - and the first little hiccup throws him - then he keeps piling up each little thing until he has enough to blow up about. We had already talked about next year me flying down while he drove - that I would order manual bags for my dialysis the first couple nights and he would bring my machine - then we wouldn't have the hassle of flying with the machine - or the hassle of hauling boxes to the hotels along the road and hopeing the room had the right lay-out for me to hook-up.

The added benefit - and to me the best reason ever to do it this way - is I would be there before them and could get us checked in to the rooms before they ever set foot on Disney property.

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
Old 12-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #109
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

I had high hopes of getting back to this and getting to the "good" stuff. I had typed up the beginnings of a report before Thanksgiving, go interrupted and never finished it. Then I decided I would use the beginnings of it, and fix it a little, and add pictures. So today I go in on DH's computer and start to upload the pictures to PhotoBucket. I found the first day's, went to my pics and uploaded them - there were 32 plus 5 videos that were too big and kept bombing out.....so you won't see those. Then I went to his folder........Day 1 he took 837 pictures! Holy Cow! So I am back on hold while I keep running in there and selecting batches to upload.

In the meantime, let me share our photo, storing system. Every night at the resort DH collects all of the cameras and downloads all the pictures. He has a folder - for this trip it is Nov 2010. In that folder are other folders 11-8, 11-9, 11-10, etc. Inside each of those folders are more - "Danny", "Tanya"....(and so on if the boys are there, too). Inside the "Danny" folder is usually two more folders - one labeled Canon, and one Nikon. Sometimes if he takes one of his smaller cameras (mainly at the waterparks) there will be a folder for them too. But the Canon and the Nikon are his "good" camera, and his video camera. The video camera can take still pics, so sometimes he has pics from it. He re-sets the counter at the beginning of a trip so all the cameras start with 00001 - plus whatever pre-fix it automatically puts at the beginning of the number. He also sets the clocks on all the cameras when we get there. Or, I should say, sometimes he sets the clocks on all of the cameras. With the digital pics I can sort my time - so on some of the trips I have thrown everything in to the same folder and sorted by time to see different views.....it's kinda funny when we are in different parks to bounce back and forth between them. But sometimes, he forgets to reset them and something will be on a different time zone than the rest.

Another peek inside our minds - when we travel we make lists. My list is in a little notebook - each person has a page, on that page I list out each article of clothing. I know how many shirts & shorts each person has and which ones they are. I make sure there are light-weight (dry easily) ones for Animal Kingdom (Kali River) day - and make sure that stuff will mix and match fairly easily. My husband, goes to Vegas with a buddy every year. They have a 2 1/2 page spreadsheet of all the camera and computer equipment and other gadgets they take with them, there is also one line that says "clothes".

I hope everybody had a wonderful Thanksgiving, found some bargains on Black Friday - or Cyber Monday, is staying warm, and is enjoying the holiday season. I am trying to do as much shopping online as possible. I figure every gift I can buy from the comfort of my room while drinking coffee and sitting here in my sweats, is that much less time I have to spend out there in the cold and crowded stores. I am becoming quite the recluse!

Old 12-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #110
marvali
DIS Veteran

Glad to see you are at least alive and well! Not like the rest of us have been burning the DIScandle at both ends lately! Very busy time for everyone it looks like!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 12-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #111
PennyLane1084
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
Here in 2010 I am going to leave Mark & Ethan scrounging around in the back of the car in the airport parking lot looking for DVDs…..that should keep them busy for awhile.

Meanwhile in 1988, the honeymooners saw things that people may never see again. One of them was the long lost Diamond Horseshow Revue.

Another was brand new! DH had never seen it before so it was somewhere we could discover for the first time together. It was

Mickey’s Birthdayland!

At that time it wasn’t Toontown – it was Duckberg

Most of the buildings were just facades

Donald’s boat was even smaller….must have been his starter-boat. You couldn’t play on it….there looks like there is a sidewalk there so maybe you could go get your picture taken. I don’t have any pics of anybody doing that so that’s just a guess.

Goofy hadn’t taken up flying yet and Grandma Duck still owned the barn. And amazingly we have no pictures of the animals Grandma Duck kept there. But she did have some. I’m thinking they were goats. Now that I see the picture blown up it looks like there's a sihouette of a horse and a pig on the sign....so maybe they were there too. And it seems like Minnie Moo lived there for awhile…..but that’s just a dusty, suspect recollection.

You could still go in Mickey’s house (but not Minnie’s). This was before he hired Donald to remodel his kitchen so many years ago

And instead of winding around watching old cartoons– we were invited to Mickey’s birthday party!!

They had a nice little stage show with characters trying to throw a surprise party for Mickey – they brought presents and made a cake

And Mickey came!

After the party was over then you could go back to meet the birthday boy…..uh….mouse!

Come back soon for more adventures in the Walt Disney World that was…….
OMG I was just skimming through your pictures from your honeymoon. And I remember Mickey's Birthdayland. I went for my first time in 1989 and that was still there. My dad taped that birthday show with our HUGE camcorder and I remember Duckberg. Wow, I feel like I'm revisiting my childhood!!
2013-DISNEYMOON! - Coronado Springs
DH - Steve Me - Kristin
Old 12-08-2010, 12:23 AM   #112
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Hi Tanya,

Yep, we're all pretty busy now with the holiday stuff going on. AND, we have a big impending move looming ahead. Just breathe and take your time- sharing time with family over the Christmas season is more important.

And about that photo storage system.... All I can say is "WOW!!" I can thank Mary for taking care of our backupping every night.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #113
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

If I ever thought I was a little anal, well it doesn't even compare to your DH. I like to upload our pictures by day but not to the extreme he does.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 12-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #114
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
If I ever thought I was a little anal, well it doesn't even compare to your DH.
Anal? yep that's a good word for him!

Old 12-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #115
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
Initial sketchy plans.

Mon - DH planning to go to AK early and spend time trying to get the perfect pictures on the safari and the walking trails. I will probably hit Epcot and try some of the Food & Wine stands.....well, the food stands anyway.
That evening we plan to go back to the studios for the Osborne Lights. I don't know how smart that is since it's the first night they will be lit and I imagine it will be a zoo - but it's also extra magic hours that night so DH seems to think that will give us a better opportunity (more time) to see the lights. Since we are at Boardwalk we can take the walking path to get "home" so the crowds won't affect us as far as transportation

Monday started with coffee and toast in the room. Danny had gotten a new lens for his camera that he wanted to try out on the safari, so we headed out together. He headed for the bus stop and I moseyed over to Epcot. I wasn’t in a big hurry because it was just after 8:30 and the park didn’t open until 9. I stopped and took a few pictures around the waterfront as I worked my way over to International Gateway.

I went through bag check then wound up in a big bottleneck. They weren’t letting people through the turnstiles yet so it was crowded. Since I was on my scooter I had gotten pointed in the wrong direction and couldn’t really get turned very well. I decided that it wasn’t worth the hassle and just kept inching forward - which for me was towards a corner away from the turnstiles. They started letting people through and it didn’t take long for them all to clear out then I was able to get pointed in the right direction and go in.

The CMs were lined up blocking the bridge to France and in generally just motioning us through to Future World. I saw some people stopping at the phone booths in the UK and got out my cell phone. I had seen the phone numbers for the phone booths online and was going to try to call them. But they left before I got my phone out and had the numbers looked up.

I checked out the empty food & Wine booths as I passed by.

After leaving World Showcase I decided to go to Imagination. I was not even going to attempt the elevator at Soarin without Danny there – especially first thing in the morning. At Imagination I saw the signs for Captain EO and decided to go watch that.

I swear we had seen it on our honeymoon, but I had no pictures of any signs. Danny says he’s never seen it. After watching it I don’t remember if I had seen it or not. I have never really been a Michael Jackson fan, in spite of growing up in the 80’s. I did enjoy some of his music, but until his death, I had never owned a record or cd of his. And technically, Danny bought the cd after he died so I guess I still have never bought any of his music. But that show showed how talented he really was back then – when he was young, and black, and had mostly his original face. His nose looked like he had already started the work. The 3d effects were only so-so – but it was a 30+ year old show and can not compete with Philharmagic.

From there I went to the gift shop. My oldest son loves Figment and wanted me to look for new Figment merchandise. Surprisingly there were several new Figment t-shirts. I took pictures on my phone and sent them to Sean. (hmm…Danny must not have confiscated my phone to get the pictures….or else I ust haven’t discovered where he hid them yet).

From there I wandered through the Innoventions – did my first time - of getting a Velcro frog. I had seen the Velcro show before but either they didn’t have the frogs there then or I had my eyes closed when I went out, but I got me a frog.

I also heard the Jammin’ Chefs play. I have never seen the Jamminators so I don’t know if it’s the same guys only in a Food themed (I assume for the Food & Wine festival), but they were good.

There were 3 of them with stoves and a rack of pots and pans and they drummed on all of it….with I think wooden spoons (Marv???) I’ll have to check the pictures when I can get to them. …..(Nope – just drum sticks……spoons would have been better!) And they told silly food-realted puns. They started with talking about being a fan of jams, like strawberry, boysenberry, raspberry, and….Halle Berry!

I had pulled up before they got started, and a bit of a crowd gathered around. We were at the “land” side of the breezeway and a lot of people were cutting through to go see the attractions on that side of the park. For the most part they walked behind those of us watching the performance. There were some who were oblivious and didn’t realize we were standing there for a reason until they were already cutting between us and the show. Most of them realized and hustled on through out of the way. Then there was this guy

He started through, turned and looked right at me and stopped. Had I been standing I could have just scooted sideways so I could still see, but scooters don’t scoot sideways. And there were people all around me….not in a massive crush, but close enough that I couldn’t maneuver the scooter around without causing other people to have to move. So I tried to lean around this guy. Fortunately, along with being rude, he has a short attention span, so he didn’t stay too long – maybe through the end of the song he walked in on – and then he left.

After watching them I cruised through MouseGears and then out to the other side where they were setting up for another set. Sean called me about that time so I rolled back out of the way so I could hear him, and also not bother the people trying to watch the show. He was telling me which of the Figment shirts he liked best.

After getting off the phone with him it was 11 and World Showcase was open so I headed over there to try some food.

First stop was Ireland. The time is 11:07.

Sorry – no food pictures. I had enough trouble juggling the food while on my scooter. I thought having my own seat would be an advantage, but it really didn’t work out that way. If I’d been smarter, I would have stood at the tables they provide….but nobody has ever accused me of being smart recently – so I tried to make a table out of the stuff in my basket. Worked sometimes – but not so well with anything that was juicy or had sauce. In Ireland I had the Lobster and Scallop Fishermans Pie and the Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baily’s Irish Cream Ganache. The Fishermans pie was a little cup of a fish “stew” with basically mashed potatoes on top. It was spicier than I anticipated, but very good. The Chocolate Lava cake was tiny. Like a little bite-size muffin. When I first saw it, I was disappointed. But it was very, very rich, so I don’t know that I could have eaten a bigger piece. I didn’t really notice anything on the inside (I guess I thought it would have a filling of chocolate) – or maybe it did, but it was so small I didn’t notice it. It was very moist, and the sauce poured over it was like a thin hot fudge sauce. No mild milk choclate for the Irish – nothing but “rich” chocolate. I also bought a bottle of lemonade there, but would have preferred a cold glass of milk to go with my dessert.

Next stop – Belgium. Time 11:34.

What says Belgium like a waffle? This one was yummy – and after nearly flipping the whole thing over in my basket – I did get a little smarter and used a table so I could cut through it. The fruit compote was tart berries – which was real good with the whipped cream and warm waffles. So far I’m 3 for 3 on my taste testing.

From there I moved on to Germany and the item I had been craving ever since I saw the Food & Wine menu. Apfelstrudel featuring Werther’s original Karmell sauce. The time is 12:22, and evidently this is when I gave up on the camera.

I think I had this too built up in my mind because I was underwhelmed by it. The carmel sauce was good. But the apple strudel was just missing something. I’m thinking I am more accustomed to cinnamon on my apple desserts, and I don’t think this had much in the way of spices. Which would have probably been ok if the apples had more flavor – were tarter, but they weren’t. It wasn’t bad, it just could have been better….for me.

I stopped at China at 12:44 and had the Pot Stickers and BBQ Chicken. Hmmm, well, I don’t know how to describe the potstickers. Let me start by saying my experience with Chinese food comes mainly from our local grocery store’s Chinese buffet. I typically get the General Chicken and an eggroll. The potstickers were nothing like those. I like spicy and sweet – these were almost sour?? I did eat them – I wouldn’t get them again – just not my taste. The chicken was good. And, considering how universally small the portions are at the Food & Wine booths, I am almost hesitant to say, there was too much of it. But again, that’s me – I am not a big meat eater. I am in no way a vegetarian, or vegan, I just don’t care for meat. My mom told me when I was little I didn’t like any food that I had to chew for very long. I guess some things really haven’t changed. The flavor of the chicken was good and maybe if I could have taken it off the skewer it was on and put it on a bun I would have eaten all of it. But just eating a stick of meat….I only ate about half and tossed the rest.

By this point I had pretty much circled the countries and was kinda full. I went back to Mexico and watched the end of the set by these guys.

Beautiful voices! There was a girl in the crowd with a birthday button on that they sang to – just incredible. I’m sure she was melting.

When they were done I took a little boat ride

After the ride I rolled back across the walkway to the Handcarved Ring stand. On my way through on my eating adventure, I had stopped and looked at the rings there like I do every year. The guy was on break at that time. So the cruise through Mexico was just about enough time for him to get back. If you haven’t looked at these rings before, they are just bands with a squared off top that they carve initials, or names into. When I was looking at the samples I noticed that there are some symbols and pictures that they will carve into them too. One of the samples was a guitar. I asked the guy if, with the guitar, he can also add initials. He thought he could but that they would be on the sides of the ring and not across the top. The sample he pulled out had the initials carved on the bottom.

Backstory – As I have mentioned before, my only brother, Bret, died two years ago. (That is who is referred to in my signature). Since then I have been looking for a ring as a memorial of sorts. I don’t wear a lot of jewelry – at all. I have my wedding & engagement rings, a mother’s ring with my and my kids’ birthstones in it, and a black onyx ring that was one of my first “grown-up” purchases. When my grandmother died (two months after my brother) she had a couple opal rings that I took – opal was Bret’s birthstone. But neither of the rings fit, and they were unable to be resized.

So I had been on the look-out for an opal ring. But the problem was – I didn’t like any of them. I did see some black diamond rings that were kinda cool that I thought about getting (Bret was a Raider’s and a Harley fan, his casket was a shiny black with silver trim) I thought the coloring would be appropriate even if it wasn’t his birthstone. But again, nothing ever spoke to me enough to get it. So while looking at these rings and seeing the guitar – well it spoke. As a teenager, Bret played bass guitar all the time. He had it set up in the basement with amplifiers and what not – you could hear the boom boom boom of his bass for blocks away…literally. After he had left home he got away from his guitar. When he moved back home he didn’t play anymore. He said he was afraid he wouldn’t be any good anymore after not playing for so long. He had put on quite a bit of weight over the years, some due to the kidney issues, and dialysis, but most due to dad’s bad genes, and our bad eating habits. He was trying to lose weight, but on dialysis your energy is sapped, so you really don’t feel like doing much. Somewhere along the line he picked up another guitar and started playing again. That gave him something to do that wasn’t just watching tv or sitting on the computer and snacking. He also started re-building his old Harley. So some of the weight was coming off. He also was teaching two of my boys how to play guitar. Sean wasn’t grasping it very well but Mark was doing pretty good. Bret had bough Mark an electric guitar, but Mark thought the bass would be easier, so they had traded – Bret was learning how to play mark’s, and Mark was learning how to play bass. When Bret died, Mark still had his bass – he still does. On Bret’s tombstone is an etching of a laptop computer (he was a programmer) and a bass guitar. So a guitar is very much a “Bret thing”.

Bret, Me, Grandma (Dad's mom), Mom, Dad, Ryne, & Mark at Grandma's 90th birthday Jan 2007. Sean was at a Speech Meet that day. Who knew then that in two years two of them would be gone - Grandma died on the morning of her 92nd birthday.

I ordered a ring with the guitar and with Bret’s initials on the side. That was always another issue – his initials are B.A.D. , so I never wanted to get a ring with just his initials on it. But the guitar – that’s cool. I just got a cheap brass one – I was going to get sterling silver, but he didn’t have a blank in my size that was wide enough and I wasn’t ready to commit to a gold one. I figured if I get the brass one, and I’m comfortable with it and I don’t grow to hate it, maybe some trip I will upgrade to a gold one. The one I ordered was $12 plus 5 for the guitar and 2 for two initials – so $19 plus tax. He told me to come back in half an hour to pick it up. The time was 1:53 when I paid for it inside the shop, then I had to take my order back out to the ring carver – so it was closer to 2:00 but the time he got started.

Another goal I hadn’t met yet was having a Grey Goose slushie. So I rolled through the crowds back to France and started my drinking and driving adventure! ( 2:17 ) You couldn’t drink it too fast or there would be brain freeze issues, so I rolled over along the water front and watched an epic lizard battle. There was some shrubbery behind Morocco where I was sitting and I thought I noticed something fall out of it out of the corner of my eye. I looked over and there were two of those tiny little lizards that are everywhere. They must have been fighting over the same little girl lizard because they were not happy with each other. I sat there for several minutes and just watched them – they would puff up, and stretch up on their little lizard tippy toes and bounce up and down a little then one would pounce and they would roll around for a couple seconds then separate and puff and bounce some more. Eventually one of them ran off in the bush, and the other one declared himself the winner. It was a little bit of light entertainment while I drank my slushie down enough to put it in the cup holder without splashing all over while I drove.

I circled back over to get my ring. It was still a little too early and there was no line for Maelstrom so I took another boat ride.

From there I went and picked up my ring – I love it!

By this time I have heard from Danny, he is on his way back to the resort from Animal Kingdom. I decided to go ahead and go back to the room too. I was full from lunch, but didn’t want to keep snacking because we planned to go to Hollywood Studios that night and would eat supper there somewhere.

I had started with $50 on my gift card that I had purchased for the Food & Wine. After todays samplings I was down to $16.75. I had actually been doing pretty good until I went for that Grey Goose slushie – it was $9.50 – and like my poor apple strudel – it did not live up to the hype. Again, it was fine, I am not much of a drinker. I do remember going to a work outing with my husband years ago and they had a cooler of vodka-lemonade. It was very good – but you really tasted the lemonade. I thought that this would taste kind of like that, only in a slush. It didn’t. Maybe it was more lemony than the GranMarnier – which is supposed to be more orange-y?, but it wasn’t what I was expecting.

Satisfied with my morning’s adventures, and happy that Danny’s mood appears to have improved considerably from the day before I headed back to the Boardwalk to take a little bit of a break.

And since I still have 100’s of his pictures from that day to finish uploading – I will break there. When I come back I will share his day in pictures – not all 800+ - but enough to let you know how he spent his morning. Think about it though – he was only there about 5 hours or less and has over 800 pictures….. Wow! I think you can guess how he spent his time there!

Old 12-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #116
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Tanya wonderful update! I love the detail descrpitions of the food since I've never been there for F & W. Your recounting of the ring was very touching. Do you have a picture of the ring?

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 12-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #117
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

I am so glad that your trip improved after that horrible start! Did you ever get the issue with your medical supplies sorted out? I have heard that the resorts with a convention center charge for deliveries. But just as you said, there is a difference between someone shipping luggage ahead (or convention supplies) and medical supplies!

Have you ever considered contacting the phone line for guests with disabilities to find out about the layout of outlets in the different rooms? Perhaps they may be able to help you in the future with that issue?

The ring for your brother sounds like a wonderful way to remember him. I am very sorry that you lost him at such a still very young age!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 12-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #118
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Tanya wonderful update! I love the detail descrpitions of the food since I've never been there for F & W. Your recounting of the ring was very touching. Do you have a picture of the ring?
No....I don't have a picture of the ring. I tried to take one with my phone to send to the boys but couldn't get a good one. I'll have to dig out a camera one day and try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I am so glad that your trip improved after that horrible start! Did you ever get the issue with your medical supplies sorted out? I have heard that the resorts with a convention center charge for
deliveries. But just as you said, there is a difference between someone shipping luggage ahead (or convention supplies) and medical supplies!

Have you ever considered contacting the phone line for guests with disabilities to find out about the layout of outlets in the different rooms? Perhaps they may be able to help you in the future with that issue?

The ring for your brother sounds like a wonderful way to remember him. I am very sorry that you lost him at such a still very young age!
As far as the medical supplies and this trip....well, we were charged $60 and Maureen credited back $30. Once I was home I dig some digging around online and saw that someone else had the same issue. They called special services and had the charge removed. I don't know if they were still on property at the time or not. I. Called that number after I got home, I was referred to the guest services email. I sent them an email, received a return phone cal(or three). During the 3rd conversation I mentioned something about DVc. So she sai I would be talking to them. so I. Called there. Finally, just a couple days ago it all got settled. I shouldn't have been charged, there will be a $30 credit on our room on our next trip. To make things easier, next trip I will call special services and DVc customer service before I go to let them know what the box situation is.

The outlets by themselves probably wouldnt have been an issue if we hadn't already had so many other problems. We pack an extension cord and a multi-outlet plug with us now and can usually work around the room layouts.

Thank you for your condolences. My brother actually spent about a year or so in Germany when he was in the army. I think he was there in 1984-85. I want to say he was stationed near Hanau (??) he loved it there and wanted to stay longer, but paperwork wasn't his strong point and he didn't get his request in in time .

Old 12-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #119
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

I apologize for the typos, strange puncuations and capitalizations on the above post. I'm using dh's iPad and it doesn't like how I abbreviate and I don't like what it calls a keyboard.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #120
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm back, Tanya (I've finished my TR so now I can concentrate on all of the others). You had a great update; glad to see things improved and loved the food descriptions at the F&W. That was a very warm story about the ring.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: