Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #722
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Tanya! How fun! Good for you - winning and taking advantage of the opp to do a solo trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #723
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Wow! That is great news and you get to go so soon!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #724
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
I just booked a trip!!

Oh...it is in 11 days!! :b anana:

I fly down on Tuesday the 20th, staying at Saratoga....3 nights in a studio and 2 nights in a 1BR then fly home on the 25th.

Somewhere in there hopefully I can get to a MNSSHP and also hopefully I will overlap with Kathy's trip and can try to meet up with her and Mark.

No kids...no husband....just me....

Hubby had been telling me he would "let" me go. I thought he was just joking around. But he kept bringing it up, then he went and looked at flights. Well, by the time he did that, I couldn't get rooms....well, I couldnt get a studio. I hemmed and hawed enough that I lost the good prices on the flights. They were as low as 93...at least in one direction. But last night I went to our local telephone Co-op meeting, and won the Grand Prize of $300 and decided that was the clincher. So this morning I got up, checked the flights and called member services.

Only you, Tanya!

on the quick solo trip, even though you may have to run into Kathy and Mark while you're there. Well, Mark would be cool, but if you run into Kathy, make sure you're on your scooter and you put it in reverse immediately afterwards........

j/k Kathy! Just getting in that first shot before you and Molly start tag teaming me again!!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 09-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #725
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Spontaneous Disney Trip! Have a blast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Wow! You won't need to wait long for this one! Have a fab time
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Congrats on winning some moolah and booking a quick trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Tanya! How fun! Good for you - winning and taking advantage of the opp to do a solo trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Wow! That is great news and you get to go so soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Only you, Tanya!

on the quick solo trip, even though you may have to run into Kathy and Mark while you're there. Well, Mark would be cool, but if you run into Kathy, make sure you're on your scooter and you put it in reverse immediately afterwards........

j/k Kathy! Just getting in that first shot before you and Molly start tag teaming me again!!!!

Thanks everybody!! My AP expires November 7th and we aren't sure when we will be going back again. I bought Tables in Wonderland on our August trip and it is good through the end of next September, so hopefully before then because we certainly haven't broken even on it yet.

Danny is going out west Oct 25- Nov 5, then the following week is the play at the local Jr College - Danny records them, and Mark should be involved in it this year, then the following Monday is my surgery.

We were looking at dates before his trip that I could possibly go before my pass ran out. I didn't take it too seriously because, well, we just got back. But Danny came out one night and said he was looking at flights and that there were several dates that were only $93.

We worked on it one night trying to mix and match a 5 night stay with the cheap flights each way. I think there was only one. But there were two or 3 that were 6 night stays. We finally decided the best dates were leaving either the 20th or the 27th and staying 6 nights or the 21 or 28th and staying 5 nights. Somewhere in there are some $109 flights.

So I get my handy dandy little list made up, ran a couple errands that needed to get done by a certain time, then forgot to call Member Services until 4:15....they close at 4:30 Well, there was nowhere that I could stay the whole 6 nights at a studio or 1BR or combination without moving multiple times. I could get 5 nights, but it would be flying back on the 25th and the cheapest flight was $169 and I didn't want to really do that. So I held off.

As soon as I hung up I thought - duh - why didn't I check flying down the 19th and see what flights and rooms were like. Flights were ok - not great times, but the price was good. But it was too late to call.

About that time Mom called and asked if I was going to the phone meeting. We didn't have any plans, you always get a little gift for coming (this year was an insulated re-usable grocery bag). And when the meeting is over they have door prizes. It used to be a TV for the grand prize, then they started offering so much in free services, the last few years it has been cash! The other prizes used to be donations from area businesses.....ball caps, jackets, golf balls.....all the random stuff businesses buy for advertising. This year they just had $25 credits towards your phone bill. The last think I won was an orange jacket from some farm place that didn't fit anyone in our family. Well, the boys finally grew into it, but none of them would wear it. This time I got the grand prize! That's when I decided that I could splurge for the $169 flight.

So this morning I get up, pull up the airline site to make sure the flights were still available and..........all my $93 flights had turned into $143 flights overnight!!!! By that time I didn't really care. So now I have 143 one way and 169 the other, by the time they added tax and deducted the $28 credit I still had from a price reduction on my August flight my total was $305. Only $5 more than I won. I don't have to pay for rooms. So the only out of pocket money I will need is spending money. I still have a little over $300 left in my vacation account, so that should be more than enough for me, I also have about $25 left on my gift card.

Of course in the meantime I decided I had to go to the Halloween party while I was there, so that was another $50+ dollars (I did get a DVC discount so that was something).

Now I just need to figure out what I need to do when. I rented another scooter because I still don't think full days are possible without one. I will not take it to the Halloween party. But since I am at Saratoga that means wherever I go it will be by bus. Because of that I do not plan on trying to do any rope drops, or stay until close (unless I go back later without it). I am ok boarding a semi empty bus, but hate, hate, hate boarding one where the seats are mostly full. You have to pull up in between the seats then back into the spot...and with all the feet sticking out in the aisle it is not easy at all to maneuver and takes so much longer to get it in the right spot. I am petrified at the thought of banging into someone or running over feet when trying to get it situated.

Obviously since this is so last minute I have nothing at all planned. Guess what I will be doing the next few days!

Since it is coming up so soon I don't plan to even attempt to start my other TR until I am back. I do have the photos uploaded through the 10th. So I will work on getting the rest of them loaded.

I also have some more "trip through time" pictures to load. I need to find mom's actual photo album because there were some pictures from that trip that I specifically remember that weren't in the packet she gave me last night, so evidently some of the duplicates didn't make it.

Here is a sample...not Disney, and probably the following summer (my hair is longer here than in the vacation pics)

Welcome to my Redneck water park!!!!

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
Old 09-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #726
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Tanya, that is AWESOME news. Good for you.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:35 PM   #727
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Ok folks - I don't trust my eyes...or my color-blind husband's opinon. Do you think these go well together? The pants are a light weight plaid capri, and the shirt is a V-neck T. I'm trying to determine whether Minnie's skirt goes with the blues in the pants. (Can you tell I am really a blue jean and T shirt girl through and through...)

Old 09-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #728
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the win and the Trip!! I am useless at matching colors and designs so I will let the men decide
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 09-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #729
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Congrats on the win and the Trip!! I am useless at matching colors and designs so I will let the men decide
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT listen to Marv if he pipes in.

Tanya, I think it looks fine together.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #730
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Tanya, I am so excited for you to take another trip! Congrats on winning the money!

Yes, I like that shirt with the shorts - not so matchy matchy, but the blues go!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #731
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

sweet an almost free trip.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 09-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #732
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
I get FREE ones
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 09-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #733
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not the men in MY house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT listen to Marv if he pipes in.

Tanya, I think it looks fine together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Tanya, I am so excited for you to take another trip! Congrats on winning the money!

Yes, I like that shirt with the shorts - not so matchy matchy, but the blues go!
Thanks ladies, it is getting packed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
almost free is good....

Quote:
I get FREE ones
FREE is better

Old 09-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #734
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I forgot to say that I love the redneck waterpark! We had one like that too!
Old 09-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #735
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
I get FREE ones
and that is what makes you one of a kind rosie, well that and other things.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: