Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #751
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hey Tanya! Very nice - worth waiting for!

One thing though, it made me sign in to view, and then when I was looking at your album, I accidentally rearranged one of the pages - it moved the pics with me just moving the cursor over them - anyway, I did the undo, but you might want to fix it so only the "admin" can edit your album, or something like that.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:14 AM   #752
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hey Tanya! Very nice - worth waiting for!

One thing though, it made me sign in to view, and then when I was looking at your album, I accidentally rearranged one of the pages - it moved the pics with me just moving the cursor over them - anyway, I did the undo, but you might want to fix it so only the "admin" can edit your album, or something like that.
I will see if I can figure out how to do that I have already ordered the book so it would be no big deal....

oh and Thanks!

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #753
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Thanks for posting the photobook! Looks like it was a great trip.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #754
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

i changed all the pics to pics of me and ordered you another one.

just kidding the book looks great...i have enough coke points ot get one too, but havent looked into it.

is it a hard back book?

was the points you had enough for that many pages? might have to keep my points for hte next trip so we can make one of those.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-03-2011, 12:20 AM   #755
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Thanks for posting the photobook! Looks like it was a great trip.
It was a fun trip - my little bonus getaway! I will still get back to the real vacation this year - an will maybe add some detail to the September trip....but I'm pacing myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i changed all the pics to pics of me and ordered you another one.

just kidding the book looks great...i have enough coke points ot get one too, but havent looked into it.

is it a hard back book?

was the points you had enough for that many pages? might have to keep my points for hte next trip so we can make one of those.

As long as you through in a few of Parker and Noelle that would be fine!

It is a hard back book - and no you don't get that many pages with the points. I think I paid an additional $30 for it (including shipping which you would have to pay for anyway). I think the points give you a 20 page book. A $24.99 value. I just wanted to go ahead and try to cover my whole trip so I just added more pages.

Last edited by mom3sonstt; 11-03-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #756
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
As long as you through in a few of Parker and Noelle that would be fine!

It is a hard back book - and no you don't get that many pages with the points. I think I paid an additional $30 for it (including shipping which you would have to pay for anyway). I think the points give you a 20 page book. A $24.99 value. I just wanted to go ahead and try to cover my whole trip so I just added more pages.
i looked into it yesterday and found it, hope they still have it when we take our next trip parker loves to have his own photo books from our trips.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-05-2011, 12:52 AM   #757
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

It seems like I have used most of my coke points on the photo books.

I'm thinking about getting another one. Every Christmas since 1989 (Sean's first Xmas) the boys have had their picture taken with the little wooden reindeer. I have mom looking to see if she has copies of all the years. If she does than I want to scan them in and put together a book of them. All the boys are out of high school now. I could wait until they start their own families....but that will probably be awhile

Old 11-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #758
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Just when I was starting to get caught up life happened. Nothing bad, just busy. This weekend is my youngest sons play at the college. Danny is their videographer, so we've been up here all week recording and taking pictures.

Monday I go in for surgery. I am having a "natal bilateral nephrectomy".....I'm getting my "old" kidneys removed. I am scheduled for 1:00 and it's supposed to take 3-4 hours. I will have my phone there so will try to check in as soon as I'm able to.

A little parental bragging: the link should take you to a picture of the cast of the play Mark was in. He is in the pinstriped suit and white hat. Following the picture is the article that was in the local paper about the play. I tried to link to it instead of copying it, but all that would show up is the picture.

http://www.sandburg.edu/Media/680611...teNoneFlipNone
Cast members of Carl Sandburg College’s performance of “Stroke of Midnight” are, clockwise from top right, Jonny Rey, Erica Baumgardner, Ryan Osborn, Jakob Hopkins-Lutz, Riley Franzen, Mark Thomas and Aaron Donnelly.

Sandburg students’ play on stage
Performances three nights

The Register-Mail
Posted Nov 10, 2011 @ 07:27 AM

GALESBURG —
Carl Sandburg College presents “Stroke of Midnight” at 7 p.m. today through Saturday in the Fine Arts Theatre in Building F on the main campus.

The play is an original concept created by Sandburg students with a storyline featuring a painter whose paintings come to life at night.

This play is directed by Susan Sharp, theater instructor at Sandburg.

“I’ve always wanted to do an ensemble-written play, but it requires the right conditions and the right students to be able to do so,” said Sharp. “This year’s scholarship students are outstanding and it’s been a rewarding process to see their words come to life on stage. For a small program, I’m continually amazed by the big ideas and great talent we have at Sandburg.”

The play has been written by theater scholarship students Erica Baumgardner, Aaron Donnelly and Jonathan Rey, all of Galesburg, and Mark Thomas of Maquon.

“I have a new appreciation for the work of playwrights,” Baumgardner said. “We went through several revisions and I learned a lot in the process.”

Thomas came up with the storyline and students supported developing his concept of a painter whose creations come to life at night. The play is set in 1920s Chicago. The playwrights also will act in the performance. Other cast members include Ryan Osborn of Bushnell and Riley Franze of Galesburg.

Admission is $5 for adults, $2 for seniors. For information about the performance, contact Sharp at 341-5287 or ssharp@sandburg.edu.

Copyright 2011 The Register-Mail. Some rights reserved

Last edited by mom3sonstt; 11-13-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #759
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Best wishes on your surgery Tanya. And, congrats to your son on the play. I'm sure he's having fun doing that.

I had to laugh when I looked at your signature....it says "organ donors save lives" and then above it "looking for a new ticker", but I know that a 'new ticker' is not the organ in question.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #760
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Loved the photo book, Tanya.

Good luck with the surgery. I will watch for updates on Facebook.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #761
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Best wishes on your surgery Tanya. And, congrats to your son on the play. I'm sure he's having fun doing that.

I had to laugh when I looked at your signature....it says "organ donors save lives" and then above it "looking for a new ticker", but I know that a 'new ticker' is not the organ in question.
I had never noticed that either! Thank goodness that isn't what I mean!

He will never admit it but he loves doing the plays. This one was written by him and 3 other students, based on a concept that he submitted. So cool!

Old 11-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #762
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Loved the photo book, Tanya.

Good luck with the surgery. I will watch for updates on Facebook.
Thanks Kathy - I have the actual book now too. A couple of the pictures that I took on my phone didn't work out so well, but good enough. I like it.

I will probably be able to get to FB easier than here. Most of you are already FB friends so I should have most people covered.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #763
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
Thanks Kathy - I have the actual book now too. A couple of the pictures that I took on my phone didn't work out so well, but good enough. I like it.

I will probably be able to get to FB easier than here. Most of you are already FB friends so I should have most people covered.
And I could always post an update here for you too.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #764
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Update on tanya

I spoke to Tanya on FB today, and she asked that I pass on this information:

Surgery went fine. Went in at 1:30 was closed up at 3. Was in my room by 5:30. I haven't seen the dr but she talked to Danny. Said the kidneys were a "couple footballs". My incision is up an down from my bra line down almost to my belly button.

She is sore and drowsy, but pretty much ok.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #765
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

I started to type up a TR of sorts of my "trip" to the hospital, but after rambling on incessantly, as I am prone to do, I lost everything.

So to try to keep it short - Surgery was scheduled for 1, but I had to be at hospital at 11. Surgery actually started at 1:30. We were told it would take about two hours or so, plus another couple hours in recovery, so Danny should plan for 5 hours or so. I went in at 1:30, by 3:00 they were closing. I was in my room by 5:30.

Doctor told Danny they took a "couple of footballs" out of me. Think about that....a kidney is supposed to be about the size of your fist, mine were described as footballs.

I had my first, and hopefully last, NG tube. Once again, most of my pain from surgery does not come from the actuall surgery, but all the other stuff they do to me! After the transplant it was the oxygen tube down my throat, this time it was the NG tube (runs through nose down to stomach). Fortunately, that and the catheter both came out the next day.

I was sent home on Thursday, less than 72 hours after surgery.

My incision runs straight down the front of me from the bottom of my breast bone to the top of my belly button. It is all taped together.

My old kidneys have gone off to the pathology lab to be photographed, weighed and checked for any other problems (like tumors). I have a post-surgical visit on Tuesday, hopefully we will have some statistics by then. I have been told they were "ugly". Don't believe me - google "polycystic kidneys" but don't do it before a meal.

I have learned that if I ever plan to become addicted to drugs I will choose morphine over vicodin! I had some really bizarre and terrifying dreams while on the vicodin, and some killer headaches. Bizarre in that the one that woke me up terrified was about a kitten. I had somebody else's kitten in a box, it got out and took off up several floors and was walking around on the ledge of a guardrail about 3 or 4 floors up (picture WL lobby where the floor overlook the lobby) I was irrationally afraid it would fall and I was supposed to be "babysitting" it. The morphine in the hospital just made me drowsy....much better.

I feel great now. I can't bend over real well, or reach very high, and I am not lifting anything or doing stairs yet. I probably could do a little more than I am, but am in no hurry.

I have lost 12-15 pounds and definitely notice a difference in the shape of my abdomen. I am hoping as I heal more that a little more will come off too, but the majority of the rest of it will all be up to me to work on. Hopefully with all that bulk out of there, and a working kidney I will be up to doing something about it. If nothing else, I won't have any more excuses. Well, except for my hip but it's been "wrong" all my life so I don't really know any different than how it is.

I really do plan to come back and do something about my August trip. I still have all my questions and everyone's answers. I also would like to get caught up on everyone else's reports. I was almost caught up before I went in and now I am back to being 2 weeks behind again. At least I see most of you on Facebook and still feel connected that way.

I hope everybody had a wonderful Thanksgiving and survived the Black Friday craziness!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: