Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #736
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

This will probably be my "PTR" for this trip.

You already heard how it came about, I am staying at Saratoga. I called yesterday to take a request off of the room that I didn't intend to be on there in the first place. While taking care of that I checked to see if the last 2 nights had opened up in a studio instead of a 1BR. They hadn't, so I am leaving it alone.

I have non-stop flights down on Tuesday and back on Sunday. I should get there around 4:00 and should get back around noon or 1 I think.

While there I have booked breakfast at Crystal Palace at 9:25 on Wednesday. I haven't decided if I am going to take the scooter or not. I am afraid if I take it and the buses are too crowded in the morning that I may get their too late. But I would like to take it so I can plan to spend more time at the park....or even monorail it over to Epcot later. We'll see.....
I have never eaten at Crystal Palace. Danny has in his previous life and has not been interested in going back.

On Thursday I have a late lunch booked for the Brown Derby. I have never eaten there either. A lot of the menu doesn't appeal to me, and apparently none of it does to DH, but I think I am going to get the Cobb Salad and a dessert.

That is all that I have booked for meals.

Friday night I have ordered a ticket for the Halloween party. I will not be taking the scooter to that so I am not sure what time I will go over. I may do something else during the day, hang out by the pool for awhile, then go over late afternoon to grab a bite to eat somewhere before the party officially starts.

Saturday I am hoping to be able to run into Kathy & Mark. Her plans have her at DD for a while that day, and I need to make a trip over there also since last month it was pouring when we went and we really didn't do much. I want to go see the new lego sculptures especially.

Sunday I have to get up early. My flight is at 10:40 so Magic Express will probably be around 7:30 and I will have to take my bag over to get it checked in before that. I need to see how early I have to take my bag over, I will probably take care of it then just hang around waiting on the bus. If the bag has to be checked in far enough ahead of the bus time then hopefully I will have time to grab a quick bite to eat. Otherwise I will be looking for something at the airport while I wait.

DH is not-so-subtly hinting that I need to check out the Vinylmation trading boxes while I am there I asked him if I need to stop every hour or so and hang out by the men's bathroom for a few minutes too

I recieved my Magic Express packet today! And I am almost packed. I have a stack of clothes piled in the suitcase. I just need to get a couple other things washed and added to the pile, decide whether there is any point in taking "warm" clothes, then root through the Disney box that I just unloaded our last trip stuff into and see how much of it I need to take back with me on this trip. Danny is in charge of getting a camera ready for me. Last trip the one he gave me had one battery that didn't hold a charge. The first day I used that battery he thought I had run it down using it on the safari. The next time I used it was after they had left for home and the first show/attraction I went to the battery was already flashing. He is supposed to give me a different camera this time. He is also supposed to give me extra cards to go with it. Usually he downloads the pictures each night, but since I won't have a computer to load them too I will just have to take extra cards so I don't run out. I am hoping the weather is better this time, and that I will go scooterless more often, in able to free up my hands for the camera!

And that is about all there is to tell this time!

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
Old 09-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #737
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Man, what a whirlwind of planning. I'm getting tired just reading it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #738
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Hey Tanya! So excited for you and so jealous!!! Sounds like a great trip - some things planned and some just go with the flow.

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC Aug 30-Sept 2, 2013 - AOA, May 23-27, 2014 - 24 Hour Event - WL, June 29 - July 2, 2014 - POP, Upcoming - Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2014 - BC/ASSp - 1st Xmas Trip
Old 09-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #739
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Plans sound great, Tanya. I hope we can meet up too. Maybe you can join us at EOS for lunch?
Old 09-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #740
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Man, what a whirlwind of planning. I'm getting tired just reading it!
It was kind of done on the fly. I knew I wanted a Halloween party, but I couldn't find any openings at Magic Kingdom for supper that day (I think it's a free dining time ). Since I have the Tables in Wonderland discount card, I knew I wanted to go to at least a couple sit down place, and figured I might as well try some that I knew Danny wouldn't go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
Hey Tanya! So excited for you and so jealous!!! Sounds like a great trip - some things planned and some just go with the flow.
I don't like to plan too much stuff. We never follow the plans anyway I like to have a general idea of what I think I might want to do, but like to leave it open enough that if the weather doesn't cooperate, or I just don't feel like going somewhere that I don't have to. We would never book two meals in one day...that would tie us too much to a schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Plans sound great, Tanya. I hope we can meet up too. Maybe you can join us at EOS for lunch?
I love Earl's! That sounds like a plan. Just let me know when you think you will be there. I want to do some shopping and hopefully some picture taking down there this trip since I didn't get it accomplished last time.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #741
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post

I love Earl's! That sounds like a plan. Just let me know when you think you will be there. I want to do some shopping and hopefully some picture taking down there this trip since I didn't get it accomplished last time.
The plan is to be there at 3:30 or 4:00 for lunch so that we can finish shopping before we go back to Kidani to swim with the urchins.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #742
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
The plan is to be there at 3:30 or 4:00 for lunch so that we can finish shopping before we go back to Kidani to swim with the urchins.
I hope your car issues get figured out and will still be able to make this much needed trip! I will follow along on FB and hope to meet up with you Saturday!

Shutting down and heading out for airport!

Old 09-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #743
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Plans or lack of themsound great Tanya !! I have not planned as thoroughly the last few trips !! With the family it was futile anyway !!I tried to tell Judy we needed to eat lunch around 11a.m before it got busy , of course she didn't listen and then complained about thelines and no tables Errr excuse me that is why I said 11!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 09-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #744
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

I have decided that I really do not like switching rooms during a trip. I started with 3 nights in a studio and am supposed to switch to a 1br today. I called the front desk this morning when I got up then went down to check in. I was hoping since I was stYing at the same resort they might try to expedite things so I wouldn't have to go homelss. But here I sit by the pool with my luggage and my scooter......waiting. I know I could have bell sErvices take my stuff but I wont be going anywhere anywY. It's too much of a hassle to load the scooter and I want to settl in before the Halloween party tonight

Old 09-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #745
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

I'm home!

Well, actually I have been home since Sunday....but, other than trying to get into Marv's contest before it was too late I haven't been on the DIS.

I got in Sunday around noon and my childhood best friend's parents were having a 50th anniversary party and I hadn't seen my friend's brothers for 20+ years, and I hadn't seen her for probably 6 years, and that was at a basketball game so we didn't get to talk much. So I went over there instead of home. It was great to see everyone! But it made my travel day that much longer.

Monday I was beat....didn't do a thing. Tuesday I had to take Ryne to his "class" (he is taking some Math and English with the Adult Literacy program) and got some groceries. Wednesday I had a Dr's appt, not my kidney doctor. Then Thursday Ryne had class again plus I had to get our license plate sticker, and pick up some stuff for Danny. Today I finally don't have to go anywhere, so I am trying to get the dishes caught back up completely and make a game plan for next week. I had made tater tot casserole Monday night before I left. When I got home Sunday afternoon the pan was still in the sink Mark had been in charge of dishes. But since I started feeling better I had taken that back over (it would take him days to get around to doing them anyway) I thought he would step up while I was gone and do them....

But anyway - I am back, Ryne does not have class next week because his tutor will be gone, so hopefully I will be able to start getting caught back up on everyone's reports!

Old 10-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #747
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
Well, actually I have been home since Sunday....but, other than trying to get into Marv's contest before it was too late I haven't been on the DIS.
Welcome Back! At least when you returned you had your priorities straight!!!

Can't wait for you to get going on your TR from you previous trip! I hear you got to meet some REALLY nice people.........

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 10-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #748
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Welcome Back! At least when you returned you had your priorities straight!!!

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 10-14-2011, 01:04 AM   #749
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Old 11-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #750
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

September solo trip - photobook 11/1

Yay! The re-opened me and gave me my buttons back!!!

I'm still uploading the last of my pictures from the August trip.

I uploaded my pics from my solo trip and ordered a photobook from Snapfish (had a free book coming from some CokeRewards points I turned in). This link should take you to it.

This trip was somewhat picture-light. About 700 pictures (that's light for us) I narrowed it down to a couple hundred to pick from for the book. Several pictures of my Saratoga studio and 1BR rooms.

http://www1.snapfish.com/snapfish/pr...otsi=SPBKlink/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: